Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel for ya. I don't have that long lol. In hindsight I didn't stop until my early thirties. Only difference is I always worked never robbed or bothered anyone and was always respectful and responsible. Functional addict lol. I think this kid will get it but it's probably going to take more time. Really hoping @Spyg0at buys me a new life when he gets rich LMAO !
<3<3<3<3<3<3

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll take one
big_hug-2589_zpse1winyzb.gif
:coffee: on the way:)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish you all the best, Breazy....every situation is different for every parent, all we can do is our best, if that isn't enough, must let fate take a shot at it. I am riding that fate bus, my story started when she was 16.....she's 30 now, the vicious cycle is still going on.
Big (((HUGS))) Whiskey your daughter is in my prayers too, has been since I found out she had went down the wrong path.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got home from work early ! :bliss:Taking my friends son to a meeting. He's back from treatment and already slipped again. Someone I kind of grew up with but younger than me they found dead in a hotel in New Jersey two days ago. It's not if you die it's when and how with the crap these people do these days. So few people get it now. His father threw him out finally. So it's what I always say. There's no right or wrong answer or text book answers. Every person is different and every result is different. Basically it's a fifty fifty crap shoot at best. If you throw someone out and they die then it was the wrong answer but if you throw someone out and they get it then it was the right answer 50/50 ! My kid transitions from detox into the program in Anaheim today and we can only hope ! TTYL
Good afternoon Breazy:coffee::wave:

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel for ya. I don't have that long lol. In hindsight I didn't stop until my early thirties. Only difference is I always worked never robbed or bothered anyone and was always respectful and responsible. Functional addict lol. I think this kid will get it but it's probably going to take more time. Really hoping @Spyg0at buys me a new life when he gets rich LMAO !

Would you settle for a cup of coffee and a hearty handshake?

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got home from work early ! :bliss:Taking my friends son to a meeting. He's back from treatment and already slipped again. Someone I kind of grew up with but younger than me they found dead in a hotel in New Jersey two days ago. It's not if you die it's when and how with the crap these people do these days. So few people get it now. His father threw him out finally. So it's what I always say. There's no right or wrong answer or text book answers. Every person is different and every result is different. Basically it's a fifty fifty crap shoot at best. If you throw someone out and they die then it was the wrong answer but if you throw someone out and they get it then it was the right answer 50/50 ! My kid transitions from detox into the program in Anaheim today and we can only hope ! TTYL
Sending you a large :coffee2:

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should move there. Your humidity is kinda like ours, though.

I've seriously considered selling my house, packing up and moving away. I'm super tired of summers here.
NO......You DON'T want to move here! Everything is SUPER OVERPRICED:blech: (housing/land)....Taxes are RIDICULOUS!:gaah:.....and 44% is low humidity for us. It's usually ALOT worse:facepalm:. My family and job are here.....so that's why I'm still :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors