Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good afternoon Porch goers

May be a meme of 1 person and text that says 'My favourite thing about the good old days was I wasn't good and I wasn't old''My favourite thing about the good old days was I wasn't good and I wasn't old'

Jack is such a wicked little boy! ;)

Just look at that face!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I finally heard back from Rhianne~!

Hey, Steve.

I’m sorry I missed this. I’ve been using another mail account. I’m okay, thanks. I’m in the middle of moving. When I get into the new place, I’ll let you know. It’s been a pita so far.
Hope everything is good with you and your mom! I appreciate your concern, for real.
Have a super blessed New Year!
Diane
❤️
🙋🏻‍♀️

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I finally heard back from Rhianne~!

Hey, Steve.

I’m sorry I missed this. I’ve been using another mail account. I’m okay, thanks. I’m in the middle of moving. When I get into the new place, I’ll let you know. It’s been a pita so far.
Hope everything is good with you and your mom! I appreciate your concern, for real.
Have a super blessed New Year!
Diane
❤️
🙋🏻‍♀️
Very good to hear, thank you Steve

May be an image of flower, outdoors and text

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just trying to survive the rain (here in CA)
Most of the heavy rain is done (got a break so trying to "consolidate") Last night, the entire city flooded. Schools closed today (more rain coming but not as heavy) both my son and nephew were told not to work today. It wasn't just the rain... strong winds caused most of the issues here at home. I'm actually having a good day...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just trying to survive the rain (here in CA)
Most of the heavy rain is done (got a break so trying to "consolidate") Last night, the entire city flooded. Schools closed today (more rain coming but not as heavy) both my son and nephew were told not to work today. It wasn't just the rain... strong winds caused most of the issues here at home. I'm actually having a good day...

Wow, stay safe my friend~! If it isn't Wildfires or drought, it's torrential rains for you~! Lake Meade is dried up still~!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hope everyone's

May be an image of text that says 'FRIDAY 13''FRIDAY 13'

Went well and with with no glitches ;) ;)
I had a Friday the 13th... Flying home from Tampa I was supposed to have an early flight where I was upgraded to 1st class. Up early to get some coffee in me and shower, pack, etc. Email from airline said my flight was delayed due to the crew getting in late and needing mandatory rest. Of course that meant that I would miss my connecting flight. Called to re-book and ended up with a flight that got me to my home airport at 5:30 PM instead of 12 noon. No 1st class upgrade and a 3 and half hour layover. At least I got home yesterday...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am sure it will be bigger than the one room you have spoken about that you used to keep to yourself in~!

Congratulations Again~!

giphy.gif

It is bigger than a single room. :)

Got computer set up tonight. Been working and moving in. Went couch shopping today. Got the "right" salesperson. I mentioned price just once. We got steered to mid-range choices.

They did have stuff starting around $5,000 and other stuff at $600 to $900. The nice sectional we got was about $2,500, steel framed, durable, five-year warranty inclusive of some cleaning if needed. It was furry, too. :)

That may seem a bit much, it really wasn't though. She got what she wanted with a little compromise for me. We're going to be in a different taxable bracket with us both working. We deserve at the very least a little nice stuff.

(Besides, after 22 yrs married, I told her right there. "Happy Valentine's Day, hon." She got a huge smile, "Oh my, really?" Think we both felt some good in that.)

Likewise, we have time to decided upon saving toward a home, or simply to keep renting. Both have pros and cons. Presently, renting's pros look very good to us. Still we'll save, even if we don't get a home, the savings will help in retiring.

Hey @MyMagicMist how is the New Place?

Well, sitting on a carpeted second small bedroom/office/multipurpose room right now. There's electric heating/cooling. Got LED lighting so the electric will not be so costly. Believe that's in the rent anyway. Set up the T-something something Wi-Fi connection for the computer.

Hmm, the place is nice, bud. :) I go hop a bus, swap to another for a nice ride to work. Could hop a bus and go shopping if I desired on days off. They run up to 11 PM, start at 8 AM, bus through every half hour or so. It's small, but we're getting settled. Been using those sloop camp chairs in the living room. The couch will be delivered in a couple of weeks. Got some plastic tumblers from Wally world today. Um, erm, no more going there for us. She can pick up grocery from there, but pick up only.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yay! Sofa is coming tomorrow. That "right" salesperson probably put hot coals on it for us. *chuckles* Told my missus this evening. "You need to relax. Folks up here know we're both working. Yes, we still got the moving in look going. Ain't nobody saying a thing, nobody thinking a thing. They know we getting it done. See me hopping mad over it? Aight then, you ain't no overwhelmed. Relax, we be fine."

Got 2 hours OT last night. Had a boss show his "true colors". He found out it's gonna backfire on him. Told me I could be off at 10:30 since I come in at 2 instead of 4. Waited until last minute, my wife in parking lot, went through, explained I had to redo a room. Thought to myself, "fine, fuck you too buddy. I gonna take the full OT you need to justify to your bosses. You in the same boat as me, like it or not. Ha!" And I did. :) Want to lie to me again, waste my time? Sure, go right ahead, I'll just eat OT you'll need to 'splain. And it won't trickle back on me. "Just doing it right boss, to be sure for you."

Might say, "do it right first time". Maybe so but you gonna have to step up and be boss, ensure I do, lest you want to keep justifying OT. In simple terms, you're going to do your job too. Come in and leadership comes from within speech us. Nope, bosses need to clearly define the lines. They don't they take what they get or have to work too. All the same boat. Equalled out, no rocking, just keeping her steady.

Anyway work stays at work. At home, I'm getting the wife to agree to a king-sized bed. Yay!. Now all of us will fit without falling off the edge. Getting some furnishings from Lowe's by way of a buy out on the fridge she bought her mom and dad, which broke. They put it on a Lowe's card for her as they couldn't do direct cash/check buy out. Lowe's sold the fridge. And yes, Samsung admitted there were faulty issues, parts, but agreed to the buy out.

Been slightly flirting with a guy at work. He's been slightly flirting back. We're both keeping it SFW but a few have noticed. Nothing is being said as they see we're staying SFW, pro about it. Told him the other day if he keeps getting in late I'm gonna need a new gal to hustle for me. He fussed, went on to get changed out and clock in. He was still early for our post in. Got to give him a bit of stuff though. *grin*

He made no subterfuge in bringing a chair over and sitting next to me at our monthly "in service" meeting. Nobody batted an eye either, was just "old hat". Speaking of old hats, got my Pap's old Army hat in our home again. Went back and tossed a wolf throw on our bed. Our little dog come in and saw. I growled softly, "see where you are now, pup?" He got all big teary eyed and smiling, tail wagging. He come out with me passed the wife. She looked at him. "What's got you so lit up?" I told her. "We're home now." She fell into my arms.

Better or worse, there it is.

By the by, Fuck Volbeat, fuck 'em hard. They brought me to tears of joy, love, tranquilty.

Dagen For - Volbeat

Last edited:

VU Sponsors