Become a Patron!

Which batteries to choose uwell crown 4

VertVapen

What batteries to buy for my uwell crown 4 tank whit the vaporesso gen x mod?
I been looking at the LG 18650HE2 2500MAH IMR 20 as this are in the store in my country but are there any differences since i need 2 batteries in the mod because alle recomendations i see do not appael to either there is 1 or 2 batteries for vaping at 60-70watts.
I Did a mistake and took som batteries from the store i ordered the vape from and There are 2 batteries Efest, IMR18650, 3000mAh 35A and
2 batteries Efest 25EF 18650 2500mAh 25A
I havent got the mod yet but are this last 2 battery types ok to use for a uwell crown 4 whit vaping at 50-70watts i think.
Or should i get rid of the batteries i ordered and Just buy other ones?

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and welcome to the forum-
I would not get the Efest batteries- not battery mooch approved, they are rewraps and usually the ratings listed are not the performance of these batteries.
The LG are better but they will be constantly need to be charged at vaping 60 w. You should buy at least 4 batteries- 2 and 2 that are always kept together(married) . You will need and external battery charger to keep a set charged up while vaping the other set in the mod. Best not to use the mod's usb charging, it is never recommended to do that

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Which batteries should I use, and where should I buy them?

That's a reddit link, still good basic info despite.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hi and welcome to the forum-
I would not get the Efest batteries- not battery mooch approved, they are rewraps and usually the ratings listed are not the performance of these batteries.
The LG are better but they will be constantly need to be charged at vaping 60 w. You should buy at least 4 batteries- 2 and 2 that are always kept together(married) . You will need and external battery charger to keep a set charged up while vaping the other set in the mod. Best not to use the mod's usb charging, it is never recommended to do that

In years past Mooch has reported some fake LG HE2 batteries. Not sure I'd get those either. OP, are those the only choices you have? In my opinion, none of them are actually GOOD choices.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The ones I use. They seem to do well for single, or dual cell use. I call them "Molly Cell/s". Run most of my mechanical single cell squonkers on these now. I think Molicel even makes the 20700 ones I use a bit. And yeah, get them from IMR to be sure you're getting authentic batteries.

IMR does re-wrap but they also randomly spot check with the companies to ensure integrity. They re-wrap to use more durable wrap material and manage their own inventory. They do not re-wrap to defraud. IMR is on the up and up. level, legit.

About $20 USD get you (2) two packs of 18650s. Don't use anything Efest or with Fire in the name as far as batteries. Also avoid any with dog fart in the names, not that I've seen any but you never know. :)

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You'd be best off getting four batteries.

An external charger is recommended
many multi battery mods aren't good at charging with the usb port.
it will charge them but often unevenly and not all the way to 4.2 volts.

The extra set of batteries are important for a couple different reasons.
If you only have two one of the cells could fail leaving you with nothing to vape with.
also you can be vaping even after the first set of batteries needs to be charged

you can have a set in the mod and a set in on charge.
Switch them back and forth as needed.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Although countless arguments can be made in favor of not charging the batteries inside the mod, IMO it should nevertheless be noted that the Vaporesso GEN X mod does in fact do balanced charging, correctly, despite that there is still a small imbalance there.

As for which batteries to choose, the most important factor is how many watts you vape at. As a general rule of thumb, a pair of Sony/Murata VTC6 or pair of Samsung 30Q batteries in a regulated mod can handle up to 90W with adequate safety. But the vaping time you will get is part dependent of the efficiency of the batteries, which, in turn, mainly depends on how hard you push the batteries. If, for example, you vape at 80W on a pair of Samsung 30Q batteries with a regulated mod, then you should be able to notice a bit of improvement by switching to a pair of Molicel P26A batteries─in spite of the fact that the latter choice of battery is only 2600mAh vs 3000mAh for the former.

That's just because the latter is a 25A battery vs only 15A for the former, so a pair of the latter ones can handle up to 150W (i.e., 25A multiplied by three, multiplied by two batteries in the GEN X) with adequate safety in a regulated mod, which also explains why vaping at 80W will be pushing them less hard when compared to vaping the same mod at 80W on a pair of the former ones, as pulling 80W from a pair of batteries that can handle 90W (or 15A times three times two batteries) is pushing the batteries much harder than is pulling 80W from a pair that can do 150W. The efficiency of a battery improves if you push it less hard. So much so, a 2600mAh battery can run for longer than a 3000mAh one.

Further, if you don't give the batteries much time to cool back down again each time after you take a few hits, then a battery with a noticeably lower amp rating is going to run at higher temperatures as a result from their being pushed harder. The warmer the battery gets, the faster it ages. As long as the batteries don't reach above 45 degrees Celsius, you shouldn't expect the batteries to age faster than what could be considered to be "average level" aging speed. But you can still get them to age much slower than this "average level", i.e. either by choosing to wait longer between hits or by choosing to buy the batteries that have the higher amp rating. Pulling less amps from a battery also translates to pushing the battery less hard. So, even though keeping the battery temperature down reasonably low above room temperature level is still the most important factor when it comes to battery aging, staying well below the amp rating of this same battery also plays a part in this regard.

Finally, if you don't charge the batteries all the way up to 4.2V each time when you charge them, like for example if, usually, you only charge them up to 90%-95%, then they will age even slower. And, if you also try to avoid charging your batteries far too long before (e.g., more than a day before) you will actually be using them, vaping at 80W on the GEN X with a pair of Molicel P26A batteries should make these batteries last for several many years to come. It could be easily up to 4-5 years if you take excellent care of your batteries.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors