Become a Patron!

What's the last Movie you saw?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
We really enjoyed it. It definitely earned all the nods it received. I had never heard of it til any of the awards shows, earlier in the year. I kept putting it off, putting it off, but so glad we watched it. I don't want to give anything away, but it really was like nothing I've seen.

Thanks, I’ll check it out. I heard about it too a while ago. :hug:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I watched this recently and damn it was good at least IMO

MV5BNjg4MjRhZjgtNTIxOS00MmRjLTg4NTEtNjBkNzkwZjAxMjMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,631,1000_AL_.jpg

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Betty Gilpin is one bad ass~!
Nice, I love when a movie has a bad ass bitch kicking ass.:idea: That reminds me, Vigilante is a good flick. Domestic abuse survivor Olivia Wilde helps women suffering the same fate by beating the shit out of these coward, women beating, pieces of trash. The only folks I want to see beat more then a women beater is a pedophile. Just puts me in a good mood :popcorn:
Oh one question @SteveS45 , what streaming service has The Hunt?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nice, I love when a movie has a bad ass bitch kicking ass.:idea: That reminds me, Vigilante is a good flick. Domestic abuse survivor Olivia Wilde helps women suffering the same fate by beating the shit out of these coward, women beating, pieces of trash. The only folks I want to see beat more then a women beater is a pedophile. Just puts me in a good mood :popcorn:
Oh one question @SteveS45 , what streaming service has The Hunt?

Thanks I will look for Vigilante~! I don't know I don't use them I Stream my Media off my Network.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Recently looked at one called 6 Under. It was an action flick, and quite a decent one. I also recently looked at the final Rambo movie, Last Blood. Thought it was a disappointing way to end the franchise of that story line. Then, well it had to end.

Don't exactly recall what the "last" movie I saw has been. I was watching videos of a Dr. Hightower pop people's bones and set their spines right last evening. Told my wife "I need that!" Boy was he ever cinching them with pain, but the good pain that lets your body heal itself and feel better. I've had a rough lifetime and never been "worked on" like that. I'd likely fall apart on first touch, oh but I think it would feel so good after.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Tarzan and the Green Goddess, in a YT premiere with live chat. Nothing could save this turkey. Not even being made in 1938. I lasted a half hour and disappeared quietly. Phooey.

And I knew about 20 people in the chat. But still, it sucked horribly. :teehee:

A few days ago my sister and me watched the movie «The Fault in Our Stars» on Netflix. I have never seen such a romantic film. My sister and i were shocked by the unpredictable end of it. I recommend watching (10/10 points) but in good quality - this movie deserves it (for example, as I am on Netflix, Amazon or any of these Premium Movies Streaming Sites ).

Last edited by a moderator:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Watched Joker last night. Never read anything about it or watched a trailer. Was expecting the usual barrage of special effects. Was very surprised with this.
Two thumbs up. Well scripted and very well acted. Misses asked after an hour "how much longer does it go for?" I reply about another hour why? "Oh good, this fantastic".
Rare she says that.
images (98).jpeg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually thought the 2nd one was a little better than the first. They're not as scary as PA, but still just as good. I'm also a big fan of Vera Farmiga from her role in Bates Motel.
I really like bates motel. My pediatric dentist looked like Norman bates when I was a kid. The original Norman Bates. Fucking creepy I tell ya

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I actually thought the 2nd one was a little better than the first. They're not as scary as PA, but still just as good. I'm also a big fan of Vera Farmiga from her role in Bates Motel.

That doll was creepy! I wonder if Netflix has the second one. Thanks! Hope you’re having fun on VU.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I really like bates motel. My pediatric dentist looked like Norman bates when I was a kid. The original Norman Bates. Fucking creepy I tell ya

My dentist’s name was Freddie, when I was a kid. I was afraid of him, mostly because he didn’t care about causing pain. But he was my Dad’s friend, so I had to go see him. :yikes:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A perfect husband on Amazon prime. Damn good twister.

Incarnate, just cuz I like horror

johngrey

Member For 3 Years
Got around to watching Eurovision. I was surprised how much I liked it. Not much of a Will Ferrell fan. Totally recommended. The bit about the elf had me in stitches.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I think 1917 was better too.
Watching Midway tonight. Hope its as good as the preview I saw.
Oh, wait, that's what it was! We watched 1917 and Midway one weekend. He liked Midway a tad bit better. Still, of the 3, I'll stick with 1917. All 3 were good, though.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Oh, wait, that's what it was! We watched 1917 and Midway one weekend. He liked Midway a tad bit better. Still, of the 3, I'll stick with 1917. All 3 were good, though.
Hi, watched Midway, give 1917 the thumbs up over it. Had a better atmosphere about it.
Tonight on our normal TV saw this...
What a great lovely story, based on true events. 2 big thumbs up. Loved it. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi, watched Midway, give 1917 the thumbs up over it. Had a better atmosphere about it.
Tonight on our normal TV saw this...
What a great lovely story, based on true events. 2 big thumbs up. Loved it. :)
I liked that one, too.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got around to watching 'sky captain and the world of tomorrow'. A little corny but fairly well done capturing an earlier era I thought.

A definite upgrade from one I saw a few nights ago, '3 day weekend'. Maybe there was something 'clever' about it that I missed since I'm neither Siskel nor Ebert. Seemed like a kind of lame unexplained plot, around 20min of movie that they then milked to death by going back and replaying the same scene from a different vantage point. For the first half of the movie I think maybe 2 words were spoken. Most of the dialogue was hand written notes. Some guy that groaned and grunted (though turns out could speak) and a deaf woman who did a combo of signing and pointing at written words. No real background music or sound track to speak of. I think like 4 guys might've made it in their backyard, I'm not sure lol. Total spoken words the entire movie may have amounted to like 7-10. The saying that comes to mind "well they can't all be winners". No, no they can't. lol

VU Sponsors