Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
2 Double Cheese burgers and a large sweet tea from McDonalds.

Here's an example of how the automated call / email out system the board uses is messed up.

Yes, Roy might be stepping up to sub for Gary. I knew he would be. Worked at *****swood Middle school last night. As I said in last night's posting, ...

The "Rat Pack" in this case is Tom, Roy, Randy. I think they've kind of adopted me as one of their own. What I'm pointing out is the email read Roy was "stepping" for Gary. Gary is off tomorrow/today on day shift. Roy is subbing for him.

I sat here just a few moments ago and filled in an xls file with the job information. The sheet reads "Employee Time Report". I like using the computer to fill them out mostly. I then sign them, or let one of the secretaries do it for me.

Yes a few will, and yes I entrust them to not foul things up. They're secretaries, pros like me, figure they can do their jobs. :) :D Er, famous last words? Gee, hope not.

The two schools share some common space. I'll try a quick text diagram below to offer an idea of how they meet.

*****SWOOD HIGH SCHOOL ------- QUARTERDECK
CAFETERIA CLASS CLASS CLASS
****SWOOD MIDDLE SCHOOL AUDITORIUM

They walk over from the high school's quarter-deck to the middle school's auditorium & set after they've finished up. They usually wrap up from 8P to 9:30P.

Everyone on the crew "takes their time", does the work properly. Yes, we do "close enough for government" work. None of work is slop though. We do check behind one another, fix, or let each other know of things to improve/do. Last night I worked with Tim.

Tim: "Hey, you forgot to sweep your stairs."

Me: "Ah, duh. I'll get them. Knew I was done too soon."

I went and did them right then. It took about twenty minutes. I did not feel criticized, only reminded. We don't criticize. If you see something you can clean better, clean it. Show the one who cleaned it, show what you did different. We all learn and share what we know.

There's nobody really "walking on" anyone else. There's nowhere to go in the work, really, so no need "stepping" on anyone. :D :)
That's great you have nobody stepping on you or undermining you at work. Really it is.
My last 3 jobs I got burnt badly by co-workers and associates. It would be encyclopedic to go into the details and tactics the rats stooped to and employed against me. It was all based upon basically professional jealousy in the industry I worked in. I was for around 15 yrs very well known in it both publicly and in the industry itself. But in hindsight naive and too trusting, to my detriment. I no longer associate with anyone from it or associated with it. Though it does remain my hobby.
If you have good trustworthy workmates then you are a fortunate man and good on you 👍
Good luck with it all friend. :)👍

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's great you have nobody stepping on you or undermining you at work. Really it is.
My last 3 jobs I got burnt badly by co-workers and associates. It would be encyclopedic to go into the details and tactics the rats stooped to and employed against me. It was all based upon basically professional jealousy in the industry I worked in. I was for around 15 yrs very well known in it both publicly and in the industry itself. But in hindsight naive and too trusting, to my detriment. I no longer associate with anyone from it or associated with it. Though it does remain my hobby.
If you have good trustworthy workmates then you are a fortunate man and good on you 👍
Good luck with it all friend. :)👍

Yes, so far I'm seeing a fair bit of it like this. Have noted a little which seems the direct opposite. I keep mouth shut, eyes, ears open when around those like that. I don't engage with them.

Think they've realized I'm there to work and not be involved in trouble. Sure I can slack to a point with anyone but I also get work done. I don't talk politics, religion, fishing, sex.

Figure if you have to talk on those you don't understand, or aren't getting it. Probably because you talk it to death. :D

I've even got up and left a room, area where that talking is going on. Was not followed. Think level heads explained I wasn't being rude just didn't care for the conversation. No need for that stuff in a public place of work anyway.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, so far I'm seeing a fair bit of it like this. Have noted a little which seems the direct opposite. I keep mouth shut, eyes, ears open when around those like that. I don't engage with them.

Think they've realized I'm there to work and not be involved in trouble. Sure I can slack to a point with anyone but I also get work done. I don't talk politics, religion, fishing, sex.

Figure if you have to talk on those you don't understand, or aren't getting it. Probably because you talk it to death. :D

I've even got up and left a room, area where that talking is going on. Was not followed. Think level heads explained I wasn't being rude just didn't care for the conversation. No need for that stuff in a public place of work anyway.

Sounds like a good coping mechanism to me. When I was still working in the office every day, I heard several conversations in the break room that had me on my feet and headed back to my desk.

I'm one of two people in my building who share political and religious views. Mostly I keep my mouth shut, but when others can't do that and just must tread into territory that's offensive to me, I just have to leave.

And I agree 100% that those conversations are not suitable for the workplace.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And I agree 100% that those conversations are not suitable for the workplace.

All they can bring is trouble. My stock response to political discussion, "what I need to say on politics I'll say in a voting booth. Thank you." That usually sees the conversation drop right there. Sometimes sounding like my Pap, with that steely reserve of his is a good thing. :)

Other times though it could net trouble. Some kids at the cafeteria were telling a teacher "not anybody's" to trash on the floor. I spoke up.

"Well, I reckon somebody here ought to be named not anybody and get it up huh?" I didn't shout but my voice was a clear, calm, low drill Sargent.

I had to turn and walk away. I heard the teacher then telling them just how angry I was and they needed be ashamed. Some kids cleaned up the floor in a hurry. She walked over to me and was grinning. I apologized. She said that what I did was fine but she knew I had a set and even she wouldn't cross me. We chuckled.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not concerned with TV right now have Parking Wars on for noise. Need to wake up~!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Rooster! My Dad was a huge John Wayne fan.
We saw that, True Grit, at the drive in when I reckon I was just 6 yrs old.
He used to often take the family to the drive in as a treat.

Hey. Funny story. When I was a late teen my younger sister rang me up in hysterics!
She says "hey Dad and Mum took me and Jane", Jane our niece 10, my sister Kathryn 13"to the drive in. Im "yeah so whats so funny?"
She cracking up laughing says "they took us to see Cheech and Chong up in Smoke!"
Hilarious. They had no idea and just took them to the drive in hearing a comedy movie was showing. :giggle:
I was a stoner back then and my Mum & Dad would really go off when they knew Id smoked some so to hear they took my younger sister and niece to see the world's most infamous stoners had me in hysterics. When I saw my parents a week later I asked if they had seen any good movies at the drive in lately. :giggle:
My Dad shook his head, my Mum said with a blank face "Kathryn told you didn't she!"
Classic moment.
tenor (6).gif

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I forgot to post this morning~!

tenor.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back from PT. The therapist explained I rolled the ankle. Got a small set of exercises to do daily. Go for 6 weeks, 2 days per week for 45 minute visits. Might use some hydro-electric therapy, message but I ought to get full range of motion back. Therapist wants me focused on strength.

Think I'll get a coffee for now. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally got rid of the power chair from my sister after all these years it has been sitting. When I got there this Bleep Bleep Dumb Ass Bleep Bitch started giving me a hard time about it. I told her your name is on the chair and I need someone to help get it out of my truck~! If not I would have backed up to the door and blocked it with it. When a nice young guy came out I told him they were supposed to pick it up years ago~!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Back from PT. The therapist explained I rolled the ankle. Got a small set of exercises to do daily. Go for 6 weeks, 2 days per week for 45 minute visits. Might use some hydro-electric therapy, message but I ought to get full range of motion back. Therapist wants me focused on strength.

Think I'll get a coffee for now. :)
I was given those elastic strips you use as resistance training. Flexing and moving your foot against them in different directions to slowly build up strenghth when I did mine. It was a great help in building it all back up over the recovery time.
All the best with it Magic. 👍

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was given those elastic strips you use as resistance training. Flexing and moving your foot against them in different directions to slowly build up strenghth when I did mine. It was a great help in building it all back up over the recovery time.
All the best with it Magic. 👍

I got some elastic ACE/compression type bandages from having it wrapped while broken. Exercised with one of those yesterday and probably will continue using it/them.

Texted my wife right after that first session at the PT office. "Towels can be painful." She didn't understand until I asked her to try the exercises. After doing a rep, she understood.

Funny enough she was asking me last night if she thought what a guy commented was flirting. He asked about her sister and she explained they were sisters. He said that was okay because he didn't want to make the sister mad hitting on my wife in front of her.

Told her that yeah he was hitting on her, flirting. Didn't have the heart to tell her it sounded like he thought she and her sis were a lesbian couple. Life is so funny at times.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I got some elastic ACE/compression type bandages from having it wrapped while broken. Exercised with one of those yesterday and probably will continue using it/them.

Texted my wife right after that first session at the PT office. "Towels can be painful." She didn't understand until I asked her to try the exercises. After doing a rep, she understood.

Funny enough she was asking me last night if she thought what a guy commented was flirting. He asked about her sister and she explained they were sisters. He said that was okay because he didn't want to make the sister hitting on my wife in front of her.

Told her that yeah he was hitting on her, flirting. Didn't have the heart to tell her it sounded like he thought she and her sis were a lesbian couple. Life is so funny at times.
Mate I often these days have no idea what people are on about. Terms, references have become so changed, twisted, perverted that I walk away with no idea what was being said. I often think that if I didn't get it that it was probably for the best I didn't.
You know, ignorance is bliss and all that. 😌

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mate I often these days have no idea what people are on about. Terms, references have become so changed, twisted, perverted that I walk away with no idea what was being said. I often think that if I didn't get it that it was probably for the best I didn't.
You know, ignorance is bliss and all that. 😌

PM sent. Well maybe not. Anyway, yeah probably right in more ways than one.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hopefully you dont think I mean you!? We're both near extinct dinosaurs. I get you you T Rex, its most of the rest of the world that leaves me scratching my head or banging it against a wall.

Ah, right yeah & agree with that as well. Ha, goo on ya calling me ancient. Hah ha! :D :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Funny enough she was asking me last night if she thought what a guy commented was flirting. He asked about her sister and she explained they were sisters. He said that was okay because he didn't want to make the sister mad hitting on my wife in front of her.

My good friend from high school and I used to go on a mini-vacation every fall, usually to Williamsburg/Norfolk/Virginia Beach. We went to the movies once in one of those theaters that have food and drink service and you can order right from your seat.

I am pretty sure that our server assumed that my friend and I were a couple, and she was doing some heavy-duty flirting. Naive me, I said to my friend, what is that chick's problem? Friend said, well I think she thinks we're a couple, and she's flirting with us to get a better tip.

I'm a pretty open-minded individual, but that's only the second time in my life I've ever had that particular experience, and it just infuriated me. Don't make f'n assumptions about people you don't know! It cost her money - I didn't leave her a tip at all. I thought she was obnoxious and patronizing and just foolish.

I guess I'm probably in the minority these days, but I grew up and pursued my career believing that my gender was a disadvantage to me and I was working in a field that was dominated by men, most of whom were better educated than me. It was an uphill battle, but regardless of that, I NEVER ONCE tried to flirt my way into a better job or more money. I believe in equal pay for equal work, in the most specific sense - you don't use sexuality as a way to influence anything that has to do with your occupation - unless you're a pole dancer or something, which I'm definitely not. And I guess because of the way I've always felt about my own adherence to that belief, I resented the hell out of this little fool in a movie theater trying to pull a fast one on me and my friend like she did.

Maybe it was bitchy. I'll grant that, maybe it was, and she would have learned nothing from the experience. But by god, do not patronize me. I just can't deal with it.

One more thing I will say: I raised two daughters who somehow ended up feeling the same way I do. They both have built careers in fields dominated by men, and we all agree - you pull your own weight and you have to be as good or better than the men around you, in order to qualify for that "equal pay for equal work." If you make gains in unethical ways, what the hell happens to your own self-respect?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My good friend from high school and I used to go on a mini-vacation every fall, usually to Williamsburg/Norfolk/Virginia Beach. We went to the movies once in one of those theaters that have food and drink service and you can order right from your seat.

I am pretty sure that our server assumed that my friend and I were a couple, and she was doing some heavy-duty flirting. Naive me, I said to my friend, what is that chick's problem? Friend said, well I think she thinks we're a couple, and she's flirting with us to get a better tip.

I'm a pretty open-minded individual, but that's only the second time in my life I've ever had that particular experience, and it just infuriated me. Don't make f'n assumptions about people you don't know! It cost her money - I didn't leave her a tip at all. I thought she was obnoxious and patronizing and just foolish.

I guess I'm probably in the minority these days, but I grew up and pursued my career believing that my gender was a disadvantage to me and I was working in a field that was dominated by men, most of whom were better educated than me. It was an uphill battle, but regardless of that, I NEVER ONCE tried to flirt my way into a better job or more money. I believe in equal pay for equal work, in the most specific sense - you don't use sexuality as a way to influence anything that has to do with your occupation - unless you're a pole dancer or something, which I'm definitely not. And I guess because of the way I've always felt about my own adherence to that belief, I resented the hell out of this little fool in a movie theater trying to pull a fast one on me and my friend like she did.

Maybe it was bitchy. I'll grant that, maybe it was, and she would have learned nothing from the experience. But by god, do not patronize me. I just can't deal with it.

One more thing I will say: I raised two daughters who somehow ended up feeling the same way I do. They both have built careers in fields dominated by men, and we all agree - you pull your own weight and you have to be as good or better than the men around you, in order to qualify for that "equal pay for equal work." If you make gains in unethical ways, what the hell happens to your own self-respect?

Well this happened at a pizza place they frequent. I agree that using sex in the workplace, unless it is adult entertainment is an out of bounds notion. Also agree there needs to be equal pay for equal work.

Got no problem either if women want to assume combat roles in the military. Knew one or two who had actually. You'd think her "brothers" would stand up for her. She never give them need to, handle trouble herself.

Now, as far as what I feel regarding a guy hitting on my wife? Well that's up to her. We're fairly open but honest with one another & got our guidelines.

Our way isn't everyone else's way though. I care but I don't care if that holds any sense. I don't want her seeing a killer, or something. She doesn't want me seeing one either.

I've never claimed "ownership" of her though. Sorry, my notion of marriage is not puritanical. Hers isn't either. Besides there was a huge war fought in part over owning people. It was decided that owning people was negative, bad, wrong.

Got a chuckle though, I'm not the only one that could see my wife as a lesbian. Again that's entirely up to her. I'm not one to push. Might make a suggestion but that's it. And I don't harp over such things.

There's a lot more to living than sex. We also share a very strong love. There are goals we have that we work toward. There is plenty of crafts, stuff we enjoy together. Then we each got our own things and can be comfortable together yet apart.

Do we argue? Yes, indeed. There's times our silence carries bitter anger & can deafen. We don't always agree. Nothing says we need to, nothing says disagreeing means we divorce. We're like most married folks ups and downs alike but still bound to be together.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been trying to get some done in the garden between the rainy season. Which if it keeps up I'll be wishing I had built an ark instead of planters. lol. Got a lot of the weeds knocked down, which involved restringing the trimmer mid run and replacing a bad end on the extension cord that started arcing and melting. Always good times. Got the straw spread out for a mulch layer, at least part of the garden covered. Got the zucchini planted, a row of corn planted, pulled a bunch of annoying little weeds out of the planters.

Strawberries are doing ok, most are growing. A few didn't (explains the empty spots) but some that appear nearly dead are trying to sprout little leaves. Still waiting for the lettuce, kale, spinach and onions to come up fuller before I go plucking weeds and uproot the wrong stuff. Beans are coming up, the cucumber and peas from seed are coming up. About the only thing that's yet to sprout are the melons. Got a few sunflowers planted.

1621097846018.png

1621097943007.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
<soppy wet sarcasm>Oh hell no! I have to *gasp, gulp* refill a squonk bottle for a mod! The world is ending! The sky falling, I tell you!</soppy wet sarcasm>:D

Okay fun aside, figure I'll get some coffee in a few. Then, get routine medicines taken. Can say I have no mental health medicines.

I likely ought to have, refuse the only remaining one though. Have seen lithium salts turn folks into robots, chemical lobotomy style. That's not for me.

Think the social worker I see for talk therapy is right. I'm too sane in an insane world. Knowing that I don't see any further need of their junk medicine what does nothing for me.

Not sure what else today holds. Well, need to fetch laundry down. Need to respond to a letter regarding work. No, it isn't a letter saying I got full time. It according to my wife is probably an SOP letter for substitutes. "Want to keep going?"

End of school term is drawing up near. They like knowing ahead what's next year. Considering I just bid on two full time spots, kind of hamstrung into continuing, as a sub until granted a spot.

It does seem promising I'll get a spot too. After all they're opening a new full time spot at one school for night shift. It is a smaller school too as far as actual work load. I could likely cut an 8 hour shift into 4.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Woke up yesterday and my right shoulder was killing me. I have been using Tiger Balm Red Ultra Strength since. Felt a little better this morning but when I reached about the stove for the Sugar it reminded me I screwed it up somehow.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Agree with @SteveS45. At the same time not going to "jump your shit" about it. I've back slid a bit and had cigarettes. Human beings, being human.

And I apologize for my recent boisterousness regarding atheism. I too am am human. It gets frustrating putting up with a seeming 98% of the population being one version of theism, or another. That frustration was not meant for targeting you specifically. So, yes I do apologize.

I wasn’t offended. I was hanging out with Xians for a while on Telegram, but I ended up leaving. Not being able to mention certain things like crystals or whatever, because it’s demonic was a bit much. Other than that, they were lovely people. But I decided I couldn’t twist myself into something I’m not to please them.

I look at the Universe and believe there’s a Universal Mind behind it’s design and creation. I call it God but you can call it whatever you like. Even Bob! :teehee:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
1. Drink coffee. Roger, Wilco. Do-able. :)

2. Figure it all out. Realize it completely changes once you do. (This is where the ever handy expletive f*ck works.)

3. Pretend it's all under control. Know you can only pretend. (Sh*t is handy here.)

Think people might benefit from switching the flip like me. I never suffer isanity, rather enjoy it. :D

IMG_3328.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I needed to buy more Tiger Balm Red Extra Strength because I am almost out. Checked online for who had it and the prices. Turned out Walgreens was cheapest and they had it. Showed $4.79 on the Website. So I go to Walgreens and they charge me $7.99~! WTF I say the price only was $4.79 and the rude employee tells me they don't lower prices~! So I came home and made a call to Walgreens Customer Service. So now when I want something I will buy online and make them walk it out to me. So they lose money and have to work harder. Picked up 2 for $1.50 more and returned the $8 one.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Learned today the two open positions were filled. One by a regular full timer who took Gilmore. The one in Ripley was taken by a Mike Snow, allegedly our senior substitute.

Wife asked a brilliant question. If a full timer took an open spot, does that leave their spot open? Told her I didn't know. Had not thought to ask.

One would figure though if that were case they would post it. So far not seen any such posting. All that seems open is a spot for coaches and that's of no interest for me. Besides I'd need a teaching degree, or coaching certification.

But guess since I hand delivered that letter today, saying I'd stay on as a substitute, I'm strung along for next year. I really wasn't planning on doing it again. Sure a full time spot may come open next year. It may not too.

Either way the ones there get to play their little game. I'm tired of working this crap shoot style. I want a set schedule. That way I can plan accordingly, and give the employer plans for time/s off. Otherwise it's me anxious by my phone all hours, ready to bolt out for work.

Oh well, guess I did get snookered.

Let me reiterate, .. love the work. Hate the bull sh*t going along with it in this capacity. I put in times off on their call out system last night. This morning I went to check and well all those times were wiped completely off.

I was told at the start that they would co-operate with scheduling if you presented advanced notice. They even said use the call out system with its web interface to do that. Well, if it keeps acting as it does, what's the point?

As it stands I've no scheduled times off. It was a few hours each day that was needed for doctoring appointments. I had evening shifts I could work though. Figured offering advance notice was the way to handle things. As it is, ... ?? (Each day does not mean each and every day, only the days of appointments. Sorry if that was confusing.)

And this isn't the only time their system has been screwy, nor am I the only one it happens to. They know it but don't fix it. Tell me someone isn't playing a game. What else can it be? Incompetence or inability can only be so much of it. Although, as has been noted, it's ... gubermint. *sighs*

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Learned today the two open positions were filled. One by a regular full timer who took Gilmore. The one in Ripley was taken by a Mike Snow, allegedly our senior substitute.

Wife asked a brilliant question. If a full timer took an open spot, does that leave their spot open? Told her I didn't know. Had not thought to ask.

One would figure though if that were case they would post it. So far not seen any such posting. All that seems open is a spot for coaches and that's of no interest for me. Besides I'd need a teaching degree, or coaching certification.

But guess since I hand delivered that letter today, saying I'd stay on as a substitute, I'm strung along for next year. I really wasn't planning on doing it again. Sure a full time spot may come open next year. It may not too.

Either way the ones there get to play their little game. I'm tired of working this crap shoot style. I want a set schedule. That way I can plan accordingly, and give the employer plans for time/s off. Otherwise it's me anxious by my phone all hours, ready to bolt out for work.

Oh well, guess I did get snookered.

Let me reiterate, .. love the work. Hate the bull sh*t going along with it in this capacity. I put in times off on their call out system last night. This morning I went to check and well all those times were wiped completely off.

I was told at the start that they would co-operate with scheduling if you presented advanced notice. They even said use the call out system with its web interface to do that. Well, if it keeps acting as it does, what's the point?

As it stands I've no scheduled times off. It was a few hours each day that was needed for doctoring appointments. I had evening shifts I could work though. Figured offering advance notice was the way to handle things. As it is, ... ??

And this isn't the only time their system has been screwy, nor am I the only one it happens to. They know it but don't fix it. Tell me someone isn't playing a game. What else can it be? Incompetence or inability can only be so much of it. Although, as has been noted, it's ... gubermint. *sighs*
So always on call never knowing anything for sure. Is that right?
If so thats gotta wear on you for sure. :(

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So always on call never knowing anything for sure. Is that right?
If so thats gotta wear on you for sure. :(

That's how their system works. As I said I don't mind the work itself. I very much dislike having to do it in the manner of a fireman. And you're expected as evidenced, obviously to be on call continually the whole 210 days. Nope, you cannot schedule off even if they say you can.

Wife checked their figures last night. "They did not call you no 58 times and you only answered 20. Their numbers are screwy," she told me. I just nodded and said "welcome to the game." Even if we did prove their numbers wrong, still be our word on theirs. They hold the cards so that would be that.

I didn't realize I had re-enlisted in the service again taking this so called "job". It was billed as part time. I still wound up pulling two weeks or more at full time. No, they don't need to automatically kick it over to full time either, despite @SteveS45's suggestion of the labor laws. I'm "contracted" labor of the gubermint therefore "exempt". Yep, looked it up. FWIWW.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I thought you were an actual employee a Contractor means you are on your own.

That is probably why the pay is higher. If they don't take taxes, social security, and Medicare deductions, then you're responsible for them. That's supposed to be a quarterly thing, I think. Note I don't mean you personally, I mean as in the collective you.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As a 1099 Contractor you can pay taxes once a year. If you make Mega Bucks then paying Quarterly is wise.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
As a 1099 Contractor you can pay taxes once a year. If you make Mega Bucks then paying Quarterly is wise.

Regular income tax, yes, I think you're right. But do you not have to pay social security and Medicare quarterly? You'll know better than I, for sure, as it may well have changed in the 30+ years since I had work as a contractor.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just don't want to see him hit with a big tax bill come the first of next year.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Regular income tax, yes, I think you're right. But do you not have to pay social security and Medicare quarterly? You'll know better than I, for sure, as it may well have changed in the 30+ years since I had work as a contractor.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just don't want to see him hit with a big tax bill come the first of next year.

As a 1099 Contractor the big bill is paying taxes on earnings. Must figure 30-35% but if you have a good accountant everything is a business expense. Like Internet, Cell Phone, Office Supplies, fuel, Mileage and Maintenance. Even clothing and shoes are expenses you can use as deductions.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So my Mom lost the top of the basket in the New Percolator yesterday and I am not making a pot of coffee this morning. Using my Nespresso to make my coffee but I am so annoyed and not making coffee like I do every day.

VU Sponsors