Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well , Its that time again, see you folks in the morning!! Good night:)
tumblr_nr161vDuKD1qz7t0xo1_1280_zpssszagraq.jpg

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O.K. got to look stupid, what's scrapple?
Here you go Jimi.

Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name panhaas or "pan rabbit," is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then pan-fried before serving. Scraps of meat left over from butchering, not used or sold elsewhere, were made into scrapple to avoid waste. Scrapple is best known as a rural American food of the Mid-Atlantic states. Scrapple and panhaas are commonly considered an ethnic food of the Pennsylvania Dutch, including the Mennonites and Amish. Scrapple is found in supermarkets throughout the region in both fresh and frozen refrigerated cases.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is something special from Delaware. Only sold within a a certain radius. And is delicious. But if I told you what it was you would never try it lol

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
That must be a specialty brand.
I'm thankful that I can get Habbersett scrapple and Taylor pork roll down here.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here you go Jimi.

Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name panhaas or "pan rabbit," is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then pan-fried before serving. Scraps of meat left over from butchering, not used or sold elsewhere, were made into scrapple to avoid waste. Scrapple is best known as a rural American food of the Mid-Atlantic states. Scrapple and panhaas are commonly considered an ethnic food of the Pennsylvania Dutch, including the Mennonites and Amish. Scrapple is found in supermarkets throughout the region in both fresh and frozen refrigerated cases.

Aka, everything but the oink.:D

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here you go Jimi.

Sound interesting. Would definitely try it.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors