Not open for further replies.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi VG. Hi Mark

Same here - we're getting dumped on again. Could get another 2 to 3 inches tonight. :eek:

The heat kicked in this morning. I said "this is nuts" and shut it off (hopefully) for the rest of the season. I'm sure not letting the "smart" thermostat run the heat at this point in the year.
Good afternoon Rick.:wave:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Afternoon Corner Folks and VU Wrecking Crew.
Our friend @2WhiteWolves asked me to relay the message that she'll be taking some time off
from VU due to her carriage turning into a pumpkin unexpectedly (she did stay out past midnight),
her glass slippers broke,
and the sky may or may not be falling...
She promises to be back as soon as she gets new flip-flops and a tricycle.
That should be in a few days.

(Beats me why she elected me to give y'all these news but like the good messenger I am I have delivered)

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My neighbor...You know the 1 that makes awesome DYI e-liquid had 1 of those.I gave him a Bona Vita 8 Cup coffee maker.A couple days later I was taking out the trash and saw his Keurig sitting there in the bin.
I have a REAL coffee maker also, but Keurig is for one cup convenience and flavor variety .
15d089c7aecb800b9c37c026fccbd57d.jpg

Sent from my Huawei Honor 5X using Crapatalk

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good Afternoon Corner Folks and VU Wrecking Crew.
Our friend @2WhiteWolves asked me to relay the message that she'll be taking some time off
from VU due to her carriage turning into a pumpkin unexpectedly (she did stay out past midnight),
her glass slippers broke,
and the sky may or may not be falling...
She promises to be back as soon as she gets new flip-flops and a tricycle.
That should be in a few days.

(Beats me why she elected me to give y'all these news but like the good messenger I am I have delivered)
Good afternoon Hazy:wave: We will miss her.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Uh... Any females reading this, um.. there really is no such thing as a decoy thermostat, and if there was, we wouldn't use it. Even in self defense, to prevent cooking/freezing.

Or secretly laugh our asses off every time you adjust it. Or adjust it back, when you are not looking, just to make you think it works. No man here would do ANY of those things.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uh... Any females reading this, um.. there really is no such thing as a decoy thermostat, and if there was, we wouldn't use it. Even in self defense, to prevent cooking/freezing.

Or laugh our asses off every time you adjust it. Or adjust it back, when you are not looking, just to make you think it works. No man here would do ANY of those things.
:giggle:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went to the SPCA today to check out Zorn, a beautiful boy, friendly to me, obedient. The only problems where, he does not like other dogs, possessive with his toys and food, and He's a escape artist. That's why his previous owner gave him up, he got into trouble fighting other dogs.
He does not fit the bill with me.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went to the SPCA today to check out Zorn, a beautiful boy, friendly to me, obedient. The only problems where, he does not like other dogs, possessive with his toys and food, and He's a escape artist. That's why his previous owner gave him up, he got into trouble fighting other dogs.
He does not fit the bill with me.
Sorry to hear that :(.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a REAL coffee maker also, but Keurig is for one cup convenience and flavor variety .
15d089c7aecb800b9c37c026fccbd57d.jpg

Sent from my Huawei Honor 5X using Crapatalk

All right, take that you Keurigians...

41M9GSkiZTL.jpg

Our cup at a time. From Walgreens. Twenny bucks. :D

Stood up to the test of time too - still cranking out hot coffee over 3 years running. (It really does get up to a good brew temperature. I measured it before I made the first coffee in it 'cause if it didn't it was going right back.) The only time the 12 cupper gets pulled out is if someone in the house decides to make batches for iced coffee during the summer

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Or secretly laugh our asses off every time you adjust it. Or adjust it back, when you are not looking, just to make you think it works. No man here would do ANY of those things.

Or you could do what I do: Get one so complicated no one else in the house will go near it. :devil: Some people would rather sit in chilly ignorance, rather than admit they don't know how to adjust it.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All right, take that you Keurigians...

41M9GSkiZTL.jpg

Our cup at a time. From Walgreens. Twenny bucks. :D

Stood up to the test of time too - still cranking out hot coffee over 3 years running. (It really does get up to a good brew temperature. I measured it before I made the first coffee in it 'cause if it didn't it was going right back.) The only time the 12 cupper gets pulled out is if someone in the house decides to make batches for iced coffee during the summer
I bought my Bunn ThermoFresh coffeemaker at Big Lots a few years back. It retailed for about $130.00 at Target and Amazon.......I got it for either $20 or $25 (BRAND NEW!) :D

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There will be others, just unfortunate people use the SPCA to unload troubled pets, I feel for the dog, but I know the SPCA will find the right owner for him.
He's kinda old but...my old partner at the kennel and I used to checkout Animal Control periodically
looking to adopt aggressive K-9's to put to work in the guard dog business.

There are cures for Zorn's behavioral issues but a busy guy like you
would probably lack the time...I think you made the correct decision.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought my Bunn ThermoFresh coffeemaker at Big Lots a few years back. It retailed for about $130.00 at Target and Amazon.......I got it for either $20 or $25 (BRAND NEW!) :D
The Bunn that I had before this one, lasted about 8 years. It was on CLEARANCE at Target. It was a display, but was BRAND NEW. The sticker said $14.00 (It retailed for $120.) I picked it up, and walked right up to the registers with it. I'll NEVER buy a different brand coffee maker again!....They are THAT GOOD! :coffee2:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's kinda old but...my old partner at the kennel and I used to checkout Animal Control periodically
looking to adopt aggressive K-9's to put to work in the guard dog business.

There are cures for Zorn's behavioral issues but a busy guy like you
would probably lack the time...I think you made the correct decision.
Not when it's genetic, I know a few things about dogs sonny!

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of the wife :facepalm:.......She just was walking down the hall and "moved wrong". She either pulled a muscle in her leg, of tore something. I'm hoping that she'll be OK. NOT only for her.....but I am supposed to go on a local brewery tour with flights of beer, tomorrow. If she isn't better by tomorrow, then I will have to probably take her to the ER and I'll have to postpone taking one of my good friends out for his birthday:confetti:. So far......My weekend isn't looking too good ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors