Become a Patron!

What tank to buy?

Hello vapers,

I just bought my first vape, but i need a tank with it.
I ordered the Eleaf Istick 100w TC.
I'm looking for a tank that can reach 100w and have some nice flavour.
Im mostly going to vape around 40-50w, but if i feel like blowing big clouds, im going for the higher wattage.
So can someone help me out wich tank to buy?

Thanks,
----------------------
A newborn vaper.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Tfv8

VAPE ON
I wouldn't go for that personally with his set up. I love the tank but the coils require over 100 watts to get a good vape. I'm hitting mine at 140 right now. He might be better off with the TFV4 where you can hit it at 65-80 watts and get a good vape.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a Tobeco Supertank Mini, and I am very happy with the vapor production at 50w with the .2 coil. Less than 20 bucks at most online retailers. Also was impressed with the vapor from the Joyetech Ultimo tank, but it is a leaker...

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just got a Tobeco Supertank Mini, and I am very happy with the vapor production at 50w with the .2 coil. Less than 20 bucks at most online retailers. Also was impressed with the vapor from the Joyetech Ultimo tank, but it is a leaker...
Clieto is also a good cheap option. for 20 bucks hit it between 55-70 watts

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I wouldn't go for that personally with his set up. I love the tank but the coils require over 100 watts to get a good vape. I'm hitting mine at 140 right now. He might be better off with the TFV4 where you can hit it at 65-80 watts and get a good vape.

I never hit above 65 w on the tfv8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I never hit above 65 w on the tfv8

how are you getting any vapor? do you close down the air hole alot? maybe using the Q4 coils?
Even at 100 watts I don't get a good vape for the T8 coil. 120 is ok 140 is really good

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FreeMax Starre Pro
Aspire Cleito
Horizontech Cerakoat (same thing as the Cleito but reversed threading)
Horizontech Arctic V8
Tobecco Super Tank
Uwell Rafale
Smok TFV4 Micro (loving this thing)
Smok TFV8 Baby

All of those would be great tanks.
Just because your mod can indeed go to 100 watts doesn't mean you have to run it full tilt.
While doing so may indeed provide you with a different experience than lower wattages, it'll also mean shorter battery life between charges.
Finding a setup where you can run it about half of max, greatly increases your over all enjoyment.
Simply because you'll get all you want out of it as well as not have to be constantly charging or changing batteries.
(although for playing purposes, it is indeed fun to see just how full you can get an entire room of vapor)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
FreeMax Starre Pro
Aspire Cleito
Horizontech Cerakoat (same thing as the Cleito but reversed threading)
Horizontech Arctic V8
Tobecco Super Tank
Uwell Rafale
Smok TFV4 Micro (loving this thing)
Smok TFV8 Baby

All of those would be great tanks.
Just because your mod can indeed go to 100 watts doesn't mean you have to run it full tilt.
While doing so may indeed provide you with a different experience than lower wattages, it'll also mean shorter battery life between charges.
Finding a setup where you can run it about half of max, greatly increases your over all enjoyment.
Simply because you'll get all you want out of it as well as not have to be constantly charging or changing batteries.
(although for playing purposes, it is indeed fun to see just how full you can get an entire room of vapor)
The clieto is a great choice. 55-70 watts
the TFV4 is as well. i do 60-85 watts
the TFV8 is no good for his set up. to get a good vape is minimum 120 watts really. Great tank but needs a 150watt minimum box mod IMO

i'm not sure about the rest u listed

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
how are you getting any vapor? do you close down the air hole alot? maybe using the Q4 coils?
Even at 100 watts I don't get a good vape for the T8 coil. 120 is ok 140 is really good

Well I don't know lol but I use the Q4 and the RBA I really don't like the octuple coils

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well I don't know lol but I use the Q4 and the RBA I really don't like the octuple coils

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Technically u can use the rba to get a good build but the coils don't work well under 100 watts imo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you mentioned big clous, you might consider Boreas or Alleria, both are rta type tanks. This way you're not stuck with whatever premade coils are available, you can tailor the coils to give you the vape you want with the mod you have.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Trust me they work under 100w

The q4 say 90 minimum recommended so I guess if you only buy those you can use it under 100 watts. But I mean that's like buying a corvette and not driving over 20mph.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll beg to differ, but the wattage will depend on the resistance among other things. I have a Tobeco super mini rta with dual fused claptons SS wire at 0.13 ohms and it is great at 65.4 watts.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For coils I tend to find that sweet spot between the top end and low end.
Just seems to produce the best of all things.

For mods, I tend to try to stick right about in the middle.
Battery life is greatly extended running in the middle v/s running at max power.
Sure, the vet is capable of running at 180+, however the best fuel economy and life span of the engine is found about 75-90.
(who am I kidding, fuel economy in a sports car is an oxymoron)

I mean no ill intent against your comment @SirRichardRear , I was simply stealing your analogy.

With that said, I do have a few coils that I have to run just past manufacture recommendations to get the best flavor.
One example is the Stentorian SteamEngine by Wotofo.
They recommend 30-50 watts however with my juice mix I had to run it at 60 watts to get the best flavor production.
The Joyetech Cubis is recommended at 8-20 however my wife liked it best at 6.
That is until I replaced her mod and the new one didn't go that low.
She just refuses to upgrade or make any changes.
If it were up to her she'd probably still be using an ego with the T2 clearomiser.
haha

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
do you drive around at 160 because that is what the speedometer in your car goes to also?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'll beg to differ, but the wattage will depend on the resistance among other things. I have a Tobeco super mini rta with dual fused claptons SS wire at 0.13 ohms and it is great at 65.4 watts.
Those are different coils. I'm speaking superficially about the tfv8 tank coils. Ss wire has a lower resistance then kenthal hence the .13 ohm is a lot less metal to heat then the .15 ohm kenthal coils in the tfv8

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
do you drive around at 160 because that is what the speedometer in your car goes to also?
No but I also don't hit the tfv8 at the high limit of 250 watts. I stick to the recommended for the coil which is 120watts to 180 watts.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
For coils I tend to find that sweet spot between the top end and low end.
Just seems to produce the best of all things.

For mods, I tend to try to stick right about in the middle.
Battery life is greatly extended running in the middle v/s running at max power.
Sure, the vet is capable of running at 180+, however the best fuel economy and life span of the engine is found about 75-90.
(who am I kidding, fuel economy in a sports car is an oxymoron)

I mean no ill intent against your comment @SirRichardRear , I was simply stealing your analogy.

With that said, I do have a few coils that I have to run just past manufacture recommendations to get the best flavor.
One example is the Stentorian SteamEngine by Wotofo.
They recommend 30-50 watts however with my juice mix I had to run it at 60 watts to get the best flavor production.
The Joyetech Cubis is recommended at 8-20 however my wife liked it best at 6.
That is until I replaced her mod and the new one didn't go that low.
She just refuses to upgrade or make any changes.
If it were up to her she'd probably still be using an ego with the T2 clearomiser.
haha
The problem is the tfv8 has such a huge airflow even if u close it off and try to hit it at a low wattage it's worthless. The OP has a 100 watts box mod. My point was the tfv8 requires too much wattage to really be good then his box can provide so I wouldn't recommend it. He's better off with the tfv4 where he can vape at 65-80 watts and get a great vape like the tank was designed for. Rather then buy a tfv8 and tune it down to where it's worse then using the tfv4

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

It's true. The tank has too much air. It's not designed to use at low wattage. The tfv4 is a better option if you want to vape in the 80 watt range

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem is the tfv8 has such a huge airflow even if u close it off and try to hit it at a low wattage it's worthless. The OP has a 100 watts box mod. My point was the tfv8 requires too much wattage to really be good then his box can provide so I wouldn't recommend it. He's better off with the tfv4 where he can vape at 65-80 watts and get a great vape like the tank was designed for. Rather then buy a tfv8 and tune it down to where it's worse then using the tfv4

I agree with this ^^^, if what I typed said otherwise, it was an error.

VU Sponsors