Become a Patron!

What's the last Movie you saw?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I DL'ed Army of the Dead recently but haven't watched it yet. I have Gigabit Internet Speed and a few days ago I was trying to stream Sirius XM over my WiFi in the backyard. Kept stalling and saying site was unreachable. Was them not me because I switched to my Music Server and listened to tunes. You never know Servers could be overloaded a Router between you and them went down or someone hit a pole and Wires or Fiber is down. If you have Satellite you never know what could have screwed with the line of sight~!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Watched "In the Electric Mist" again this afternoon. Actually managed to get hubbs to sit and watch it with me - I doubt he's watched a movie since the last time we watched Harry Potter. But he likes Tommy Lee Jones, so I thought he might like Electric Mist.

I've become really fond of James Lee Burke's novels, one of which this movie is based on. Looked on Kindle Unlimited, and two of his books that I haven't read yet were there, so they are both in my library now. I can't wait to finish reading what I'm on now so I can start one of those!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0E6A3285-489F-4AA4-BB92-E4B15995C2F4.png
We enjoyed this, even though it was rather predictable. From what I’ve read about the book though the movie strays from the storyline in more than a few places...imagine that...🙄
It was actually the Maleficent movies that convinced me I didn’t really despise Angelina Jolie.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 182832
We enjoyed this, even though it was rather predictable. From what I’ve read about the book though the movie strays from the storyline in more than a few places...imagine that...🙄
It was actually the Maleficent movies that convinced me I didn’t really despise Angelina Jolie.

You might like this one, ...

Olivia Wilde walks the walk and seems to grasp the character. It isn't necessarily for younger audiences, although if they're fighting monsters that's an open notion.

I watched it and it really brought back a lot of what me and mom faced. Found myself wondering for weeks why mom never seemed to fight back. Knew she had but also knew too that the answer was fear.

Wilde is as the critics allude is fearless. She in my view is a damn fine actor/actress. Can imagine this likely was a brutally tough role.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Olivia Wilde walks the walk and seems to grasp the character. It isn't necessarily for younger audiences, although if they're fighting monsters that's an open notion.

I watched it and it really brought back a lot of what me and mom faced. Found myself wondering for weeks why mom never seemed to fight back. Knew she had but also knew too that the answer was fear.

Wilde is as the critics allude is fearless. She in my view is a damn fine actor/actress. Can imagine this likely was a brutally tough role.
Oh wow, that looks like a good one, I’ll look it up on the fire stick for tonight...thanks!

Added to my list, thanks! The last movie i watched - Acasa, my home. A bit heavy for me, made me think a lot. I love cartoons a lot, last one i rewatched - Wall-e, one of faves

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The last movie i watched - Acasa, my home. A bit heavy for me, made me think a lot. I

I checked on Roku for it. Seems a lot of the pay services got it, didn't see it on anything "free". I'll keep eyes open though. The slug line reads as something what might interest me.

Also not a movie but show series I recently stumbled over.

I been surprised. It is a really trope full series but the writers are doing an excellent job keeping it from being cliched. It very much follows Campbell's Hero's Quest plot, much the same as Lucas' Star Wars series did.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just watched this. Was not a true story but may as well have been as it portrays the Aussie goldrush days in Western Australia just like it was. There was a big Afghanistan camaliers presence then, we still have a big wild camel presence here. In fact its now known as the largest wild camel population in the world. And our Camels from WA are greatly sought after. Great outback movie. 👍👍

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Watched this last night on TV. Seen it before but was worth watching again. Great movie.

Aquaman

Member For 4 Years
Just watched 'Infinite', was pretty decent.
My boss suggested 'Buttfucking Raw', she suggested this to get the rest of the employees asses moving a little quicker.
Strange request I thought.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A supervisor/manager/director/vice president saying something like that to his/her workers would be grounds for dismissal where I work. They wouldn't DARE. That's disgraceful.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Great movie. Number 2 is out and waiting for our library to get it. No profanities either that I can recall hearing. 👍

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
At my son's suggestion, watched "Dr. Strange" on his humongous TV the other day. I liked it 'way more than I thought I would.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a lot of movies that I like. Here is a list of the last ones I really liked:
- UNCLE FRANK
- BUFFALOED
- TRUE HISTORY OF THE KELLY GANG
- THE BOYS IN THE BAND
- LET HIM GO
But my favorite is BAD BOYS FOR LIFE. This is really the funniest movie with a great plot. I don't really like science fiction or horror movies so this movie is great! I advise you to see it too, who has not seen it yet!
I watched Uncle Frank and Let Him Go, really enjoyed both. The past couple days I’ve binge watched “Them” on Prime. It only served to make me angry, not so sure I’ll catch season 2 when it does come out.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I watched Uncle Frank and Let Him Go, really enjoyed both.

Yeah, I kind of like the more cerebral homosexual romance story lines in movies. Often though you'll see those kind of stories written up as the standard "forbidden love" story trope, where they end tragically, or just leave everything in a dark limbo. Get fed up seeing homosexual love portrayed negatively.

And yes, I get it. The next thing is someone telling me, ... "well you write. What are you doing complaining? Go write positive homosexual love stories." That's all good and well and yes I likely could. Trouble being if I'm getting that "invested" I'd want to have a market.

That market isn't really there. No, instead "they" want the crappy negative ones. It's akin to Sisyphus to tackle the Atlas of the publishing industry and I'm not a martyr for a cause, sorry. Although, remind ourselves to never say never. :)

ETA: Well, just watched it. Too much dust in my eyes. But it was a nice story. Yes, there was darker elements but in all it was a good way to end the story. :) Especially liked the scene where Frank went "before" his mom. The actor doing the portrayal nailed it.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
faa5e1f4756d156f625549c1741322f9.dng

Getting ready for this

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 182832

I also thought she did a good job in Maleficent. I'm about to watch "The Tourist" on Netflix, so we'll see how that one is.

ETA: Couldn't watch "The Tourist." I lasted about 15 or 20 minutes. Johnny Depp acting like a moron just got on my last nerve.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally got a break for both me & wife. We finally watched John Wick 3 & now await the fourth, if it is forthcoming. If not still worth every second of action the three movies portrayed.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The hubby and I watched Eternals at the theater. Both of us nearly fell asleep during the first half of it. The end was left open, meaning there will be a part 2, but we ain't looking forward to it. The movie storyline was stale, the action was even boring. In any movie where Earth is in peril, why would they leave out the population? It looked a low budget attempt at a sci-fi movie that should have been left on the cutting room floor.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not a movie, but any Dexter fans around who don't know that "New Blood" started on Showtime yesterday?

First episode was pretty good. I want to watch it again.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Saw this one this morning. Damned if the room didn't get all dusty as hell all the way through it.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The hubby and I watched Eternals at the theater. Both of us nearly fell asleep during the first half of it. The end was left open, meaning there will be a part 2, but we ain't looking forward to it. The movie storyline was stale, the action was even boring. In any movie where Earth is in peril, why would they leave out the population? It looked a low budget attempt at a sci-fi movie that should have been left on the cutting room floor.
Im over those type. I used to like that type of movie but they are getting very stale in my opinion. Like Zombies and Vampires, how hard is it to make up a different villain or Monster!?
Or super hero.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Watched this, this afternoon here.
It was one of the most confronting, thought provoking and moving movies I have seen in yrs.
My misses agreed. Simple, but worth more than two thumbs up.
I only got it by chance not knowing what it was about.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can't believe how long this thread has been quiet!

I'm watching the movie "Stronger" on The Roku Channel now. It's based on the true story of Jeff Baumann, who was standing right next to one of the bombs that went off during the Boston Marathon, and lost both his legs at the knee. Jake Gyllenhaal plays Jeff and he's done a great job. It's intense, but definitely worth a watch.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I watched the Quentin Tarantino movie- Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, starring Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio .
Strange quirky movie story line about a Hollywood star and his stunt double buddy that become intertwined with Sharon Tate and Charles Manson.
Nothing else on TV so I watched this movie- It was an OK movie, action packed , we all know about Charles Manson and Sharon Tate, but this movie has a different spin on those events.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd seen the original Escape Room so when I spotted Escape Room: Tournament of Champions (sequel) I dvr'd it and was looking forward to it. It was eh. Not that the first was some masterpiece but it was a fun movie to watch with plot twists and suspense as they navigated their way through. The second movie just felt rushed somehow. Like yea yea, here's some people, here's a bunch of puzzles, hurry to get to the end and oh look it's open ended for possibly a third. Just lacking the same well thought out connection that tied the first one together imo.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somehow missed it until now, watched one last night. A Brilliant Young Mind with Asa Butterfield. Been pretty happy with his characters in a number of movies, it was a little slow moving but overall a good movie. Dealing with a math whiz who has autism, his growing up and overcoming social struggles.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Few weekends ago, went with my son to watch the new Matrix movie, it was good, and my son really enjoyed it, but sure wasn't a mind blowing movie like the 1st 3.
I saw that months ago and it was just OK, Didn't have the punch or action the others did.

VU Sponsors