Become a Patron!

We love DOGS too...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew I had a better picture of Conan, and I found it (excuse my toes, he loves his mommy and wants to be close, LOL!) This was taken about a month ago, when he still had his baby shark teeth. He now has a full set of big-dog choppers and is armed and ready to eat foxes. :)
View attachment 195963

He's such a happy boy. :)

What a beautiful and happy-looking doggo! :D

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy is an understatement. :) He's getting his Big Boy Bark now, too. He's only 5 months old, and he was out with his big sis Maggie, barking at a skunk they had cornered under a tree a few minutes ago. He might still be a baby, but he acts like a big dog. His bark is so deep and loud! He's going to be a force of nature. :) (No dogs got sprayed, thank goodness, although I did have to pull about a dozen quills out of Maggie's nose last night after a run-in with a porcupine...)

Life is never boring with these guys around, LOL!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of dog and text that says 'If the kindest souls were rewarded with the longest lives, Dogs would outlive us all.'

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some more pictures of morning play-time. They really are playing, even though you can see all the teeth, LOL! I'm so glad they have each other to play with, and I don't have to participate in that level of roughhousing! See Conan's big-boy-choppers! He's on the right in the first picture, on the left in the second. He's been practicing using them on his big sis. Little brothers, huh? :rolleyes:

08-26-22 Dogs playing 02.jpg

08-26-22 Dogs playing 03.jpg

08-26-22 Dogs playing 04.jpg

And finally, all tuckered out!
08-26-22 Dogs playing 05.jpg

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a sheperd pit mix too. 65 lbs of muscle.
Emma is 16 yrs old, she still has a lot of muscle, but she can't get up and go (run) like she use to do. However, she still chases her ball and has that great Smile like Pits have :inlove:

Thank you for posting a pic: )
I was going to ask if you would post one.

I Love Pits ! They have such beautiful and wonderful personalities, with their Big Ol' Smiles ...Who can't Love them :question:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Emma is 16 yrs old, she still has a lot of muscle, but she can't get up and go (run) like she use to do. However, she still chases her ball and has that great Smile like Pits have :inlove:

Thank you for posting a pic: )
I was going to ask if you would post one.

I Love Pits ! They have such beautiful and wonderful personalities, with their Big Ol' Smiles ...Who can't Love them :question:

Ive always loved pitts. Now i love g sheperds too.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hope we are blessed to have roxxy live that long. She was a stray. We think she is about 5 or 6 years old.
Oh, I do hope so, too ! Roxxy will live a long happy life :) . Thank you for taking her in :hug:

Emma was a stray too. She was dumped off as a little puppy on a dirt/gravel road. The people who found her abused her...very badly, unmentionable things they did to her :mad:

I caught her at my moms home, put her on the back deck, didn't see a hole in the lattice and she escaped. A week or two later, my mom caught her and brought her over :bliss:

Her baby tooth, when she lost her last one, the only one that was left when we got her, we could see through it :eek:
She did have cancer on the end of her tail. Had surgery , Thankfully, the cancer didn't come back :)

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Oh, I do hope so, too ! Roxxy will live a long happy life :) . Thank you for taking her in :hug:

Emma was a stray too. She was dumped off as a little puppy on a dirt/gravel road. The people who found her abused her...very badly, unmentionable things they did to her :mad:

I caught her at my moms home, put her on the back deck, didn't see a hole in the lattice and she escaped. A week or two later, my mom caught her and brought her over :bliss:

Her baby tooth, when she lost her last one, the only one that was left when we got her, we could see through it :eek:
She did have cancer on the end of her tail. Had surgery , Thankfully, the cancer didn't come back :)

its nice to meet good people.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Polish_20221111_115132762.jpg
Picture from when we first got him, and then today. This is Psychodog. 25 pounds of lightning fast canine and the urge to sink his teeth into any thing that enters his yard. The cone of shame is only temporary, as he was recently neutered so the urge to breed does not tempt him into escaping.

We were told he was an aussiepoo. He looks more like aussie-schnauzer to me, and has none of that poodle type hair either.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
View attachment 199251
Picture from when we first got him, and then today. This is Psychodog. 25 pounds of lightning fast canine and the urge to sink his teeth into any thing that enters his yard. The cone of shame is only temporary, as he was recently neutered so the urge to breed does not tempt him into escaping.

We were told he was an aussiepoo. He looks more like aussie-schnauzer to me, and has none of that poodle type hair either.
he has some terrier hair, give him a x from me

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
this will be my first holiday period in 14yrs without Bella my maltese dog. given as you know i hate this time of year, it will be even harder.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is paw chewing normal?

There’s a lot of reasons a dog might chew or lick their paws, but one reason people are surprised by isn’t anything on the outside, it’s on the inside.

It’s actually in their food.

If something about your dog’s food isn’t agreeing with them, one of the first ways you’ll see it is with paw chewing or licking.

That’s because when your dog’s gut health isn’t right, it often shows up on their skin. With things like itching, scratching, and chewing.

Actress Katherine Heigl has worked with thousands of dogs through her world famous foundation. And she was shocked when she first started researching dog foods, and saw how even so-called “premium” foods can contain ingredients that can literally mess with almost every aspect of your dog’s health…

They can cause things like Flatulence, Discomfort in their joints, especially in older dogs, Seasonal Allergies, Smelly poop, or mushy poop that’s hard to pick up, plus itching and paw licking.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Quibble with Kibbles: ‘Forever chemicals’ in pet food packaging add to perils at home​

VU Sponsors