Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interstate is bringing me a damn battery. They are sorry. I still have some pull. Be here by 2. I flooded the little bike. Just as well. I don't get angry, just annoyed.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning all! Getting ready to tuck into an EPIC brekkie burrito.
I'm making a fresh spinach, garlic and sriracha wrap for lunch. It is incredibly awesome and simple.

I have a question, would anyone buy a $1000 stabilized wood DNA? I have my eye on a Chimera wood DNA. it takes 3 18650's and that is about the only reason I can find not to buy it. I also know myself. if I wait a few hours, the desire to buy it will pass and I'll move on..lol

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm making a fresh spinach, garlic and sriracha wrap for lunch. It is incredibly awesome and simple.

I have a question, would anyone buy a $1000 stabilized wood DNA? I have my eye on a Chimera wood DNA. it takes 3 18650's and that is about the only reason I can find not to buy it. I also know myself. if I wait a few hours, the desire to buy it will pass and I'll move on..lol
You might want to get some advice on money. I have been where you are.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I have paid that, and more on many occasions...but that is a sore spot here. A $1000 mod hitting the pavement is NOT a good feeling.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have paid that, and more on many occasions...but that is a sore spot here. A $1000 mod hitting the pavement is NOT a good feeling.
I try not to drop my mods. I think $1000 is about the limit for me. I can't see me going above that price point. Exclusivity is one thing, excess is another..lol

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No.
I would buy 4 more Boxers, and stash them. You know you would at least get 1/2 price back on a resale. The Specialty wood mods need a too particular client to recoup.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No.
I would buy 4 more Boxers, and stash them. You know you would at least get 1/2 price back on a resale. The Specialty wood mods need a too particular client to recoup.
I was debating few more Boxers. This desire to buy this mod will pass. I am already talking myself out of it. The triple 18650's is a killer for me. I like my DNA's for the Lipo's and not having to swap batteries.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I try not to drop my mods. I think $1000 is about the limit for me. I can't see me going above that price point. Exclusivity is one thing, excess is another..lol
Back when I was buying HEMO mods, I found that "insider" groups on FB was the way to go. Groups that are "invite in" like HEMO, GEM, Elite Luck and Vape, etc. The raffle groups like ELV are places where you can nab super high ends for as little as what one "spot" sells for...like $25. Thing is, like any form of gambling, you spend as much as you can afford to lose. I divested myself of all but one HEMO mod....at the end of the day, it is all aesthetics, as a $2000 mod does nothing different or better than a $100 one.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No.
Plush stab c-frames like the Hurakan and Champion GT (especially a Ruthie), as well as ANY Gepetto or Pandora will climb in value. Most of those trade as high as 200% over RRP. One of my past FMB mods is going at three times what I originally paid from the modder.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back when I was buying HEMO mods, I found that "insider" groups on FB was the way to go. Groups that are "invite in" like HEMO, GEM, Elite Luck and Vape, etc. The raffle groups like ELV are places where you can nab super high ends for as little as what one "spot" sells for...like $25. Thing is, like any form of gambling, you spend as much as you can afford to lose. I divested myself of all but one HEMO mod....at the end of the day, it is all aesthetics, as a $2000 mod does nothing different or better than a $100 one.
agreed. I have this thing about exclusivity though. I like things uncommon. That comes at a cost, I know that.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
agreed. I have this thing about exclusivity though. I like things uncommon. That comes at a cost, I know that.
The Gepetto (especially the "On Steroids" and the "Flo") are rare in that there are two HEMO members that are seeking to own all of them. One of the rarest, is the Champion and Champion GT "Ruthie"....the c-frame is made from a jewelers metal called Ruthenium.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My motorcycle was less....... ive bought 3 difrent cars and one truck for less then that. I just think its absolutely rediculas to spend that much on a mod when it will do literally nothing more then a 200$ one

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Gepetto (especially the "On Steroids" and the "Flo") are rare in that there are two HEMO members that are seeking to own all of them. One of the rarest, is the Champion and Champion GT "Ruthie"....the c-frame is made from a jewelers metal called Ruthenium.
off to google I go!

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Plush stab c-frames like the Hurakan and Champion GT (especially a Ruthie), as well as ANY Gepetto or Pandora will climb in value. Most of those trade as high as 200% over RRP. One of my past FMB mods is going at three times what I originally paid from the modder.
I have no clue as to what those are.
I bought a Provari off their 2nd run back in 1/11, a 100 1.8 ohm pre-punched carto's ,and an OCD carto tank, and that was all I needed to be happy until 6/15, when the cartos ran out. A quick internet venture for more supplies turned into having to relearn the whole vape scene, as it had vastly changed.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My motorcycle was less....... ive bought 3 difrent cars and one truck for less then that. I just think its absolutely rediculas to spend that much on a mod when it will do literally nothing more then a 200$ one
eh, to each their own.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have no clue as to what those are.
I bought a Provari off their 2nd run back in 1/11, a 100 1.8 ohm pre-punched carto's ,and an OCD carto tank, and that was all I needed to be happy until 6/15, when the cartos ran out. A quick internet venture for more supplies turned into having to relearn the whole vape scene, as it had vastly changed.
Nobody hears about those because the modders take preorders in exclusive groups. The entire run sells privately, and they never actually hit retail. RRP is what the modder asks during preorder. Subsequently, the new owners will re-sell them at an amount not to exceed 30% over RRP, lest they get accused of flipping. A new high end will sell up to five times in it's first year of existence...at the end of that year, it is being bought and sold at astronomical prices. It is not uncommon for a $1000 mod to have an original RRP of $300. But they never see public retail...EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors