Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I noticed that you believe the board is dead in your VT. How can you be certain without taking it apart?
Well, not "dead" but screwed up. The display shows the battery is full (and I had recently charged it) but it will not fire. I thought the coil was screwed up, so I replaced it, but the display still read 1.11 Ohms (and it was a 2.4-Ohm coil, verified with my VOM). I took the tank off and fired the mod again and the display still says 1.11 Ohms with no coil. I tried different tanks and the display still reads the same regardless. (9.0W. 3.16V, 1.11 Ohms) which calculates perfectly using Ohm's Law (that is, P=E^2/R), so something between the 510 connector and the board (or on the board) is stuck/fried/whatever and the electricity is not being delivered to the coil. If you have any brilliant suggestions, I am open to them. The reason I haven't fiddled with the internals yet is that I have sufficient other mods to not "feel" the loss at this point, so I'll play with it later.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, not "dead" but screwed up. The display shows the battery is full (and I had recently charged it) but it will not fire. I thought the coil was screwed up, so I replaced it, but the display still read 1.11 Ohms (and it was a 2.4-Ohm coil, verified with my VOM). I took the tank off and fired the mod again and the display still says 1.11 Ohms with no coil. I tried different tanks and the display still reads the same regardless. (9.0W. 3.16V, 1.11 Ohms) which calculates perfectly using Ohm's Law (that is, P=E^2/R), so something between the 510 connector and the board (or on the board) is stuck/fried/whatever and the electricity is not being delivered to the coil. If you have any brilliant suggestions, I am open to them. The reason I haven't fiddled with the internals yet is that I have sufficient other mods to not "feel" the loss at this point, so I'll play with it later.
Maybe juice in it?

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, good tip, though I'm fairly certain he knows more about soldering than I've ever considered -- he just doesn't currently have a full soldering kit.

Hell, I learned soldering myself, but it was in 1980, old-style flux soldering... yucky shit. Pretty sure that's now obsolete, and I promptly forgot it, probably about 1981. :D

Andria
I've soldered so much with that old-style flux stuff in my electronics classes. Burned myself when it popped up. Blah!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I think that beats out my flowers.
See Emmy, apples are useful, you can eat them, make apple sauce, apple pie, apple crumble, even make cider :)

How do like them apples.

I will buy you flowers though. Never had any, we will change that I promise.

Don't dig your hole any deeper than you can climb out of.
Can I borrow your ladder.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
14obn2v.gif

What just happened lol

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oops! Sorry ladies but I'm one of those girls that never liked getting flowers. You want to spend money? Then take me out to eat at some ridiculously expensive restaurant. Buy me a bottle of my favorite expensive wine. And so on...flowers die.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You came from that shithole?

I don't die for very long.
Been dead lots of times.
Hey, friend, them's fightin' words! :D

Then again, even though I've occupied lots of bodies in the last 3-4 billion years, *I* have never died (I am not this body - it is just a shell that allows me to gain more physical experiences in this crude realm.).

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She says hi :wave:
Oops! Sorry ladies but I'm one of those girls that never liked getting flowers. You want to spend money? Then take me out to eat at some ridiculously expensive restaurant. Buy me a bottle of my favorite expensive wine. And so on...flowers die.
No wonder your single :blowkiss:

Jokes sweetie x

Hey, friend, them's fightin' words! :D

Then again, even though I've occupied lots of bodies in the last 3-4 billion years, *I* have never died
Next time choose a younger one LOL

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Emmy28

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are in serious trouble now. That comment is going to cost you a lot of money.
You give me that ring and you will need a surgeon to remove it.

Your in real bad books now.

Remember when you said be careful about your jokes.

I love you though, just ;)

VU Sponsors