Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool!..we still have a '88 Chev S-10 that I just installed a new serpentine belt on, with a synthetic oil change (Royal Purple)..it's a beater but the 2.8 V6/5sp still runs great..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
It's not the belt. Itssome fuky little part rubbing and I don't know what/why. Being car dumb sucks lol. It won't move either direction and it wasn't rubbing before last night

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not the belt. Itssome fuky little part rubbing and I don't know what/why. Being car dumb sucks lol. It won't move either direction and it wasn't rubbing before last night

Have you checked the idler pulley?
I had to replace that about 1yr ago for making noise and uneven wear on the belt..can you post a pic of it maybe?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you checked the idler pulley?
I had to replace that about 1yr ago for making noise and uneven wear on the belt..

Yup it's actually the pulley in front of the oil pan. Some sensor is rubbing her.
c34e9e86542e2bda2206f8d5b6dcba7c.jpg
a353286c0e0827ad53a1d77ebf181f79.jpg
those two "teeth" are what's hitting it. Color me confused.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
4 minutes left, I can actually say good morning for a change.

Good morning.
:blowkiss::inlove:
Yup it's actually the pulley in front of the oil pan. Some sensor is rubbing her.
c34e9e86542e2bda2206f8d5b6dcba7c.jpg
a353286c0e0827ad53a1d77ebf181f79.jpg
those two "teeth" are what's hitting it. Color me confused.

Looks like the bearing in the pulley might be shot if its only hitting on the 2 teeth

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If he moves that sensor would it effect engine timing, as in both fuel injection and ignition?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Yep, on injected vehicles there are two sensors that affect timing, the crank sensor and the camshaft sensor.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats a rough job, if the holes on the sensor are slotted he might be able to slide it away from it, if not maybe get a new sensor. Usually when something is only hitting off a couple teeth something is off balance and seeing as how it is the crank.....yeah

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The holes in the sensor, are they slotted or just through holes?
From the angle I can see the only holes are bolt holes. And the clip hole. I unclipped it and took her around the block. No problems. Fucking Ford lol useless sensors that randomly start rubbing shit

My dad (when he was still in my life) had a old f-100. So many "computer" issues with such a old truck lol

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looked into it a touch. This is on the bottom of the engine and is grinding them teeth off. If it is a sensor of any real sort it's fucked anyway.

If it were me, I would stop by the dealer and get them to do a look/see, after all they work on them all day everyday, get a opinion, and then you can decide.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it were me, I would stop by the dealer and get them to do a look/see, after all they work on them all day everyday, get a opinion, and then you can decide.
Ford dealer ships around here suck. Ran by druggies. Gonna have the sisters bf come look at her when he gets off work

ETA thanks for the attempted help but I figured her out in the best way. Took the useless slut off with no issues and no check engine light or anything

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From the angle I can see the only holes are bolt holes. And the clip hole. I unclipped it and took her around the block. No problems. Fucking Ford lol useless sensors that randomly start rubbing shit

My dad (when he was still in my life) had a old f-100. So many "computer" issues with such a old truck lol

I have an 03 Expedition, I had to replace the whole fuse panel cause ford engineers had this brilliant idea lets hard solder the fuel pump relay.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oil change went good. The bolt stayed square this time (soft ass old bolt) so I didn't have to grind it any. The filter came off by hand like it should. oil change before I bought her was done by a company that used a fucking torx wrench to tighten it down so I had to literally cut the filter off when I changed it the first time lol

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good Night Kimber and good luck tomorrow.
Quick pop-in before I head to work. Had my physical (your heart is beating so you're good) agility test ( you can lift 25# so you're good) drug screen ( don't take anything so that'll be good) and signed all the paperwork. I'm very excited,,, everyone was so nice, the atmosphere is totally different there,, people seem happy!! They do a lot of stuff to show appreciation for their employees and those little things go a long way.

Did y'all know it's National Medical Laboratory week?? Didn't think so. We are the red-headed step children of the medical community. Lab rats at the new place get all kinds of goodies, treats, lunches and stuff. What do we get at current place? Nothing. Not so much as a thank you for what you do. We had to buy our own T-shirts. Last year we got a tray of cookies from administration... A week late because they don't pay attention. But I digress....

So it went really well, I'm very happy to be going. For now though, I gotta change and head to the shit-hole. I'll catch up later (I hope!)

Have a great afternoon everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors