Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A late Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers (chuckle).

Liz and I have been busier than church mice - however, since two days ago - I finally succumbed to altitude sickness. Liz, too.

We ate some wonderful Chinese (food... for the mentally twisted who visit here occasionally :bliss:) last night, but it didn't sit well with me.

At all.

Today, we managed to get a lot of stuff done - the money from the sale of our former residence was wired to an escrow account - handled by my mother-in-law.

Furniture. Snowblower attachment for our Troy-Bilt. New front-load washer and drier. Large down payment for the 30-year fixed mortgage, with a SUPER low interest rate.

Here's the best part:

When my mother-in-law sells her house five-six years from now, our house gets paid off.

Not a bad trade off, and Mom may be a bit on the acerbic side, but she's just like the folk I grew up around:

No BS, and you know where you stand - unlike the people I knew for thirty years, who would smile to your face - and say awful things about you, when you were out of earshot.

Liz and I have begun our new journey - in a place where the night sky looks like God's jewelry box.:stars:

Liz and I send our love to everyone here, and there will be plenty of photos that we'll share ;) .

Our dreams are really coming true. Thanks be to God. :)

Love ya's -

LW & Liz :hug:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Liz and I have been busier than church mice - however, since two days ago - I finally succumbed to altitude sickness. Liz, too.

We ate some wonderful Chinese (food... for the mentally twisted who visit here occasionally :bliss:) last night, but it didn't sit well with me.

At all.

Today, we managed to get a lot of stuff done - the money from the sale of our former residence was wired to an escrow account - handled by my mother-in-law.

Furniture. Snowblower attachment for our Troy-Bilt. New front-load washer and drier. Large down payment for the 30-year fixed mortgage, with a SUPER low interest rate.

Here's the best part:

When my mother-in-law sells her house five-six years from now, our house gets paid off.

Not a bad trade off, and Mom may be a bit on the acerbic side, but she's just like the folk I grew up around:

No BS, and you know where you stand - unlike the people I knew for thirty years, who would smile to your face - and say awful things about you, when you were out of earshot.

Liz and I have begun our new journey - in a place where the night sky looks like God's jewelry box.:stars:

Liz and I send our love to everyone here, and there will be plenty of photos that we'll share ;) .

Love ya's -

I have been called everything. Prissy bitches mumble. If you could stroke the axe I would be your bitch.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

At all.

Here's the best part:

Love ya's -

Good things are progressing positively for you both on this new life facet. How are you doing recovery wise from your multi scalpel dulling exercises from the pre-move escapades?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Catch of the day for a cold kinda crappy fishing day
610648f649285018bb29b8437a39bb64.jpg
healthy fucker.
He was angry to. Tried to come onto the bank and get me after I let him back.

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

At all.

Here's the best part:

Love ya's -

I am so happy for you @LOveWerks and Liz Colorado is a beautiful state I wish I could live there. Sorry to hear you were sick it might take some adjusting to get used yo the altitude . There is so much to do and see there, God has truly blessed both of you my friends, Again I am so happy for both of you!!!

LOveWerks

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good things are progressing positively for you both on this new life facet. How are you doing recovery wise from your multi scalpel dulling exercises from the pre-move escapades?

It, in a word, sux. Like the FDA, and the tobacco lobbies that spread the money around.

When we had to remove my stent during the trip out, that was agony. Before we left NC, we bought those plastic portable urinals with the handles, and world-famous blue tops. I remember dumping one at a truck stop near Topeka. A trucker saw me do it, down a street drain.

"You all right?" he asked.

I answered, "P****** blood is only the half of it; when I use a toilet, it looks like remnants of a shark bite, with some beach sand thrown in."

I still can't believe that I left NC on the 30th, and got to Colby, KS on 4 May. No time for painkillers, and no joke - I've dropped over 10 lbs.

We're at Motel Hell in Denver/Thornton, and the only thing that keeps me going is the sound of Liz's laughter, and her smiling face. I'm already disabled.

The rest just blends in. Pain is an everyday thing for me.

Liz and I are like the old Energizer Bunny. We just keep going. Thanks for your question, and concern :) .

LW & Liz:hug:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally off of work and heading home. Off tomorrow so as far as I'm concerned this place doesn't exist until Friday. I am just looking forward to payday. With the week I've had debating if I want to get some Guinness or Vodka. Haven't decided yet

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi @celticluvr my friend sadly I can't have it either because it is processed it's a bummer. Anyway are you ready for the gardening tip of the night? After your tomatoes are in take carrot seeds and broadcast them in your tomato rows, tomatoes love carrots makes the tomatoes happy and healthy. Carrots are good eating too.
Awesome! I might just do that! :D

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always just said what I was going to. When you see a guy walking in the mall parking lot kind of slow, He has a scanner in his waist & is looking for Morons that leave cards in their car "for emergency" Yes there people that fuckin' stupid.
I'm going to look into one of those sleeves? For my card. I'm just glad they blocked it and did not let the charge through, and notified me!

Vape on

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally off of work and heading home. Off tomorrow so as far as I'm concerned this place doesn't exist until Friday. I am just looking forward to payday. With the week I've had debating if I want to get some Guinness or Vodka. Haven't decided yet

Do Guinness and angry orchard...it's called a black n red or something. .it's yummy, mix them and Guinness rises to top...

Vape on

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you grow peppers dig your hole about 1" to 2" deeper than they need to be, lay3to4 farmer matches in the hole put the little extra dirt back in then plant your pepper. Peppers are sulfur lovers and the phosphorus helps them grow too.

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will SO have to try that. Never mixed anything with Guinness before. Sounds yummy

It's yummy..if you don't want something sweet Google black and tan and it's Guinness with another type of beer which I can't remember and it also separates when poured before Guinness. ..cheers my friend! I'm off to meet the sandman...good night!

Vape on

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's yummy..if you don't want something sweet Google black and tan and it's Guinness with another type of beer which I can't remember and it also separates when poured before Guinness. ..cheers my friend! I'm off to meet the sandman...good night!

Vape on
Good night hon and thank you. I'll definitely be trying the angry orchard one for sure.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My wife hates them. Bell peppers at least. If I grow any, they'd have to be jalapenos. Which is a good idea, actually.

This whole thing is a whim. Didn't expect to get this far along. So even one tomato will be a bonus.
what about pablanos? ohh love a good roasted pablano in a chicken tortilla soup
or stuffed with cheese and bacon.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dammit Bird! I don't even know what that is and you are making me very hungry....:xD::xD::xD:
*Wanders into the kitchen and snoops around* :zombie::zombie::zombie:
hahah.. need to find my cookbook.
the peppers are easy..
queso fresco, monterrey jack, in a double boiler, cilantro and lime white sautéed hite onion and fried off bacon
roast and skin the peppers, fill them with the cheese stuff
then either grill them until the cheese is melted again
or
batter and pan fry

the soup
chicken stock
2 roasted/skinned diced pepper
1 diced white pepper
garlic
chicken- grilled and diced or deboned rotisserie
seeded diced tomato
queso fresco
died avacodo
cilantro
lime

tortilla chips

sautee the vegebles... other than the avocado and tomato
add 24-32 oz of stock and cilantro and lime juice
bring to boil
add the chicken
add the tomato and bring back to a boil
add the avocado

to serve put some tortilla chips or strips of tortilla in the bottom of the bowl and add a few pieces of the queso fresco pour in soup on top that

LOveWerks

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My wife hates them. Bell peppers at least. If I grow any, they'd have to be jalapenos. Which is a good idea, actually.

This whole thing is a whim. Didn't expect to get this far along. So even one tomato will be a bonus.

Back in the '90s, when my family lived in the Tidewater area of VA, I planted some tomatoes that came from 20-year-old seeds of Italian origin (San Marzano, or 'pomodoro toma' plum/roma shaped fruit that nearly resembles the shape of a Italian-style green pepper) that my grandfather kept refrigerated for years.

I planted these, in a hastily-designed garden that was against the back of the house (which faced southeast), in late summer-early fall with cucumbers, and green peppers (of all things).

That was the year before Nonno (my grandfather) died, and he lived with my family until his ninetieth year, when renal failure took him away from us.

We used the old-style wooden tomato plant stands, and the primary fertilizer was a broad-spectrum mixture of Miracle-Gro.

Nonno watered and cared for these plants when I was at rehearsals, setup/soundcheck for local gigs, or when I had to blend these duties with picking up my young children from school.

The cukes ended up being a bit stubby but flavorful, and the green peppers were good, but not very large. The tomatoes?

Excellent. The plants yielded bountiful fruit into early-mid October, and they were great by themselves, or in an Italian hot sausage ratatouille over rice. Great flavor, and plenty of yield from six supported plants. Nonno 'knew his stuff.'

He suggested growing everything late-season, due to the temperature differences between where I grew up in New England, and the Mid-Atlantic.

Insomnia? Yep. You betcha. Good early morning, everyone - Liz's curls lie softly upon my shoulder, and beckon yours truly to close my eyes. Pain stinks.:cuss2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors