Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sup Z
Is that place run in shifts, or only do breakfast & lunch?
Shifts but our second shift don't take orders until ~3 after getting there at 2.
I put in my notice with my manager and told her I will help until I train my own replacement to run the kitchen the "right" way.
She don't want me to go but I can't stay anymore. They can't afford to fire all the idiots because we would only have like 7-8 people to staff the whole store (5 cooks, 12 servers, 3 "breakfast bar" cooks and 2 managers) so it's a no go

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Afternoon all! Just got back from my local vape store, Kentuck-e-vapes. Spent about 4 hours just hanging out. Great place. I really like having the B&M's around. I would rather spend money there than online, just to keep them around. Plus, they give me awesome deals and let me check out new merchandise first hand.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol lucky you're not in my kitchen, we go shifts without breaks. I remember when I started cooking id got 10-14hrs with 2 quick smoke breaks and about 5 minutes to eat family meal.
If it was a real kitchen and not some bullshit then I would work the while day without a break. But sadly "it is your job to make sure everything is done, because you know it better then the others" is not what you should tell one out of 5 cooks and let the other 4 fuck off all day. Throwing lettuce at the servers, playing angry birds and shit like that.
But forreal fuck that place lol

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it was a real kitchen and not some bullshit then I would work the while day without a break. But sadly "it is your job to make sure everything is done, because you know it better then the others" is not what you should tell one out of 5 cooks and let the other 4 fuck off all day. Throwing lettuce at the servers, playing angry birds and shit like that.
But forreal fuck that place lol

Lol my waitstaff know better then to piss me off and to use their phones in my presence, I have zero issues sending people home if they aren't doing their jobs or are slacking.

I have a sign with the ever so famous kitchen quote "If you have time to lean, you have time to CLEAN"

I'm assuming you're in a chain or a corporate run kitchen?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shifts but our second shift don't take orders until ~3 after getting there at 2.
I put in my notice with my manager and told her I will help until I train my own replacement to run the kitchen the "right" way.
She don't want me to go but I can't stay anymore. They can't afford to fire all the idiots because we would only have like 7-8 people to staff the whole store (5 cooks, 12 servers, 3 "breakfast bar" cooks and 2 managers) so it's a no go

Well that's a shame you have to leave there, I don't blame you though I don't think I could of held out this long buddy. Anymore places treat employees disrespectfully and it sucks. I hope you find some place where they appreciate what a good employee you are my friend.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon all! Just got back from my local vape store, Kentuck-e-vapes. Spent about 4 hours just hanging out. Great place. I really like having the B&M's around. I would rather spend money there than online, just to keep them around. Plus, they give me awesome deals and let me check out new merchandise first hand.
Hi Spygoat my friend all the b&m are going to need all the support they can get with these new reg.'s

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol my waitstaff know better then to piss me off and to use their phones in my presence, I have zero issues sending people home if they aren't doing their jobs or are slacking.

I have a sign with the ever so famous kitchen quote "If you have time to lean, you have time to CLEAN"

Good quote Honda, I like that

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It's a small corp. We can use whatever ingredients they have to offer to make our own dishes besides what they have decided to set in stone. like basic double cheeseburgers and shit. But we also have the ability to use the products to make some amazing shit up.
We have to follow their procedures for onion rings, chicken strips or breast, fish sandwiches, basic burgers, and our breakfast foods.
We also have to follow their rules which say basically use common sense kitchen ruleing and you will do perfect.
The only corporate rule I don't follow is our b.s. sanitation guide says to put three capfulls of bleach into a 1 gallon bucket of hot water for sanitation water for the lines.
That's like a half a cup of bleach in the gallon of water

I was always told it was supposed to be 1/4 tbs/gallon from the state as a young screw up.

Maybe IM the dummy?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well that's a shame you have to leave there, I don't blame you though I don't think I could of held out this long buddy. Anymore places treat employees disrespectfully and it sucks. I hope you find some place where they appreciate what a good employee you are my friend.
I know there's bad at every place. But at this kitchen it's just more bad then decent.
I have never really been that angry at people but this place makes me want to go back to the violent "how can you smile with no teeth" ways

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a small corp. We can use whatever ingredients they have to offer to make our own dishes besides what they have decided to set in stone. like basic double cheeseburgers and shit. But we also have the ability to use the products to make some amazing shit up.
We have to follow their procedures for onion rings, chicken strips or breast, fish sandwiches, basic burgers, and our breakfast foods.
We also have to follow their rules which say basically use common sense kitchen ruleing and you will do perfect.
The only corporate rule I don't follow is our b.s. sanitation guide says to put three capfulls of bleach into a 1 gallon bucket of hot water for sanitation water for the lines.
That's like a half a cup of bleach in the gallon of water

I was always told it was supposed to be 1/4 tbs/gallon from the state as a young screw up.

Maybe IM the dummy?

I don't use bleach, we have a sani water dispenser and soap water one.

Leave and go to a mom and pop shop, bust ass and create specials or suggest specials. I can even toss you some ideas, corporate world isn't fun when it comes to cooking.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't use bleach, we have a sani water dispenser and soap water one.

Leave and go to a mom and pop shop, bust ass and create specials or suggest specials. I can even toss you some ideas, corporate world isn't fun when it comes to cooking.
I'm about to talk to a small Italian eatery that's downtown from where I live. Downtown being a mile farther then where I work now so not to bad. Only problem. I haven't cooked any truly Italian food in my life

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'm off from my first part of my shift. Have to be back in a little under four and a half hours. Then hopefully won't have to be back until tomorrow afternoon.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Those links are to take classes to learn how to make frames..... not buy them...

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The best place to vape is right before a hot shower
b4ed186dac041a68f4235cfe21e16c4a.jpg
that lights about 7 foot away and i can hardly even see it lol

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those links are to take classes to learn how to make frames..... not buy them...
Impressed you can read after seeing your spelling, but besides knowing its for classes maybe you can call the phone number and say "Hey I'm looking for one of your frames, any for sale?".

That's what I'm sure 99% of folks would of taken from my original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors