Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Serviced 3 snow blowers today and a couple of other odd jobs over my Sweeties. Then I received my Smoke Machine Diagnostic tool but I need to make or buy an adapter for the fuel tank. So I found a small vacuum leak under the hood but the Evap is going to require my having the truck up in the air so that I wasn't going to mess with today. Took off the Plow Mount and installed the Bull Bar for the summer. Now time for a shower and a beer or 4.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Took down old bed. Cut the foam mattress with a scythe blade. Out to the fire pit it all went.

Set up new metal frame and unrolled the new foam mattress on it. Me & wife went into town to kill time for the mattress to expand. Had a so so dinner at Bob Evan's. Went to Wally World, dropped $300 for some clothes a few totes. *sighs, smh*

Now we're gonna crash.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
26755.gif

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got to lowes today. Got some metal stock for making brackets to mount fog lights on the truck. Their selection of wire was pathetic (primary wire) so rather than dick around local stores probably easier just to grab what I need online.

Picked up plants for the garden finally. A few different tomatoes, some sweet cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, bell peppers, lunchbox pepper plant, anaheim pepper plant, couple eggplants. Couple dozen marigolds in different colors along with some seeds. Got a couple blackberry bushes, I think it was a combo pack with raspberry or something else. Picked up seeds for peas, beans, couple different types of corn, sunflowers, a lettuce seed mix, radishes, green onions, kale, some spinach maybe?, zucchini, patty pan squash, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, can't recall what all. Like 20 packs of seeds. Ended up being around $150 in plants/seeds.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So the drip in the bathroom was worse and I had picked up a new Faucet because the way they make shit it doesn't last. When I installed it the pipes were too short~! Off to plumbing supply so I could finish up.

1619460571391.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah dumb ass, and you forgot to remind me it was Monday. Boy did I have Monday of Mondays today. I got on auto pilot and forgot where I was, protocol. I was just getting my work done.

Unfortunately two girls were in the restroom, I gave them buffer space thinking military/retail custodial protocol. I was not that there to "peek/ogle". I was there doing my work on the opposite side of the restroom.

Well Mr. Principle called me to his office, explained different protocol. Told him if I had to leave every time walked in on, might not get bathrooms done. I wasn't being "smart" just saying. He nodded and knew I wasn't being smart.

"That's fine Ben. I'm not concerned if you don't get done, you're making an effort at least. I know you bust your butt on night shift, not just here but six other schools. Nobody keeps up with you Ben. You're just go go go, get it done, go some more," he told me.

But he still give me an "unsatisfactory" work incident sheet/write up. He too knew I wasn't some perv creeper. He realized I was on autopilot. Today is 11 days of 8 hour shifts. I'd do more if allowed. Betwixt them and my wife I'm not allowed.

Then, I also spilled a bucket of mop water in the cafeteria. *chuckles* The "half timer" had to go grab the "green machine" and vacuum it up, what didn't go down the drain.Sop, yeah it was a damn Monday. *grumbles*

Hope I'm called tonight with a night shift for tomorrow. Really getting tired of swing shifting but oh well, take all the hours while they give 'em. "Where's our labor hours going?" "To the dog." "Huh?" "Oh, yeah Ben, our dog he eats the labor hours." "Why?" "He damn well works."

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got some of the stuff planted today, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, peas, anaheim and lunchbox peppers, eggplants.

1619489257621.png

Still have sweet corn to plant, green beans, couple different type of cucumbers (regular and pickling), green onions, a variety of lettuces, spinach, kale, watermelon, canataloupe, the patty pan squash and zucchini. And need to figure out where I'm putting the berry bushes (blackberries and raspberries).

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's hoping Tuesday goes better. Going to an elementary wife says I been to before. Don't recall it but, oh well.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got some of the stuff planted today, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, peas, anaheim and lunchbox peppers, eggplants.

View attachment 181173

Still have sweet corn to plant, green beans, couple different type of cucumbers (regular and pickling), green onions, a variety of lettuces, spinach, kale, watermelon, canataloupe, the patty pan squash and zucchini. And need to figure out where I'm putting the berry bushes (blackberries and raspberries).

So the Giant Blueberry Plants I ordered are finally shipping and as far as I can figure they should get here this week. Got a Notification over the weekend from FedEx but they are coming Via Smart Post so will got USPS for final delivery.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did some stuff this morning and had to wait around for a phone call to pick up Cousin Joey after Cataracts Surgery. Went to Lowes on the way home and bought a Cement Bird Bath for the backyard. Didn't plan on installing it today but wound up doing it anyway~!

1619556752729.png

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, the red oak trees I started from seed 3 years ago died from the winter freeze... and I was going to plant them in the ground this year. Those got pulled from their pots and thrown in the trash.
One of our security lights bit the dust, so I had to replace that.... not the bulb, the entire fixture.
After starting the day off on such a terrible note, I grabbed a small piece of angle iron and decided to make a pair of knives out of it. I went with mesquite for the handles (full tang). Glue is drying now, along with brass pins for holding handles together. I'll finish them when I feel like it, probably tomorrow.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did some stuff this morning and had to wait around for a phone call to pick up Cousin Joey after Cataracts Surgery. Went to Lowes on the way home and bought a Cement Bird Bath for the backyard. Didn't plan on installing it today but wound up doing it anyway~!

View attachment 181192
Hope the cataract surgery went well with your cousin and he's doing well :hug:
The bird bath brought everything together, it balanced it out with the smaller stuff on the ground. Looks good !

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hope the cataract surgery went well with your cousin and he's doing well :hug:
The bird bath brought everything together, it balanced it out with the smaller stuff on the ground. Looks good !

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

I had to move a couple of plants and stuff~! I was sitting having a beer admiring and had to adjust a few things to make it look balanced. Remember I moved that tree last year or maybe the year before. I would have to check the Meta Data on the pics.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started my day off hearing an odd whining noise in the living room. Shit like that annoys me, like that interference whine. So checking everything, tv sound was turned down/muted but finally realized it was the dvd/surround combo. Checked if maybe a fan was getting noisy, the top of the case felt hot. Powered it off, wouldn't power back on again. Well shit. So now looking for a reasonable priced replacement.

Figure I'll be better off going with separate units. If tv's didn't chintz out so bad on the craptastic little speakers. Won't be anything as nice as the surround sound I set up for my ex gf years ago. Found some killer deals and managed to get speakers, head unit and wire for around $550-600. Probably close to $1000 full retail. I think they were pioneers, the front left/right were around 3ft tall, the 'small' rear surrounds had 4" woofers, 1" tweeters and around 10lbs a pop. I think they were like 80-85w just for the rear bookshelf boxes. I'm looking more at smaller setups around 100-200w max for the whole system. As it was her place had a pretty good sized living room and that setup nearly blew us out over 40-50%.

Got the two blackberries and the black raspberry planted in the tubs. Still not sure what size they are, 20gal maybe? They're thornless which are supposed to do well in pots. Got seeds planted, some multicolor gourmet lettuce mix along the sides of the tomato planter. Lettuce, green onions, kale, spinach planted in the 5 foot raised bed. Got the patty pan seeds, watermelon and cantaloupe planted along with the slicing and pickling cucumbers and the sugar peas.

Think I missed the spring planting for snow peas, they'll have to wait til fall. Only thing not planted just yet are the zucchini plants and corn. Oh and the pole beans. Was going to then realized they needed an overnight soak so held off.

Still have to get the peach trees repotted. And find a spot for them. Had deer come through between my place and the neighbors a couple times today, seems like two groups. 3 in one, 4 in another. They don't need to find the peach trees and decide they're snacks. lol.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just checked Tracking and my Giant Blueberry Plants are on FedEx Vehicle for delivery but no scheduled date?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since I set up the Bird Bath I am waiting to see some birds use it~! I even threw some bread out yesterday and none came near it yet but they did have a field day on top of the bushes where I tossed it up there for them.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe they need some encouragement. You could stick a realistic bird ornament in it perhaps.

In the center of the bath there is a round spot higher up so they can sit in the center but not be wet. I put bread on it and it is gone now. Plus with us going near it they see us but we may not see them so they are wary.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pictures Please~!
More bad news. Shelf fell off bedroom wall in the middle of the night. Had to clean up that mess.
The mesquite handles warped from the heat of the glue. Can't get anything else decent in the county I live in. Added a few things to my Amazon list. If shit stops fucking up, maybe I can get shit done in a few weeks.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I received my Giant Blueberry Plants................. Can you see them? I figure maybe a year or two before I get Blueberries~!

1619655295492.png

You must read the ads because it says Giant Blueberries not Giant Plants~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did way too much yesterday because I really feel it this morning~! Might be a Naproxen Morning~!

VU Sponsors