Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
sparkey pulled out the hedge and back filled filled with 15 yards of Black dirt,
I got the 2 butternut trees and the one red delicious apple tree planted,
as well all da laundry washed an line dried, then had
beer batter cod and onion rings for supper.
yum yum

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After what I did outside the last too days I was sore last night and couldn't get comfortable watching a movie. Didn't sleep great because I got a leg cramp that hurt so bad I had to pull out the heated Massager to get rid of it which took a while. Was hard getting out of bed this morning and coffee should be ready just about now~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Oh, my aching everything. What the hell am I to do?"

*sees big plastic bottle of acetaminophen, nods, takes 1000 mg*

Once I get moving, the pain starts working itself out. Its that initial facing the aches that gets you. You think "frack this, I'm not moving", then, you go and get going. It gets better gradually until you lay down to crash. Wake the next day and do it again. Yea fucking ha.

If you missed it, they call it life and living.

"Got to keep 'er moto-vated."

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Oh, my aching everything. What the hell am I to do?"

*sees big plastic bottle of acetaminophen, nods, takes 1000 mg*

Once I get moving, the pain starts working itself out. Its that initial facing the aches that gets you. You think "frack this, I'm not moving", then, you go and get going. It gets better gradually until you lay down to crash. Wake the next day and do it again. Yea fucking ha.

If you missed it, they call it life and living.

I am sore from all the work I did the passed two days, the normal everyday pains I can usually deal with~! One Giant cup of coffee and feeling much better without Naproxin~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am sore from all the work I did the passed two days, the normal everyday pains I can usually deal with~! One Giant cup of coffee and feeling much better without Naproxin~!

Well I'm sore from the full week of 8 hour evening/night shifts of custodian work. You are on your feet a lot of it. Schools are usually floored in concrete. That's rough on high arched footed people. And gee golly, wouldn't ya know? *chuckles*

Then, on top of it I got osteopenia (thinning bones), osteo-arthritis (generic plain old artritis which not as terrible as rheumatoid can be equally debilitating at times). Gonna axe my GP if it's okay for me to nom something like Bioflex to limber up me joints.

I have to keep moving.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you look at the pictures I was working on cement and bending stooping plus working on my knees. Lifting bags of Mulch but I got smart after many years and use a hand truck to bring them from the back to the front. Climbing the ladder to trim a couple of bushes plus did the front lawn.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you look at the pictures I was working on cement and bending stooping plus working on my knees. Lifting bags of Mulch but I got smart after many years and use a hand truck to bring them from the back to the front. Climbing the ladder to trim a couple of bushes plus did the front lawn.
I saw what you were doing. :) Looks good too.

Discomfort of yours worth the nice look, it is. *chuckles* Hope you know I'm not knocking your efforts at all. You should take pride in what you've done. I do. "Man, I got buds that can make up some nice landscape."

I used to help my mom do up around Showalter's place on 613 down in VA. We had one hill converted into a terraced step flower garden. It was pretty steep and was a pain to mow. She decided we could make it pretty instead.

Here's what I'm meaning by terraced steps, or at least similar. When I tell you my mom's she be an amazing lady, you better know it true. She got balls o' brass and beat colon cancer twice so far.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still have to do the Herb and Vegetable Gardens plus trim some bushes on the West side of the house. Then the only thing I still have on the To Do list that I know of right now is to pressure wash the house and walks.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I meant to tell you, too, Steve. Your place looks great, love that red mulch you put down, and you live in a stone house! To me there is nothing as beautiful as a stone house. I have house envy!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I'm a mamma's boy. It was my mamma who taught me to be a masochist. The downside being if you let me be, damn, total torture. *chuckles*

Doing the SOMA pay thing, same difference. To me that is work. I have to sit still. Mamma never told me to be still.

And yes, I know I sit here relaxing and visiting the forum. That is something completely different. I'm socializing here. I really don't otherwise do that. Eh, to some degree at work I do a little.

But then at work people got an idea of who I am by my doing. They took five minutes to know I'm an alpha, not simply because I'm some big bad macho type. No, I'm the kind which learned being an alpha the hardest and can do it well from having good earth based role models.

In fact she got me off ritalin even though schools, doctors wanted me on it to curb my urges, hyper mood/s. Her boy had an active imagination and boundless energy, that didn't make him some evil little monster. It only meant he followed his own cadence and drummer.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back when I was a child there was no ADHD to were Hyperactive. I was one who could never sit still and still am. Although yesterday when I got finished working I cracked open a beer and sat on the front porch. Naturally I saw a spot I missed or was thin and climbed in the bushes to make it as perfect as I could get it~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're wanting kidnapped and held to make blueberry muffins 24/7 aren't you?

They are Betty Crocker so just add Milk or Water and stir~! Dollar Tree also but they haven't had them since so if I want they are double the price at King Kullen~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They are Betty Crocker so just add Milk or Water and stir~! Dollar Tree also but they haven't had them since so if I want they are double the price at King Kullen~!

*now decides to find this legendary Betty of Croker* Bet she makes a good gumbo and crawdad boil up. I'll keep an eye open. But for now, not having an accessible oven dampens my witch baking. Me as well. Got an oven at father in laws but really don't want to intrude on them. Although her sister and bro in law got no such qualms, obviously. *smh, sighs*

Think I'm going for head call then piddle around some. Just sat and put a nice SS316 coil in the Firefly rda. Built a beauty of a Z coil & wicked it with rayon. Ha! Lemme tell ya! Oh my goodness. Woot!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
In a pinch I have made biscuits in a cast iron frying pan on an eye on the stove. If you can make biscuits that way, you could make blueberry scones. Just keep the heat low, keep the pan covered, and turn them over halfway through so they'll cook on both sides.

Back in the day when people down here used to heat their houses with wood or coal stoves, it wasn't unusual at all to have a pot of beans or soup, or a pan of biscuits cooking on top of the heater.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Going to Smoke a Piece of Meat for tonight's dinner and trying to decide on what.............

Is there such a thing as a Boston Butt up your way? That may be something particular to the South, but one would be damn good out of a smoker.

Make some thick boiled potatoes and a pan of baked beans to go with. Dayummmm! :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is there such a thing as a Boston Butt up your way? That may be something particular to the South, but one would be damn good out of a smoker.

Not Sure if I ever saw one of those. I am going to the Market to see what looks good, maybe a Birsket. Chuck Roast or Beef Short Ribs is what I have in mind. But once I see something then the light comes on~!

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm planning to fire up the grill and BBQ some chicken this evening.

I've been out bush hogging one of our lower fields this morning as it was in really bad shape. However, after taking care of some repair work over the winter, my old tractor did so well I thought it'd be a good time for a beer and vape break on the front porch for a bit.
2fcdf4bf2c737af123b8a9e074687317.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I've been out bush hogging one of our lower fields this morning as it was in really bad shape. However, after taking care of some repair work over the winter, my old tractor did so well I thought it'd be a good time for a beer and vape break on the front porch for a bit.

I am drinking White Claw Hard Seltzers while I tend to the meat. Smoking means sit in a chair and drink~!

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In a pinch I have made biscuits in a cast iron frying pan on an eye on the stove. If you can make biscuits that way, you could make blueberry scones. Just keep the heat low, keep the pan covered, and turn them over halfway through so they'll cook on both sides.

Back in the day when people down here used to heat their houses with wood or coal stoves, it wasn't unusual at all to have a pot of beans or soup, or a pan of biscuits cooking on top of the heater.
My first house had a wood stove in the living room that I used for my primary heat source. Besides it being convenient for cooking or heating something up, I used to put jarred candles on it over the winter. They'd heat up as the stove warmed and melt the wax so the whole house would smell amazing. Haha

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That a Furgey?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thought of that as well. The trouble is the wood stove here is in the kitchen. They only use it for heat and so any trying to use it otherwise would be frowned on.

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning has been fun so far. The call out system can call from 5 AM to 3 PM during the day. Of course, it starts right at 5.

Wife could not get to the first call in time. I was dead to the world. Second one she got but it asked for my PIN. She put it in.

The system told her invalid three times & then hung up. I haven't altered my pin nor my employee number. Without those I'm not able to access the "system". I cannot work.

Knowing I've not altered these "key" things, left to presume they did. That leaves me with a few questions. If I'm "fired", why bother calling me to work? If fired, why not have the balls to call me in and tell me face to face?

I don't think I've been fired. But I will absolutely end employment if they have screwed with my info needed to access work info. Because that proves they're fucking with people just to fuck with them. I'm not working for that for no money.

I don't mind the work. Hell, Friday night I pulled the work of two people in one shift. If I had issue with the work I would have walked instead. It's the fucking petty bullshit I loathe.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I had lunch and went outside to get started on finishing up cleaning the flower beds and putting down the mulch but the Arborvitaes at the end of the patio were bothering me and the winter wrecked them. So out with the ladders and I cut them down to about 8 Foot high and tied them up a bit. Since I really whacked them if they don't grow nice I will be removing them.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
REgarding, wife wasn't awake I guess. She fumbled the numbers in. Wound up pulling from 7:15/730 to roughly 3:30 but left at 3:15. I was up at Ravenswood middle today. The principle there, Mr. Erwin, is a card and a half. He's easy going, easy to get along. I come in at 3:15, "calling it, boss," I said.

He nodded, "my keys give me you will," he said as I was in the process of handing them to him. So no, i don't mind the work at all. I actually got myself caught back up for being late in. Worked myself out of work about 2:30 ish and then sat until fire drill.

Went along out with the finance secretary. Told her I was napping. She chuckled, "I don't care." I asked if Mr. Erwin cared. She said he didn't just that I had to stay out of sight. Told her my closet door was closed but if needed she knew where I was.

About 2:45 the evening guy, Tim, come in. He asked what I was doing. "Nothing, got caught up," I said. He told me I could help him a bit if I didn't mind. I said I was a worker, he smiled. "Get the office trash, then, double check your bathroom stock for me."

I went and did what was asked, told him I kept an eye on class trash but none needed pulled during the day, figured "night" shift could get it, not being nasty.

He agreed and nodded. "Well, that's all I got for you. I reckon you can go any time you want." So yeah, I left about 3:15 instead of 3:30.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been busy in the garden trying to get stuff done. Tomato planter is filled, currently occupied by a few peach trees (will tarp them using the top support of the tomatoes for the frost coming). Holes dug and ready to be backfilled with compost and dirt for melon plants.

1618886861459.png

Couple of tubs for eggplants next to the fava beans (stakes). 4 tubs leveled up with trellis for cucumbers and beans.

1618887082891.png

Got another planter built and leveled up today. 2ft x 5ft, for smaller stuff like lettuce and things.

1618887205400.png

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also think I got the dryer fixed. Ran it a few times without incident. The larger wire gauge on the new replacement fuses made a big difference. At first I used a 10a fuse since it was 250v rated (dryer's only 110v) and that sounded right. But after some searching, seems the way to go is to use the proper amperage and voltage doesn't matter so long as it meets or exceeds the current of the appliance. At first the fuse felt like it was getting a bit warm, only when I held it in my hand. Otherwise it was just warm to the touch while on the hottest setting (highest power load). Swapped for a 20a fuse with a larger filament, 20a is what was originally in it. The fuse itself is physically smaller but otherwise all seems good. So it was just the janky flimsy fuse wire I got off ebay that was continuing to heat up.

VU Sponsors