Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I want a Dripbox myself. Never used a squonker and I think that would be a good starter one.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Yep. I tried the Smokeless Owl squonker. It lasted about two weeks until the positive connection went South. Of course, it lasted two weeks more than I thought it would. It was a rather cheaply made kit. That aside, it did what I wanted, or what I wanted to see. "Is squonk for me?" Yep, it is.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really would like to get my hands on a mod that would use a 30mm rda. Haven't really research them yet, but just don't want it to hang out over a ton of the mod. Think it would be awesome. Just imagine the builds you could pull off.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm on a tight budget myself, but before I get any new gear I want to up my flavours. I don't have all that many and there are some recipes I REALLY want tomg make.

We sound like we're in the same boat. I just started DIY about a month ago, and just got my second flavor order in the other day. I guess I've made close to a liter of juice and have about 350-400ml on hand now. I do need to place an order for 2 gallons of VG since I'm about out now.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We sound like we're in the same boat. I just started DIY about a month ago, and just got my second flavor order in the other day. I guess I've made close to a liter of juice and have about 350-400ml on hand now. I do need to place an order for 2 gallons of VG since I'm about out now.
Are you mixing max vg?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kind of a dumb question about VG maybe. Something I thought about though in regards to culling out wastes. Can veggie glycerin be extracted from beets? I know they produce sugar from beets. Why not extract the glycerin during that process as well? I'm no super rocket scientist here but it seems to me at least like somebody might figure that, save on waste of beet scrap?

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might check out www.essentialdepot.com. after shopping cost I got 2 gallons of vg and 2 gallons of pg for about $75. And it's good quality too.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kind of a dumb question about VG maybe. Something I thought about though in regards to culling out wastes. Can veggie glycerin be extracted from beets? I know they produce sugar from beets. Why not extract the glycerin during that process as well? I'm no super rocket scientist here but it seems to me at least like somebody might figure that, save on waste of beet scrap?
Not dumb. Pretty ingenious actually

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning Mark & It'sme & everyone:)
tumblr_mlnzpnlgJ91r9pmrio1_500_zpsc122967b.jpg

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Michelin rating system is more based on attention to detail and perfection. Fancy counts for very little. Bernard Loiseau who owned Le Cote D'or in Saulieu France, got downgraded from 19/20 to 17/20 by Gault Millau (very similar to the Michelin Guide)...and subsequent rumours that he would also lose his third Michelin star in local newspapers. As a result, he put a shotgun in his mouth and killed himself. Sadly, the restaurant never lost that star, but it goes to show the sheer pressure that Michelin holds over Chefs. A great many Chefs CHOOSE to not rate three stars because it is not only hard to earn...but twice as difficult to keep.
Let me re word my original post, the article was saying a lot of chefs are starting to feel as though places/chefs are being over looked for M stars and James Beard awards because they may not meet a certain criteria. And that they should rework the grading systems so these places get looked at.

As for me, I've done my dance with fine dining, wasn't me. I hated making food that looked like it belonged on the wall at a museum. I prefer my down to earth places that serve amazing food that don't require tweezers for plating.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The back is OK.....My shoulder is pretty much the same (which is shitty:wait:).....Thanks for asking, though:vino:. Another MRI, this time on my neck....is "in the works". Then.....Go from there.

That's where my Tuesday morning will be, doing exactly that, for $455 out of pocket.:cuss2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors