Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
coffee-animated-gif-18.gif

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well off to the Body Shop to drop off my truck and then to Hertz for a Rental vehicle so hopefully they have my reservation and it is not like the Seinfeld episode. :giggle:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Chicken on the Grill, wine in hand and vape in the other~! Porch grilling waiting for Thunderstorms to roll in but never stops me from cooking, drinking and vaping~!

Last edited:

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Starting to rain lightly here too, just saw two deer run across the street. Used to see them all the time but it’s rarer now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never rained and after dinner I finished my wine from dinner and had another glass on the front porch. Saying hello to the neighbors and checking out the MILF's heading to the grade school for some end of year function. Now is it me or the glass of wine sitting next to me that gets the smiles and Hello's? I am thinking it has to be the wine that gets the smiles~! LMFAO

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You could probably use hickory chunks instead of chips. You only need 2 or 3 (depending on size) placed in the charcoal once it's ready to cook on. Better flavor, and saves money.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wish I knew where the instruction book was~! And hard enough to find the Hickory Chips on Long Island. It does say to soak them for at least 30 mintes on the package though. The thickness of the metal on this compared to the shit they make today is crazy. This is built like a steam boiler and not a piece of tin.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I picked up a 2 Pound bag for $4 so no big deal. Had to do smart shopping though because at Ace Hardware it was like $13 dollars. I got big chips not little sheds.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I saw they have Apple Wood Chips for smoking which I almost bought because I was thinking how Stuffed Pork Chops Smoked with that might be~!

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Apple is good, too! As for the chips - the ones you bought are good. But please don't soak them. Even if the package says to do so. That's for amateurs, and will impart a sub par BBQ flavor. Flat wrap the chips in heavy duty foil, poke a few holes in it, and place on top of the coals once they're ready to cook on.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In this smoker you have the coals on the bottom and a drip pan under the meat you fill with water. I have made some of the most awesome gravies years ago. Trying to find a manual for it online but not coming up with particular model.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
because I was thinking how Stuffed Pork Chops Smoked with that might be~!
Pretty good, I would imagine. If you want a real treat, try smoking a meatloaf sometime. It's fantastic!

New
In this smoker you have the coals on the bottom and a drip pan under the meat you fill with water. I
The water pan is actually a temp regulator, but obviously doubles as a drip pan. If you look up the directions for using a WSM, they're pretty much the same. All bullet style water smokers work the same.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The water pan is actually a temp regulator, but obviously doubles as a drip pan. If you look up the directions for using a WSM, they're pretty much the same. All bullet style water smokers work the same.

Yeah like I said this I have had for almost 30 years and no side door to add coals or any of that.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Boy I must say Charcoal Smoking is as Crazy as Vaping because as I am searching trying to find a manual which I really don't need I am coming up with BBQ and Smoker sites with MOD's you can do and this whole culture devoted to Smoking foods.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks~! Yeah I found that before but I just found a site where people are talking about the exact same Smoke 'N Pit I have and one offered the original manual but the post are from late 2000. This I had bought so long ago on the side of the road in Upstate New York on a trip to Santa Claus Village.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Brinkman is a double grill whereas mine is just a single. Been years since I used this sucker but since it out I am going to be doing some interesting stuff this summer. I have to see where my Mesquite chips are because I know I have some of them in the shed someplace.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They say about 2 hours cooking time for the ABT's but home long does a meatloaf take? Thinking of doing a Brisket~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
These new grills with Thermometers are more advanced then my old Heavy Steel Smoker. This is total Old School

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
It depends on the size of the meatloaf, but about 3 hours. Until the internal temp is about 160, and carry over time will bring it to 165. Brisket takes a loooong time to cook. Generally 9+ hours.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The thing with smokers is that they're just outdoor ovens. That's all. And they're heated with wood, or charcoal. You use the vents (or water pan, in your case) to regulate the temp.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah like the time I did a whole bird started in the morning and had to keep refilling the coals.

VU Sponsors