Become a Patron!

Whiskey's Corner#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This bike sounds like when I make popcorn, pop, pop. pop, pop. This seat could be a little wider Hon, I'm not that small. Remember I will pull your beard if you go to fast. :p:inlove:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh goody. If I spend 10.00 I might win a 2016 shelby. Stupid persons should only be allowed to work in Utah. At least we know where they are. I brought a lot of granite into the state. It would work.

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good morning, everyone. Liz and my mother-in-law went back to Walmart, to return some clothes (read: exchange); so, I grabbed this opportunity to say 'Good Morning' to my brothers and sisters of The Corner Realm. :wave:

Mom spent the night last night, and it has been an uneventful weekend. She's addicted to political talk shows on TV, so my head is fairly thrumming :sad: at this point.

What I'm writing, is this:

HOW MANY NEWS CYCLES SHOULD ONE HAVE TO ENDURE? THE ONLY BREAK IN THE ACTION WAS WHEN SOME ENTITY CREATED A FRACUS IN MANHATTAN, NYC...

Okay, LW. Act like Tommy Chong in "Up In Smoke," and repeat the mantra "Mellow... Mellow... Mel-lowww... there. How's that, man?"

Today, I will install my new Fender Tremolo system, and Sperzel locking tuners on (and in) my Stratocaster. My new neck is ordered - more frets, ebony fretboard, and a scale that is in-between a Gibson Les Paul, and a 22-fret Strat.

It's gonna be a greasy axe, man. :shades:

Fender purists will dislike me; so will Les Paul players. My fans will be from Hamer, or Paul Reed Smith. I want an electric with less string tension, and the inimitable Strat sound. :D Though, I've got some other tricks for next month:

I'm removing the five-position Strat pickup switch, and replacing it with a plastic pedestal made of the same pickup cover plastic, with black borders on its sides...

Six switches will be installed, all chrome. Three to turn each pickup on or off, and three to reverse each pickup's phase.

This Strat is going to be a sonic menace; especially, when I replace the pickups with either Lace Sensors, or Fender Strat Noiseless pickups (depending upon budget... Liz has been very supportive of my music expenses lately. Let's hope that she's cool next month :bomb:).

LW & Liz:hug:

"The Mad Quote Guy is still on the loose!
Stop me before I quote again!"

Oh, my @#*^%@! word... the locking tuners and trem (after I intonated the axe by ear) are BUTTER! No more screw-in tremolo arm ('whammy bar,' to old musical hipsters like myself) - just slide it in, like a Wilkinson or Floyd Rose tremolo - and it STAYS where you want it.

(Note: Floyd Rose tremolos are for aggressive, heavy rock/metal players; the standard Floyd Rose setup requires a Floyd Rose locking nut - normally, a nut is a bone, plastic or graphite string spacer at the beginning of the fretboard, under the headstock and tuners.

Floyd Rose locking nuts require you to have an Allen wrench to unlock three Allen screws, that hold the metal locking plates down over the metal nut's saddle; each one locks down two strings, and - due to the tremolo's design - there are six 'mini tuners' on the tremolo itself for 'convenience,' should your tremolo springs move on their hooks inside your axe, and make your guitar need a slight tuning adjustment... :gaah:

I had two guitars back in the '80s that sported those INFERNAL trems, a Kramer and an Ibanez... yes, they worked well, but they broke more strings than the Wilkinson, Fender, or the Maestro Lyre trems - the Maestros were found on pre-millennial Gibson SGs, like Angus Young's axe he played with AC/DC.

Floyd Rose trems require you to cut off the string's circular metal anchor - or 'ball end,' to insert into the locking spaces in the bridge's string saddles - once again, break out your Allen wrench to lock your strings into the tremolo... :xD: What a pain-in-the-@$$. The tension on Floyd Rose trems make it nearly impossible to use it with locking tuners - even Sperzels. Worse, it can void Sperzel's warranty.

I know. TMI. If there are guitar gearheads in our Corner, celebrate. If not - my most humble apologies.)

My Strat has a two, instead of three-spring trem (a trick I learned from Jeff Beck in a Guitar Player magazine article, circa 1976). It enables the tremolo to float up two whole steps (the strings pitch), and dive-bomb down to sloppy-string growl... I adjusted the bridge saddle height lower, so it still plays easy.

Otherwise, you'll think you're playing an old Silvertone with a bad case of neck warp.

This axe is going to be customized, and uniquely mine own. The fret spacing, and compound radius are MY specs. 24 frets will enable me to have extended playing range similar to John Petrucci, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani.

I'm trained in Jazz, but... you gotta play what the crowd likes. I like either super-clean tone with compression for added sustain, like Walter Becker of Steely Dan; or, singing, smooth distortion like Carlos Santana, Steve Lukather, or Allan Holdsworth.

The slightly shorter scale will make this Strat GREASY like a PRS, but the sound will be like Eric Johnson playing "White Cliffs Of Dover," when the tone is in overdrive.

I'm so STOKED. I'm sure that anyone who reads this post will have bleeding eyes, but, have a heart - I play other instruments, like keyboards, and I won't drag all of you through my other instrumental talents...

Liz is happy for me. Our house is full of my music now, and gigs are on the way. I'm really happy, because when I'm playing and singing - I'm in this special, wondrous place where even my chronic pain cannot invade.

I may hurt afterward. Just give me Lidocaine patches, Liz's love, and more of my special, incredible wonderment while I make joyful noises. When I'm in my 'creative mode,' more songs are written; I locate my 'center,' and peace permeates from inside of me.

LOveWerks and Liz Wonder, signing out...

Good morning, everyone. :wave:

LW & Liz :hug:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning Wolf, Pete <3<3
Kev, maybe you'll feel better today:hug:
Good morning Corner!!
tumblr_nljccdXHxq1tq9q5vo1_1280_zpsgvpoenv9.jpg

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found out that my old phone couldn't be fixed. GB is sending me a NEW phone, and a better one at that:confetti:. The one that they are sending is about $60 more than what I spent on the other one. I got to pick it. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, 5.5" HD screen, 32gb/3gb, with Snapdragon Hexacore 1.8GHz processor. Then....I'll have to figure out which phone that I'll want to use/keep.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One more thing. I've been using Sony VTC5's in my mods for about the past month or so......As long as I can get Sony batteries, I will continue to purchase them. They are MUCH better than the Samsungs!

Swampfox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aloha Whis and Corner Folk. A flyby on my way out the door just to say "hi". Lunch break over and back to the grind. I thought our tripple digit heat index days were over but here we are again lol. Glad I haven't had to break out the firewood yet. Hope y'all have a pleasant afternoon. Hasta la byebye

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors