Become a Patron!

Your Vape Today? Mod, rba, juice, etc

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
your DIY tester sounds so freakin yummy!
Thank you, though it is definitely still a work in progress!
I mostly got some chocolate with a bit of custard from this (first) version, not bad, but not living up to the name yet.
It also probably has the largest number of flavors of any mix I've done yet as I pretty much just mashed two recipes together. I'll most likely try to slim it down when I mix a revision.
If I get it to a place I'm happy with I'll post it up!

Thank you, though it is definitely still a work in progress!
I mostly got some chocolate with a bit of custard from this (first) version, not bad, but not living up to the name yet.
It also probably has the largest number of flavors of any mix I've done yet as I pretty much just mashed two recipes together. I'll most likely try to slim it down when I mix a revision.
If I get it to a place I'm happy with I'll post it up!
I'd be happy to try it, so please do post it up when you are ready!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'd be happy to try it, so please do post it up when you are ready!
Will do!
I did write up a revised version - still has eight flavors though.
I've slacked off a bit with my mixing as I'm not working through my testers very fast, but I'll get it in next time I mix.
I think I'm down to around 40 in my steeping drawer now, I was near 70 at one point. Some are getting very well steeped!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Will do!
I did write up a revised version - still has eight flavors though.
I've slacked off a bit with my mixing as I'm not working through my testers very fast, but I'll get it in next time I mix.
I think I'm down to around 40 in my steeping drawer now, I was near 70 at one point. Some are getting very well steeped!

You know, everyone feels differently about things, but my feeling has always been that if it takes 8 flavors, or 12, or 16 to make your recipe taste like you like it, then for the love of Pete, go for it!

If other folks mix your recipe and think it needs a nudge this way or that, they're going to nudge it, no matter how many flavors or how much testing you put into it to begin with. Don't know about you, but I almost always adjust recipes that aren't mine, and I mean no disrespect to the original developer, but everyone's tastes are different.

I've heard a few folks talk about "a good recipe shouldn't have more than 7 flavors," and I think that's hogwash.

One thing I have learned, and it took me a while, is that when using a lot of flavors it gets easier for some of those "background" flavors to overwhelm your main profile, so you do need to be careful of that. Otherwise, have it like you want it.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Jeez, that was fast! How do you like it?
Love it!! Well worth every penny. It’s smoother than the iv, a little less vapor production but much smoother and better flavor. vape production appears to be because of the stock drip tip. I put the drip tip from the iv on it snd that improved.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Billet Box DNA60 (Blue Steel) with "The Last One" Mobb clone, Vapetasia Killer Fruits Grape
Vandy Vape Requiem kit with OG Requiem RDA, Solo Punch diy (strawberry orange lime "sherbet" plus ginger ale)

The more I use this Requiem, the better I like it. Nice, small, punchy mech squonk with a sassy little single-coil RDA. Samsung 20S in it doesn't hurt, either.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
SXK BB 70W (champagne silver) with "The Last One" Mobb clone bridge from 2FVape, Caramel Waffle Cappuccino remix DIY

Got some nice clear Monarchy-style panels from 2FDeal for this BB. Love 'em! Since FT is no more, I think 2F is my new place for BB stuff.

Last edited:
The Serpent Pit!!!
(left to right)
GV L200, Wotofo Serpent RTA, DIY- Stone Walls V1.0
GV L200, Wotofo Serpent RTA, FRYD - Cream Cake
Eleaf Power 2C, Wotofo Serpent RTA, DIY - Waterbloo V1.0

View attachment 202883
I'm looking for a new tank, what do you like about the GV L200, Wotofo Serpent RTA? I think they also have a tank that's called Serpent Elevate, is that different from what you are using? I have a zeus RTA, but I'm looking for a secondary tank that provides a good amount of vapor with a small drip tip.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm looking for a new tank, what do you like about the GV L200, Wotofo Serpent RTA? I think they also have a tank that's called Serpent Elevate, is that different from what you are using? I have a zeus RTA, but I'm looking for a secondary tank that provides a good amount of vapor with a small drip tip.
Hi, those are the original Serpent RTAs, I found a bunch on clearance last year so stocked up on them. It's an older single coil tank but still works well (for me anyway!). I've recently been using them with a vertical coil setup which is why they have my attention more now.

I do have the Elevate and used it briefly and which is, I think, the most recent version. Single coil with top airflow so no leaking. No issue with it while I used it, I had too many RTAs going at that time so let it rest a spell.

I do have the Zeus (ZX - not mesh) as well but have not used it much either because I had too many running. (I just started using rebuildable tanks last year and pretty much built each one as I got them, haha)

I've bounced from one to the other so much that I don't think I could recommend one over the other right now!

I like the L200 and haven't had any problems with mine, though they are a little easier to tip over than some of my other mods. The Geekvape Aegis Legend 200 watt is my favorite mod but are out of production now, so I'm resting those and mostly use the L200s (and a couple of others).

Sorry, I don't think any of that is of much help to you!

PS - I did mix the V2 S'more custard, still letting it steep a bit. Probably about two weeks out from a verdict.

Hi, those are the original Serpent RTAs, I found a bunch on clearance last year so stocked up on them. It's an older single coil tank but still works well (for me anyway!). I've recently been using them with a vertical coil setup which is why they have my attention more now.

I do have the Elevate and used it briefly and which is, I think, the most recent version. Single coil with top airflow so no leaking. No issue with it while I used it, I had too many RTAs going at that time so let it rest a spell.

I do have the Zeus (ZX - not mesh) as well but have not used it much either because I had too many running. (I just started using rebuildable tanks last year and pretty much built each one as I got them, haha)

I've bounced from one to the other so much that I don't think I could recommend one over the other right now!

I like the L200 and haven't had any problems with mine, though they are a little easier to tip over than some of my other mods. The Geekvape Aegis Legend 200 watt is my favorite mod but are out of production now, so I'm resting those and mostly use the L200s (and a couple of others).

Sorry, I don't think any of that is of much help to you!

PS - I did mix the V2 S'more custard, still letting it steep a bit. Probably about two weeks out from a verdict.
Hey, thanks for the reply! I love my Zeus RTA, it's awesome. Thanks for the info on the Serpent RTA's. They are on sale for $15 at one of the online vape shops so I was thinking of throwing one in my cart. I can't wait to hear what you think of the s'more custard juice you made. I can imagine it's amazing!

(Geek Vape L200 Aegis Legend 2 200W Box Mod ). This mod is NOT out of production! I just got mine a month ago from Element Vape. I got the Obelisk version and It's the Obelisk tank that is driving me nuts! , this tank has coils and isn't rebuildable. Leaks like a SIEVE. My least favorite thing is being covered in vape juice from a leaking tank. I'm also experimenting with nic salts, so far I'm enjoying the less harsh hits. My Zeus RTA is built at 0.33 ohms and I'm vaping at 38 watts.

Keep me updated on your new juice, I'd love to hear about it when it's done steeping!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey, thanks for the reply! I love my Zeus RTA, it's awesome. Thanks for the info on the Serpent RTA's. They are on sale for $15 at one of the online vape shops so I was thinking of throwing one in my cart. I can't wait to hear what you think of the s'more custard juice you made. I can imagine it's amazing!

(Geek Vape L200 Aegis Legend 2 200W Box Mod ). This mod is NOT out of production! I just got mine a month ago from Element Vape. I got the Obelisk version and It's the Obelisk tank that is driving me nuts! , this tank has coils and isn't rebuildable. Leaks like a SIEVE. My least favorite thing is being covered in vape juice from a leaking tank. I'm also experimenting with nic salts, so far I'm enjoying the less harsh hits. My Zeus RTA is built at 0.33 ohms and I'm vaping at 38 watts.

Keep me updated on your new juice, I'd love to hear about it when it's done steeping!
Oh, yeah, the L200 (Legend 2) is still in production and I also have the new L200 Classic (dual 21700) which is closer looking to the original Legend. (their naming scheme invites confusion!)
Here is one of my earliest original Legends (they have the silicone armor on the outside),
IMG_20220518_152256967_HDR_2.jpg

I'm not sure which Serpents that shop has, but I would suggest the Elevate if available since it won't leak with the top airflow. The ones in my pic will leak if my wicking is a bit off.
It is only a single coil RTA so vapor production probably would not be as great as what the Zeus gives you.
I might put a build in mine later today and post a pic here.

If the S'more custard recipe turns out okay I'll post it up. Even if it doesn't, I can pm you where I'm at and maybe you can take over and fine tune it.
(I've been mixing less than a year)
Or I can just pm it to you as is, no promises that it delivers the goods yet though!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Geekvape Aegis Legend
Wotofo Serpent Elevate RTA
FRYD - Cream Cake
IMG_20230309_111935526~2.jpg
Haha, I did try to brush off the silicone armor before taking the pic but it just didn't help
Speck on the lower part of the display screen is actually inside :(

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
SXK BB 70W champagne silver with "The Last One" Mobb clone bridge, Sadboy Strawberry Jam Cookie
Vindicator clone tube mod with Recoil Rebel RDA, King's Crest Don Juan Cafe

New Vindicator tube shipped yesterday! It will be my first authentic Kennedy, and I can't wait!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
SXK BB 70W champagne silver with "The Last One" Mobb clone bridge, Sadboy Strawberry Jam Cookie
Vindicator clone tube mod with Recoil Rebel RDA, King's Crest Don Juan Cafe

New Vindicator tube shipped yesterday! It will be my first authentic Kennedy, and I can't wait!
Very cool that you didn't miss out on an authentic!
I haven't tried mine yet as my original idea was just to get a couple of mechs for if all else fails, but I might get curious before then.

I really like the look of the stainless with the copper switch but settled on the black for easier (I think!) maintenance.

I went with the 25mm. Was thinking about the 28mm, but figured a little overhang won't bug me... I hope!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Very cool that you didn't miss out on an authentic!
I haven't tried mine yet as my original idea was just to get a couple of mechs for if all else fails, but I might get curious before then.

I really like the look of the stainless with the copper switch but settled on the black for easier (I think!) maintenance.

I went with the 25mm. Was thinking about the 28mm, but figured a little overhang won't bug me... I hope!

Thanks! I was tickled to pieces to find out that Kennedy was shipping again.

I have two Vindicator clones that had me convinced to get an authentic, but I just didn't get to it before they were out of business.

I don't use tube mechs a whole lot, but it's super nice to have a couple really good ones, just in case.

I also went with the 25mm, but in ss.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MOD

Geek-Vape-Athena-squonk-Mod-with-RDA.jpg

Geekvape Athena mod

RD/SA

Advken-Gorge-RDA-marketing-.gif

Advken Gorge RD/SA currently using the included capillary 510 screw to use it as a squonking RSA (an RDA used for squonking).

MOD

authentic-thunderhead-creations-thc-thunder-storm-bf-squonker-mechanical-box-mod-black-pps-8ml-1-x-18650-20700-21700.jpg

Thunder Head Creations (THC) - Thunder Storm squonk mod

RD/SA

hellvape-dead-rabbit-v3-rda.jpg

Hellvape's Dead Rabbit v3 RSA (Again using an included capillary screw to use the RDA for squonking.)

I've got drip tips off of a Damn Vape's Mongrel on each of these. The Gorge is capped with the Ultem cap. Got the SS cap around. (Not spotted it since moving.)

Both atomizers are using coils that read between 0.30 to 0.35 +/- 0.05 Ω. Their respective coils are each ~ 3 mm ID and likely 26 awg Kanthal, single strand wrapped 5 to 7 times round the mandrel. The coils are not spaced but squeezed together.

Using mechanical mods to vape I'm seeing ~ 28 W on a fresh charged 18650 battery to ~ 22 / 20 W the lowest on a discharged battery. I usually have a sense of the battery being in need of recharge before it gets too low. The vapor production cues one in. I would say I average 24 W.

Hint/Advice: Try to leave about a 20% charge on a battery. This safe buffer, known at times as headspace, helps the recharging process. Also, recall to let batteries rest between recharging and use.

The two of these kits, been swapping out in my hands for at least a month now. I'm guessing the coil in the Gorge is at least six, maybe nine months old. With proper care, hygiene, one can have a coil last a good long while. Use care to note the state of the coil's material. Start to see pockmarks, divots in the metal, then it is a good idea to build a fresh coil to replace the old one. Entropy like change is eternal.

Juice

The Athena has some junk juice in it currently. Took juice out of a regulated Vandy Vape Pulse squonker and added it to some 'Berg menthol in the Athena's bottle.

In the Storm's bottle, I got just the 'Berg menthol.

Will eventually ween myself back to unflavored 18 mg/ml nicotine strength base juice. Thought some ~ 12 mg/ml odd flavors was a nice way to break up monotony. Been doing alright, but I miss my 18 mg/ml juice. Have to vape more of the lower strength. Not that juice costs are outrageous. One still likes being frugal.

"Holy cow! Magic Mist can actually throw together a good post when he wants."

*Karl Childers voice,* "Uh huh. Reckon y'all done know too much now."

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
MOD

Geek-Vape-Athena-squonk-Mod-with-RDA.jpg

Geekvape Athena mod

RD/SA

Advken-Gorge-RDA-marketing-.gif

Advken Gorge RD/SA currently using the included capillary 510 screw to use it as a squonking RSA (an RDA used for squonking).

MOD

authentic-thunderhead-creations-thc-thunder-storm-bf-squonker-mechanical-box-mod-black-pps-8ml-1-x-18650-20700-21700.jpg

Thunder Head Creations (THC) - Thunder Storm squonk mod

RD/SA

hellvape-dead-rabbit-v3-rda.jpg

Hellvape's Dead Rabbit v3 RSA (Again using an included capillary screw to use the RDA for squonking.)

I've got drip tips off of a Damn Vape's Mongrel on each of these. The Gorge is capped with the Ultem cap. Got the SS cap around. (Not spotted it since moving.)

Both atomizers are using coils that read between 0.30 to 0.35 +/- 0.05 Ω. Their respective coils are each ~ 3 mm ID and likely 26 awg Kanthal, single strand wrapped 5 to 7 times round the mandrel. The coils are not spaced but squeezed together.

Using mechanical mods to vape I'm seeing ~ 28 W on a fresh charged 18650 battery to ~ 22 / 20 W the lowest on a discharged battery. I usually have a sense of the battery being in need of recharge before it gets too low. The vapor production cues one in. I would say I average 24 W.

Hint/Advice: Try to leave about a 20% charge on a battery. This safe buffer, known at times as headspace, helps the recharging process. Also, recall to let batteries rest between recharging and use.

The two of these kits, been swapping out in my hands for at least a month now. I'm guessing the coil in the Gorge is at least six, maybe nine months old. With proper care, hygiene, one can have a coil last a good long while. Use care to note the state of the coil's material. Start to see pockmarks, divots in the metal, then it is a good idea to build a fresh coil to replace the old one. Entropy like change is eternal.

Juice

The Athena has some junk juice in it currently. Took juice out of a regulated Vandy Vape Pulse squonker and added it to some 'Berg menthol in the Athena's bottle.

In the Storm's bottle, I got just the 'Berg menthol.

Will eventually ween myself back to unflavored 18 mg/ml nicotine strength base juice. Thought some ~ 12 mg/ml odd flavors was a nice way to break up monotony. Been doing alright, but I miss my 18 mg/ml juice. Have to vape more of the lower strength. Not that juice costs are outrageous. One still likes being frugal.

"Holy cow! Magic Mist can actually throw together a good post when he wants."

*Karl Childers voice,* "Uh huh. Reckon y'all done know too much now."

You know what? You might really enjoy the Augvape Alexa RDA. It looks very much like the Gorge, and is an airy single coil atty with a roomy deck and very good flavor. It's kind of a little monster of an RDA, but certainly not overly hot. Just a tough little bugger. Next time you're in the market, you might take a look.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know what? You might really enjoy the Augvape Alexa RDA. It looks very much like the Gorge, and is an airy single coil atty with a roomy deck and very good flavor. It's kind of a little monster of an RDA, but certainly not overly hot. Just a tough little bugger. Next time you're in the market, you might take a look.

*looks it up & locates on a vendor, bookmarks for return to purchase after looking the RDA over, going "oooh, aaah, asking George Gray if it sliced toast and hearing him say "You betcha!"*

It does look a monster. :D :)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
SXK BB 70W, black, with PSYC clone bridge, Freeman Ruth's Loot (chocolate chip cookie)

Kennedy Vindicator clone, black, with Recoil Rebel RDA, King's Crest Don Juan Cafe

VU Sponsors