Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wonder how much money it would take to convince mercedes to let my take on of those cars for a spin
The average FIA Superlicense costs $1.5 million. And you have to have at least 3 top three finishes in open wheeled FIA championship series or FIA World Endurance series to qualify. Add to that, at least one GP2 Drivers Championship. THEN you would have to be picked up as a testing or reserve driver for an existing F1 team. In other words....including sponsors...about $7 million.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
THIS is how amazing difficult it is, to start and actually drive one lap in an F1 car.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The average FIA Superlicense costs $1.5 million. And you have to have at least 3 top three finishes in open wheeled FIA championship series or FIA World Endurance series to qualify. Add to that, at least one GP2 Drivers Championship. THEN you would have to be picked up as a testing or reserve driver for an existing F1 team. In other words....including sponsors...about $7 million.
Im talking just have a few laps around silverstone or something. Not actually race the thing. I considermyself a decent racer but the people who race those cars for a living, would make me look like a toddler picking his nose riding a plastic trike

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning all! Remembering the massacre in Nice.
LdjQVGi.jpg

Apparently, Mercedes AMG Petronas has a new reserve driver!
cxAXCs0.jpg
Hiya MKPM:coffee::wave:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Im talking just have a few laps around silverstone or something. Not actually race the thing. I considermyself a decent racer but the people who race those cars for a living, would make me look like a toddler picking his nose riding a plastic trike
One must have a Superlicense to even get in one whilst it is running. It takes 7 people to even start one, and actually getting it out of first gear is quite a trick. Due to the power/weight ratio, and tyres not being warmed up, traction is almost non-existent. Taking one for a lap is not even remotely the same as driving any other type of racing car. I'm with you however, I would love to learn to drive one, and take it on a lap of Spa or the Red Bull Ring at Spielberg Austria. Another issue...and I DO NOT MEAN THIS IN ANY BAD WAY.....you would not fit in the cockpit. They are very very narrow, and the seats are thermally molded to fit the driver assigned to that particular car. F1 drivers are very fit...but small. The largest drivers to fit into those cars were Michael Schumacher and Mark Webber.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im a fan of the
One must have a Superlicense to even get in one whilst it is running. It takes 7 people to even start one, and actually getting it out of first gear is quite a trick. Due to the power/weight ratio, and tyres not being warmed up, traction is almost non-existent. Taking one for a lap is not even remotely the same as driving any other type of racing car. I'm with you however, I would love to learn to drive one, and take it on a lap of Spa or the Red Bull Ring at Spielberg Austria. Another issue...and I DO NOT MEAN THIS IN ANY BAD WAY.....you would not fit in the cockpit. They are very very narrow, and the seats are thermally molded to fit the driver assigned to that particular car. F1 drivers are very fit...but small. The largest drivers to fit into those cars were Michael Schumacher and Mark Webber.

Yea i know i wouldent fit. Altho it looked like i might fit in the baby f1 car that hammond drove in the beginning.
That alone would be fun as hell.

Im a fan of the nureburgring myself. Spent alot of time on that track playing gt5 and 6. One day i WILL drive on the ring for real.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Im a fan of the

Yea i know i wouldent fit. Altho it looked like i might fit in the baby f1 car that hammond drove in the beginning.
That alone would be fun as hell.

Im a fan of the nureburgring myself. Spent alot of time on that track playing gt5 and 6. One day i WILL drive on the ring for real.
Hammond was in a GP2 (Formula Renault at the time) car. As for the Nordschleif...see if you can get Sabine Schmitz to take you for a lap in a Porsche GT3...or perhaps a LaFerrari in the rain, for that classic Nikki Lauda experience!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks my dear family. Got to say this. Some people turn ugly when someone dies. I offered to take her to Ok. in my car. Her brother called me a freak & said leave. I left. Out of respect for Laura. I will never know if he had dentures but I came real close to findin' out.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hammond was in a GP2 (Formula Renault at the time)vs As for the Nordschleif...see if you can get Sabine Schmitz to take you for a lap in a Porsche GT3...or perhaps a LaFerrari in the rain, for that classic Nikki Lauda experience!
Id rather take a catherham 7, or a mustang gt3 or s550 gt350r, or ferrari 458, or nissan gtr vspec or an sls black (in vibrent yellow of course) or audi r8 and or s7.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks my dear family. Got to say this. Some people turn ugly when someone dies. I offered to take her to Ok. in my car. Her brother called me a freak & said leave. I left. Out of respect for Laura. I will never know if he had dentures but I came real close to findin' out.
Yea but, your the good kind of freak, and here, your in good company.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Id rather take a catherham 7, or a mustang gt3 or s550 gt350r, or ferrari 458, or nissan gtr vspec or an sls black (in vibrent yellow of course) or audi r8 and or s7.
For me, it would be...
Road Car: Mine, or a Jaguar F-type R
Race Car: Stoffel VanDorrne's ART GP3, or a Porsche LeMans GT3 proto
Thing is...the Nordschlief is boring....would much rather make those laps, in those cars, at SPA (Eau Rouge complex) or Sazuka (MUST experience The "Spoon"), or the "Esses" at Watkins Glen.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
River day.
Was not going to go but changed mind.
BBTM was in rare fuck with me form all night, little bastard woke me up at 530 this morning.
Grilled some petite sirloin up with an eggplant, charred the hell out of the eggplant. Going to make baba ganoush tomorrow.

Left over fried rice with thin sliced beef, caramelized onions and mushrooms with broc shreds.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For me, it would be...
Road Car: Mine, or a Jaguar F-type R
Race Car: Stoffel VanDorrne's ART GP3, or a Porsche LeMans GT3 proto
Thing is...the Nordschlief is boring....would much rather make those laps, in those cars, at SPA (Eau Rouge complex) or Sazuka (MUST experience The "Spoon"), or the "Esses" at Watkins Glen.
Been on the glen. Can confirm its a fun track.

The ring for me is more about the history, and the beauty. Palophony digital did a great repuduction of the track but still just a tv. I WILL drive it one day

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bubba and Duane are out in the woods hunting when suddenly Bubba grabs his chest and falls to the ground. He doesn’t seem to be breathing; his eyes are rolled back in his head.

Duane whips out his cell phone and calls 911. He tells the operator, "I think Bubba is dead! What should I do?

The operator, in a calm soothing voice says, "Just take it easy and follow my instructions. First, let's make sure he's dead.”

There is a silence. And then a gun shot is heard.

Duane's voice comes back on the line, " Okay... Now what? "

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bubba and Duane are out in the woods hunting when suddenly Bubba grabs his chest and falls to the ground. He doesn’t seem to be breathing; his eyes are rolled back in his head.

Duane whips out his cell phone and calls 911. He tells the operator, "I think Bubba is dead! What should I do?

The operator, in a calm soothing voice says, "Just take it easy and follow my instructions. First, let's make sure he's dead.”

:teehee::giggle:

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took a girl into the woods hiking at night, once, on a date.
She started crying, and I asked her why.
"I'm scared" she said, to which I replied, "You're scared? Think about how I feel, I have to walk out of here alone."
She ran, screaming.

Some people..sheesh!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

OMG:eek::facepalm::teehee:

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Only an hour an a half till i leave for the bus. Then the bus dont leave till damn near 10. Then i get to enjoy a 4 hour layover in buffalo uggggggg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors