Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I missed it on TV and actually never bought the book. It was serialized in a SciFi magazine I used to read (Amazing Stories?) and it grabbed my attention because it supposedly took place in Portland, Oregon and I had always lived fairly close to there. I vaguely remember that I wanted to eliminate the damn shrink. I do not remember the ending (maybe my subscription ran out).

I have also wondered if each of us isn't actually changing our realities this way. I am sure that I know people who at least change their memories of reality that way. :)
Ohh most people alter the reality as they perceive it to suit their wants and needs.
those involved in those 2 subjects you do not discuss in public come to mind.

but I doubt that any 2 people have exactly the same perception of reality.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ohh most people alter the reality as they perceive it to suit their wants and needs.
those involved in those 2 subjects you do not discuss in public come to mind.
One of these days I'll have to tell you why I won't discuss those, but you are absolutely correct here.
I doubt that any 2 people have exactly the same perception of reality.
I also have no doubts whatsoever that this is a valid viewpoint. Each human contains a different processor than all others. ... similar, but none are identical. When the teacher explained primary colors (ya know, red, yellow, blue), I wondered way back then if when I say something is orange, if the person next to me is seeing green, but agreeing it is orange just because someone else said so. And how many millions of other, more complex, pieces of data are perceived entirely differently?

Isn't it a wonder that any of us can ever agree on anything?

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One of these days I'll have to tell you why I won't discuss those, but you are absolutely correct here.

I also have no doubts whatsoever that this is a valid viewpoint. Each human contains a different processor than all others. ... similar, but none are identical. When the teacher explained primary colors (ya know, red, yellow, blue), I wondered way back then if when I say something is orange, is the person next to me is seeing green, but agreeing it is orange just because someone else said so. And how many millions of other, more complex, pieces of data are perceived entirely differently?

I got a hint of this with my perception of the color "cobalt." Apparently it is actually a shade of blue, but i see it as a shade of purple. Remember lovebeads? And how young girls would thread their own, to make their own jewelry? I got some in a color that looked purple to me, and some yellow, to put a yellow bead every 20 purple beads.... and I was constantly complimented on my "blue and yellow" beads. :facepalm:

Reality is subjective. Reality is what you think it is, which is different from what I think it is.

Andria

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am not sure that we 100% agree on anything.
Maybe maths?
Even though they are imperfect.
And make my head hurt.
I once wrote all over both blackboards in high school trig class to prove 1=2 (no imaginary numbers involved). No one in the class, including the teacher, could figure it out until I pointed out where the error was. That was so fun. Kinda why I love Grumpy Cat.
Everything is in your mind.
Yup. Maybe I should send you a copy of my short story Project: CANAAN (1998). I think you might enjoy it because the premise is your statement.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I checked the local tv station's website tonight and now they're thinking that Matthew will not hit NC directly but rather take an eastward turn and head out to sea. Yippee!!!

I am so pleased to hear that!!!! For you and everyone else in the Carolinas, and my son near Richmond!'

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am so pleased to hear that!!!! For you and everyone else in the Carolinas, and my son near Richmond!'

Andria
YES!! Your son is in Richmond? Do you ever come up to visit? I'm only about 2-2 1/2 hours from there. :)

A stroke of good luck... One less thing for you to worry about.
Yes sir! The thing is so big that we'll probably still get some rain and a bit of wind from it but nothing compared to it making landfall here or SC. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
YES!! Your son is in Richmond? Do you ever come up to visit? I'm only about 2-2 1/2 hours from there. :)

Yes sir! The thing is so big that we'll probably still get some rain and a bit of wind from it but nothing compared to it making landfall here or SC. :)

Nope, we're just too damn broke to go visiting that far. :giggle: We managed Charleston when he was there, but that's only 5-6 hrs away... and I'd always wanted to see Charleston, being so close and never having been there. It's an amazing place! But he'll be relocating back here, sometime between December and next June, not sure yet.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, we're just too damn broke to go visiting that far. :giggle: We managed Charleston when he was there, but that's only 5-6 hrs away... and I'd always wanted to see Charleston, being so close and never having been there. It's an amazing place! But he'll be relocating back here, sometime between December and next June, not sure yet.

Andria
I know you'll be glad to have him back closer to home!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And my newest grandson.

View attachment 63215
Welcome little one :)
Lynn, I just saw those tracks mapped out. Good luck and stay safe. Looks like you'll have little time to get ready

Oh, Rixy, buy the lady some proper flowers. Bad enough you make her have Chinese food 3 times a week.:giggle:
haha, right on brother, although it's not Chinese 3 times, it maybe 3 takeaways a week (that bad really) but it's usually Chinese, Indian and chippy shop / pizza place.

Great news Lynn x......not so great if it's gonna fall somewhere else ? We watched Twister last night, that is one far fetched film, especially at the end, how would they of held on. We enjoyed it though, something to watch.

Last edited:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update on a few things, first off the Reuleaux rx2/3, it doesn't like the Goblin Mini V3, that picky 510 on the mod strikes again.

I put the single deck in, which is wonderful but I'll get to that in a mo, I knew, from using those dual flaptons that a single would ohm out around 0.5ohm. It was reading 0.96ohm on the RX, then I'd unscrew it, 0.72ohm, unscrew it, 1.16ohm o_O I put it on my DNA mods and they all read, 0.52/0.53ohm which is correct.
The Boreas tank works fine on that mod but not the Goblin, sooo, just a heads up folks.

Goblin single deck is by far my favorite, what a great vape that is, single clapton /flappyton whatever, lets just say bigger single coils shine in this tank, flavor is great and the airflow is bang on without the spitback guard, I don't get spitback anyway..... It's a chill out vape, nice in the evenings when you don't want clouds bro. Wicking channels are a bit bigger too, still no leaking or dry hits, 48w, lovely jubbly. I would buy this over the Serpent mini (22mm), just for the of the extension tube, the juice control and the single velocity style deck (Merlin springs to mine here but with more airflow)

I miss my Q Class, a blacked out one with this tank is what I want to run, gotta buy another one now :facepalm:

Morning Y'all.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So the Goblin is a winner. The only thing I read that leaves me a bit leery is even though it's a 22 mm tank, some folks have said there's a problem adjusting the airflow if it's on the Pico due to the battery cap. My assumption is you could just set and forget.

Lynn, good news on the hurricane if the new track predictions are correct.

Morning everyone! Time for more coffee.:coffee2:

MikeyConti

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Update on a few things, first off the Reuleaux rx2/3, it doesn't like the Goblin Mini V3, that picky 510 on the mod strikes again.

I put the single deck in, which is wonderful but I'll get to that in a mo, I knew, from using those dual flaptons that a single would ohm out around 0.5ohm. It was reading 0.96ohm on the RX, then I'd unscrew it, 0.72ohm, unscrew it, 1.16ohm o_O I put it on my DNA mods and they all read, 0.52/0.53ohm which is correct.
The Boreas tank works fine on that mod but not the Goblin, sooo, just a heads up folks.

Goblin single deck is by far my favorite, what a great vape that is, single clapton /flappyton whatever, lets just say bigger single coils shine in this tank, flavor is great and the airflow is bang on without the spitback guard, I don't get spitback anyway..... It's a chill out vape, nice in the evenings when you don't want clouds bro. Wicking channels are a bit bigger too, still no leaking or dry hits, 48w, lovely jubbly. I would buy this over the Serpent mini (22mm), just for the of the extension tube, the juice control and the single velocity style deck (Merlin springs to mine here but with more airflow)

I miss my Q Class, a blacked out one with this tank is what I want to run, gotta buy another one now :facepalm:

Morning Y'all.
Nice review! Been looking at that and the OBS Engine...

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the Goblin is a winner. The only thing I read that leaves me a bit leery is even though it's a 22 mm tank, some folks have said there's a problem adjusting the airflow if it's on the Pico due to the battery cap. My assumption is you could just set and forget.

Lynn, good news on the hurricane if the new track predictions are correct.

Morning everyone! Time for more coffee.:coffee2:
True, the airflow won't adjust on the pico, you have to take the battery cap off to fit the tank on. I run mine wide open so not really a problem. It does work on there though.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Morning Y'all.

The 510 is a bit long, even for my mod with a varitube 510 it had a gap.
I picked up some of these spacers and used 1mm worth and it sits perfect now.
Fasttech has them too.
http://www.kidneypuncher.com/kp-mod-guard-5-pack/

I was getting some resistance jumping also so I ground the base and the bottom of the deck with a dremel so it could make better contact and all is well on any mod including my rx200.

I love that tank!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 510 is a bit long, even for my mod with a varitube 510 it had a gap.
I picked up some of these spacers and used 1mm worth and it sits perfect now.
Fasttech has them too.
http://www.kidneypuncher.com/kp-mod-guard-5-pack/

I was getting some resistance jumping also so I ground the base and the bottom of the deck with a dremel so it could make better contact and all is well on any mod including my rx200.

I love that tank!
Thanks for the info !! I have the 30mm ones. Might have to cut a few down

Last edited:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about a flower report?

She wasn't too please

5xrays.jpg

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a little juice review coming soon, I don't usually do juice reviews but Mike keeps banging on about it so I bought a bottle.

Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy by Carnival Juice Roll Upz

Keep ya posted.
I told her to make some pizza bases, she ain't to keen.....oh and I bought her a turtle I found at a gift shop, you blow in it's butt and it makes a tune but she ain't played with it.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bad enough you make her have Chinese food 3 times a week.
oh wish someone would torture me like that! :D

Georgia has already declared a state of emergency for the coastal counties.
oh dang......that's awful. Haven't seen any news to see what this thing is doing. But very glad for Lynn and Andria's son and all others in the path, that Lynn said it's expected to head out to the ocean

We watched Twister last night, that is one far fetched film, especially at the end, how would they of held on. We enjoyed it though, something to watch.
That movie has soooooo many messed up and unrealistic things in it, but I love it! I have it on dvd, and watch it often. For a few years every time I watched it though...........we'd get a storm come up outta nowhere lol Family wouldn't let me watch it for awhile.

first off the Reuleaux rx2/3, it doesn't like the Goblin Mini V3, that picky 510 on the mod strikes again.
hmmm good to know the 2/3 has a weirdo 510 on it.

Afternoon Debs x
lol You always see me comin! Howdy darlin! xx and howdy to everyone else!

And my newest grandson.
awwwwwwww how precious!! Congrats!

And like my wife says I never foget those damm dawgs!!!
also precious! What cuties they are.

I made some really good juice yesterday. It's called Heavenly Cake, and it's good after 24 hours. It should be even better after a week.
Like the name.......what's in it?

Can't really say much more yet, me likes it a lot though.
Goblin Mini V3 - Winner !
glad you're likin it!

I'm thinking I'll hold off on this one for awhile. I have a Merlin and a Serpent Mini on the way. It hit me the other night that I really don't have a mod to sit those 2 tanks on
Same here. A friend sent me one, but realized when it got here, it's only a 40w. Need sumpthin with a lil more power.

Sorry I'm not thinking straight this morning. My son has a neurologist appointment this morning to go over the results of his MRI and EEG.
Hope the appt goes well!

I just got FLOWERS!!!!! Delivered to my work!!!! OMG!!!!
Thank you thank you thank you Kadly darling!!!!!!
Pretend the smileys are blow kisses. I can't get to them at work.
awwwww how sweet! And so pretty!

I was a member at ecf for a day... maybe two back in... 2010 I think it was. Nothing to bitch about but some of your gripes are pretty funny.
Anyway, seen this thread in new posts a few times and popped in to see what it was... so hi ecf peeps!
welcome to the thread!

Had her institutionalized a couple of times this year. They keep her a couple of weeks and turn her loose.
She was doing pretty well (for her) till the first of this year. When she decided to go off her meds...
BiPolar, delusional, paranoid, and now also seems to have dementia.
Could get to be court assigned as her guardian but she is unmanageable. Sad situation...
I've dealt with mental illness with a few family members and know how hard it can be. Hate that you have to deal with this. Dang near impossible to get folks committed, at least here in Tx. Not a good thing to have to do, but sometimes it's for the best

I learned that belief in God has little to do with religion.
This I agree with unfortunately. Many churches wouldn't know God if He bit em on the butt.

I had that happen with a big maple tree. The root ball, or whatever you call that whole root base/soil/debris was 12 feet across. fortunately it came down parallel to the house rather than on it
Couple of months ago the neighbor's tree fell on our house. Luckily it not big around, just very tall. It was dead and she didn't realize it. She had a lot more cut down after that. It messed up the gutter on one corner. Not sure if the kid's had the roof checked out or not. Need to remember to ask my son about that.

I'm so sorry I said anything about that thread.
No apologies needed hun.

Yes y'all are! Now I wish I had looked into that womper thread way back when! I've wasted so much time!! :gaah:
Glad you're here now.

Hope everyone has a great day!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've dealt with mental illness with a few family members and know how hard it can be. Hate that you have to deal with this. Dang near impossible to get folks committed, at least here in Tx. Not a good thing to have to do, but sometimes it's for the best
Ohh she has been involuntarily committed maybe 10 times. will not stay on her meds likes being crazy.

VU Sponsors