Become a Patron!

Which vape device is the best for beginners? Should I begin with pens or use pod mod?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
xmas eve in uk, my dad was 37 my mum 35 i was 6 brother was 4 sister was 18months, we were in our car it turned midnight, dad said from the top of this hump backed bridge we can see our house you have all been so good we have lots of suprises for you. we topped the hill. the inside of the cat went white, a tractor coming the other way blinded dad, he hit brakes, car skidded in snow and went through the old stone side of the bridge, i awoke from a coma after i had been given the last rights 6 weeks later. my family were buried as i was still in the coma. first words i heard were from a f@@@ing catholic priest saing god needed your family more than you. he was f123ing wrong. i hate religion with a passion. and i never celibrate that bloody hypocritical day...never.

I too have a certain disdain for religion. Got sent to Mennonite Summer Bible camp. They would "kidnap" us kids with parental consent for four days and three nights. We went to some Amish and helped put up barns.

It wasn't that which soured me to the faith. There's a lot more to that. Suffice it to say I'm just a selectively apathetic agnostic now. I've dabbled enough in most major and some lesser known religions to know none really suit me.

Find if we use humanitarian core principles, empathy, compassion, respect, dignity, equanimity, freedom of choice, then there's no real need of religion. Yes, we need to be moral and ethical. Well we don't explicitly need to be. It helps that we agree some stuff is evil, wrong though. Quick example, most of the world over murder is wrong, rape is wrong, harming children is wrong.

That doesn't say killing is necessarily wrong, nor does killing equate to murder, Murder is knowing you have advantage and can be merciful, not kill, yet killing those unable to defend. Killing might be protecting yourself & loved ones from someone intent on doing you harm, or murdering you.

Sorry but not able to see any way to justify rape or harming children. Well, disciplining children but that isn't to be harmful. Yes, a thin line between discipline and abuse.

So yes I agree that religion needs to be held in less esteem than it is. I can respect others believing what they want. Can do that until they start cramming their belief unto me, or using that belief for genocide, ethnic cleansing, murder, massacres and so on. I'm sure you know of evils well enough. Evil can exist in the world without religion, it becomes all the more potent with religion.

Use self control, young man. How much you puff is up to you. The nicotine level of the juice you use is up to you. You have options. If you mix your own juice, you get even better control over what goes into it.
I don't know how people restrain themselves. I would try self-control. Let’s see if it works for me.

This means you can easily refill them without need of being locked in to buy more pods &\ devices from a manufacture. Here's an example of a closed pod system. I do not shill nor do any affiliate stuff for my links, ever. I just do not do that. What links I post are for information only. Here's an example of an open pod system.

I suggest open pod systems because this frees up a user to bring their own juice. That has economic and verification benefits. You never know what some black market vendor might put in a closed pod system. Use an open pod system you can know what you put in so long as you trust your juice source.

It helps economically in that you're not dropping $20 to $60 a day to vape even modestly like I do. You can get a non-disposable kit instead of a disposable one. It is kind of a halfway point to dropping $60 - $100 once a year maybe to get a durable kit and consumable supplies.

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken." - Going Postal, Chapter 4 prologue

And in my estimation Mr. Terry Pratchett deserves immortality. It was his writing that assured me I knew my Pap. Still weep reading of the Wee Free Men. Aye, live on Mr. Terry Pratchett, live on!

A durable kit would be like one of the two Signature Tips squonk mods I recently acquired, or the Furyan mod. There's a minor annoyance with the Furyan, you need to use a proprietary squonk bottle for it. They cost around $10 each. It's minor enough to be just a little nag but nothing more.

My squonk bottles run the range of 6 ml to 10 ml capacity. You learn in squonking that you deduct about .5 ml from that. This is used for the tubing, rod used to draw up juice to the RDA from squonking the bottle. Fill the bottle and the tubing, displaces a bunch of juice when you go to place it in the mod.

These mods if looked after with some basic maintenance can last years. The bottles might go a year, maybe. But you can replace the bottles reasonably easier than go buy a mod if out of juice. And bottles can be refilled for that time too so there's that.
After reading what you had to say I totally agree with you. This time I would be more aware of the things I buy.

Yes, that can be done. More oft than not there's no real way to get addicted to flavors. What could addict is nicotine & that can be addictive like caffeine in coffee.

I used to drink pots and pots of coffee daily years ago. Now, I might go two weeks or more without even a cup, or I might have three days I have a cup, maybe two.

My point is I'm no longer addicted to it. Yes, I can still enjoy it from time to time. I've become rather moderate in living, even in moderation itself. :)

As pointed out by others, controlling yourself, self discipline is key. Sometimes I think I'm really one to talk regarding self discipline. Had I more of it I might be built like a solid rock & able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. ;) :D

Bah, I'm human and have compassion with myself. Can also accept me for me. :)
I fully understand your viewpoint. Self-control I would try. Hope it works for me.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
TL;DRV: Yes, I see the angle. I raise and call. When someone thinks they got an upper hand, you break it. Streams erode mountains by gently washing them to the seas, oceans. Run 'er slow because slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is lethal. Not all dumb Hillbillies are. *blank stare*

Thought it was generosity & compassion, not patience. Never had much use of patience. Hm, now I have it. "Ain't that something?" *grins*

I've noted a theme in the interrogation. And yes, know enough of constabulary to realize it isn't any longer a polite interview. How so would I know such?

Well at one point my biological father father instilled twenty years of private eye experience. Have also been around police, military, para-military types nearly all my life. A person "picks up" stuff.

A family friend was a cop. He caught me at something once. All it took was him threatening to tell my grandma, I flew right after that.

Of course, I shocked him by getting of his cuffs in under ten seconds. Had they been to my front it likely would have been less than five. He knew though the home situation, knew that I survive.

Now cops use zip ties. They're just a little more difficult, still egress able though. Ah but I'm driveling all over the road.

Note the theme yes. Not minding for maybe some of my own ulterior motive/s. No, not all of them involve a live chicken, cool whip, and a weed wacker.

Sometimes a person likes to watch and see where a path goes. A journey in itself can be the destination. :) Learning some of myself, more than I knew.

Also recalling a movie called Eyes in the Fire. It was strangely about witchcraft, though it seemed to have a lycan theme. What does that have to do with an interrogation here?

"Wolves only come so close at night. You see your reflection from their eyes in the fire." That was one of the lines of the movie. I don't mind holding up a mirror. *grin*

Some might understand that. Those knowing won't say. Come play another day. Rain, rain, go away! :) Oh how you eat my withered brain. Your mercy is found to be a drain. Please let me hop the train. Yes, quite insane. :)

*sighs*

Tired, want held, might like a beer as well just for the sake of a beer. No bar, pub, club. Take me drunk, I'm not as home as you thunk I am.
as edgar allan poe said as they buried his wife "my love she sleeps, how deep she sleeps, may the worms in her head slowly creep"

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
as edgar allan poe said as they buried his wife "my love she sleeps, how deep she sleeps, may the worms in her head slowly creep"

Always been fond of this bit, ...

"It was early spring, warm and sultry glowed the afternoon. The very breezes seemed to share the delicious langour of universal nature, are laden the various and mingled perfumes of the rose and the –essaerne (?), the woodbine and its wildflower. They slowly wafted their fragrant offering to the open window where sat the lovers. The ardent sun shoot fell upon her blushing face and its gentle beauty was more like the creation of romance or the fair inspiration of a dream than the actual reality on earth. Tenderly her lover gazed upon her as the clusterous ringlets were edged (?) by amorous and sportive zephyrs and when he perceived (?) the rude intrusion of the sunlight he sprang to draw the curtain but softly she stayed him. ‘No, no, dear Charles,’ she softly said, ‘much rather you’ld I have a little sun than no air at all.'”

Seem to recall another similar bit. Charles tells her the contents of a picnic basket. Both pieces were ciphered and yes Poe purloined from Addison in the first cipher. The other two have been suggested as Poe retorting to one of Addison's poems.

Would Addison have cracked the cipher? Would bet it no more than childish amusement for him. That noted even the clear is still a cipher, an enigma unto itself wrapped in a riddle. Think Addison would have been able to discern Poe's motive, intent, meaning.

Ah but, ... :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Don't mean to speak out of turn, but @Smoky Blue exclusively uses Flavorah flavorings, which are super concentrated, and sometimes the percentages she uses are so small, it is more accurate to count drops than it is to use a scale. Sometimes she is here quite a bit, but then sometimes she is busy elsewhere for a week or more at a time; otherwise I wouldn't take the liberty of trying to speak for her. And I will happily stand corrected if anything I said is incorrect.

Love ya @nadalama wow do I need to catch everyone up..

I haven't created any new recipes in months.. no need. No, do not panic. I am doing a lot of solos.. with creams or ice.. some of my older recipes.. but new creations, I just do not have the time. I have also dropped my nic, since New Years, and I do not regret it!!

I have a new business going on.. and it's nothing at all to do with vaping. I also get to travel every now and then, woots!! I hang out with legends, and listen to music.. meeting all kinds of people and new friends.. It's a blast.. I am also sewing up cases covers and bags.. I learned how to repair vintage sewing machines lol..

I'm much happier.. been sick with the flu for the last week +/- so I'm in recovery mode right now.. nopes was not covid.. I am still around.. just busy.. :)

Hi @MyMagicMist

In comparison to superior vaping kits, disposable vapes do not have any buttons and need no recharging. Once the entire e-liquid has been used, you can throw away the vapes. It is on account of these reasons that disposable vapes are becoming increasingly popular. Those who make disposable vapes aim at offering users an effortless and amazing smoking experience. A disposable vape offers the same number of puffs as a pack of 20 cigarettes. A disposable vape is made of three essential components: coil, pod, and battery. The power of the battery varies from 400mAh to 750mAh, which suffices to use up the entire e-liquid present in a disposable vape. Disposable vapes are small, slim, and compact, which accounts for their portability. Also, they are light unlike some of the bulky and weighty devices that people are forced to carry. In the case of a disposable vape, you may not even feel its presence when it is there in your pocket.

Hope this is helpful.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi @MyMagicMist

In comparison to superior vaping kits, disposable vapes do not have any buttons and need no recharging. Once the entire e-liquid has been used, you can throw away the vapes. It is on account of these reasons that disposable vapes are becoming increasingly popular. Those who make disposable vapes aim at offering users an effortless and amazing smoking experience. A disposable vape offers the same number of puffs as a pack of 20 cigarettes. A disposable vape is made of three essential components: coil, pod, and battery. The power of the battery varies from 400mAh to 750mAh, which suffices to use up the entire e-liquid present in a disposable vape. Disposable vapes are small, slim, and compact, which accounts for their portability. Also, they are light unlike some of the bulky and weighty devices that people are forced to carry. In the case of a disposable vape, you may not even feel its presence when it is there in your pocket.

Hope this is helpful.

Aye, quite the help your post was at that.

Using nicotine ought naught be so convenient as you seem keen upon making it with pods. Granted, I do see how that level of convenience could be of use to some folks. That noted, I still hold that use of nicotine ought to require a bit of inconvenience.

If you make your product so convenient to use, it is far more likely to be used by the wrong folks. We all desire to protect children from nicotine use, or so the standard social justice chants go. Seems all the governments worldwide desire banning vaping by responsible adults to "save the children!"

Ah, but there's the rub, how can manufactures and sales people still profit? Keep pumping all these blasted convenient and disposable products that anyone have immediate and indiscriminate use of them. Of course, it is likely you can offer no remedy either. Corporations are legally obligated to draw a return on investment, profit. Damn, how that profit comes, eh?

Yes, the game has its rules. Life though doesn't have to suffer unto the game if the players remain morally and ethically sound. And that's ultimately it, too, no one wants to care because caring provides no profit. Oi, so much the pity.

My apologies for seemingly ripping a new one. Your post though did help in as much as it clearly demonstrates a key point regarding the vaping industry, or the business end at least. Same old, "business as usual". That completely spoils any notion of vaping being to help, to be different, new, innovative. Seeing that is so disheartening, frustrating.

Quis prodest? Big Tobacco, Big Pharma, Big Government, Big Legal, Big Medical will all benefit, let the proletariat "carry the can". Thank you, Mr. Rockefeller.

Bah, just for that, ...

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
xmas eve in uk, my dad was 37 my mum 35 i was 6 brother was 4 sister was 18months, we were in our car it turned midnight, dad said from the top of this hump backed bridge we can see our house you have all been so good we have lots of suprises for you. we topped the hill. the inside of the cat went white, a tractor coming the other way blinded dad, he hit brakes, car skidded in snow and went through the old stone side of the bridge, i awoke from a coma after i had been given the last rights 6 weeks later. my family were buried as i was still in the coma. first words i heard were from a f@@@ing catholic priest saing god needed your family more than you. he was f123ing wrong. i hate religion with a passion. and i never celibrate that bloody hypocritical day...never.

Geordie, I don't know why I got an email notification on this thread. I don't think I have it checked to watch, but something came in a couple of days ago.

This is the first I have seen of the full story of the tragedy you have touched on only briefly here and there. There are no words I can think of to fully describe what you endured.

What I wonder (without craven rubberneck interest) is what happened the day you left the hospital, where you went, who brought you up. I am NOT asking for details, nor asking you to bring up the old pain. It's just that you turned out to be a good person, with compassion for this world. To me that is the most remarkable thing under those circumstances.

Not that I agree with everything you ever say in the forum. You and I have had disagreements a time or two, but I feel I can recognize good character when I encounter it.

Wishing you the best.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Geordie, I don't know why I got an email notification on this thread. I don't think I have it checked to watch, but something came in a couple of days ago.

This is the first I have seen of the full story of the tragedy you have touched on only briefly here and there. There are no words I can think of to fully describe what you endured.

What I wonder (without craven rubberneck interest) is what happened the day you left the hospital, where you went, who brought you up. I am NOT asking for details, nor asking you to bring up the old pain. It's just that you turned out to be a good person, with compassion for this world. To me that is the most remarkable thing under those circumstances.

Not that I agree with everything you ever say in the forum. You and I have had disagreements a time or two, but I feel I can recognize good character when I encounter it.

Wishing you the best.
i was asked who of my family i wanted to be my guardians. i got refused on my choices as say 1 uncle was divorced the other was too old etc i went to a boarding school then lived my mums sister, i served my time as a sheetmetal worker and eventually i opened my own business after i had emigrated to australia. growing up was hard, i was moved from school to school. i knew nobody, they did not know me. it was a struggle. i attempted suicide a few times as i could not understand why my parents would not let me go with them i visited the gravesite loads of times, but as soon as i reached the gate, i turned away. i have never been to the grave site. when i think back to being told god needed my family more than me, thats when i lost it. i often think that my parents never got to see what i turned out like, its strange, i often look at my mother and i am pleased she died at 32, why? i could not bear to watch her age and suffer. nobody will understand that and yes i know it sounds strange, what changed my life made me despise the church but not after i spent 20 yrs studying all the religions. yes i am an athiest but i am i suppose agnostic. i have never been to russia but i know i can go there. meaning if there is really something there or you can see it, touch it, feel it..then i will accept it... if it is not feasible i wont. and please to all that may see this....what you believe in..i respect...what i believe in you respect.
my life has ben pain, tears.anger. being alone. yes i know, we all have problems.i tend to think different as i had to find answers myself, i should have died 3 times, two brain anurysms removed, i kidney failing, then a severe heart attack that put me in critical care and resulted in major operations and implants etc. 31 tablets a week for life.i met a girl at 15, we married at 22 we came to australia with nothing as i refused to touch anything my parents left me yes even houses.i worked 28 hrs a day every day we brought 2 daughters over from england and had a 3 rd in australia, i started my own business after 2 yrs of being here, i built it up to a position of doing multi million contracts. i found out my wife had an affair. i picked uo my keys walked out, slept in my office.that brought me back to this world i dont want to be in....cont

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

Wishing you the best.
i say things as i see them, i walked through a park seeing a lady shivering i offered her money food she said no thank you. then she said could i get her a coffee. i was rushing so i looked in my pocket i had a 12 buck note, i gave it to her. 3 days later,walking through the same park, i heard a voice calling me. i looked around it was the lady. she smiled said thank you and put the 7 bucks change in my hand and walked away, i cried for 3 bloody days! io tracked her down and helped her, i tried to conceal myself and made it look like others wee helping. she found out it was me, anyway she now has a house and a nice car and is happy
that showed me people hurt. that showed mei could do something..it gave me a reason i suppose.
look i am honest and truthful, but nothing special. i just try. and i often wonder with health crap, why,how am i here? its a strange feeling but i can talk to someone for minuets and i will know a lot. i have woke up and made phone c alls in the middle of the night as i have sensed something, look bliss, you will probably call me an butt wipe wanker next week, i will only smile at it, i wont hurt or harm anyone, yes i may walk away from them but i dont bare grudges well there is one i still have (thats why i cant die yet lol)
i am me, i just say what i feel, its the only way i know. yes there are 3 people in this room that i really dont like because of things they have said to me, but i will always click like on some of their posts.
ok bliss, i think i have not told you muck, but if you want to know m,ore them please pm me. i thank you for your best wishes and if you could pm me an answer to your e mail as in who it was roughly as in a roomie etc. no names i am just curious and wonder why you would get a e mail like that? i dont talk about my past so it is confusing me.
thank you x

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile

Wishing you the best.
thank you.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
look bliss, you will probably call me an butt wipe wanker next week...

Geordie! When have I ever called you or anybody a butt wipe wanker on this forum? Gawd.

I can't imagine it has been easy for you to write this all out to share your history. It has my heart folded and crimped ten ways.

To explain the notification I mentioned, nobody sent me info about you. When you participate in a thread, post any reply, it automatically checks the "watch" box, so that when you are logged in you get an email whenever anybody has replied to the thread. When I got one of those about this thread (someone's post unrelated to yours) I read through the whole thread to figure out if I'd ever even participated in it. That's when I came across your post about the night when everything changed for you.

Onward I guess, and still wishing you many blessings.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
thank you.
thank you.
oops i meant a 10 buck note lol
Geordie! When have I ever called you or anybody a butt wipe wanker on this forum? Gawd.

I can't imagine it has been easy for you to write this all out to share your history. It has my heart folded and crimped ten ways.

To explain the notification I mentioned, nobody sent me info about you. When you participate in a thread, post any reply, it automatically checks the "watch" box, so that when you are logged in you get an email whenever anybody has replied to the thread. When I got one of those about this thread (someone's post unrelated to yours) I read through the whole thread to figure out if I'd ever even participated in it. That's when I came across your post about the night when everything changed for you.

Onward I guess, and still wishing you many blessings.
thank you bliss, ok ok you may call me those names and i will still smile, being serious, thank you miss bliss xx

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
thank you.
thank you.
oops i meant a 10 buck note lol

Wishing you the best.
by the way, you have a beautiful smile.

I suggest open pod systems because this frees up a user to bring their own juice. That has economic and verification benefits. You never know what some black market vendor might put in a closed pod system. Use an open pod system you can know what you put in so long as you trust your juice source.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Witcher_Fuck.jpeg

i used to confound my little brothers with a single word answer. "Because." They learned quickly that it was best they just go figure out for themselves.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some reason to mimic me? I know I posted exactly this before, verbatim. The mods can locate it being independent third parties. Curious why you want to mimic?

Moderator edited out the spammer broomnest post

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors