Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I wrote an email to Element about them sending me the wrong tank AGAIN. I didn’t want to be nasty about it, but really EV? That vape mail kinda blew my day.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Rhonda has my drip tips ready! Yay!

Today I built a Gear RTA that came in vape mail, and set up a second Reuleaux RX Gen3 kit with an RBA for the tank. I had already built that the other night. Put a 3.5mm SS parallel 26 ga coil in the Gear, figured that made the most sense with the way the deck was laid out. It vapes pretty good; I'm still waiting for the coil and cotton to break in good. Put it on my black Detonator. It's a noisy tank, though. Not crazy about that. What I do like, though, and I'm sure it's because the distance from the coils to the drip tip is so short, I can run this thing at 30W on a 0.3 ohm coil and the vape is plenty warm and plenty flavorful. If I take it up much higher than that, it's too hot for me.

Haven't said anything about this, but I think my gunmetal Detonator is toast. It started getting warm on the outside, and going through batteries really fast, and I think it actually may have killed one of my Golisi 21700 batteries. Right about the time the mod started gettting warm, I charged that battery, and when I put it back in the mod, it did nothing. I thought, well maybe I've mixed these batteries up (even though I knew I hadn't) so I put it back on the charger. It blinked for a few minutes like it was charging, but then when I looked at the charger again, like ten minutes later, all three lights were on steady. In other words, it won't take a charge.

I put a brand new Molicell 21700 in it, fully charged, and vaped it off and on, but that battery was drained to nothing in about 3 hours. That's when I took the mod out of commission. I hope it didn't damage the new battery, but I bet it did.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my 2 white Pico Squeeze kits from TLG Canada today.
Only vape mail I was waiting on. Actually only vape related purchase in a few months?
do have a couple of orders outstanding with FT but they are masks.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't done much vape related since returning to work, other than vape a lot. Mixed a little juice. Changed some cotton. And browsing the hardware section. Can't buy anything, but it's fun to see what's up for sale and who gets the thing I keep eye fucking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't done much vape related since returning to work, other than vape a lot. Mixed a little juice. Changed some cotton. And browsing the hardware section. Can't buy anything, but it's fun to see what's up for sale and who gets the thing I keep eye fucking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How is your knee?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got my new AHD driptips yesterday. I actually like the Sterling Shimmer bettr; it ended up being much more slender at the tip.

The one I had such high hopes for, the Silver Leaf two-toned with Cherry Pie... well, it's real pretty, but it ended up much fatter at the tip than any of my other "Michelle" driptips from her; maybe because of the two-tone, she can't make it very slender, I dunno. I've been using it all day, and it does bug me, being so fat at the tip, but I guess I can get used to it.

I had intended that tip to go with my white Minibook that has the gray+red wrap on it, but it actually looks damn good with my red Minibook. I'm wearing red today, so I broke out the red Minibook. :)

new2toneplusredminibook.jpg

Andria

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

i have some info that will really fuck your eye. pm incoming

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Burnt a wick on my ride home from work, so had to change that out for the 2nd time in 3 days. Man that was tasting good, too, all day long. Then, my little pod that I keep in my front pocket for work got stupid on me, so had to dig through my stashed stuff to find the other one. Anyone know of one that's front pocket friendly (girl's jeans front pockets are SMALL!!) and QUIET pod? Need a small, or slender, QUIET pod.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did y'all realize this? I knew about the flavor ban, but didn't realize that ALL E-LIQUID, including tobacco and unflavored, was going to be banned for sale to the state of NY as of July 1.

This came in an e-mail from MyFreedomSmokes this morning. Can this be correct?

NY Announcement.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I unknowingly ordered some RDAs with known problems. They were copper Unicorn RDAs from Arkansas E Liquid. I haven't tried one out yet but I've read that the copper messes with the flavor and turns green or whatever. At the time, I thought that's all They had left.

I went back and looked around and see they also have brass left. From what I've read, brass doesn't have the problems copper does. I'd prefer SS obviously but I guess I'll have to get brass. I ordered a gold Axial and some more of Dat White Stuff. It's pretty good cotton. The packs don't have the amount of cotton as CB or others but there's still quite a bit in them. For anyone who doesn't know, they have DWS for ninety-nine cents. I read a while back that DWS cotton strips are a perfect fit for the Profile RDA but I haven't tried it yet.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Burnt a wick on my ride home from work, so had to change that out for the 2nd time in 3 days. Man that was tasting good, too, all day long. Then, my little pod that I keep in my front pocket for work got stupid on me, so had to dig through my stashed stuff to find the other one. Anyone know of one that's front pocket friendly (girl's jeans front pockets are SMALL!!) and QUIET pod? Need a small, or slender, QUIET pod.
Gusto mini pod disappears in my hand

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did y'all realize this? I knew about the flavor ban, but didn't realize that ALL E-LIQUID, including tobacco and unflavored, was going to be banned for sale to the state of NY as of July 1.

View attachment 160306

I saw that too. So glad I left that state. Not that my new one is much better. lol

On topic, made a large order for nic, VG and flavors from MFS (gonna be a HEAVY box) and another fairly decent order from Fasttech (2mods, 2 RTA's and 4 attys). Fun times ahead.

Also, Royal Mail sucks right now. Have a topside carbon sitting in an airport for 11 days so far. :wait:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My patience hit a big brick wall and I raised utter hell last night with 3AVape via e-mail. My Pumper order has been sitting with no movement other than "Logistics Order Created" since the 13th of April. I had e-mailed them twice before, and did get responses, but those responses were worthless. So last night I told them, somewhat less politely than this, that I am going to tell everybody I know here at VU that 3AVape isn't a reliable place to buy vape stuff, and I told them that if I don't hear something that alleviates my concerns within 24 hours, I am filing a Paypal claim to get my money back. Told them I'd been in touch enough times, been patient enough, waited long enough, should have had the mod in my hands last week.

This morning I had an actual informative response. Package got turned around in Customs and was re-sent with a different tracking number. There is actual movement on this number. Interesting that the "Logistics Order Created" tracking entry on this number occurred on 4/28. They could have let me know this the last time they responded to me, before they went on holiday.

If I get that package and the Pumper in it is anything other than PURPLE, you all are gonna see somebody lose their shit completely. I am absolutely at my wits end with this.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 160306
Yep and AFIK this has not changed.
And seems like a similar thing kicks in in FL next January?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My patience hit a big brick wall and I raised utter hell last night with 3AVape via e-mail. My Pumper order has been sitting with no movement other than "Logistics Order Created" since the 13th of April. I had e-mailed them twice before, and did get responses, but those responses were worthless. So last night I told them, somewhat less politely than this, that I am going to tell everybody I know here at VU that 3AVape isn't a reliable place to buy vape stuff, and I told them that if I don't hear something that alleviates my concerns within 24 hours, I am filing a Paypal claim to get my money back. Told them I'd been in touch enough times, been patient enough, waited long enough, should have had the mod in my hands last week.

This morning I had an actual informative response. Package got turned around in Customs and was re-sent with a different tracking number. There is actual movement on this number. Interesting that the "Logistics Order Created" tracking entry on this number occurred on 4/28. They could have let me know this the last time they responded to me, before they went on holiday.

If I get that package and the Pumper in it is anything other than PURPLE, you all are gonna see somebody lose their shit completely. I am absolutely at my wits end with this.
So there response is bullshit. I'm going through the exact same thing with them and got the exact same response this morning as well. Told them I was going to PayPal for a chargeback if I didn't hear anything. Magical this am I got a new tracking number and it's moved way past logistics. Some bs

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So there response is bullshit. I'm going through the exact same thing with them and got the exact same response this morning as well. Told them I was going to PayPal for a chargeback if I didn't hear anything. Magical this am I got a new tracking number and it's moved way past logistics. Some bs

Did you happen to order a Pumper as well?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep and AFIK this has not changed.
And seems like a similar thing kicks in in FL next January?

Looks like our vapers in NY and FL are going to need to rely more heavily than ever on their friends in the forum. Man those states suck. @nadalama, if you need any help at all with ordering for you in order to send to you, just let me know, I'll be glad to help however I can. Providing the imbeciles in GA don't also lose their freaking minds -- if they do, then if you want I can mix stuff for you and send it along.

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No it is the Smoant knight 80

Ok, I was just wondering if they played some shenanigans with that shipment of squonkers. Sounds like they played some shenanigans with a whole shipment of all kinds of stuff. Not sure I'll order from them again after this.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like our vapers in NY and FL are going to need to rely more heavily than ever on their friends in the forum. Man those states suck. @nadalama, if you need any help at all with ordering for you in order to send to you, just let me know, I'll be glad to help however I can. Providing the imbeciles in GA don't also lose their freaking minds -- if they do, then if you want I can mix stuff for you and send it along.

Andria

That's very, very kind Andria, thank you so much! <3 I'm ok, though. So far Virginia hasn't made any kind of ruling as far as I know. Even if they do, I've got enough mess accumulated around here to keep vaping for years without spending another cent.

However...there are plenty of members at VU that are in NY that I don't know whether they are completely self-sufficient, and that change in the law is gonna make things very difficult. When did this hoo-hah come to be about banning e-liquids altogether? I thought the crap was about kids and flavors! When did they change it to banning tobacco and unflavored too?

Anybody in NY who isn't already stocked up, you better get cracking. Like right now.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's very, very kind Andria, thank you so much! <3 I'm ok, though. So far Virginia hasn't made any kind of ruling as far as I know. Even if they do, I've got enough mess accumulated around here to keep vaping for years without spending another cent.

However...there are plenty of members at VU that are in NY that I don't know whether they are completely self-sufficient, and that change in the law is gonna make things very difficult. When did this hoo-hah come to be about banning e-liquids altogether? I thought the crap was about kids and flavors! When did they change it to banning tobacco and unflavored too?

Anybody in NY who isn't already stocked up, you better get cracking. Like right now.

Well, one thing I was thinking, though everyone seems to think that COVID19 will somehow give us a break, I think all it will really do is delay the vapocalypse -- states like NY and FL are going to need their piggybanks more than ever, just to keep running the gov't, and that means they have even more reason to hate vaping and want to push vapers back to smoking.

They can all FOAD as far as I'm concerned, which is why I'm willing to help those who may soon need it.

Andria

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm starting....grrrr

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Frankly, I'd be mad as hell if I were you all. There's no need for all this. Damn kids need to behave themselves, but even if they don't, it's totally ridiculous to try to redeem it THIS way.

Pft. The "kids" thing is a total straw man...

vaping-smokingrates-2.jpg
They have to PRETEND it's "for the cheeeeldruuuuun" because if they SAID "we need the money, so we don't give a shit about your health, go back to smoking" they'd be tarred and feathered by anyone with half a brain and even a single ounce of good sense.

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I cleaned out and re-wicked my Conqueror RTA, it needed it.

Also, I got enabled by the Low to Mid-Range thread to snag this nifty little combo from ejuicesteals.com for just under $17 shipped. ;)

Thx to [user]Just Frank[/user] for posting the deals!

griffin-segeli.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang, not buying anything else. close eyes.

I might need one more of those 450ml bottles of nic from Vaperstek. When I bottled up and stashed that last liter, I did a total inventory, and it looks like my supply is about 4.6 liters... just a bit shy of the 5L I was aiming for.

But, I did read that the PMTA date *was* approved to be pushed back to sometime in September, so I reckon I have a little longer to get that last 450ml. :)

Andria

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I can't leave anything alone. :)

1d4392d8ea614ef23f6a703b4ab3e865.jpg

a997ff16e79392169d70cb275df4289a.jpg

6edf1495273e07c48313df1dd0e38416.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 160306

It’s correct, afaik. So fucked up. Cuomo had nothing better to do during a pandemic. I bought three 120ml of juice I really like tonight, because of the ban.
I haven’t bought anything in months since I started mixing, but I figured why not.

It’s just more depressing stuff on top of everything else!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

Well, I’m not sure I’ll need anything, but help if I do need something would be great.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I might need one more of those 450ml bottles of nic from Vaperstek. When I bottled up and stashed that last liter, I did a total inventory, and it looks like my supply is about 4.6 liters... just a bit shy of the 5L I was aiming for.

But, I did read that the PMTA date *was* approved to be pushed back to sometime in September, so I reckon I have a little longer to get that last 450ml. :)

Andria
Vaperstek is having a 10% off sale right now.Code: Letmeout ends May31.

I can't leave anything alone. :)

1d4392d8ea614ef23f6a703b4ab3e865.jpg

a997ff16e79392169d70cb275df4289a.jpg

6edf1495273e07c48313df1dd0e38416.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
This is fantastic!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Freebase Nic is not included in the PMTA stuff at this time.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaperstek is having a 10% off sale right now.Code: Letmeout ends May31.

Awesome! That means I can wait till payday -- our insurance has a 20% discount right now, since people aren't driving as much, so instead of $335-ish, it's only about $205 - so I'll have plenty of budget for more nic! :bliss:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Freebase Nic is not included in the PMTA stuff at this time.

That's good to know, but hell, the nanny-fascist fuckers are on the warpath for one thing right after another.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's good to know, but hell, the nanny-fascist fuckers are on the warpath for one thing right after another.

Andria
Oh rest assured that freebase nic will be restricted in some way or the other in the not too distant future.
But for no I do not know of any restrictions on buying it. I think there are some on shipping though but those have been there for some time.
I expect that at some time one will will have to be a licensed tobacco manufacturer to buy it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh rest assured that freebase nic will be restricted in some way or the other in the not too distant future.
But for no I do not know of any restrictions on buying it. I think there are some on shipping though but those have been there for some time.
I expect that at some time one will will have to be a licensed tobacco manufacturer to buy it.

Well the word at one time was godawful taxes on it, like raising the price by a factor of ten or more. No telling what they'll come up with.

VU Sponsors