Become a Patron!

Your Vape Today? Mod, rba, juice, etc

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, from this until today, I swapped out an RD/SA.

RD/SA: On the Athena.

VELOCITYV2SS01_1024x1024@2x.jpg
VELOCITYV2DECK01_1024x1024.jpg

The one here on a vendor site is an authentic Tobeco Velocity v2. I'm using what seems a 1:1 knock off clone.

One can place dual coils in this RDA. I choose to use only 1 coil. That coil is fresh already machine made up 26 awg Kanthal reading ~-.60 Ω. I know, a bit more than usual sweet spot, but it is doing well enough to suit, all that matters.

I have the coil centered between the two posts. One lead is in a top hole, the other is in a bottom hole. It is also centered over the 510 pin. Cascaded the cotton wick, thinned it out a fair bit and left my usual .5 mm in the crest of the coil open.

This I find works out well, vaping in the style of restricted direct lung. The air tube in the top of the coil helps with air flow. In this Velocity deck(rda) I am only opening the tiny eyeholes for air. It is drawing fine.

Still recommend the Velocity style RD/SA for anyone learning to rebuild, seeking entry into RD/SAs. They are a very forgiving atomizer with more than ample space. Maybe they seem too simple, it takes a little to appreciate that and master it. Probably why I go back to one every so often. Ah, nostalgia.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, from this until today, I swapped out an RD/SA.

RD/SA: On the Athena.

VELOCITYV2SS01_1024x1024@2x.jpg
VELOCITYV2DECK01_1024x1024.jpg

The one here on a vendor site is an authentic Tobeco Velocity v2. I'm using what seems a 1:1 knock off clone.

One can place dual coils in this RDA. I choose to use only 1 coil. That coil is fresh already machine made up 26 awg Kanthal reading ~-.60 Ω. I know, a bit more than usual sweet spot, but it is doing well enough to suit, all that matters.

I have the coil centered between the two posts. One lead is in a top hole, the other is in a bottom hole. It is also centered over the 510 pin. Cascaded the cotton wick, thinned it out a fair bit and left my usual .5 mm in the crest of the coil open.

This I find works out well, vaping in the style of restricted direct lung. The air tube in the top of the coil helps with air flow. In this Velocity deck(rda) I am only opening the tiny eyeholes for air. It is drawing fine.

Still recommend the Velocity style RD/SA for anyone learning to rebuild, seeking entry into RD/SAs. They are a very forgiving atomizer with more than ample space. Maybe they seem too simple, it takes a little to appreciate that and master it. Probably why I go back to one every so often. Ah, nostalgia.

That looks like a hoss of an RDA.

Velocity decks are easy to build. I agree.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That looks like a hoss of an RDA.

It is, and surprisingly for the large chamber, the flavor isn't too muted. Pulled another swap. Took off the Velocity and slapped on the Mongrel. It's a bit of a big 'un too. Difference being the Mongrel boasts a deep juice well, low hung chamber.

Ah yes, located my black SQ. It is one I got off of @Syythe a while back. Got another I think from @gadget! , an Orange one with Punisher skull painted on and a Retribution RDA. If it wasn't @gadget!, apologies. It needs a bit of TLC currently, need to adjust the "throw" on it, not properly making contact.

The SQ took over for the Athena. *grin* Get back to working, might get a couple more SQs.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It is, and surprisingly for the large chamber, the flavor isn't too muted. Pulled another swap. Took off the Velocity and slapped on the Mongrel. It's a bit of a big 'un too. Difference being the Mongrel boasts a deep juice well, low hung chamber.

Ah yes, located my black SQ. It is one I got off of @Syythe a while back. Got another I think from @gadget! , an Orange one with Punisher skull painted on and a Retribution RDA. If it wasn't @gadget!, apologies. It needs a bit of TLC currently, need to adjust the "throw" on it, not properly making contact.

The SQ took over for the Athena. *grin* Get back to working, might get a couple more SQs.

You sound like me. Every time I get a new piece of gear it takes weeks of switching pieces and parts around until I land on combinations that I really like.

If my Vindicator ever comes, the battle of the stainless Mongrel vs the Recoil Rebel will begin. The Rebel is a fantastic dual coil atty. Y'all would probably never stop laughing your heads off, though, if you saw how I built the thing. It has two parallel 26awg ss coils in it, look like about six wraps each. Even with all that metal, the thing fires instantly and has great flavor, and will fill my living room with vapor after three or four hits.

I only have the "snake bite" cap for it, so I guess I was just lucky that I like it so much.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
SXK BB 70W with "The Last One" Mobb bridge clone, Caramel Waffle Cappuccino remix diy
Aspire/Sunbox Mixx sbs mod with SC Aromamizer Lite, Praline Custard Cake diy

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Blue Steel Billet Box, 60W DNA, with SXK VapeSnail RBA, Vapetasia Killer Fruits Grape (yummy)

I ordered these stabwood panels off Etsy yesterday. Will be using them on the Blue Steel BB. They'll be coming from Ukraine. I don't know how the guy who makes these has kept going through all the mess that has to be happening around him.

1679752750377.png

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Blue Steel Billet Box, 60W DNA, with SXK VapeSnail RBA, Vapetasia Killer Fruits Grape (yummy)

I ordered these stabwood panels off Etsy yesterday. Will be using them on the Blue Steel BB. They'll be coming from Ukraine. I don't know how the guy who makes these has kept going through all the mess that has to be happening around him.

View attachment 203287
Those are gorgeous panels!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Lost Vape Thelema 200, Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA ("Cloudy"), Keep It 100 - Nana Foster

Geekvape Aegis Legend, Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA ("Tempest"), Beard Vape Co. - The One Blueberry

Geekvape L200, Wotofo Serpent RTA, DIY tester - Please Have S'more Custard V2.0

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
SXK BB DNA60 (dark purple) with "The Last One" Mobb clone bridge, Sadboy Strawberry Jam Cookie
Aspire/Sunbox Mixx SBS mod with SC Aromamizer Lite, Praline Custard Cake diy

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mod: Geekvape Athena Mechanical Bottom Feeding Squonker
RDS/A: Athena Bottom Feeding RDA
Coil: Single machined 24 gauge (K/N/SS/T) at .50 Ω 3 mm ID
Wick: Muji "organic" cotton, pinched a bit off Scottish rolled. .5 mm left in top of coil as airspace. Ends fluffed & thinned.
Bottle: Using the PET plastic bottle instead of the included silicone. Simply a matter of tactile preference.
Juice: See. Mixed the mod's bottle worth of a batch size.
Opine: Doing what it says on the tin. Enjoying my "spiced rum" flavored juice for vapor. It is yummy to me, all that matters I guess. There may be better, or worse. Not knocking anyone, or any other flavors, juices. Nobody is asked to vape what I vape.

I am soaring high, fast and free! :D :p My nozzles are sparkling clean. The rings are snug and moist. "I am a leaf on the wind, see how I soar!"

Last edited:

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Innokin MVP 3.0 PRO
Wotofo Serpent RTA
DIY tester - Buttership (Desert Ship/butterscotch/honey/taffy PB)
IMG_20230331_091952249~2.jpg
Had a bit of a scare with Goldy yesterday.
I have two MVPs but don't use them much anymore but am still very fond of them. I figured that it was time to check their charge state and top them off. Pinky was around half or so but Goldy wouldn't turn on.
No response at all.

Put it on the charger and tried but still nothing, though it looked like the little LED indicator on the top did have a faint red glow.
After a bit it powered on which sort of looked like a reset, if it can do that.
It took 7 to 8 hours on a 0.5 wall wart but Goldy did charge full by the indicators (4500mah internal). Never got warm as I checked a few times.

Seems to be okay though, I've about 25 puffs running at 25 watts out of the 60 maximum and the screen battery level hasn't dropped a bar yet.

I guess that I must have forgot to turn it off a while ago and it had a slow drain down until it powered off.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
geek vape s100 mod with my really old super tank mini 25 mm filled with reds apple berries

There's not a thing wrong with a Super Tank Mini, especially with Tobeco or Vaporesso c-Cell coils in it. They're still a great vape.

Today I'm using:

Vandy Vape Requiem squonker kit with OG RDA, Solo Punch diy
Blue Steel Billet Box with "The Last One" Mobb clone bridge, Vapetasia Killer Fruits Grape
Aspire/Sunbox Mixx mod with SC Aromamizer Lite, Praline Custard Cake diy

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
SXK BB 70w, white PEI with resin doors, with SXK Killa-B bridge, Backyard Vanilla remix diy
SXK BB 70w, champagne silver, with "The Last One" Mobb bridge clone, Caramel Waffle Cappuccino remix diy

VU Sponsors