Become a Patron!

Whiskey's Corner#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No doubt. I'm sure I wouldn't have handled it well either. I'm somewhat in the alley also, northwest IL. We've had some funnels but nothing that touched down really close, thank God.
I hope it stays that way for you. We have caught so many breaks. I have a 14 yr old nephew that will be staying home a lone during the summer, while his dad works. He kinda gets weirded out when we are in tornado watches, which of course I understand why. But it gives him an excuse to call me and talk, I like that he becomes a chatter box, lol.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's pretty cool. At least he knows where to turn when he gets nervous or scared. Hoping no bad weather comes your way either. I have a friend that lives in Wichta, he loves it there but is always telling me about the weird weather.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning
Is the Corner closed?
I hope not, I have not found another "home" in the VU to fit in. I was welcomed with open arms in the Corner, this is my "home."
I don't see why it should close. Hopefully Whiskey will still be around as she can
This thread will remain open, in fact it soon will be time to start another new Corner #4 due to high post count, I'll give a heads up when I get ready to do that, Good morning everyone<3:wave:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning 2WW:coffee::wave: Hope you are doing well.
See, there it goes again I didn't get notified.

Good morning pete67. I am doing well, Thank you.

Took me 20 minutes to start fire, my doggies think O' she is on the floor getting fire ready, that means it's time PLAY, let's get her, lol. Wouldn't want to miss it for a second.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
2%20coffee_zpso4rersyt.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No it is not closed. Good morning 2WW:coffee::wave: I'm late because I had to take Sue to ER at 4:15 this morning.
I hope everything is ok with Sue??? :(
We had a storm from hell, rained so hard we thought we'd get flooding, then within 2 hours the temps dropped and we got this, poor trees snapping all over the place, power was out since 3:30pm yesterday, finally came back on half hour ago.
thumbnail_IMG_1547_zps8aqktlch.jpg

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's pretty cool. At least he knows where to turn when he gets nervous or scared. Hoping no bad weather comes your way either. I have a friend that lives in Wichta, he loves it there but is always telling me about the weird weather.

If you only you knew his story. Yes I am very blessed he is in my life. There was several years I didn't think I would ever see him, that was a nightmare, reoccurring nightmares, wake you up in the middle of the night wondering if he is alive. Sorry, went on.

I'm so glad I don't live down around there. Let alone tornados, flooding, crazy weather, they also get earthquakes.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you only you knew his story. Yes I am very blessed he is in my life. There was several years I didn't think I would ever see him, that was a nightmare, reoccurring nightmares, wake you up in the middle of the night wondering if he is alive. Sorry, went on.

It sounds like he has a pretty awesome aunt also. He is very blessed o have you in his life to help him also.
Thank God you regained power Whis.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hope everything is ok with Sue??? :(
We had a storm from hell, rained so hard we thought we'd get flooding, then within 2 hours the temps dropped and we got this, poor trees snapping all over the place, power was out since 3:30pm yesterday, finally came back on half hour ago.
thumbnail_IMG_1547_zps8aqktlch.jpg
Glad you are ok. Hope the weather will warm up for you. Sue is doing a lot better today.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think the attitude is a big part of growing up. It just takes some longer than others to figure it out. All you can do is pray and show him by example that being a jerk is not the right way to be. Took me a while to figure that one out.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think the attitude is a big part of growing up. It just takes some longer than others to figure it out. All you can do is pray and show him by example that being a jerk is not the right way to be. Took me a while to figure that one out.
Yes, it is. I know all about attitude, when I was a teenager. He wouldn't be as bad if he didn't hang around with blood relatives, they are bad news, bad people. I do pray for them, that's all I can do. They literally hate my guts and everything about me. Now he is starting to hate me in the same manner, ugh.

Last edited:

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I pray every day for a good, normal, happy life for myself and a good life and health for those that I like and love. My life was way out of control for quite some years, from addiction to mental disturbances and so on and all I wanted was to get back to normalcy, to the average life that people live that isn't out of control and isn't so alienating.

Finally getting somewhere as of recently! God bless.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pray every day for a good, normal, happy life for myself and a good life and health for those that I like and love. My life was way out of control for quite some years, from addiction to mental disturbances and so on and all I wanted was to get back to normalcy, to the average life that people live that isn't out of control and isn't so alienating.

:hug:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I will pray for the same for you. We all know life is not all peaches and cream, life of hard knocks, that is how we all learn and grow. Thank you for sharing.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you Whitesoxfan! God bless you.

Also - sorry if "God" is not one of anybody's beliefs. I say "God bless somebody" because I believe in God and believe in prayer - not trying to insinuate that there is one higher power / force for everybody, so please don't take it that way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors