Become a Patron!

We love cats

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bah....just dropped like $60 to replenish Milly's kibble, litter, and catnip greenies that she's nearly out of. 😲😻

This order should last a couple of months, but still....ouch!!! Hard to find stuff too.

But, it's all getting delivered....

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You bought it just for the box right???
I actually bought it for the bubble wrap, unfortunately it seems that 18650batterystore has found unpoppable bubble wrap.
I'm always fascinated by just how quickly they take over any empty cardboard box in the house. I literally opened the box, took out the charger and batteries I had bought, set them on a shelf and turned around to find the tux already sitting in the box. He wasn't even in the room when i started to open it.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This must have been one big cat.

TIGARD, Ore.
Tigard Police initially reported Thursday that a woman said she saw a cougar midday to the west of a soccer field area.
Parkgoers were told to be aware of their surroundings and leash their dogs.
However, on Friday the ODFW clarified that, after their investigation, they discovered that the park-lurking animal wasn't a puma but a standard-issue kitty cat.
"This happens more than you think," the agency said in a social media post.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

TIGARD, Ore.
Tigard Police initially reported Thursday that a woman said she saw a cougar midday to the west of a soccer field area.
However, on Friday the ODFW clarified that, after their investigation, they discovered that the park-lurking animal wasn't a puma but a standard-issue kitty cat.
Ya, that made the morning news...lol

93d30e19-13db-4ce5-819e-a51ca8b7ba39-medium16x9_Untitled20231117T124019.986.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I'd posted a photo of an mini oil painting Mom had commissioned for Milly through a family friend who's an Paris-trained artist.

Turns out, she's donating 10% of the proceeds and had shown the painting of Milly in the post. Pretty neat.

Resized_143651569182_298_27_Screenshot_20231118-221801_Facebook.jpeg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also got a surprise Xmas gift bag from someone in the building...IDK who...🤔
Dollar store things and an item from a food bank box...so definitely a tenant.

Message_1703368508171.jpg

I like the gloves and the novelty socks... :D

The blanket proved to be a hit with Milly.
The blanket is very thin, but super soft and silky...she digs it.

20231223_144501~2.jpg

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got Milly and I an Xmas present...a new hood for her old litter box.
So I don't have to sweep up like half a pound of litter off the floor every day...yay!

20231227_141232~2.jpg

It's an extra large SoFresh hood for an extra large SoFresh litter box.
But, that box is quite old. They changed it.
It is more rounded now but the same dimensions...mine is more square. Argh. 🤬🤬🤬

20231227_142430.jpg

I duck-taped it down, but I'm not happy. It can't work as a carrier now... which is a big plus.

I'll just have to get a new version box, as that's only 15 bucks, compared to the $35 hood thing and the hassle of returning it, etc...

On the good side, Milly is smart enough to figure out the "new" box....she just went right in there. 😻😍

20231228_065325.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got it all sorted...

Bought the correct litter pan for the lid, it was 20% off and I got same-day delivery too. :D

20231228_164623~2.jpg

It's beautiful now...really fits the colors in the aprtment well.
No more litter all over the place...woohoo!!!

Plus, I can pick it up and move it around easily too. 😃😺

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had a stressfull morning with Milly....got awoken like 3AM to her barfing her guts out in the entryway...🙀

She was ok, but it's a rare thing and very unusual for her.
I figured she'd gotten into something she shouldn't have and I was right....

Found this nearby:

20240106_141133~2.jpg

Yup, she had been chewing on a damn plastic bag. She's never done that before. She ain't a dog...

She'll play with them and bat at 'em when I unpack groceries, but never chewed on one.
I'm kinda stuffed up today and can't smell anything interesting on the bag..but she must have.

I got bags with stuff in them or being used for covering stuff up all over here....she's never bothered them other than rub on 'em or something. Plastic isn't tasty.

I'm just glad she is ok, its not like I have a car to take her to a Vet....especially at that hour.

I know basic animal first aid, and a bunch of old herbal cures, but for something like that...IDK...glad Nature did it by making her vomit it out before it got any toxins into her system. I watched her for some time anyway, checking her responsiveness, heartbeat/breathing, pupil reactions, etc. She's like nothing happened now.

*Yeah, I watched out to see if she pooped/peed OK later on...she did.

Last edited:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had a stressfull morning with Milly....got awoken like 3AM to her barfing her guts out in the entryway...🙀

She was ok, but it's a rare thing and very unusual for her.
I figured she'd gotten into something she shouldn't have and I was right....

Found this nearby:

View attachment 211872

Yup, she had been chewing on a damn plastic bag. She's never done that before.

She'll play with them and bat at 'em, but never chewed on one. I'm kinda stuffed up today and can't smell anything interesting on the bag..but she must have.

I got bags with stuff in them or being used for covering stuff up all over here....she's never bothered them other than rub on 'em or something. Plastic isn't tasty.

I'm just glad she is ok, its not like I have a car to take her to a Vet....especially at that hour.
Glad she's OK.

When I was adopting my cats, I learned that all of the 24 hour emergency vets in my area have closed down. If I ever need to deal with a middle of the night emergency I have to drive about 40 miles. It's ridiculous, because I don't exactly live in a small city, it's something in the area of 325,000 people in this "metro" area. Sure, not exactly New York, LA, or Chicago, but to have no emergency vets in this area seems absurd to me.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad she's OK.

When I was adopting my cats, I learned that all of the 24 hour emergency vets in my area have closed down. If I ever need to deal with a middle of the night emergency I have to drive about 40 miles. It's ridiculous, because I don't exactly live in a small city, it's something in the area of 325,000 people in this "metro" area. Sure, not exactly New York, LA, or Chicago, but to have no emergency vets in this area seems absurd to me.
Ya, same here....about 200K population, plus I don't drive.
So, she'd just be toast if I couldn't fix her. :(

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hell, our 911 and ambulance services are about shit too...GL if ya ain't on fire, shot or stabbed...

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I had a dream last night
I was at this weird farmers market type thing, and someone offered me a cigarette
I declined, stating I had a tattoo of cigarettes
I raised my arm, and in full color, there is a pack of Salems tattooed in my armpit

I wake up, and my arm is raised and the cat is kneading my underarm with full claws LMAO

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The difference of having the new hooded litter box....

20240109_054115~2.jpg

That is about a day's worth of litter that got out on the bathroom floor. Far less than before. 😎

About an 1/8th of what it was like when it was open....when she jumps out litter flies...and, she's a digger. 😸⛏️

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mom and Sis sent me a surprise after-xmas gift...pretty cool.
I've never had an apron before...in a home kitchen anyways. ;)

I mainly need one for the rather messy job of preparing Milly's raw meat diet, thus the cat reference. 😺

scratch_apron.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's laundry time. Pulled the clothes out of the dryer, set them down on a table just long enough to put another load in the dryer, and this happened.
View attachment 211666

Meanwhile, just a few feet away...
View attachment 211667

:facepalm:
Confirmed. If it's warm and possibly snugly, Milly will decide it's her thing now...
Also, why lint brushes were invented. You WILL need them.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So a few days ago Elsa was screwing with William, our black kitty ( she does that to the kitties) she's not being mean but she got too rough and William cried out, then Cleo, our calico kitty went after Elsa. Now we have this. Cleo is just making sure William is okay (which he is )

PXL_20240213_002628610.jpg

Cleo is such a sweet kitty. How anyone could have dumped her out on the side of the road is beyond me. She has a happy life now though.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got in my AMZ order in and changed out all of Milly's litter....after combining about 20lbs of two kinds of litter.

(No, I do not use SoPhresh clay litter, but the big bin is useful for mixing the World's Best and Nature's Miracle corncob litters together. Nature's Miracle is cheaper and has a pleasant scent, but it's too overpowering on it's own. So, I do like a 2:1 ratio.)

20240304_163441~2.jpg

And, I washed out EVERYTHING with soap in the tub...the pan, the enclosure (minus the filter part), the scoop, etc. Then, since I had a "unclean" soapy rag....I cleaned the outside of the toilet too.

20240304_163432~2.jpg

I'm tired now....but Milly is happy. 😄😸

Those two bags are the old scoopings and the entire former contents of the 'clean' litter in the pan....it's a BIG litter pan. 😜

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

TIGARD, Ore.
Ya, that made the morning news...lol

93d30e19-13db-4ce5-819e-a51ca8b7ba39-medium16x9_Untitled20231117T124019.986.png

My mom had trial cameras that took pics of a cougar. She had called the local wildlife department and told them. They went to her house and saw the pics. They said NOT a cougar. Um, they were WRONG. It was a cougar !
One day, I opened the back door and saw one jumping off the wood pile, not so far from the home.

Finally, have proof....this was Tuesday morning out in the back of home.
Screenshot_20240312-080435.jpg
I'm sure if I were to do the same as mom by calling them and them coming out....they would say the same thing. I'd have to tell them that they are CRAZY and BLIND !
The only other bigger kittie I have a trial cam pic of is of a Bob cat in the driveway.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I stumbled onto this when looking for the lady who only speaks like a cat:

As you watch, this baby's struggle is your struggle, but it ends happily as you see a tortured creature just waiting for the release of death, transformed back into an adorable kitten by one man's loving care.

I used Deepl translate on the captions shown in Portuguese in the vid:

Deus gratidão por ser tão suficiente pra mim.
Sem a tua presença eu nao suportaria tanta luta obrigado pai.
Amem

=

God thank you for being enough for me. Without your presence I would not be able to endure so much struggle. Thank you father. Amen.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

As you watch, this baby's struggle is your struggle, but it ends happily as you see a tortured creature just waiting for the release of death, transformed back into an adorable kitten by one man's loving care.

Amem

=

God thank you for being enough for me. Without your presence I would not be able to endure so much struggle. Thank you father. Amen.
I need to be able to put more votes on this than I can. So...
:mad: that someone could do that to a poor kitten.
:( for what the kitten had to go through.
😍 for the person who helped the kitty and for the way the kitty responded to his compassion.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Amem

=

And thanks for making me cry.:cry:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Amem

=

There is no penalty harsh enough for whoever did that to that poor kitten. The man who rescued her was her guardian angel.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Amem

=

I don't have words for that...happy it had a good ending...I've seen far worse outcomes.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors