Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh rest assured that freebase nic will be restricted in some way or the other in the not too distant future.
But for no I do not know of any restrictions on buying it. I think there are some on shipping though but those have been there for some time.
I expect that at some time one will will have to be a licensed tobacco manufacturer to buy it.

Yeah I think that's probably true... which is why I want to get enough stashed to last me for 30 yrs! :shades:

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Just let me know, if you do.

Andria

Thank you, Andria. Apparently a flavor ban isn’t enough, they want to ban *all* eliquid. This is worse than the original flavor ban when kids were getting sick.

I’m freaking out a bit, to be honest.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the word at one time was godawful taxes on it, like raising the price by a factor of ten or more. No telling what they'll come up with.

yeah forgot that... wonder what happened with that?
Been kinda neglecting vaping news and focusing on the virus thing.

Edit: Looks like the Senate bill has no action since last Sept?

The HB was places on a calendar 2-21-2020
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/4742

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/2517/text

iirc the bills had a 180 day delay from passage to implementation?
of course anything could change.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, Andria. Apparently a flavor ban isn’t enough, they want to ban *all* eliquid. This is worse than the original flavor ban when kids were getting sick.

I’m freaking out a bit, to be honest.

Well, I don't think they're going to start searching mail that's internal to the US, and my husband works in a plant that makes and sell cardboard boxes, and sells bubble wrap. :) So I have no problems sending liquids, properly packaged. If I need to, I can also get a bunch of 60ml plastic bottles from amazon -- I use glass for personal use, but obviously plastic would be better for shipping.

As for bought ejuice, right now it's still allowed, here in GA... how long, or if, that continues, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I don't think they're going to start searching mail that's internal to the US, and my husband works in a plant that makes and sell cardboard boxes, and sells bubble wrap. :) So I have no problems sending liquids, properly packaged. If I need to, I can also get a bunch of 60ml plastic bottles from amazon -- I use glass for personal use, but obviously plastic would be better for shipping.

As for bought ejuice, right now it's still allowed, here in GA... how long, or if, that continues, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Andria

Thank you, Andria. You’re a doll! I really appreciate it so much. <3<3

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Polished my tube
d79960cea97b386b306757d87709a0e6.jpg
a01ed4a0d7fd09bef4feeab6c776a0f6.jpg
1fb8e3b45ecb876d3dfcce1138e0d887.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A couple of weeks ago I ordered three of these off eBay:

s-l225.webp

They are Clinique train cases, 10" x 6" x 6", I suppose given away with Clinique purchases in department stores. I got them to reorganize my flavors with.

Yesterday hubbs made hard bottoms for them out of some plexiglass he had stashed around.

Separated flavors into categories today and moved them into these bags, with the exception of sweeteners/candies. Didn't have enough room. So I ordered three more of the train cases plus some makeup pouches to use for small categories of flavors, like sweeteners, coolants, nuts, beverages, etc.

After I get all of this squared away I will make luggage tags to indicate what's in each case.

Don't intend to grow my flavor collection much more. I'm pretty content with where it is, and will just gradually switch over to larger sizes of the flavors I use most often. With these bags I'll have room to grow a little.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaped outside a bit while it snowed.
pqPkDOU_d.webp

Minnesota what are you doing :confused:? The lakes just opened up again from winter. We deserve some 70° weather already. :wait:

So do we, but we've been hard pressed to reach 70 degrees, nevermind the 80+ that we SHOULD be having this time of year! It's been in the 40s at night all week! Fucking weirdest spring I've ever seen in GA! It's like March just keeps going, and going, and going...

Andria

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Took my new atty apart and cleaned it, poked through some mod and stuff...too tired to build anything.

That Morph tank's deck, is like a miniature KF deck...so tiny...

IMG_3273__87142.1434514379.png

Last edited:

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Swapped out Boros on the SXK billet box.

For some reason the boro that came with the box was having a problem with the Xeta rba as i snugged down the 510 nut the bottom of the boro would kick out enough that the door would now rock and not close properly.

This white boro i got doesnt seem to have that issue so im happy so far with the swap.

Attachments

• 20200509_141946_Film3.jpg
    20200509_141946_Film3.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 8

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finished re-assembling the cleaned Morph tank (lots of tiny parts!) and cleaned the Tobhino RDA that came on the new Luxotic BF box.

Really need to read up on how to buff out the resin on that, it's the blue swirl and is like something out of "Starry Night".

606px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Just a Beautiful mod. :D

Also bought a new pair of flush-cut diagonal cutters, as mine broke. Snagged a second Digiflavor Fuji tank while I was at it, I love those things.

dnMA9yU.png

Now I'll have both single and dual decks and both silver and black to mix up. :)

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I set up my Ijoy X3 RBA for my Avenger tank and knew something was off. I got really muted flavor. I put in a different coil and raised it slightly. Nooooow It's getting there... Pretty darn good flavor and just nice overall setup. Thank you again @nadalama for steering me in the right direction. I like the Avenger more than I thought I would. Nice secure screw off top cap, decent liquid capacity, and it just feels and looks solid.

I've always thought Ijoy made decent products. I disliked one of their tanks so I never got any of them after that. I did go backwards and got some of their older tanks but not anything after the first Captain. I remember lots of sales on coils for those Ijoy tanks. I regret not getting some of them now. I still might find some but not even sure how good they are. This RBA is pretty great though.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I set up my Ijoy X3 RBA for my Avenger tank and knew something was off. I got really muted flavor. I put in a different coil and raised it slightly. Nooooow It's getting there... Pretty darn good flavor and just nice overall setup. Thank you again @nadalama for steering me in the right direction. I like the Avenger more than I thought I would. Nice secure screw off top cap, decent liquid capacity, and it just feels and looks solid.

I've always thought Ijoy made decent products. I disliked one of their tanks so I never got any of them after that. I did go backwards and got some of their older tanks but not anything after the first Captain. I remember lots of sales on coils for those Ijoy tanks. I regret not getting some of them now. I still might find some but not even sure how good they are. This RBA is pretty great though.

I ordered a second ss Avenger, which came today, along with a ss Dead Rabbit SQ (the single coil one). Can't believe it took me this long to get a Rabbit.

Haven't built this Avenger yet, may wait a while to use it.

I got a Tornado Nano RDTA from @gadget! once, which was the only old-ish iJoy tank I recall except for the Captain Elites, which I loved. The Tornado was decent, but didn't set the world on fire.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I ordered a second ss Avenger, which came today, along with a ss Dead Rabbit SQ (the single coil one). Can't believe it took me this long to get a Rabbit.

Haven't built this Avenger yet, may wait a while to use it.

I got a Tornado Nano RDTA from @gadget! once, which was the only old-ish iJoy tank I recall except for the Captain Elites, which I loved. The Tornado was decent, but didn't set the world on fire.
The Dead Rabbit is a love it or hate it thing.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
The Dead Rabbit is a love it or hate it thing.
The Dead Rabbit SE V2 really nice, they've lowered the coils and the kit gives you for different colored top caps.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The Dead Rabbit SE V2 really nice, they've lowered the coils and the kit gives you for different colored top caps.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
I'm glad some people like them but there is nothing that anyone could do to a Dead Rabbit for me to like it for many reasons.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finished re-assembling the cleaned Morph tank (lots of tiny parts!) and cleaned the Tobhino RDA that came on the new Luxotic BF box.

Really need to read up on how to buff out the resin on that, it's the blue swirl and is like something out of "Starry Night".

606px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Just a Beautiful mod. :D

Also bought a new pair of flush-cut diagonal cutters, as mine broke. Snagged a second Digiflavor Fuji tank while I was at it, I love those things.

dnMA9yU.png

Now I'll have both single and dual decks and both silver and black to mix up.

Quoting myself for reference here...I got it all setup now. She's a beauty, IMHO. :)

o0JBQ1I.jpg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you...the collection is slowly coming together..I have 75C BF coming this week but still need a few more different models to finish things up.

You’ll have the whole Therion family soon! The BF one is amazing looking, btw. In general, these mods have a great sturdy feel for me. And they look cool!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I’d placed some orders from China and was worrying a bit. So last night I got an email that they didn’t have some of the gear in the colors I ordered. And did I want a refund et al.

So I took a partial refund, and figured I’d hear back from them whenever. But this afternoon, I got a PP notification of a refund. Glory be and all that.

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello, all.

It has been a few days since I posted an update.

After being stuck in customs in SF for over a week, my sxk BB and xeta came in to work yesterday. It was quite frustrating for the better part of the day dealing with a few issues getting things figured out but all good now.

Firstly, the glass in the boro was absurdly tight. I lubed up the gasket after disassembly and whatnot but it took using my knife to slide the glass open to refill as even a fingernail slipped above the glass wouldn't move it. I remedied that by gently prying up on the boro's tabs a bit with a small flat head screw driver after work. It slides great with my thumbnail now so problem solved.

Secondly, the contact for the negative side of the battery chewed my battery wraps for the first 2 battery changes. After work, I used a set of pliers I utilize for my gunsmithing hobby with the jaws wrapped in painter's tape to bend the tab upward enough to simultaneously secure the battery tightly while also allowing me to press upward lightly on the positive end of the battery and remove it. The tape obviously protected the BB's finish from paint gouging. The battery now stays secured and is easily removed so problem solved.

Thirdly, I built the xeta with an (admittedly) larger coil than should probably be used. It ohms out perfectly at .49 but is a very tight fit. That being said, when I went to wick it, I thinned the wicks a bit as the coil had a 3mm ID and the wicking slots were full. I did that twice and it still leaked. On the 3rd attempt, I just wicked the coil tightly as you would any clapton but did not thin the ends at all. I simply clipped them leaving 2-3mm of cotton exposed once the barrel was installed. It has been dry as a bone ever since and provided a very nice vape while wicking like a champ.

Those problems occurred and were solved yesterday. After carrying it all day today, I'm really liking it. Everything works smooth, I (still) like DNA boards and the build quality seems great other than the first issues I pointed out which were easily remedied. I believe I may have to buy another one of these to have as a backup. It was expensive for a clone but was very much worth it.

The downside of the situation is I am down to approximately 2 days worth of PG left and my local Tractor Supply is out, unfortunately. I had set up an order to pick up a gallon after work yesterday and the order was cancelled due to lack of supply. I swung by to see if there was in fact any on the shelf and there wasn't. The lady working checkout said quite a bit of their product is back ordered due to COVID so it would probably take 5-6 days for some to come in. I went ahead and ordered (again) online for site to store and was given a warning that it would be up to 10 days before the order arrived. As quickly as I fell in love with the BB, I'll have to turn away and go to my squonker to get by with a 90/10 mix...though I'll likely experiment to see if I can get it to wick something that thick. Oh well. Haha

Edit:

I had initially intended to move to posting in the Front Porch thread as most of my posts tend to veer off into something not exactly related to what I did today that is vaping related. In the past few weeks, we wound up purchasing an old golf cart with a bed (runs great and is insanely handy!), purchased a new commercial weed eater, a new zero turn, cleared another half acre on our property, had the driveway redone, did some work on our old tractor, etc. Things have been real busy around our little farm. However, in respect to Steve and the loss of his sister, I thought I'd post here one more time and leave that thread for condolences.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello, all.

It has been a few days since I posted an update.

After being stuck in customs in SF for over a week, my sxk BB and xeta came in to work yesterday. It was quite frustrating for the better part of the day dealing with a few issues getting things figured out but all good now.

Firstly, the glass in the boro was absurdly tight. I lubed up the gasket after disassembly and whatnot but it took using my knife to slide the glass open to refill as even a fingernail slipped above the glass wouldn't move it. I remedied that by gently prying up on the boro's tabs a bit with a small flat head screw driver after work. It slides great with my thumbnail now so problem solved.

Secondly, the contact for the negative side of the battery chewed my battery wraps for the first 2 battery changes. After work, I used a set of pliers I utilize for my gunsmithing hobby with the jaws wrapped in painter's tape to bend the tab upward enough to simultaneously secure the battery tightly while also allowing me to press upward lightly on the positive end of the battery and remove it. The tape obviously protected the BB's finish from paint gouging. The battery now stays secured and is easily removed so problem solved.

Thirdly, I built the xeta with an (admittedly) larger coil than should probably be used. It ohms out perfectly at .49 but is a very tight fit. That being said, when I went to wick it, I thinned the wicks a bit as the coil had a 3mm ID and the wicking slots were full. I did that twice and it still leaked. On the 3rd attempt, I just wicked the coil tightly as you would any clapton but did not thin the ends at all. I simply clipped them leaving 2-3mm of cotton exposed once the barrel was installed. It has been dry as a bone ever since and provided a very nice vape while wicking like a champ.

Those problems occurred and were solved yesterday. After carrying it all day today, I'm really liking it. Everything works smooth, I (still) like DNA boards and the build quality seems great other than the first issues I pointed out which were easily remedied. I believe I may have to buy another one of these to have as a backup. It was expensive for a clone but was very much worth it.

The downside of the situation is I am down to approximately 2 days worth of PG left and my local Tractor Supply is out, unfortunately. I had set up an order to pick up a gallon after work yesterday and the order was cancelled due to lack of supply. I swung by to see if there was in fact any on the shelf and there wasn't. The lady working checkout said quite a bit of their product is back ordered due to COVID so it would probably take 5-6 days for some to come in. I went ahead and ordered (again) online for site to store and was given a warning that it would be up to 10 days before the order arrived. As quickly as I fell in love with the BB, I'll have to turn away and go to my squonker to get by with a 90/10 mix...though I'll likely experiment to see if I can get it to wick something that thick. Oh well. Haha

Edit:

I had initially intended to move to posting in the Front Porch thread as most of my posts tend to veer off into something not exactly related to what I did today that is vaping related. In the past few weeks, we wound up purchasing an old golf cart with a bed (runs great and is insanely handy!), purchased a new commercial weed eater, a new zero turn, cleared another half acre on our property, had the driveway redone, did some work on our old tractor, etc. Things have been real busy around our little farm. However, in respect to Steve and the loss of his sister, I thought I'd post here one more time and leave that thread for condolences.

Everyone on the Porch thread could use some cheering up, though. We’d love to have you. I know I’m just a guest there, but everyone is welcome there afaik. :hug:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Finally got out on my own since lockdown! Yep, I offered the misses to come and she said "no, you go yourself, I know you love that". Did not need to be told twice.
Ahh, all on my own, nobody else anywhere near me, saw nobody, vaped and even found a bit of gold. No fortune but enough for 2 packs of Zeus coils :)
Loved every minute of it, totally switched the world off for 5 hours.

The bush before the Zeus was unleashed. Just creeping in on the right.
20200515_153938(1).jpg
After the Zeus!
20200515_142823(1).jpg
And the bonus for the day :)
20200515_153600(2).jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally got out on my own since lockdown! Yep, I offered the misses to come and she said "no, you go yourself, I know you love that". Did not need to be told twice.
Ahh, all on my own, nobody else anywhere near me, saw nobody, vaped and even found a bit of gold. No fortune but enough for 2 packs of Zeus coils :)
Loved every minute of it, totally switched the world off for 5 hours.

The bush before the Zeus was unleashed. Just creeping in on the right.
View attachment 160976
After the Zeus!
View attachment 160977
And the bonus for the day :)
View attachment 160979

That's awesome. I'm jealous! :D

VU Sponsors