Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
HCigar Cold Steel 100 with Gear RTA and a nice AHD drip tip, Naked Green Lemon
OG Drag with Vaporesso Cascade Baby sub-ohm tank, Lemon Sandy diy (I think I'm out of it after this tank is empty, and it's close)

Evidently I'm in the mood for lemon this morning. Need to add something else.

Drag X with RTA pod tank, Kilo Marshmallow Crisp

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Needs more of something. But I want to let it sit a couple of days before deciding. Even my "shake and vape" mixes smooth out and change over a few days. My orange cotton candy got sweeter and tastes more like a soft orange creamsickle. I still like it though.
after years of making my own, i do not believe in shake and vape. i will not use any of my mix untill it has steeped for 1 week. tobacco mixes 3 weeks.

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi Bob-
I hope all is OK with you and your family. Haven't seen you around very much and this was your last post.
Just wanted to say I miss you.
:hug:
I came down with Covid 19 and double phenomena as a result of it, it hit me very bad for a few weeks but I am back to full steam now, love you Snap, thanks for thinking of me.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Very happy with this setup. Hits better than the Geekvape L200, not sure why. Coils consistently read slightly lower resistance in the GV.

Druga RDA, courtesy of dubya314
Innokin Coolfire Z80
.25ohm nichrome coils
DIY Orange Cotton Candy 3mg
DIY Watermelon/Apple 3mg

12 4 druga.JPG

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very happy with this setup. Hits better than the Geekvape L200, not sure why. Coils consistently read slightly lower resistance in the GV.

Innokin Coolfire Z80
.25ohm nichrome coils
DIY Watermelon/Apple 3mg

View attachment 188331
So glad to hear your enjoying the rda's! That Druga looks like it was made for that mod 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Rabbit is going real nice as well. I only switched because I was tasting some DIY chocolate mix....and the flavor doesn't want to leave! Watermelon/choco! LOL.
I never tried dripping that Rabbit, but loved that lil guy for squonking. If you end up trying squonking, I would definitely recommend putting the bf pin in it and giving it a try.
Edit: Yeah, chocolate gonna kill watermelon for a good long time, lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Innokin Coolfire Z80
.25ohm nichrome coils
DIY Watermelon/Apple 3mg

View attachment 188331
If you turn the af down a tad more on that to just about 1/2, should notice a pretty decent up tick in flavor 👍🏻

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I never tried dripping that Rabbit, but loved that lil guy for squonking. If you end up trying squonking, I would definitely recommend putting the bf pin in it and giving it a try.
Edit: Yeah, chocolate gonna kill watermelon for a good long time, lol
Dripping it is fun because of the single coil, I get right on it. But it wicks up fine otherwise. Hell yeah, I'll definitely get a squonk at some point! But my next device is gonna be this with the RBA and the 510 adapter. Maybe the 21700 version, not sure yet.
1638596971828.png

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dripping it is fun because of the single coil, I get right on it. But it wicks up fine otherwise. Hell yeah, I'll definitely get a squonk at some point! But my next device is gonna be this with the RBA and the 510 adapter. Maybe the 21700 version, not sure
Nice! If you get around to wanting a mech squonk, let me know. Could definitely help out. For whatever reason not many regulated squonks here though.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Nice! If you get around to wanting a mech squonk, let me know. Could definitely help out. For whatever reason not many regulated squonks here though.
I appreciate that. :D I want to learn more about mechs. I understand a bit, but I want to fully understand more about power first. It's difficult for me to grasp how one controls the situation with just batteries and coils. I mean, I get the basics of it. But it seems to me like you can only vape a very low resistance coil with it, and if that's off, then what? You can't change anything with a power setting. Like...wouldn't a .25 build and a .15 build just simply not be interchangable? I'm imagining one must find the match beforehand. I only have 2 kinds of batteries so far, Molicels and 25r's.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate that. :D I want to learn more about mechs. I understand a bit, but I want to fully understand more about power first. It's difficult for me to grasp how one controls the situation with just batteries and coils. I mean, I get the basics of it. But it seems to me like you can only vape a very low resistance coil with it, and if that's off, then what? You can't change anything with a power setting. Like...wouldn't a .25 build and a .15 build just simply not be interchangable? I'm imagining one must find the match beforehand. I only have 2 kinds of batteries so far, Molicels and 25r's.
I'll let someone who can explain it a lot better than me field that one, lol. But no, you do not HAVE to use a super low build on a mech. A high build (1.0 and above) does give a rather weak vape, imho. But the pic I posted above is a .65 build being used on a mech, and a fantastic vape, again imho. That being said, I also love a very low build on an rda with a lot more air flow than that one on a mech. Also yes, there is no adjusting. You are going to get what the battery has to give dictated by the power your build draws, if that makes sense?

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I'll let someone who can explain it a lot better than me field that one, lol. But no, you do not HAVE to use a super low build on a mech. A high build (1.0 and above) does give a rather weak vape, imho. But the pic I posted above is a .65 build being used on a mech, and a fantastic vape, again imho. That being said, I also love a very low build on an rda with a lot more air flow than that one on a mech. Also yes, there is no adjusting. You are going to get what the battery has to give dictated by the power your build draws, if that makes sense?
Yeah, that does make sense. But I guess where I'm confused is that I'm often jumping around the wattages depending on how warm or cold the tank and juice get. Just a bit, but it makes a difference when on the edge. 2-4 watts. I guess you gotta control it with your pull...guessing. Do a little cold puff, then a real puff. I'm guessing.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I came down with Covid 19 and double phenomena as a result of it, it hit me very bad for a few weeks but I am back to full steam now, love you Snap, thanks for thinking of me.
OMG Bob- sorry to read that you have been so very ill ,but glad you are feeling much better now-
I started to miss you and worry when I hadn't seen you in a while. Love you too my friend and thanks for letting me know what happened and hope to see you posting here again.
Are you still doing reviews? I know must be awful trying to get products to test with this US vape shipping ban.
:hug: :blowkiss::hug::blowkiss:

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
OMG Bob- sorry to read that you have been so very ill ,but glad you are feeling much better now-
I started to miss you and worry when I hadn't seen you in a while. Love you too my friend and thanks for letting me know what happened and hope to see you posting here again.
Are you still doing reviews? I know must be awful trying to get products to test with this US vape shipping ban.
:hug: :blowkiss::hug::blowkiss:
Thank you for your concern, I have had a short delay of products arriving but all are making there way to my door.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Yeah, that does make sense. But I guess where I'm confused is that I'm often jumping around the wattages depending on how warm or cold the tank and juice get. Just a bit, but it makes a difference when on the edge. 2-4 watts. I guess you gotta control it with your pull...guessing. Do a little cold puff, then a real puff. I'm guessing.
I think I'm starting to understand a bit more, through a different discovery I just made. My Innokin has a variable voltage mode, and OMG, I freakin' LOVE it!

This possibly helps answer why the GV seems to give me a bit of difficulty with RDA's. I mean, I get it to work good, but it feels fiddly sometimes. Too much voltage.....mods regulate the voltage when we change wattage, and as the batteries get used. But I think the GV algorithm is trying too hard and/or giving me more voltage than I want, or is inconsistent in some way about how it regulates it. At least for ME.

The Innokin shockingly smoothed out any RDA I put on it when in variable voltage mode. SUPER smooth, like finer vapor. And beautiful taste and proper vapor temperature, and easier to dial in. It should not make a difference, but I think it really depends on the regulation. This is a revelation in my understanding.

Unfortunately the GV doesn't have variable voltage. It has a bypass but that's exactly what I don't want. I want the regulation to keep it at 3.6 or 3.7. Of course...I could be all wrong, lol, but damn if I'm not enjoying the hell out of it right now.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I'm starting to understand a bit more, through a different discovery I just made. My Innokin has a variable voltage mode, and OMG, I freakin' LOVE it!

This possibly helps answer why the GV seems to give me a bit of difficulty with RDA's. I mean, I get it to work good, but it feels fiddly sometimes. Too much voltage.....mods regulate the voltage when we change wattage, and as the batteries get used. But I think the GV algorithm is trying too hard and/or giving me more voltage than I want, or is inconsistent in some way about how it regulates it. At least for ME.

The Innokin shockingly smoothed out any RDA I put on it when in variable voltage mode. SUPER smooth, like finer vapor. And beautiful taste and proper vapor temperature, and easier to dial in. It should not make a difference, but I think it really depends on the regulation. This is a revelation in my understanding.

Unfortunately the GV doesn't have variable voltage. It has a bypass but that's exactly what I don't want. I want the regulation to keep it at 3.6 or 3.7. Of course...I could be all wrong, lol, but damn if I'm not enjoying the hell out of it right now.
Does the GV have a voltage read out though? As in, set your wattage, press the fire, and see if it tells you the voltage applied. Maybe you have your watts set on that one to apply a higher voltage than you prefer?

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Does the GV have a voltage read out though? As in, set your wattage, press the fire, and see if it tells you the voltage applied. Maybe you have your watts set on that one to apply a higher voltage than you prefer?
It flashes the voltage. But I honestly think it's inaccurate. When I switch the same tank on the Innokin with VV it's better, even my RTA. But yes, the voltage flash does change depending on wattage. I think it's just totally different regulation algorithms.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm flavor tasting tonight, so I like to have a Goon and Kennedy going for sure, and like to taste test in series as well. So, Unholy on the Goat, OG Goon on Overlord, Kennedy 25 on B2B, and AS mini on the Sceptre. None of these new mixes have screamed love to me, but none have sucked either, so there is that, lol
20211204_225550.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Did that not come with a sticker? I only ask because sxk use to not even make the slot for it? Now I see they do, but comes bare?
No sticker- I just looked in the box too.
No instructions either

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
HCigar VT75 with SC Aromamizer Plus, Kilo Birthday Cake
eLeaf Pico Squeeze with 5a's Basic RDA, Kilo Cinnamon Roll
Vindicator type 2 clone with Rebel Recoil RDA, diy adaptation of @Smoky Blue's OMG!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's an all-stainless-steel day. Or maybe not, maybe some zinc alloy, but everything's steel-colored.

HCigar Cold Steel 100 with Gear RTA, mix of Naked Green Lemon and Kilo Birthday Cake
Timekeeper Revolver clone with Deathwish Mods Imp RDA, Chockamint diy
eLeaf Pico Squeeze (OG) with 5a's Basic RDA, Kilo Cinnamon Roll

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
It's an all-stainless-steel day. Or maybe not, maybe some zinc alloy, but everything's steel-colored.

HCigar Cold Steel 100 with Gear RTA, mix of Naked Green Lemon and Kilo Birthday Cake
Timekeeper Revolver clone with Deathwish Mods Imp RDA, Chockamint diy
eLeaf Pico Squeeze (OG) with 5a's Basic RDA, Kilo Cinnamon Roll
beautiful

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have over 75 mods- I only have a few out that I use, don't want to clutter the counter- soon, others will be rotated in.
Sub Tanks,RDAs, RDTAs, RTAs- too many to count
Factory coils, premade coils- lots of them too
I have been vaping for 7 years- gave me time to build my collections

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
how many vapes do you have?

Are you asking me? If so, I'd guess the count is somewhere near 85 mods and maybe 100 to 110 atomizers. Some of them are packed away, but I have 40 setups on the table next to me that are loaded and ready to go except for batteries. There are another dozen setups in the bedroom. I no longer keep batteries in all of them - used to, but it occurred to me one day that if one battery vented, we'd have a fire in here that would take the whole place down to the ground. I removed a bunch of batteries and put them in a fireproof, blastproof zipper bag.

Like Snap said, I've been vaping a long time, too. Did a lot of my shopping after items had been out for a while and ended up at good prices in clearance sections. I do have a few mods that I spent some money on, a Centaurus, a couple of Squid Detonators and a decent number of good atomizers, but most of my stuff I got when prices were really good. Can't count on doing that any more, though, unfortunately.

VU Sponsors