Become a Patron!

When I vape it burns my tongue :( *HELP :3*

Vape Naysh

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey guys and girls,

when I vape my new priv v8 with 0.25ohm and it says 30-50W (Priv V8 is 60W!..) so when I vape it for more then 2 seconds it burns my tongue

please help

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unregulated your options to cool the vape are more air.... or bigger coil or higher ohm(less watts).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is there any way to get my tongue not to burn
Yeah reduce exposure to whatever is burning it. vaporized EJUICE is burning your tongue. ... right...... therefore reduce the amount and heat and concentration of the juice being vaporized.

Vape Naysh

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah reduce exposure to whatever is burning it. vaporized EJUICE is burning your tongue. ... right...... therefore reduce the amount and heat and concentration of the juice being vaporized.

How? I use a Priv V8 kit, i cant rlly adjust anything but airflow >.<

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How? I use a Priv V8 kit, i cant rlly adjust anything but airflow >.<
You change the coil to one that will run a bit cooler...... Ie at less wattage which would mean a higher ohm coil. Higher the ohm the lower the wattage output of your mod.. ohm is how you adjust power. ... the next would be to use a coil that contains more metal Mass..... more mass requires more power to get hot.. so a coil that runs at full 60 watts of your mod anything .29ohm or less..is too hot the next one can still be .29ohm and same wattage if it bigger.... because it will require more power than your 60 watts to get more metal as hot..

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The only way to reduce the heat is to inhale a whole lot faster so it cools the coil as you're puffing. As your battery dies it will get less hot as well, at 3.7v nominal voltage it should be around 50 watts, you'll probably enjoy it more around the 3.6v range so it starts to go in range for your coil..

Another option is to buy higher ohm coils for that tank, not sure what is offered but something in the .3 to .4 range should be decent.

Vape Naysh

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only way to reduce the heat is to inhale a whole lot faster so it cools the coil as you're puffing. As your battery dies it will get less hot as well, at 3.7v nominal voltage it should be around 50 watts, you'll probably enjoy it more around the 3.6v range so it starts to go in range for your coil..

Another option is to buy higher ohm coils for that tank, not sure what is offered but something in the .3 to .4 range should be decent.
how much faster... like alot? ill get rlly scared when i hear that crackeling noise

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You change the coil to one that will run a bit cooler...... Ie at less wattage which would mean a higher ohm coil. Higher the ohm the lower the wattage output of your mod.. ohm is how you adjust power. ... the next would be to use a coil that contains more metal Mass..... more mass requires more power to get hot.. so a coil that runs at full 60 watts of your mod anything .29ohm or less..is too hot the next one can still be .29ohm and same wattage if it bigger.... because it will require more power than your 60 watts to get more metal as hot..

Or get a rebuilable atomizer and build the coil to run the way you want....

Or get a Variable power mod....... imo required for atties using disposable coil heads....... if you can't adjust the coil you need to be able to adjust the power fed to the coil.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how much faster... like alot? ill get rlly scared when i hear that crackeling noise

Make sure the air flow is wide open. You can inhale as fast as you want, the faster you go the cooler the vape will get.

Another thing you can do to cool it down is leave a little gap between your lips and the drip tip so when you inhale you also get a bit of air passing through the gap. Doing this means you don't have to inhale as fast, you can control the total air flow by using a bit more or less gap.

As battery voltage drops the power level will drop and the vape will cool from that.

Try it and see, you can't hurt yourself. And don't worry about the crackling. That is normal with a new, clean head installed. It will subside as you put more juice through it.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

Vape Naysh

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Make sure the air flow is wide open. You can inhale as fast as you want, the faster you go the cooler the vape will get.

Another thing you can do to cool it down is leave a little gap between your lips and the drip tip so when you inhale you also get a bit of air passing through the gap. Doing this means you don't have to inhale as fast, you can control the total air flow by using a bit more or less gap.

As battery voltage drops the power level will drop and the vape will cool from that.

Try it and see, you can't hurt yourself. And don't worry about the crackling. That is normal with a new, clean head installed. It will subside as you put more juice through it.

Let us know how it goes.
so basically when im inhaling i dont touch my lips off the drip tip? okay ill try that

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so basically when im inhaling i dont touch my lips off the drip tip? okay ill try that

Your lips need to touch the DT a bit or you won't be able to pull any air through the device. Just leave a bit of an air gap so a bit of air bleeds through. Experiment with more and less gap and see how it goes.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
What brand of eliquid are you using?
What flavor is it and what is the nicotine level?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I usually only burn my tongue if the hole inside my drip tip is aimed too directly toward my tongue. Try to aim it slightly more upward by tilting it like that, and try to not curb your tongue too much.

EDIT: And yes, suck hard enough so then it doesn't burn in the top of your mouth instead.

vaporscout

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your lips need to touch the DT a bit or you won't be able to pull any air through the device. Just leave a bit of an air gap so a bit of air bleeds through. Experiment with more and less gap and see how it goes.
the best way I have found to do this is to put my lips on the driptip then smile a little, that way ir comes in the sides of your mouth while you vape

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh you could also try letting your juice age or steep a bit longer before vaping....... can sometime help with the mouth feel....

Vape Naysh

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All great comments thank you guys I’m noticing I can take decent drags without burning my self when my battery is low (cuz it lowers the wattage)

VU Sponsors