Become a Patron!

Whiskey's corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fever has been gone since about an hour after I posted that.
The entry points are all looking good no redness or weeping, poop is happening just slowly VERY slowly.

@boriqua75 Yep had an emergency laparoscopic cholecystectomy 2/10. Instead of the in and out in under an hour it was a nearly 5.5 hour clean up job bordering on a open cholecystectomy. Just had a small 4.7mm stone block shit, kill my gallbladder which sent me into nearly kidney failure, and sometime while waiting for the surgery it decided to burst.

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The entry points are all looking good no redness or weeping, poop is happening just slowly VERY slowly.

@boriqua75 Yep had an emergency laparoscopic cholecystectomy 2/10. Instead of the in and out in under an hour it was a nearly 5.5 hour clean up job bordering on a open cholecystectomy. Just had a small 4.7mm stone block shit, kill my gallbladder which sent me into nearly kidney failure, and sometime while waiting for the surgery it decided to burst.
Holy hell!!! That is serious!!!! Glad to see you staying on top of it!!! The healing is definitely the hard part !!!!

Vape on

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
8ae8c634b29c2b6863308e9466ba2bd5.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

That's great news on the recovery! congrats!!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Holy hell!!! That is serious!!!! Glad to see you staying on top of it!!! The healing is definitely the hard part !!!!

Vape on
In the ER when my kidneys decided to say fuck you we out, my hands swelled up like
images
if it would not had been for the Double D angel of mercy. (double Dilaudid dose nurse, with anti nausea meds) I do not think I would have lived until surgery the pain was that insane.
I was also keeping up on my iv fluids the one charge nurse kept bitching that I was getting up to many times to pee for them to supervise me and they tried to cut them back.
The DDA did an end run and ninja called the doctor who called her the evil nazi nurse and told her to wide open as much fluids as I could hold. As much ice chips till noon as I could keep down, and allow me to get up and pee as much as I wanted since the pain was so crazy.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Good to hear the fever's gone down.

My surgery for my appendix wasn't nearly as complicated as what you went thru, but the surgeon did say that probably the reason I had that post-surgical infection was because my appendix was basically just in tatters -- I think them leaving me in that ER room for 9 FUCKING HOURS after I showed up at the ER is probably why! Idiots! "Acute appendicitis" means GET IT OUT NOW NOT TOMORROW! But I showed up at the ER at 3:30am... they finally operated a bit after noon the next day.

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good to hear the fever's gone down.

My surgery for my appendix wasn't nearly as complicated as what you went thru, but the surgeon did say that probably the reason I had that post-surgical infection was because my appendix was basically just in tatters -- I think them leaving me in that ER room for 9 FUCKING HOURS after I showed up at the ER is probably why! Idiots! "Acute appendicitis" means GET IT OUT NOW NOT TOMORROW! But I showed up at the ER at 3:30am... they finally operated a bit after noon the next day.

Andria
got to the er at 630is, kidneys screaming fuck you by 8. some foot dragging admitted at 145.
surgeon was not consulted correctly till following am.
thursday post surgery, overheard my surgeon taking a chunk of nurse ass off for withholding pain meds and not checking on me. Also after I told him about the threat of restraint he got super pissed.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
got to the er at 630is, kidneys screaming fuck you by 8. some foot dragging admitted at 145.
surgeon was not consulted correctly till following am.
thursday post surgery, overheard my surgeon taking a chunk of nurse ass off for withholding pain meds and not checking on me. Also after I told him about the threat of restraint he got super pissed.

I think the key is, nurses don't care if doctors and/or hospitals get sued for malpractice -- they don't have to pay for malpractice insurance.

Andria

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think the key is, nurses don't care if doctors and/or hospitals get sued for malpractice -- they don't have to pay for malpractice insurance.

Andria
My surgeon is a Badass, unless he left me crippled or really fucked up he has my backing 100%. If I would have had time to get to the hospital in the same network as mom's surgeon I would have had her do it.
a. she is more of a badass.
b. ranks up there with the old master's for her needle work and blade work.
c. loves mom to death.

I have a hospital almost within site and less than 1/4 mile away. Unless I was seriously at risk of bleeding out or dropping dead from a heart attack I would not go to them. I got horror stories that should have shut them down.

I am not the most easy patient I know this, nor am I the most troublesome patient. But considering going down and talking to the admin about the lack of care and professionalism some of the nurses had, We will not talk about CNAs... there is an entire whole level of ARE you fucking serious? action going on with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors