Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I'm at work. Of course I'm the first one here. And I'm very angry. Spent 15 min trying to get the bike to start. Short answer? I'm sitting in my car. I need a fu king battery for that thing kick start sucks more dick then a hooker on Friday night.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had lens replacement surgery in my right eye last September. I was blind in my right eye for about 10 years thanks to type 2 diabetes. My eye surgeon would not replace the necrotic lens because of my diabetes. After losing about 200 pounds, he did the surgery and I can see again. I have a mono-focus lens, meaning I had a choice of near or far sight. I chose to be far sighted so I wouldn't need glasses while riding or driving. I now wear 1.25 readers while using the computer or reading. Not a big deal, but man am I hard on glasses. I am very thankful I don't need glasses from an optometrist. I just get them from the dollar store or Walmart.

Oh and losing a shit ton of weight cures type 2 diabetes..lol. I've been insulin and metformin free for about a year.
That is so amazing!!!! What a life changer you had!!!:cool:

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on the HUGE weight loss, Spy! Makes the 50 lbs. that I lost (over the past 2 years)....look like nothing. Problem is.....even though I am still trying to lose (want to get another 30-35 off)....it won't come off anymore.....and I'm having a time, just maintaining where I am. Can't cut any more....as I mainly live on salad and nutri grain bars. Oh well.

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On our Rockies trip - 1870 miles, in 4 days - we had company. A male Australian Shepherd, and a female Irish Setter/Chow mix. Click on the thumbnail to read one of their conversations - LW & Liz

View attachment 50939

Hello, everyone - from your absentee Corner Folk, LW & Liz. Please accept our apologies for not keeping up with our favorite thread in VU.

Know that every post written by the usual suspects who bring laughter, and great vaping ideas or sharing their vape mail gets an automatic 'like' from Liz and I.

If any moderator wants to insert likes from Liz and I when we're MIA, feel free to do so. Our 'likes' history is pretty much along these lines: if what is written falls under the 'tasteless,' or 'antagonistic' parlance, we don't click 'like.' Ditto for posts that fall under the 'TMI' category. Hell, many of the posts that I write may fall under that category - yet, there are many kind Corner souls that click 'like' for Liz and I, while knowing that I, LW, writes all of our posts in the 'first person,' while including @Liz Wonder in subjects that have to with both of us.

I just didn't have the stamina to read 1,047 posts. Since we've been getting our medical coverage and banking stuff moved from NC to CO, prescriptions, et cetera - we've been busy little beavers, since everything has been done via smartphone due to our laptop being at the storage unit, and we're using VPN on our 4G data plans with our smartphones 'cause paying $4.99 a day for motel Wi-Fi that is unsafe as hell isn't high on our needs list.

So, cold weather and rain has Liz and I dealing with higher pain levels; yesterday, however, was Liz's daughter's second anniversary of her death from cancer. So, the whole family went out to dinner in Downtown Denver to a restaurant called Racines - and, I got a chance to meet Liz's late daughter's former fiance, J.

He was a very nice young man, and a nice time was had by all. The menu was diverse - anything from typical American fare, to Indian curry dishes, along with some great Mexican food. Excellent.

So, insomnia has yours truly in its grip once again, so I send a Good Morning to @Whiskey, @pete67, @Thejackson5, @Breazy_Com, @always9988, @Kevin H., @Break-19, @boriqua75, @Jimi, @Hank F. Spankman, @kimber, and the usual cast of Cornerites. I'm going to take a three hour nap, and maybe our new neighbors upstairs will take off their ski boots so that we may get a better night's sleep tonight. Liz didn't go to sleep until 3:40 AM Mountain Time.

We love ya's :)

LW & Liz :hug:

Last edited:

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, everyone - from your absentee Corner Folk, LW & Liz. Please accept our apologies for not keeping up with our favorite thread in VU.

Know that every post written by the usual suspects who bring laughter, and great vaping ideas or sharing their vape mail gets an automatic 'like' from Liz and I.

If any moderator wants to insert likes from Liz and I when we're MIA, feel free to do so. Our 'likes' history is pretty much along these lines: if what is written falls under the 'tasteless,' or 'antagonistic' parlance, we don't click 'like.' Ditto for posts that fall under the 'TMI' category. Hell, many of the posts that I write may fall under that category - yet, there are many kind Corner souls that click 'like' for Liz and I, while knowing that I, LW, writes all of our posts in the 'first person,' while including @Liz Wonder in subjects that have to with both of us.

I just didn't have the stamina to read 1,047 posts. Since we've been getting our medical coverage and banking stuff moved from NC to CO, prescriptions, et cetera - we've been busy little beavers, since everything has been done via smartphone due to our laptop being at the storage unit, and we're using VPN on our 4G data plans with our smartphones 'cause paying $4.99 a day for motel Wi-Fi that is unsafe as hell isn't high on our needs list.

So, cold weather and rain has Liz and I dealing with higher pain levels; yesterday, however, was Liz's daughter's second anniversary of her death from cancer. So, the whole family went out to dinner in Downtown Denver to a restaurant called Racines - and, I got a chance to meet Liz's late daughter's former fiance, J.

He was a very nice
Hey there LW!

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I leave for 4 days and this place is damn near in ruins..... comercial is so screwed up right now from my commercial manager and my abscesse that idk if either of us will get shit straight. Oh well. Hrs got 6 weeks off to recover from his accedint and I get to try and get shit under control. Whatever. Just another day of me doing way to much shit way above my pay grade.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

He was a very nice
Glad to hear that the both of you are enjoying being at your new HOME/state!......Congrats LW and Liz! Hoping only the best for you both!

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello again ;)

Thank you for your kindness, as always. It's icy outside, but no snowfall - just rain, earlier. The heat is on, and working well - so, we're okay.

The closing for our new home is in TEN days. We'll be motel-bound, until then.

We'll be renting another truck, and Liz's son and younger brother will be there to unload the aforementioned. I may be inheriting an upright piano from the soon-to-be previous owner, as it is a full-size upright with 88 keys (very cool!). The soundboard of this piano is as large as a baby grand. Maybe @Saddletramp1200 will get to hear me on a piano, and let everyone know what an idiot savant I am :crazy:... (rotfl)

Damn it, I need to close my eyes. I hope that our 'ski boot' neighbors upstairs slip on some black ice, and bust their @$$es :tantrum:.

LW & Liz (zzzzzzzzzz)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
tumblr_n0sdbtEoVW1qdswjeo1_500.gif

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I leave for 4 days and this place is damn near in ruins..... comercial is so screwed up right now from my commercial manager and my abscesse that idk if either of us will get shit straight. Oh well. Hrs got 6 weeks off to recover from his accedint and I get to try and get shit under control. Whatever. Just another day of me doing way to much shit way above my pay grade.
All fixed every things in order and all fuck ups, are defucked. I need a freakin raise

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning everybody:coffee::wave:

Apparently I needed to rewick both ends of my candle last night. Passed out 9:30ish, and woke up late on the couch this morning at 6:30. I haven't had that much sleep in a long while.:confused:

Anyways.....

happyTaco.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone. Finally got caught up. Got kiddo to school, and now at Wal-Mart. I'm here in the Jeep hanging with you all and Sarah and Mom are inside. It is pouring down rain here, so waiting for them to call me to pick them up at the door. So good morning my Corner Family and I hope Sue gets to feeling better @pete67

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors