_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yay! Pictures please :)
OK, VStickers of the 530 variety :D, my black toy was delivered today.
20181206_150105_resized.jpg
Firstly, if you look at vendors websites or on VStickings site, you will see this black version as having more black that it really does, unless you scroll the manufacturer's banner on their site, then you'll see what looks more like what the color really is. http://www.vsticking.com/index.html

These 4 were taken in brighter than normal lighting.

20181206_143450_resized.jpg 20181206_143437_resized.jpg
The mark on bottom edge ^^ is camera.
Under a very bright light it's lighter in color. And even brighter to see not all "bricks "are textured, but can be felt when holding.
20181206_143751_resized.jpg20181206_145014_resized.jpg

The fit/finish is really good. I wish it were blacker but I'm not bummed. I like the color just fine and here's what it would be like under more normal lighting.
20181206_154748_resized.jpg

I've yet to put an atty on it or upgrade fw.

This mod is a prime candidate for a diy upgraded cover. Wouldn't be hard to do. Thin soft glove leather, fabric,,,even wood veneer.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 11

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I didn't realize that Vsticking had two Black versions- Black Mesh and Black Carbon

47430549_367703067323057_7826840266391683072_n.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
View attachment 125921
Firstly, if you look at vendors websites or on VStickings site, you will see this black version as having more black that it really does, unless you scroll the manufacturer's banner on their site, then you'll see what looks more like what the color really is. http://www.vsticking.com/index.html

View attachment 125923 View attachment 125925
Under a very bright light it's lighter in color. And even brighter to see not all "bricks "are textured, but can be felt when holding.
View attachment 125926View attachment 125929

The fit/finish is really good. I wish it were blacker but I'm not bummed. I like the color just fine and here's what it would be like under more normal lighting.
View attachment 125936

This mod is a prime candidate for a diy upgraded cover. Wouldn't be hard to do. Thin soft glove leather, fabric,,,even wood veneer.

I think yours looks awesome the way it is!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 125921

View attachment 125923 View attachment 125925
View attachment 125926View attachment 125929

View attachment 125936

Yay welcome to the Vsticking Club! :banana:

Looks great! You’ll love it when you can fit larger atties on it! :inlove:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'm just now figuring out how to upgrade fw and haven't got past that yet.

I can't access the Sxi-Q when my device is connected. Someone have an answer for this issue? My firmware is already upgraded!
The vkstiking technical support told me that sxi-q function is not available on sxi software, only can configured by device!! She tolds me that yihi blocked this function because they wanted this function only on sxmini g class lol

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The vkstiking technical support told me that sxi-q function is not available on sxi software, only can configured by device!! She tolds me that yihi blocked this function because they wanted this function only on sxmini g class lol

What the hell. @gsmit1 , anyone, Is SX_Q working on yours? I haven't gotten as far as trying it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What the hell. @gsmit1 , anyone, Is SX_Q working on yours? I haven't gotten as far as trying it.
Just now saw this. Was running all day yesterday.

You have to have the new firmware and the atomizer removed when you connect it to the computer. For some operations you have to have the atty removed and for some the devise has to be off or on too. It will usually tell you if it's critical, to remove the atomizer.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be a bummer, but it certainly is live for me now with all the options, though I haven't actually synced the device with it yet.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
That would be a bummer, but it certainly is live for me now with all the options, though I haven't actually synced the device with it yet.
I've updated FW to what their site says is cuurent SXi:
vkinfo.png

Yes, I've tried restarting the app.
But, with the mod connected, I can move the slide controls on the left, but can't change anything on the right.
With the mod not connected, I can change anything on either side but when I connect the mod it goes back to the settings you see here:
vksettings.png

The same with SXi-Q within the app. With mod connected it's locked. With mod not connected it's accessible.

Anyone have any answers to this?
Anyone else experiencing the same as me?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've updated FW to what their site says is cuurent SXi:
View attachment 126022

Yes, I've tried restarting the app.
But, with the mod connected, I can move the slide controls on the left, but can't change anything on the right.
With the mod not connected, I can change anything on either side but when I connect the mod it goes back to the settings you see here:
View attachment 126026

The same with SXi-Q within the app. With mod connected it's locked. With mod not connected it's accessible.

Anyone have any answers to this?
Anyone else experiencing the same as me?
Hmmm. Like I said, I just figured that since settings and SXI-Q were inaccessible and then became accessible with the firmware upgrade that they must work now. I hadn't actually tried to use them yet with all the new stuff I've been getting. I can't do it now, but I'll try to see what I can find out later.

If this turns out to be the case, I profoundly apologize for having misled everybody. It certainly wasn't intentional. :sad:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Here's some of what Vsticking has listed as features, and SXi-Q is listed:
  • Temp. control with SS316L/ Ni200/ Ti 01/ SX Pure/ Manual TCR
  • Flavor mode: Powerful Powerful+ Soft Standard and SXi-Q-S1
  • New innovative tech.: SXi-Q control system--customize your own taste
I doubt they can advertise it and not have it. I think its something I haven't figured out yet.

Fatality has a new home :)
vkftlty.jpg cloud.jpg

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's some of what Vsticking has listed as features, and SXi-Q is listed:
  • Temp. control with SS316L/ Ni200/ Ti 01/ SX Pure/ Manual TCR
  • Flavor mode: Powerful Powerful+ Soft Standard and SXi-Q-S1
  • New innovative tech.: SXi-Q control system--customize your own taste
I doubt they can advertise it and not have it. I think its something I haven't figured out yet.

Fatality has a new home :)
View attachment 126050 View attachment 126051
That's what I thought too, but the way it's worded maybe they're only referring to the onboard functionality. Not the end of the world, but a definite bummer to me if so. It wouldn't limit the mods capabilities per se, but it would mean you can't use a PC.

How do you like it otherwise so far?

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IV got adb skills though if that counts
I was looking through the zillion lines in the .pdb file (Notepad++) that I'm pretty sure controls the interface of YIHI mods with a PC and don't know if I'm willing to fiddle around with breaking the blocks on this chip if it turns out that these features don't actually work after all. I am NO programmer.

Super_SU

Member For 1 Year
I was looking through the zillion lines in the .pdb file (Notepad++) that I'm pretty sure controls the interface of YIHI mods with a PC and don't know if I'm willing to fiddle around with breaking the blocks on this chip if it turns out that these features don't actually work after all. I am NO programmer.
Sounds like a massive brain drain. Yeah I have no clue on that kinda code. Don't let fear stop ya I got faith in ya rip it apart and rebuild it. Just make a copy of the original before you start

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a massive brain drain. Yeah I have no clue on that kinda code. Don't let fear stop ya I got faith in ya rip it apart and rebuild it. Just make a copy of the original before you start
You have more faith in me than I do :D

Always copy the original, yes.

I have a feeling they have a piece in a dll or something that will just throw up an error if you try to use a database that's been tampered with too. If not, can I brick the mod or will it just not flash at all? I don't know. Like I say. I know just enough to get myself in trouble.

I need some time to try a few less drastic things first to see if it's actually working.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, now that I think of it, the controller piece for a joystick or buttons alone probably prevents the firmware from being interchangeable even if everything else is the same.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yes I did. :)

I'm betting it's pretty much the VK530 without a joystick. I also wouldn't be surprised if the firmware was interchangeable.
I though so too-
Wow the price on this one is awesome at $39.99! I watched a few YT reviews too and yes very similar to the Vsticking VK530.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've seen it too. Looks to be the same shell and battery door as VK530. 510 is a little different. Menu looks the same. I like the VK more.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I've seen it too. Looks to be the same shell and battery door as VK530. 510 is a little different. Menu looks the same. I like the VK more.

I like the Vsticking too-
The Pioneer looks like a black plastic front where ours is aluminum -
but still a great price on that mod.
I do like the square screen on the Pioneer and some of the colors!
Maybe one of these in my future .....

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it does appear that the SXI-Q doesn't sync on the lower end chips' :-(

I'm seeing about a workaround, but I do apologize to those who took my word on this. Every indication was that it did. Even according to Daniel who said it did on the 520.

Still a great mod, and temp control does work great for me. Although I found that titanium Vapes better when I raise the TCR.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I like the joystick. Which the biggest difference to me.

I really like the prints on the Vsticking- it is a great mod- I love mine!
I am really surprised more people haven't bought one-

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the prints on the Vsticking- it is a great mod- I love mine!
I am really surprised more people haven't bought one-
I can't say for sure just by looking but I think the Vsticking is a better quality build too. No plastic for instance.

I really think they shot themselves in the foot, by not offering plainer more conventional finishes right away though I am seeing some interest out and about. .

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I can't say for sure just by looking but I think the Vsticking is a better quality build too. No plastic for instance.

I really think they shot themselves in the foot, by not offering plainer more conventional finishes right away though I am seeing some interest out and about. .

I think you are right on the plainer designs- should have offered them right from the start.
I do love my White Deity Print- actually I love all the prints- very different and fun!
The main reason I bought this mod was the White Deity print- 2nd reason was the YiHi board at an affordable price!

Karin

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Member For 1 Year
I just got one of THESE and would be interested in a discussion if anybody else does too. I started vaping in March, but have 20 years of professional computer experience and have picked up ALOT since then.

It seems a really good mod, but there are some lingering questions.

More when I get a chance.
I'm a novice in vaping.How about the vaping experience? I hope to get some vaping feeling to start my cloud chasing travel.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm a novice in vaping.How about the vaping experience? I hope to get some vaping feeling to start my cloud chasing travel.

What cloud chasing travel do you speak of? You mean you want to know about the VK530?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
20181129_164004.jpg
Happy new year to you as well snap :blowkiss:

nice looking mod this? you liking it so far?

Thank You my friend-
:blowkiss:

Yes I really like my Vsticking- the joystick was a little frustrating at 1st. Love my White Deity design too and that I was able to load my vaping dragon avatar into it. Long battery life. Glad I bought it! Very nice price on this too- I got mine from VapeNW for $59.99 and free shipping, but some China sites have this at a cheaper price
Is this a mod you could stick in your pocket for travel- for me No, but I use mine daily at home, it is comfortable to hold, and can feel texture of the design for grip. I am not a TC vaper and I can't comment on TC, but works great on wattage mode.
I have owned my Vsticking for more than a month now and so far works great!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, happy new year to you all. I have just got my vsticking mod and it is the best mod I have ever used so far. I have upgraded the firmware the mod and I was the same as you guys, I thought that it would enable me to use all of the SXI suite features, however, like someone has said above it only allows me to change the sliders on the left and not the drop down boxes on the right hand side of the sxi settings. Do you any of you know whether they maybe coming out with a further update to enable this feature or not?

VU Sponsors