Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Hank F. Spankman
I see your goon build and raise you a quad clapton build in the temple.
mVVgBI0.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone that buys coils has more money than me. :sneaka:

Likewise. I can't see paying for an inferior product, when I can make my own, which last a LOT longer than anything I can buy. They don't have to be fancy -- 9 wraps around 3/32, 2 ohms, works great -- exactly what it's supposed to do, which is keep me from smoking. that's all I care about... the great flavors just make it easy and worthwhile. :) Plus all the money saved which can be used to buy other stuff that's a hell of a lot cooler than tobacco!

Andria

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Likewise. I can't see paying for an inferior product, when I can make my own, which last a LOT longer than anything I can buy. They don't have to be fancy -- 9 wraps around 3/32, 2 ohms, works great -- exactly what it's supposed to do, which is keep me from smoking. that's all I care about... the great flavors just make it easy and worthwhile. :) Plus all the money saved which can be used to buy other stuff that's a hell of a lot cooler than tobacco!

Andria
Hon, the Frog was right. I bought 17.00 worth of gear to make coils. I have made some mistakes. I can make coils to do all they have for sale at large prices. I put out fog banks. Not as long as the Kids lungs, but just as dense.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, there you go! I will take honest food made with love and care, over pretentious "artistic" fare served in stereotypical temples of gastronomy. One of the most celebrated Chefs in France is Paul Robuchon. He had a white linen place called L'Atelier, and recently scrapped the pretention and re-invented it as a bistro with a sushi bar style counter. The food is still spectacular...but the feel and philosophy is more down to earth. He lost his third star in the process (Michelin only awards a maximum of three), and is so much busier for it.
Read an article a while back about the whole Michelin star process, lots of famous chefs saying so many places that should have them but don't because it's not a "fancy" place.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Read an article a while back about the whole Michelin star process, lots of famous chefs saying so many places that should have them but don't because it's not a "fancy" place.
The Michelin rating system is more based on attention to detail and perfection. Fancy counts for very little. Bernard Loiseau who owned Le Cote D'or in Saulieu France, got downgraded from 19/20 to 17/20 by Gault Millau (very similar to the Michelin Guide)...and subsequent rumours that he would also lose his third Michelin star in local newspapers. As a result, he put a shotgun in his mouth and killed himself. Sadly, the restaurant never lost that star, but it goes to show the sheer pressure that Michelin holds over Chefs. A great many Chefs CHOOSE to not rate three stars because it is not only hard to earn...but twice as difficult to keep.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
By the end of my career....I had earned my fourth AAA Diamonds on two occasions....four Mobil Stars on three occasions....One Michelin star...and charter member of Les Chaines des Rotisseurs. Not because I was that great.....but because my brigades were. I never sought to earn any of those, they just happened. I DID get invited to create a "Chain Dinner", which is what qualifies you for membership after you are nominated by an officer (in my case, it was my Food and Beverage manager when I was a corporate Sous Chef for Adam's Mark Hotels)...but that was the only time I really focused on an award. I was only as good as the cooks beneath me.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By the end of my career....I had earned my fourth AAA Diamonds on two occasions....four Mobil Stars on three occasions....One Michelin star...and charter member of Les Chaines des Rotisseurs. Not because I was that great.....but because my brigades were. I never sought to earn any of those, they just happened. I DID get invited to create a "Chain Dinner", which is what qualifies you for membership after you are nominated by an officer (in my case, it was my Food and Beverage manager when I was a corporate Sous Chef for Adam's Mark Hotels)...but that was the only time I really focused on an award. I was only as good as the cooks beneath me.
My bro Kip was the head of Omini hotel's as a chief. Never seen any quisene like it. He was 6 star. Some dishes were so good you just had to smile.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My bro Kip was the head of Omini hotel's as a chief. Never seen any quisene like it. He was 6 star. Some dishes were so good you just had to smile.

Saw him turn some crab meat a slab of round steak & other veggies into Genesis. Proud to bring food for him too cook. !

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors