Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
NO......You DON'T want to move here! Everything is SUPER OVERPRICED:blech: (housing/land)....Taxes are RIDICULOUS!:gaah:.....and 44% is low humidity for us. It's usually ALOT worse:facepalm:. My family and job are here.....so that's why I'm still :rolleyes:.
Well, where can I go that's not over-priced? Isn't everywhere? Granted, a lot of things are cheaper here, but I need a change of scenery.

Sedona! At least for a vaca.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still don't mind any of that, I love summer:stars:
The weather is fine today.......but it does feel hotter than the thermometer says it is (to me)......and my chest feels tight. Although I would love to just sit, chill, and relax tonight......I gotta get my son outta the house for a little while, and take a 2.75 mile walk along the river......(in a little while). I'll let him ride his scooter;).

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, where can I go that's not over-priced? Isn't everywhere? Granted, a lot of things are cheaper here, but I need a change of scenery.

Sedona! At least for a vaca.
Trust me.......Only RICH people can LIKE Connecticut. We have them all here. Mel Gibson had a house here, Conan O'Brien, Dennis Leary, Mia Farrow, Paul Newman, Ryan Reynolds and his HOT wife.....and many more! They can enjoy CT........cuz there all "loaded". (Oh yeah.....and drunk Keith Richards too:teehee:).

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Trust me.......Only RICH people can LIKE Connecticut. We have them all here. Mel Gibson had a house here, Conan O'Brien, Dennis Leary, Mia Farrow, Paul Newman, Ryan Reynolds and his HOT wife.....and many more! They can enjoy CT........cuz there all "loaded".
Sounds like the more extream of here. Once you hit pittsford, all you see is expensive European cars. If you see even a nice new ford its out of place in the sea of audis and bmws

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like the more extream of here. Once you hit pittsford, all you see is expensive European cars. If you see even a nice new ford its out of place in the sea of audis and bmws
I'm only about 20-30 minutes away from the MULTI, MULTI Million $$$$$ homes......EVERYTHING here that is beachfront (also pretty close to me) is priced insanely (and more so, if you want a decent house on that beach).

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May have to move my folks out of NY. They're getting up there in years. My sister and I discussed it today. New house will probably have a floor for me (walkout basement) and another area for my parents. The real hassle will be settling things on Long Island. They live in West Hampton. Nice place, but cost more than I care to spend to live there. Besides, my sisters life is here in Kentucky. She doesn't want to go back to NY, neither do I. Some decisions have to be made. Mom is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and Dad is a stubborn Marine. Getting them to leave may not be easy. My Dad has hinted at it and Sue (my sister) will be talking to them about it when she goes home next month. I am in a position to help everyone right now. They just have to concede a little and concessions are not their strong point. Lots of thinking to do right now.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May have to move my folks out of NY. They're getting up there in years. My sister and I discussed it today. New house will probably have a floor for me (walkout basement) and another area for my parents. The real hassle will be settling things on Long Island. They live in West Hampton. Nice place, but cost more than I care to spend to live there. Besides, my sisters life is here in Kentucky. She doesn't want to go back to NY, neither do I. Some decisions have to be made. Mom is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and Dad is a stubborn Marine. Getting them to leave may not be easy. My Dad has hinted at it and Sue (my sister) will be talking to them about it when she goes home next month. I am in a position to help everyone right now. They just have to concede a little and concessions are not their strong point. Lots of thinking to do right now.
I hope things work out for the best for all of your family

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And a shack about to fall over still goes for hakf a million dont it?
Seriously......ALOT of people will buy a piece of property that has an "OK" house on it (in SouthWest CT). Then......they DEMOLISH it......and put a MANSION in it's place. That's not me. My house was CHEAP (by CT standards).....but is paid off as of May 10th this year. A day before my 45th B-day. Took 17 years to pay it off, and we worked hard to get it paid off early.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds alot like my grandm
Kevin H. said:
Seriously......ALOT of people will buy a piece of property that has an "OK" house on it (in SouthWest CT). Then......they DEMOLISH it......and put a MANSION in it's place. That's not me. My house was CHEAP (by CT standards).....but is paid off as of May 10th this year. A day before my 45th B-day. Took 17 years to pay it off, and we worked hard to get it paid off early.
ld neighborhood in long island. A small plot bought fod half a mill, then the nice house is torn down and an 800k house is built. There so big they dont even have yards anymore

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Learned something something today. You dont feel hitting a groundhog at 70mph. Think i got his tail or just winged him tho.
Got a German. Shepherd caught in my crash bar one night @ 90 or so. Had to drag the dog to a bro's house. My boot was wedged between the dog & motor. The dog was fubar. I was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors