Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
f7d2b7f3812895cc044a25934880a12a.jpg

a453fae35aa488b74a676cb6613dd259.jpg

She looks like she's a little scared, but she's not ;)
She misses her Dad and started going underneath the bed. My Mom is not sure why she started this. :huh:
Usually she'll go into the living room, go to the chair where he use to sit and stay there for a long while. She was her Daddys girl :)

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
That is simply precious

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
f7d2b7f3812895cc044a25934880a12a.jpg

a453fae35aa488b74a676cb6613dd259.jpg

She looks like she's a little scared, but she's not ;)
She misses her Dad and started going underneath the bed. My Mom is not sure why she started this. :huh:
Usually she'll go into the living room, go to the chair where he use to sit and stay there for a long while. She was Daddys girl :)

She is trying to find safe place because her Dad isn't there to protect her.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want to preface this more than likely long reply as being part of my grieving process; 7 steps they say… god only knows which one and in which order I am at

But I do know one thing, I need some form of release and no matter the amount of talking I do with the wife or the amount of time consuming activities I have done as of late, I have not openly said or written down or dealt with the loss; which is denial.

7cf54173d6db5f7fae3d8b327e0dbf8d.jpg

This is Jasper-Roo aka Bubs, Boob, bubby, poppa-dopolus… I called him Bubs mostly.

This picture is the day I brought him home in 2008.

21877e66b5767b5ad8ec382a84a685fa.jpg

Few weeks later, already growing so much.

ec5bba924ed835b711ac0361abf97c57.jpg

The crooked tail which never straightened out over the years

90f103a818576aa9cb0af0b41ab68e16.jpg

And him on his 13th Bday this past August.

His health overall was failing the past year… starting with arthritis in his hips and rear knees, and the typical muscular atrophy older dogs are prone to.

He was a trooper though, always still wanting to walk a ton, which til this past year was 2-4m a day, it was only in the past 6-7 months did it drop from miles to hundreds of feet and the past month, just far enough to clear himself.

He was on a regimen of vitamins most his life, all for joint support mostly til the past 6 months where it was pain meds (Tramadol for the bad days, CBD daily for calming) to help mitigate the pains. This is where my heart began to break… for I knew the moments were short and the time left even shorter.

The wife and I made sure to give him everything+… and he learned that just a second whine got more and a third, fourth…

571c0b37c9518e022df7f6104fcf4122.dng

This is my bubs Monday 11/1 a hour before the vet arrived to end his suffering, I spent the weekend just laying at his side saying my good-byes.

Last Thursday was the day I knew it was time, he stopped eating… and this boy loves food… so I made a call to the vet and they came to do an assessment of him Friday and relayed the bad news… he lost function and feeling to his left rear, swelling was bad in his knees and surgery wasn’t really an option due to age.

I scheduled them back Monday 1pm and at 13:43 my bubs was at peace.

Again, as I prefaced, this wall of text is just one step in the grieving process… and the past three days I’ve had highs and lows, but with each day it’s more acceptance and less guilt, for the would of and could of in hindsight are evil and cause doubt in the process.

Apologies if I brought the happiness of this thread down.

Anyway, as Forrest Gump famously said, “that’s all I have to say about that”

Love ya Bubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to preface this more than likely long reply as being part of my grieving process; 7 steps they say… god only knows which one and in which order I am at

But I do know one thing, I need some form of release and no matter the amount of talking I do with the wife or the amount of time consuming activities I have done as of late, I have not openly said or written down or dealt with the loss; which is denial.

7cf54173d6db5f7fae3d8b327e0dbf8d.jpg

This is Jasper-Roo aka Bubs, Boob, bubby, poppa-dopolus… I called him Bubs mostly.

This picture is the day I brought him home in 2008.

21877e66b5767b5ad8ec382a84a685fa.jpg

Few weeks later, already growing so much.

ec5bba924ed835b711ac0361abf97c57.jpg

The crooked tail which never straightened out over the years

90f103a818576aa9cb0af0b41ab68e16.jpg

And him on his 13th Bday this past August.

His health overall was failing the past year… starting with arthritis in his hips and rear knees, and the typical muscular atrophy older dogs are prone to.

He was a trooper though, always still wanting to walk a ton, which til this past year was 2-4m a day, it was only in the past 6-7 months did it drop from miles to hundreds of feet and the past month, just far enough to clear himself.

He was on a regimen of vitamins most his life, all for joint support mostly til the past 6 months where it was pain meds (Tramadol for the bad days, CBD daily for calming) to help mitigate the pains. This is where my heart began to break… for I knew the moments were short and the time left even shorter.

The wife and I made sure to give him everything+… and he learned that just a second whine got more and a third, fourth…

571c0b37c9518e022df7f6104fcf4122.dng

This is my bubs Monday 11/1 a hour before the vet arrived to end his suffering, I spent the weekend just laying at his side saying my good-byes.

Last Thursday was the day I knew it was time, he stopped eating… and this boy loves food… so I made a call to the vet and they came to do an assessment of him Friday and relayed the bad news… he lost function and feeling to his left rear, swelling was bad in his knees and surgery wasn’t really an option due to age.

I scheduled them back Monday 1pm and at 13:43 my bubs was at peace.

Again, as I prefaced, this wall of text is just one step in the grieving process… and the past three days I’ve had highs and lows, but with each day it’s more acceptance and less guilt, for the would of and could of in hindsight are evil and cause doubt in the process.

Apologies if I brought the happiness of this thread down.

Anyway, as Forrest Gump famously said, “that’s all I have to say about that”

Love ya Bubs!

I completely understand the pain you are going through. It has been almost 50 years since my dog (Bear) passed. I still miss him. He might just have been a big dumb dog but he was my best friend and constant companion since I was 6. Not to mention my sometimes partner in in crime, even if unbeknownst to him...Yeah the loss still hurts.

Ok I'll shut up before I start blubbering. :cry:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can still remember when my little black chihuahua (now dead and gone for over 10 years) had been hit by a car. I went and carried her back to the house and laid her on a towel in a box since she was still breathing. I didn't know how long she had left, so I dug a hole in the yard.

When it looked like she had stopped bleeding, and stopped breathing, I carried her to the whole, and placed her in it. I said a prayer, and grabbed a shovel, ready to fill the hole with the dirt that came out of it.

I'll be damned if that little black chihuahua didn't sit straight up and look right at me like "what the hell is going on here? Get me outta this hole!"

She lived another 3 years after that.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry for the loss of your friend @~Don~

The Rainbows Bridge Poem

RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for the loss of your friend @~Don~

The Rainbows Bridge Poem

RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thank you!

I am doing much better today than I was yesterday and heaps better than the few days before.

Now it’s all about the other elder dog we have

806eb2938b3a276171451aef589ce05d.jpg

She’s also 13y old, but in good health.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This poem helps a tiny bit when dealing with the loss of your best friend.

Dogs & pieces of our hearts

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

Author unknown

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Please... TAKE ACTION...
This SCUMBAG Fauci and all who are involved has to be stopped !

The PAAW (Preventing Animal Abuse and Waste) Act would prohibit Dr. Fauci from performing, funding, or otherwise supporting any “maximum pain” or other painful experiments on dogs.

Vocal cords RIPPED out. Poisoned and debarked. Eaten alive by hungry sand flies. Mutant bacteria. Eaten alive by ticks. Six-month-old puppies.

It's time to end Dr. Fauci's taxpayer-funded torture. If you agree, please fill out the form below to send an email to your Congressmember urging them to pass the the PAAW Act!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Please... TAKE ACTION...
This SCUMBAG Fauci and all who are involved has to be stopped !

The PAAW (Preventing Animal Abuse and Waste) Act would prohibit Dr. Fauci from performing, funding, or otherwise supporting any “maximum pain” or other painful experiments on dogs.

Vocal cords RIPPED out. Poisoned and debarked. Eaten alive by hungry sand flies. Mutant bacteria. Eaten alive by ticks. Six-month-old puppies.

It's time to end Dr. Fauci's taxpayer-funded torture. If you agree, please fill out the form below to send an email to your Congressmember urging them to pass the the PAAW Act!

Fauci belongs in Prison and I signed~!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I grew up with dogs (then had cats) Some people say you are either dog or cat. I disagree...
I love them both. All I can an say is there were times I asked a dog owner (when I walked the dog for them) can I just roll around in the mud with them? They thought it was a joke. but I actually missed that. I do actually loves cats too (don't go there... my cat Jack wen from city to full blown mountain (been treed by ceyotes many times) Anyway, miss the doggies (will volunteer to roll around in the mud anytime)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After my mother passed away, we found new homes for the miniature schnauzers, but kept the Yorkie. He is much happier now, having no competition for food. No more getting attacked every time someone reaches to pet him. And he is a better watch dog. At least, he will bark, and bite if necessary.

On the funny side, he comes to me if I say the word "liberal".

20211217_192555.jpg

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,
“Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole.”
When Roger Caras said that line, dog lovers like our guest in today’s episode could only nod in agreement.
In today’s podcast, Rodney Habib, a multi-award-winning vlogger, best-selling author of The Forever Dog, and highly acclaimed speaker, shares the sad story that led to the creation of The Dog Cancer Series.
This series highlights the indisputable role of the ketogenic diet in addressing the world’s most dreadful condition – cancer.
Although it may seem surreal to face the fact that our pets can have cancer too, we all need to live with this reality and ACT ON IT before it’s too late. This is a call for us to start looking inwards at how our emotional turmoils and quality of life are directly impacting the health of our pets.
In This Episode:
  • Trauma can make or break you. In Rodney’s case, it paved the way to reversing a cancer that hit a beloved pet and changed its life for the better.
  • Great news! You don’t need to travel around the world to find the cure for cancer. The ketogenic diet is available right here at home.
  • Why you shouldn’t believe what veterinary colleges are telling the world about sugar – and its real effect on cancer treatment and reversal.
  • The astounding link between ketosis and living a long and healthy life.
  • Our dogs’ discomfort is a sign that something is threatening to shorten their lifespan BUT we can help them with time-restricted feeding.
  • Nobody likes cutting back, yet science-backed research makes a compelling case for consuming less food for greater gains.
  • Why do dogs love to eat the food of other dogs? Discover the ONE GREATEST FOOD in the world and how holistic veterinarians prescribe it to heal some of the most aggressive diseases, including cancer!
Access Podcast #186 Here!
Along his journey, Rodney learned this gem: “What we perceive to be true becomes a justification why we do the things we do.” By questioning old habits, he helps us keep our furry companions healthy – which is good for us, too!
You’re the best!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Having been a practicing veterinarian since dinosaurs roamed the Earth, I've had a lot of experience taking care of dogs.
In fact, it was a dog that officially began my journey as an herbalist. It was a black Labrador. She was in liver failure. Unfortunately, modern medicine really doesn't have diddly for liver failure cases. I'd been treating her in my hospital for about a week. I had her on an IV and was giving her supportive medications but we really weren't making any progress.
Her gums and the whites of her eyes were dark yellow with severe jaundice and she was only weakly responsive. The owners were really attached to her and had a sweet young child that adored her. So, giving up and letting the poor dog go wasn't something they were prepared to do...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In these modern times, our dependence on animals for survival is much diminished. We don’t need a guard dog because we have an alarm system. We don’t need a horse because we have a car. We don’t need a sheep dog because we don’t have any sheep. We don’t need a goat or a cow because we have a nice dairy section in our grocery store.
But what if things changed?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Join Doc Jones this friday April 1st at 6pm MST for a free lecture on herbal interventions for our furry friends!
Doc Jones will be going into detail on everything you need to know to treat your pet with natural remedies.
Event will be followed by a free Q&A with Doc.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today is National Pet Day

Please be extra kind to your pets today and give them a little treat, thank you!!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Study Finds Pets May Share Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria With Owners

Read Newsmax: Study Finds Pets May Share Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria With Owners | Newsmax.com
Urgent: Your Heart Attack Risk Determined Online - More Info

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday, hubby and I visited a no-kill animal shelter, thinking about adopting a rescue animal. Out of over 150 dogs, over 90% were pitbulls. Most of them already had bad temperaments and scars on their faces. That's sad. Many other dogs acted like they wanted to attack us, and others cowered away. A few were too friendly, jumping up on the gate, ready to give kisses.

The first dog they showed us had too many health issues: blood in the stool, undergoing treatments for breast cancer, and you could feel every bone in her body. (Yes, dogs can get breast cancer too)

Only 2 had the right temperament. One was a 10 year old boxer, and the other was a 2 year old pitbull mix. We are leaning more toward the pitbull mix. We put in our application, and will see how things turn out.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We adopted our rescue today. She is a pitbull terrier mix. The people at the shelter don't know if she is 2.5 years old or 5. She was a stray. She was already spayed, housebroken, and knows basic commands. We love her demeanor... the strong silent type, nice and calm. Kind of like me until my buttons get pushed wrong.

20220430_192531.jpg

Here she is, pinning hubby down in his chair so he can't get up.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

15 Foods That Are Poisonous to Dogs​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heigl — who’s foundation has helped save over 16,000 dogs from kill shelters and place them in new homes — says she’s seeing more health issues in dogs than ever before.

And the problem isn’t just the food they eat — it’s what’s inside it.

“Kibble and canned foods are often cooked at really high temperatures, and when that happens you can get things called advanced glycation end products, or A.G.E.s”, Heigl says. “These are toxic to your dog’s health.”

Cheap ingredients and poor cooking methods can lead to joint problems, mushy poops, bad odors, itchy skin, and a host of other unexplained issues.

Fortunately, there are things we dog owners can do.

“What we’re seeing is that there are special foods and herbs that do wonders for a dog’s health. We call them canine superfoods,” says Heigl.

“If your dog has any of these issues, you want to get these superfoods into their diet immediately.”

Now, for the first time ever, Katherine Heigl has created a short video explaining her exact health boosting method along with step-by-step instructions for how to do it at home.

The video is presented below, free and uninterrupted. The video has now gone viral, with viewers saying their dogs’ health improved in a matter of weeks or even days.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE PRESENTATION

To your dog's health,​

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Our new flock guardians, Maggie and Conan:
06-13-22 Conan 22.jpg

They'll be taking over for our old man, Jasper, who's 12 years old now (13 next January), however, since he has a new pack now, he's really perked up and has become active again. And he smiles. He loves the new little guy! :)
06-13-22 Conan 10.jpg

The above pictures were taken two months ago, when Conan was a 3 month old baby. He's a little bigger now (he should end up at around 110 to 130 pounds, coyotes beware!):
08-08-22 Conan 01.jpg

And Maggie (she's a year old now) has taken the lead in the pack, as far as the protection duties. She's been training Conan and he's learning fast. Conan might end up bigger than Maggie, but she'll always be the boss. ;)
06-13-22 Maggie 02.jpg

I love them so much, and they work for cookies! :inlove:

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew I had a better picture of Conan, and I found it (excuse my toes, he loves his mommy and wants to be close, LOL!) This was taken about a month ago, when he still had his baby shark teeth. He now has a full set of big-dog choppers and is armed and ready to eat foxes. :)
06-28-22 Conan 01.jpg

He's such a happy boy. :)

VU Sponsors