Become a Patron!

What are you cooking?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
All you peeps with yummy food

48 weeks now of the same foods...

Eggs, chicken, broccoli, multivitamins, protein powders.

Yup that’s been pretty much what I’ve had for a year.

#hardcoreketo

Upside I’ve lost a ton of weight, nearing 100 lost

Once I hit my goal, I am having BBQ Ribs, sauced to all hell, corn bread, baked beans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100 lost and stuck to it for a year. Thats awesome, good on you.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gah you make we want to learn to cook real food. Lol. And not fried. Lol

Sent from a pile of wood chips
:giggle: thank you dude....
If you really want to learn, I'll be happy to give you a few tips or point in the direction to learn.
This one is actually really simple.

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been away and just seeing this thread so doing a little catch up. No particular order but this is over the last few days.

Beef loin steaks, fresh green beans, and daughter made a beer bread.
20200524_185118 by Wayne, on Flickr

Simple burgers. half ground beef and half Italian sausage with portabellas and provolone
20200526_194157 by Wayne, on Flickr

Home made ice creams first is vanilla with blueberries and chocolate drizzle and second is mint chocolate chip
20200524_194934 by Wayne, on Flickr
20200527_211526 by Wayne, on Flickr
That steak looks delicious! Just seeing that picture makes me hungry.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I ain't cooking but she is. Omg I can't wait. Beans and corn. Homemade mashed taters, Mac n cheese. And for the main. Country style steak that's has been in the crock pot all day. She was cooking the steaks at 530 am. And it's possible there's a blackberry cobbler to go with this. My father's day gift. Mmm mmm
834f7b83dc13c13f670ca2bd686b8399.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I ain't cooking but she is. Omg I can't wait. Beans and corn. Homemade mashed taters, Mac n cheese. And for the main. Country style steak that's has been in the crock pot all day. She was cooking the steaks at 530 am. And it's possible there's a blackberry cobbler to go with this. My father's day gift. Mmm mmm

OK, I'm hungry now...and I had a panic moment thinking I'd missed Father's Day somehow...lol
Whew, it's on the 21st. Early presents are good I see. :D

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Oh damn!!! She went all out!!!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea man. She made cobbler too. IL have to pay that back over the weekend when we have time to rest. Lmao

You're gonna have to whittle her some wood

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I always have a tough time deciding between the shrimp or chicken tenders. We sometimes get one of each and share. Love the Blackened Ranch dip, too.

44e1c0083fff7d9c9fb085d60efe6afb.jpg

I'd leave the bun, the fixings, and the accompanying goop, and just eat the shrimp AND the chicken tenders!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@Huckleberried @f1r3b1rd I remember the first time I ever went to a Popeye's (and this was before Bojangles, too). We were in the process of finding a place to live in Baton Rouge, relocating from Pensacola. I'd never had spicy fried chicken before, so I had no idea. That chicken lit me up like a Christmas tree!

Then later on, after we moved to Baton Rouge and I was working in the office of a welding shop near the river, the little errand guy who used to go out and pick up everybody's lunch, well, that joker surprised me. He came up and asked me if I wanted a chicken-and-fries basket for lunch. Apparently the guys bought chicken from this place all the time, and on certain days of the week they had a basket of a great big chicken breast sitting on top of a pile of fries, all that for $1.00. I said, hell yeah I want one, so I gave him a dollar.

He brings it back to me, and I take the foil off the top. There sits the biggest, most gorgeous chicken breast I ever saw, all golden and wonderful. I picked it up and bit right into it, through the crust and skin, and started to chew. Then I felt it, a little tickle in the back of my throat, that within about 30 seconds was a full-fledged INFERNO in my mouth! I grabbed for my Pepsi. I coughed and spluttered and breathed with my mouth open. Dude was standing there watching. They knew I was a Luzianna Noob and were just waiting to see how I reacted to that hot-as-hell chicken. Everybody in the office had a big laugh over me eating that damn piece of chicken. :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I did pull the crust back to see wth I was eating, and the meat of the chicken looked like it had been dredged in red pepper. It was seriously hot. They told me I was a wimp.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Huckleberried @f1r3b1rd I remember the first time I ever went to a Popeye's (and this was before Bojangles, too). We were in the process of finding a place to live in Baton Rouge, relocating from Pensacola. I'd never had spicy fried chicken before, so I had no idea. That chicken lit me up like a Christmas tree!

Then later on, after we moved to Baton Rouge and I was working in the office of a welding shop near the river, the little errand guy who used to go out and pick up everybody's lunch, well, that joker surprised me. He came up and asked me if I wanted a chicken-and-fries basket for lunch. Apparently the guys bought chicken from this place all the time, and on certain days of the week they had a basket of a great big chicken breast sitting on top of a pile of fries, all that for $1.00. I said, hell yeah I want one, so I gave him a dollar.

He brings it back to me, and I take the foil off the top. There sits the biggest, most gorgeous chicken breast I ever saw, all golden and wonderful. I picked it up and bit right into it, through the crust and skin, and started to chew. Then I felt it, a little tickle in the back of my throat, that within about 30 seconds was a full-fledged INFERNO in my mouth! I grabbed for my Pepsi. I coughed and spluttered and breathed with my mouth open. Dude was standing there watching. They knew I was a Luzianna Noob and were just waiting to see how I reacted to that hot-as-hell chicken. Everybody in the office had a big laugh over me eating that damn piece of chicken. :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I did pull the crust back to see wth I was eating, and the meat of the chicken looked like it had been dredged in red pepper. It was seriously hot. They told me I was a wimp.

LOL..oh boy...

I just made a enourmus bowl of cold pasta salad. Made with Penne pasta, faux crab, Alaskan Salmon. mixed veggies and a nice Mexican Crema/Mayo dressing with enough Asian spices and Cajun seasonings to light ya up. Plus a dash of THIS. ;-)

I gave a local Cajun cabbie driver a bottle of my homemade Carolina Reaper/Trinidad Scorpion Lava powder for a tip once...He was amazed.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I always have a tough time deciding between the shrimp or chicken tenders. We sometimes get one of each and share. Love the Blackened Ranch dip, too.

44e1c0083fff7d9c9fb085d60efe6afb.jpg

We usually get one poboy to split, the spicy fried chicken and red beans n rice
We'll cut the sandwich so the 4 of us all for a taste and then eat the chicken and beans.
We probably wouldn't do that if popeyes wasnt a treat for us. We dont order out ofte . So when we do we make it a big deal

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Bahahaha!!!!
I never put hot sauce on chicken before. When I moved up here, i wanted popeyes. Shannon hadn't had it before but made the comment that she needed Frank's hot sauce for her chicken.
Let's just say that she doesnt use Frank's on fried chicken anymore.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No pictures since it’s only boiled chicken and broccoli with hot sauce for early dinner.

Yay me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to go buy a new grill. Birds took over the other one with babies. And they're to small to have any nutritional value. Lol
a4003d53d6f437c3c248b5855436f8ec.jpg
49e4da9f39093be201fbdfcdf686bca7.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Had to go buy a new grill. Birds took over the other one with babies. And they're to small to have any nutritional value. Lol
a4003d53d6f437c3c248b5855436f8ec.jpg
49e4da9f39093be201fbdfcdf686bca7.jpg

That's funny. Good on you not evicting them or using the nest as a fire starter. :giggle:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's funny. Good on you not evicting them or using the nest as a fire starter. :giggle:
Yea I couldn't kick them out. Could use a new grill. Just wish it was planned, I would have gotten a nicer one. Lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Man that looks great but my kids grew up in Paula Dean's kitchen. Hard to get them to eat good stuff like that.

It's kinda spicy.. but there is butter involved.- not chef Paula levels of butter though.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Think that would hold up in a box, sent overnight thru DHL to my table? Damn that looks amazingly delicious...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
:giggle::giggle: Thank you

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
may i PLEASE!!! get your Batter/ breading recipe..
have been playing as of late with differnt deep fry batters and breading,
and yours looks delishious.
Hahaha this is the easiest thing I cook.
I just use the Louisiana fish fry, add in some slap ya momma. I spritz then with fresh lemon juice when they come out the oil.
I get the yellow pack- lemon flavored. Just be careful not to get the beer batter.

seafood goes in egg wash then dredged in fish fry. Then dropped in hot oil and done.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All day NASCAR starting at 0630. Went to bed at like 1am after hanging with Schildhouse crew on iRacing.

I planned on homemade pizza, but forgot to take the Italian sausage out of the freezer..so meh.
So, need spicy junk food and fuck actual cooking. :cool:

Also made a quicky nacho cheese dip with velveeta, 4-mexi-cheese, minced Jalapenos en Escabeche and things.

Last edited:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hahaha this is the easiest thing I cook.
I just use the Louisiana fish fry, add in some slap ya momma. I spritz then with fresh lemon juice when they come out the oil.
I get the yellow pack- lemon flavored. Just be careful not to get the beer batter.

seafood goes in egg wash then dredged in fish fry. Then dropped in hot oil and done.
so this???
GUEST_6323945e-f54e-45a7-b329-321e03491d16

and this
c00854ce-de9f-4838-8bd0-dfa36bc66765_1.a06202b909d70ccb541982a14bb42894.jpeg

and DATS IT?? your right that would be EASY
{also been playing with tempria batter}
You ever incorperate CAKE FLOUR into the corn starch
makes a Light and almost sweet coating.. REALLY GOOD

have been wondeing about incorperating almond flour into a deep fried concept.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so this???

and this

I personally like a tempura-style rice flour mix with a bit of Panko for crunch too...very light and crisp and you can season it however u want. =)

I also almost never actually deep-fry...convection oven FTW.

Last time I did fry, it was homemade onion rings and I saved/strained out the oil...creates an amazing onion-seasoned oil for cooking with. ;-)

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
so this???

and this

The yellow package but not beer batter they have one that says beer batter and then this one is lemon
It’s basically seasoned cornmeal
B36AC70E-2E42-43F1-8145-863D2A58E3B9.jpeg 21BFE0E8-2A69-4BD2-B157-C39B73BAC763.jpeg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That is just beautiful. :D

I made a Cilantro thang recently...it's good shit.
gCgI1Op.jpg

thank you...

your pesto definitely has my interest peaked..
olive oil, cilantro and garlic?
How would it go with some avocado added?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
so this???

and this

When I read Slap ya Mama in the above posts I thought it was a saying, not a product!
:giggle:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thank you...

your pesto definitely has my interest peaked..
olive oil, cilantro and garlic?
How would it go with some avocado added?

Thx!

Probably would be yummy with avocado..but would turn/spoil pretty fast.
I did this as a way to not throw out the majority of a bunch of cilantro all the time without freezing it. I love the stuff, but it just doesn't keep well.

This is what I used as a baseline: https://freshbitesdaily.com/cilantro-pesto/
Super ez and works great. =)

VU Sponsors