Become a Patron!

Whiskey's Corner#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Whiskey. :hug:
I'm in and out, making use of my laser tape measure, running string mainly to give me a idea of how things will work. Last year made the mistake of running the rows too close to one another, not going to do that this year. I think I'm going for 6 apple trees, Anjou, that is a European Varity, likes this climate and ripens on the tree. I learned that most store apples are picked green and ripen in storage for a month to a month and a half at 45-50 degrees. The difference is storage ripening produces a smoother meat, less grainy. I don't have the storage, so Anjou. :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Whiskey. :hug:
I'm in and out, making use of my laser tape measure, running string mainly to give me a idea of how things will work. Last year made the mistake of running the rows too close to one another, not going to do that this year. I think I'm going for 6 apple trees, Anjou, that is a European Varity, likes this climate and ripens on the tree. I learned that most store apples are picked green and ripen in storage for a month to a month and a half at 45-50 degrees. The difference is storage ripening produces a smoother meat, less grainy. I don't have the storage, so Anjou. :)
DH uses his, measuring houses , they are a very handy tool

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Pete, nope....I'm still around (as always) #snark :giggle:
tumblr_oatkdxYfHo1tc454po1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors