Status
Not open for further replies.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good Morning Whiskey's Corner #3.

Pete67, Hopefully all goes well at Drs today, prayers and hugs.

Swampfox, hope things get better.

Markw4mms, sleep well.

@Saddletramp1200 and @Boattlebot hope you two are doing ok.

Hope everyone has a good day.
I'm doin good. Just been very busy. Very very busy

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Of course I will, @Whiskey. We're getting ready to leave in a few hours (it's 1:20 AM). Here's a picture of my audition pass:

View attachment 73526

Liz and I love you wonderful vape people. Vaping enabled my voice to return to its original sound, range, everything. @#*! the FDA. Well, it's time for a shower. I got my new orthotics and shoes today. I will stand up for this audition (though, I will roll up in my Hoveround)...

With lotsa love -

LW & Liz (Vegas-Bound) :hug:

We got home Monday at 5:10 AM. Drive time: 13 + hours, due to crossing the mountains at night on Route 50 E. Sadly, I didn't make the cut for this season - though, a producer took me aside, and said:

"You've got a great voice. This show needs people like yourself who have years of musical experience. Expect a callback."

That means, a possible entry for the 2018 season. The producer informed me to send better quality videos, with a video bio.

Approximate time Liz and I arrived at Las Vegas Convention Center: 1:40 pm.

Time I waited in line: 2 hours (and, Liz wasn't ALLOWED to accompany me).

Time spent in a room wider and deeper than a football field: 6 hours... of course, they had four small active speakers on stands - two at one end, two at the other - each speaker was canted toward the center of the room; so, if you were in the center section of the chair rows, you heard everything that was said, yelled, or sung.

If you weren't (like most of the contestants), you had to deal with phase cancellation - which meant, you had to REALLY LISTEN to hear what came out of the speakers.

Then, there was the wireless UHF mics they used. Between the HAAS effect (look this up, if you're interested in sound engineering) and phase cancellation, there was a time delay that was already present due to acoustics. Add in the time delay from each mic, which is a wireless UHF transmitter that was stretched to its operating limit in feet from the UHF receivers that were discreetly hidden behind curtains bearing "The Voice" logo, that were ALSO wirelessly connected to the self-powered, wireless speakers...

When the announcers spoke, or people sang - it was like watching (and listening to) a circa-1970s Godzilla movie. *Sigh*

There were eighty people to a row, and everyone had identifying colored wristbands to keep the staff of "The Voice" organized.

Ten people to an audition room, that were in-between other audition rooms (eight rooms, total) - so, you'd have caterwauling to your left, and Mumbles singing to your right.

THROUGH WALLS MADE OF KLEENEX AND SPIT.

Am I glad that I did the audition? Yes. I may have a chance at taking my music to a new level, and I'm grateful that I am registered with the show. I'm grateful that I was chosen.

Was I impressed with how "The Voice" set up their audio, and organized everything at the Las Vegas Convention Center?

Regrettably, no. Liz and I didn't get back to our hotel until 11:45 pm. My pain levels were awful, and we were both exhausted.

So - there it is. I still have a chance. Liz and I thank you for reading.

LW & Liz :hug:

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Top of the morning Whiskey's Corner #3.

Haha, I finally found something hot to drink besides coffee and hot chocolate (which I have not had any).
It is called Sleepy Time tea. The name is deceiving because it has not made me sleepy. I have the tea and put Dandelion root herb into a tea/coffee ball thing and drink. So happy . The tea has a good herbal taste, kinda minty, unlike hot regular tea has, yucky taste. Now I only have to take down Red Clover and Thistle extract, nasty taste .

Hope all is bright eyed and bushy tail this morning.
I love the Extra sleepy time. I also drink several other herbal teas. One of my favorite is ginger, yum! Good for the tummy. I like rasberry, chamomile, peppermint, spearmint, apple cinnamon and several others I can't name.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time for me to get outta here as well. One of my brothers just stopped by. He said that it looks like my Grandmother will probably not make it another couple of days, or even possibly tonight. Hospice has come in, they've got her on m..phine now, and she hasn't woken up all day :(. She had a good life. She's 92 now, and smoked cowboy killers for about 60 yrs. of the 92 :facepalm:. Anyways, didn't want to let y'all know cuz' I don't want ya feelin' bad or otherwise about it for me. I'll be fine ;). Just figure I'd let y'all know, so if ya don't see me here for a day or so, you'll know why. So.....On that note......Night all o_O.
God bless her Kev<3<3

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning Corner:wave:<3
tumblr_njnohcjwrN1r7swtro1_1280_zpstxjyzezc.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We got home Monday at 5:10 AM. Drive time: 13 + hours, due to crossing the mountains at night on Route 50 E. Sadly, I didn't make the cut for this season - though, a producer took me aside, and said:

"You've got a great voice. This show needs people like yourself who have years of musical experience. Expect a callback."

That means, a possible entry for the 2018 season. The producer informed me to send better quality videos, with a video bio.

Approximate time Liz and I arrived at Las Vegas Convention Center: 1:40 pm.

Time I waited in line: 2 hours (and, Liz wasn't ALLOWED to accompany me).

Time spent in a room wider and deeper than a football field: 6 hours... of course, they had four small active speakers on stands - two at one end, two at the other - each speaker was canted toward the center of the room; so, if you were in the center section of the chair rows, you heard everything that was said, yelled, or sung.

If you weren't (like most of the contestants), you had to deal with phase cancellation - which meant, you had to REALLY LISTEN to hear what came out of the speakers.

Then, there was the wireless UHF mics they used. Between the HAAS effect (look this up, if you're interested in sound engineering) and phase cancellation, there was a time delay that was already present due to acoustics. Add in the time delay from each mic, which is a wireless UHF transmitter that was stretched to its operating limit in feet from the UHF receivers that were discreetly hidden behind curtains bearing "The Voice" logo, that were ALSO wirelessly connected to the self-powered, wireless speakers...

When the announcers spoke, or people sang - it was like watching (and listening to) a circa-1970s Godzilla movie. *Sigh*

There were eighty people to a row, and everyone had identifying colored wristbands to keep the staff of "The Voice" organized.

Ten people to an audition room, that were in-between other audition rooms (eight rooms, total) - so, you'd have caterwauling to your left, and Mumbles singing to your right.

THROUGH WALLS MADE OF KLEENEX AND SPIT.

Am I glad that I did the audition? Yes. I may have a chance at taking my music to a new level, and I'm grateful that I am registered with the show. I'm grateful that I was chosen.

Was I impressed with how "The Voice" set up their audio, and organized everything at the Las Vegas Convention Center?

Regrettably, no. Liz and I didn't get back to our hotel until 11:45 pm. My pain levels were awful, and we were both exhausted.

So - there it is. I still have a chance. Liz and I thank you for reading.

LW & Liz :hug:
How EXCITING!!!!!:stars::tunez:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love the Extra sleepy time. I also drink several other herbal teas. One of my favorite is ginger, yum! Good for the tummy. I like rasberry, chamomile, peppermint, spearmint, apple cinnamon and several others I can't name.

Hiya celticluvr. There is an Extra Sleepy Time? That would be wonderful, specially if it will get me to be sleepy. Where do you get the herbal tea from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors