9587753d1222784e080f9a3d0dd99aa0_zpsdowl5it0.jpg
Good night Whiskey. :hug:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. Picked it up (LG 65" 4K) for $770....no tax and FREE shipping . I couldn't pass it up .
Yeah, I've seen them down in the $500 range now for one in the 45-50 inch class. I will have one soon!:cool:

Time to go see what my son is up to......G'night everybody .
Goodnight, Kev. See you later on.:wave:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is the option of Plasma, prices are way down since they became less popular.
We already have a good LCD 1080P set, but I don't think there is a plasma 4k set out there as plasma seems to be on the way out of favor.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We already have a good LCD 1080P set, but I don't think there is a plasma 4k set out there as plasma seems to be on the way out of favor.
You do have to look for them, still better contrast over LED, they use twice the power and generate heat, that's why they died out. OLED is really the way to go, no white back washing and good blacks and contrast, just pricey for the time being.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You do have to look for them, still better contrast over LED, they use twice the power and generate heat, that's why they died out. OLED is really the way to go, no white back washing and good blacks and contrast, just pricey for the time being.
Yep, but prices keep dropping, I just have to wait a bit longer. I don't really mind waiting since there isn't a huge amount of 4k content now except upscaling 1080 to near 4k. I was an early adopter back in the day, paid over $1k for my first Blu-ray, and $1300 for my first VCR, but not anymore. I just don't have the money to spare now.
DiresTV does have 4k out but it will mean upgrading my box again and in the process renewing a 2 year contract. I'm not crazy about that either.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, but prices keep dropping, I just have to wait a bit longer. I don't really mind waiting since there isn't a huge amount of 4k content now except upscaling 1080 to near 4k. I was an early adopter back in the day, paid over $1k for my first Blu-ray, and $1300 for my first VCR, but not anymore. I just don't have the money to spare now.
DiresTV does have 4k out but it will mean upgrading my box again and in the process renewing a 2 year contract. I'm not crazy about that either.
Wait for the cable companies to put out a 4K single, currently 1080p is the best there is available.
Yea, but Direct will be download only to their DVR, and probably a 24 hour download, I'm ex Comcast, I know these things! ;):D

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wait for the cable companies to put out a 4K single, currently 1080p is the best there is available.
I'd have to move for that as cable doesn't run down my road and they refuse to run it unless 70% of the people on the road agree to subscribe for at least 2 years...ain't gonna happen. Satellite or OTA is all we have here.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd have to move for that as cable doesn't run down my road and they refuse to run it unless 70% of the people on the road agree to subscribe for at least 2 years...ain't gonna happen. Satellite or OTA is all we have here.
If I was still in the field with Comcast I would make it happen, at a price everyone would love, as long as you are within 300ft of a Comcast Node, it would happen. Just saying contact Comcast construction.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I was still in the field with Comcast I would make it happen, at a price everyone would love, as long as you are within 300ft of a Comcast Node, it would happen. Just saying contact Comcast construction.
The county we live in is served by Charter, not Comcast. I had Comcast when I lived in the Metro ATL area, but Comcast runs out about 12-15 miles from here and Charter has the franchise in this area. I have AT&T Uverse for the internet but we're about 1/4 mile or so too far out for reliable HD video service here.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The county we live in is served by Charter, not Comcast. I had Comcast when I lived in the Metro ATL area, but Comcast runs out about 12-15 miles from here and Charter has the franchise in this area. I have AT&T Uverse for the internet but we're about 1/4 mile or so too far out for reliable HD video service here.
That's too bad, there are streaming services popping up all over the net, just another option.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
there are streaming services popping up all over the net, just another option.

And some really good ones are even free. But for a lot less than cable, there are many choices.

For internet access, in the US there are many good wi-max providers. Most people are not aware that Wi-max is the 4G protocol, and that a home wi-max modem in your car will provide seamless internet while driving, at a small fraction of cellular 4g.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Little white dog is ok.
The shitbull is out, the owners loaded him the bastard up and drove off. Would rather beat the shit out of the owners being lousy dog parents than the pit being in trouble. But a less than 1k sqf apartment is not a place to keep it all day long.

@OneBadWolf total yoteocide is not the answer, they go after rats and mice before rabbits and stuff, more calories and protien per mouse than house pets and rabbits.
You take out all the yotes and wolves and you get Hantavirus and plague outbreaks.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@OneBadWolf total yoteocide is not the answer, they go after rats and mice before rabbits and stuff, more calories and protien per mouse than house pets and rabbits.

No rats here. We are the largest rat- free land mass on Earth (except Antarctica)

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/03/0331_030331_rats_2.html

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/All/agdex3441

Edit: rat free does not imply we have no politicians.

I live in a city of a million people.
A disabled woman in an electric wheelchair, and her service dog were chased by 3 coyotes here last week. There is a problem.

Pup and I went tracking tonight. I think they are being fed. either that, or the rabbits are being fed, attracting the coyotes. I might owe the University students an apology though. The tracks lead from the river to a large Senior Citizens complex.....

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Little white dog is ok.
The shitbull is out, the owners loaded him the bastard up and drove off. Would rather beat the shit out of the owners being lousy dog parents than the pit being in trouble. But a less than 1k sqf apartment is not a place to keep it all day long.

Glad that little dog is OK. Yes, the despicable humans need the punishment. The pitt needs to be rehabilitated. Sometimes I think they need a law when people abuse and/or make dogs mean, can't own any animals at all. But then I don't like the government getting into our lives. I don't like conflict in my head, lol.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I can understand it. Could that lead to a lot of cost. Which we (My Guy and me) probably wouldn't be able to afford it. Then would that mean we would have to go thru it each time when getting a new dog. Or have to renew the license every year, like fishing /hunting license. Then would they be sending government /police or someone like that to our homes to check to see how we are treating/ taking care of the dog. So many questions comes along with that.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Time for all the "Best of 2016 Awards". I usually steer clear of that stuff. Not this year!

I'll get the ball rolling, with the Best $2.33 I spent in 2016 !!!

visor.jpg

Obtained for the princely sum of $2.33 Canadian dollars from Princess Auto. Building/wicking is so much easier with these. I expected them to be crap, but they are really good!!

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Time for all the "Best of 2016 Awards". I usually steer clear of that stuff. Not this year!

I'll get the ball rolling, with the Best $2.33 I spent in 2016 !!!

View attachment 70231

Obtained for the princely sum of $2.33 Canadian dollars from Princess Auto. Building/wicking is so much easier with these. I expected them to be crap, but they are really good!!

Howdy OneBadWolf. Good deal. I can't say much, I haven't built anything so I can't really comment on it. But glad they work well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors