Become a Patron!

What's the last Movie you saw?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It speaks for itself. Placing a trailer, I highly recommend seeing it. Not completely doom and gloom regarding a powerful issue we all face.

This is currently streaming on Netflix. I look for it to be streaming across many platforms soon. IMHO, this is the kind of film we all need to see at our current times.

Here's something that also fits into what is being suggested.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Last night we watched Friendsgiving and laughed our asses off. Need a movie to lighten the mood this is it!

1603025029309.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Watched them back to back. Get fits of wanting to veg out to action flix. The ending of the second one was left open. I would like to see these two guys run a few more. They seem to compliment one another acting wise. Would love to see a blooper reel.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watched Hostel 3 yesterday. Didn't know the series went that far. Lol.
Watching deep impact now

Sent from a pile of wood chips

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Watched "Judy" with Renee Zellweger the other night. Renee did a great job in the role, but man, what a depressing movie. What a seriously screwed up life that poor woman had, from the time she started in movies in "The Wizard of Oz."

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pooka and Pooka lives on Hulu. Lol

Sent from a pile of wood chips

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 with my fiance last night. Nowhere near as good as the first one but still an easy watching film and again Drax was by far the best thing in it! Who'd of ever thought Batista would be the best thing in a couple of 9 figure grossing movies ?!!

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 with my fiance last night. Nowhere near as good as the first one but still an easy watching film and again Drax was by far the best thing in it! Who'd of ever thought Batista would be the best thing in a couple of 9 figure grossing movies ?!!
I liked him in "My Spy"

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
"The Comey Rule" two-part miniseries on Showtime. Jeez Louise, what a friggin mess.

Can't say much without getting political, but it was enlightening for me. A great group of actors involved in this piece: Jeff Daniels plays Jim Comey.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
"Queens Gambit" Great mini series on Netflix about an orphan girl that learned Chess from the janitor at the Orphanage.

This sounds like something I'd love. Thanks for the heads-up.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You'll like it Nada. It's a binge watch for sure. Short series. You should be able to finish it in an afternoon

I did watch the first two episodes of it last night, kept myself up FAR too late, but it was really, really good. I hope to finish it tonight. Thanks again!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You'll like it Nada. It's a binge watch for sure. Short series. You should be able to finish it in an afternoon

Well it has taken me several days, but "Queen's Gambit" was fantastic. Thank you so much for mentioning it. If it becomes available for purchase, I just might spend the money to have it forever. I just absolutely loved it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a brand new movie, but Proximity was pretty good. If you're into scifi alien encounter type stuff. No major actors or anything, surprised me with how well it turned out. Especially lately, I keep trying to give various movies a chance and been more misses than hits. It does a good job with the aliens I thought.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Movie:

Netflix TV Series:

It seems there is a historical bias that "might is right". Or possibly this is being potrayed in order to evoke, and incite rebellion in our current times. In either case it makes for some interesting entertainment at least.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read an article in my Apple News last week that listed 10 of the scariest movies according to scientists. This was supposedly based on people’s elevated heart rates as they were watching. We watched three flicks from the list and from those I determined that either I’m a lot tougher than I originally thought or everyone else is a wussy.
The Visit is a M. Night Shyamalan I’d never seen, and with good reason. It’s more humorous than frightening, about a first time weekend visit by two siblings with their creepy grandparents.
It Follows was straight up stupid, about some evil entity that follows you until you “pass it along” to someone else. The ending infuriated me because there really wasn’t one. Evidently the director got tired of filming and we must be waiting for him to return.
Sinister wasn’t bad, but I’ve certainly seen scarier. About an author who finds a box of film reels in his new house which depict the murders of any previous tenants of the home. I’d watch it again.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
"The Only Living Boy in New York" I loved it!
"The Goldfinch" I love it also!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Rewatched the Twilight Saga series. I’d forgotten how much I loved those cheesy movies.

I didn't watch them for years, thinking they'd be just terrible, but then one day I saw part of the second one and loved it! So I went back and now I've seen all of them.

I do have to say, they improved a lot after the first movie.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't watch them for years, thinking they'd be just terrible, but then one day I saw part of the second one and loved it! So I went back and now I've seen all of them.

I do have to say, they improved a lot after the first movie.
I’d forgotten so much about the last two that I was questioning whether I’d ever watched them at all. But they definitely have been now...
ive rewatched quite a few over the past few months, there’s certainly nothing new out there that interests me.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey @Teresa P miss you~!

tenor.gif

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Pride and Prejudice on Netflix

I can't believe I hadn't watched that movie before.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We’ve discovered the Harry Potter channel on Mobdro, so it’s been a “Potter-thon” since Thursday. ?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We’ve discovered the Harry Potter channel on Mobdro, so it’s been a “Potter-thon” since Thursday. ?

NBC's new streaming channel "Peacock" had all the Potter movies during the month of October. That's not a bad channel, for a freebie especially.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NBC's new streaming channel "Peacock" had all the Potter movies during the month of October. That's not a bad channel, for a freebie especially.
I thought Peacock was a subscription channel. I’ll have to look it up later.
We actually own all the Harry Potters, but having them unedited on television keeps us lazy folk from trudging downstairs to get them. ?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We actually own all the Harry Potters, but having them unedited on television keeps us lazy folk from trudging downstairs to get them. ?

Same here. My problem is that I can never find the damn DVD remote! My husband probably hid it somewhere - he appropriates things if he knows they often disappear, then they're back there in his man-cave and Lord knows I couldn't find them if I spent a week looking! lol

I used to like watching the Potter movies on ABC Family/Freeform because they were Directors' Cuts, so had scenes in them that weren't even on the DVDs. And it's so silly for someone my age, but at the holidays every year I still miss having a new Potter movie to go see. We used to get all our kids and their kids together to go to those movies. That carried on for so long that it became like a new tradition, which of course is no more now.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

They have a $5 monthly subscription which grants more access and fewer to no commercials. The free access though has a horde of content you can watch if you don't mind a few commercials. It's not riddled with commercials. Got Peacock on our Roku. We look at the free stuff.

Believe all we're paying on is the basic Netflix and Hulu subscriptions. This runs us about $15 month, Netflix's basic is $8.99 Hulu's is $5.99. We also watch Pluto Tv, Airy Tv, Tubi Tv, Comet, VuIt (for local news), Plex, Baby Boomer Tv. Airy Tv has Perry Mason, Hogan's Heroes, Godzilla channels. Also we look at STiRR which is Sinclair media. It has a decent assortment of channels like Airy/Pluto and some on demand.

Hm, last movie I saw? Deadpool 2. It was so so.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here. My problem is that I can never find the damn DVD remote! My husband probably hid it somewhere - he appropriates things if he knows they often disappear, then they're back there in his man-cave and Lord knows I couldn't find them if I spent a week looking! lol

I used to like watching the Potter movies on ABC Family/Freeform because they were Directors' Cuts, so had scenes in them that weren't even on the DVDs. And it's so silly for someone my age, but at the holidays every year I still miss having a new Potter movie to go see. We used to get all our kids and their kids together to go to those movies. That carried on for so long that it became like a new tradition, which of course is no more now.
I had never seen a Harry Potter movie until I met my husband 9 years ago. He got me hooked on them.
They have a $5 monthly subscription which grants more access and fewer to no commercials. The free access though has a horde of content you can watch if you don't mind a few commercials. It's not riddled with commercials.

Got Peacock on our Roku. We look at the free stuff. Believe all we're paying on is the basic Netflix and Hulu subscriptions. This runs us about $15 month, Netflix's basic is $8.99 Hulu's is $5.99. We also watch Pluto Tv, Airy Tv, Tubi Tv, Comet, VuIt (for local news), Plex, Baby Boomer Tv. Airy Tb has Perry Mason, Hogan's Heroes, Godzilla channels.

Hm, last movie I saw? Deadpool 2. It was so so.
I didn’t even think to check the Roku, I do most of my watching on Fire Stick. I’ll definitely look that up today, thanks!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hunting The Skinwaler

Ugh. It was a two hour snooze film. Could have summed the documentary up in two minutes.

"Look there's strange stuff what happens we still cannot explain. A lot of this happens at Skinwalker ranch and the surroundings in Utah. Valid researchers and lots of cash have not garnered any further explanations."

Left at the end of it going, "um, well d'uh."

VU Sponsors