Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Big Boy is a good tasting tomato good luck with your garden I think everyone should garden it's a lot healthier for you and good to watch the wonders of nature.
I had a baby garden before ... LMAO Just two tomato plant and two bell pepper plants.... They did pretty good in sawn of five gallon buckets with holes drilled in the bottoms. This time I have potting soil and planters for the tomato plants....

OH SNAP!!! I've gotta plant my garlic, too! :facepalm:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a baby garden before ... LMAO Just two tomato plant and two bell pepper plants.... They did pretty good in sawn of five gallon buckets with holes drilled in the bottoms. This time I have potting soil and planters for the tomato plants....

OH SNAP!!! I've gotta plant my garlic, too! :facepalm:
MMMM I love Garlic, I usually plant it in the fall here.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just gotta call the post office in the morning anf tell them its a good package..... i feel better now. Made some fused claptons.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
MMMM I love Garlic, I usually plant it in the fall here.

I would just pick the wild stuff here but fiance mows it down every time it grows well enough... *Sigh* So I will plant it in some of that same soil... Cause it grows like a champ!

My mama instilled a great love of garlic in me... (because she cooks everything in garlic :teehee::teehee:) So I found that mostly everything tastes better with it... not to mention the healing properties of garlic! For example; Fiance got bitten by a spider (best guess brown recluse) but usually it doesn't affect him. This time it did and he got a perfectly round shaped hole eating its way into his arm. I had just read my herbal remedy book and it said garlic acts like a penicillin. So I cut a sliver and wrapped it onto his arm with a bandage for half an hour. did that twice and day for 3 days and WOW!!!! The hole had closed up to a little bitty scab! :bliss::bliss:

Then there is all the fun stuff it does for heart health! Garlic rocks!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would just pick the wild stuff here but fiance mows it down every time it grows well enough... *Sigh* So I will plant it in some of that same soil... Cause it grows like a champ!

My mama instilled a great love of garlic in me... (because she cooks everything in garlic :teehee::teehee:) So I found that mostly everything tastes better with it... not to mention the healing properties of garlic! For example; Fiance got bitten by a spider (best guess brown recluse) but usually it doesn't affect him. This time it did and he got a perfectly round shaped hole eating its way into his arm. I had just read my herbal remedy book and it said garlic acts like a penicillin. So I cut a sliver and wrapped it onto his arm with a bandage for half an hour. did that twice and day for 3 days and WOW!!!! The hole had closed up to a little bitty scab! :bliss::bliss:

Then there is all the fun stuff it does for heart health! Garlic rocks!
Have you ever tried garlic in green beans? My wife started making them that way a year ago now it's every time, can't get enough of them. This year when we can our green beans they are all going to have garlic in them.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Little Skully says hello too!

9d1d543860401e14bcaa176ea38b4a86.jpg

Sent from a pay phone

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well im tired, and stsrting to go mad tryi g to find parts for this bike. Any one knoe someone thats got a comple gasket set for a 79 xs750? (Planing a refresh in the off season) but for now, got my headlights working perdect got both low and high beam now. Just gotta do some wireing to mount the new switch up on the clutch side of the bars. Still gotta put the rear master on, but almost done. Ill get it done. Ill ve riding soon.

So on fhat bombshell, goodnight!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well im tired, and stsrting to go mad tryi g to find parts for this bike. Any one knoe someone thats got a comple gasket set for a 79 xs750? (Planing a refresh in the off season) but for now, got my headlights working perdect got both low and high beam now. Just gotta do some wireing to mount the new switch up on the clutch side of the bars. Still gotta put the rear master on, but almost done. Ill get it done. Ill ve riding soon.

The misspellings are almost unreal.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did some cold fishing today and got two little bass. One was 3/4lbs or so. The other was almost twolbs and broke my line. Just a sign that it needs to be replaced
how you doing buddy?

sent from a dumb operated smartphone
The little ones taste better, I usually need to change line a couple times a year. Doing pretty good still sore.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Good night Boat my friend see you tomorrow

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
GOt a weird salad going.
Beets and strawberries in a balsamic reduction.

OK I know this is going to sound crazy, but I trance out cooking. I just let the food talk to me, in how to do it, I just let it take me where it wants to go.
The salad.. Not sure I could recreate it but.. a good idea I could.
Chopped beets, could have used fresh or more frozen strawberries (I know weird but red on red and sweet on sweet). Allowed them to cook for a while and then simmered them a bit to further soften and cook the berries. The berries were mashed up in the beets and slotted spoon removed from the pan.

Rice flour, sugar, balsamic and lime juice with a kiss of fish sauce and rosemary reduced and thickened smooth. Added back and them put in the fridge. SUPER rich mouth feel and texture. The only other thing I could have done would be added pineapple to sweeten it a bit further and then pureed it and pipped it on the plate for a sauce, but would go a different route for the balsamic that was thicker and sweeter and taken the reduction further with red wine.

Sauteed up some sweet peppers, garlic, white mushrooms and onion with halfed cherry tomatoes and golden tomatoes. A kiss of fish sauce.

Toasted sourdough drizzled with the balsamic and honey mustard. Sauteed veg mix with pan seared flank steak sliced ribbon thin that had been marinaded for 24 hours. Beets on the side.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
GOt a weird salad going.
Beets and strawberries in a balsamic reduction.

OK I know this is going to sound crazy, but I trance out cooking. I just let the food talk to me, in how to do it, I just let it take me where it wants to go.
The salad.. Not sure I could recreate it but.. a good idea I could.
Chopped beets, could have used fresh or more frozen strawberries (I know weird but red on red and sweet on sweet). Allowed them to cook for a while and then simmered them a bit to further soften and cook the berries. The berries were mashed up in the beets and slotted spoon removed from the pan.

Rice flour, sugar, balsamic and lime juice with a kiss of fish sauce and rosemary reduced and thickened smooth. Added back and them put in the fridge. SUPER rich mouth feel and texture. The only other thing I could have done would be added pineapple to sweeten it a bit further and then pureed it and pipped it on the plate for a sauce, but would go a different route for the balsamic that was thicker and sweeter and taken the reduction further with red wine.

Sauteed up some sweet peppers, garlic, white mushrooms and onion with halfed cherry tomatoes and golden tomatoes. A kiss of fish sauce.

Toasted sourdough drizzled with the balsamic and honey mustard. Sauteed veg mix with pan seared flank steak sliced ribbon thin that had been marinaded for 24 hours. Beets on the side.

Hmmm, that's interesting (the salad). I don't normally care for mixing sweet and savory flavors, but that does sound intriguing.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors