Become a Patron!

Zero Modz by Carlos Creation ... CLONED!!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well the V2 is completed, Yosen sent me a tracking # at 3am, but its the weekend in China so I won't have mine until prolly this time next week. For anyone waiting on FC I would suggest that you email them and ask what the current status on their side is.
No per our agreement you let me know then we do as we planned remember my dear? :) I hope you are in no hurry I have to buy atleast 2 now the Gf wants one she is not getting a replaced chip she gets it as is hahaha

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
40W Zero Mod - Pic that does it. It also doesn't feel so much like a clone any more =]

973335095d37acb28b2025b406ea3876.jpg

Next thing is to try temperature control. Nickel wire has been ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An associate of mine would like to know how you worked out the ground circuitry on that conversion....with schematic if you do not mind.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No idea what that means but ok

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I dunno. It says it ships in 5 days. I ordered two of the V2 (I think it's actually V3) of them directly from Yosen a couple weeks ago, and that would match the timeline pretty well. Too bad I didn't wait, Fasttech is selling them for $5 over what they quoted me for orders of 10 pcs, and I planned on putting a DNA 30 & 40 in them anyhow.

No loss to you, FT is selling the V1 chip based on the specs in the listing. And there is no V3, there has only been one chip upgrade.

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No loss to you, FT is selling the V1 chip based on the specs in the listing. And there is no V3, there has only been one chip upgrade.

Gotcha. Good, it was the threading I was concerned about anyhow.

MDizzy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The zero arrived today but somewhat mixed news. The threading on 510 is great, no issues there at all and I am happy with that. The screen however is a little skewed. Now, the bad news. It was all going well until It started auto firing. There was no way to stop it other than taking out the battery. It took less then 20 seconds and putting everything back in made it auto fire again. So, third time I removed the atty, put the battery in and it was not auto firing. However, it won't fire at all now and there was a burnt smell coming out of the device. The screen still works but whatever atty you attach it just says check atomizer. I opened it up, nothing visible seems wrong. it smells burnt and there is a little dot, rough under the finger on the small chip. It seems like something got fried in there. I tried different resistance atties, no luck.

Anyway, dna40 arrives tomorrow and will swap them. It was always the plan but I didn't expect that id fry the chip so quick.

Other than this, beautiful device and really well made.

DAMN!!!!! This exact thing just happened to me this morning!!!!!! Yesterday all was good and I was so happy. Now... not so much :(

I don't really want to return this because I wrapped it in leather already which wouldn't be so hard to do again but I'm out of leather. Any one of you who can successfully install a DNA 40 in here for me, name your price and I'll mail it into you. Pretty please :)

I'll give a few days to wait to hear back from one of you kind fellows and then I may have to send this thing back to Focal which I don't really want to do.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
DAMN!!!!! This exact thing just happened to me this morning!!!!!! Yesterday all was good and I was so happy. Now... not so much :(

I don't really want to return this because I wrapped it in leather already which wouldn't be so hard to do again but I'm out of leather. Any one of you who can successfully install a DNA 40 in here for me, name your price and I'll mail it into you. Pretty please :)

I'll give a few days to wait to hear back from one of you kind fellows and then I may have to send this thing back to Focal which I don't really want to do.

damn that sucks to hear! hopefully @Doris can address these concerns with their QA team before any more of these get sent out

MDizzy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
40W Zero Mod - Pic that does it. It also doesn't feel so much like a clone any more =]

973335095d37acb28b2025b406ea3876.jpg

Next thing is to try temperature control. Nickel wire has been ordered.

Please do me, haha!!! Nice work, I sent you a message I think. Not sure how this site works yet, it wasn't like a PM on other boards. But I'd love to have this done to mine.

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I wish I could get an order of just the body so I could try my hand at modding a DNA40 in, is the V1 fine bodywise? Because I may as well just grab that $70 one on FT if the problems are with the chip...

MDizzy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I wish I could get an order of just the body so I could try my hand at modding a DNA40 in, is the V1 fine bodywise? Because I may as well just grab that $70 one on FT if the problems are with the chip...
Mine seemed pretty sound in that regard. I just got the auto firing thing going on but has nothing to do with the aesthetic of it. I don't think V2 or V3 of the Yosen will have anything to do with the body so I'd say have at it!

check out those specs... that is the old chip, and probably factory rejects. The V2 chip has a 8.3v max output. I was speaking to SXK on FB last night after I came across the above pics, so it looks like they are doing some back door transactions with FT. Based on the display that definitely looks like the same V1 chip.
Do you think fasttech would knowingly sell faulty products though(factory rejects)? Honest question. Seems like that would be a huge hassle to them with all the returns they would have to deal with. I honestly feel like I got a little ripped if the fasttech ones are the same as the one I got from Focal.(I got mine from the first batch they sent out) So I have the version 1 right? Maybe 10-$20 wouldn't be a huge deal, but this is around $40 cheaper, even a little less with the ft's coupon code. That's almost the cost of a dna40 chip. I guess maybe that's what I get for jumping the gun...

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The other thing to think about @icebat is FT is buying these by the thousands. They are getting alot better deal per piece than we could so are still making money.

The other thing to think about @icebat is FT is buying these by the thousands. They are getting alot better deal per piece than we could so are still making money.
Yeah I realize that, but don't you think focal is in the same boat, buying very large quantities?

@Oggy Right, but like I said in my post I believe what I received from Focal was a v1. I'm not trying to say that anyone owes me anything, I guess this is maybe the price I pay for being an early adopter, but it is a little disappointing. If Yosen, or Focal would replace the v1's it would make me feel a little better about the situation. Maybe they will, who knows. It's just that $40+ is a pretty good chunk of change. Maybe I'm just being a selfish consumer.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok... just some thoughts and opinions that I've developed about FT and FC... these could certainly be just as easily wrong...

I'd assume that FastTech purchased much more than Focal for one main reason... they have been doing it much longer and have had time to grow where FC is relatively new. Another clue... it seems everyone that has an issue with something they got from FC deals with Doris... you don't hear of just one person doing it for FT. Of course, Doris may be superhuman :D

I wouldn't be surprised if FT bought seconds or worse... I know they do carry some very sub-par products at the least. I also hear complaints of known brand name goods more often when they were sourced from FT as apposed to known approved distributors ( Kanger comes to mind the most since that is what I used for so long and still do on occasion ).

I have little experience buying from FC... but going by the number of good stories that I hear about Doris and how much she helps... I have to assume that if good service is so much of a FC policy... so is trying to source good products at the best price they can. As I mentioned in the first sentence... I don't know any of this for certain, it is just what I'm able to piece together on my own to make my opinions of each company.

filipvisnjic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My thinking from start was to replace the original chip with dna40 so having the clone chip die in the first 15 minutes was kind of a good thing. There have been too many complaints about this chip's performance to just go ahead and use it daily. I just don't trust it.

Spending around $150 on this mod was something I was ready to do from the start. I love the size and the form factor. However you can get a reliable, manufacturer's guarantee device like vaporshark for the same price.

If you are not ready to spend $120 - $150 on this clone/authentic hybrid, it's probably best to stay away. The original chip is bad, really.

You can also just get dna30 (they'll get cheaper now) and use this instead. You'll have a reliable chip in a beautiful case.

wasteyrself

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't be surprised if FT bought seconds or worse... I know they do carry some very sub-par products at the least.
They're trying to shill that fucking Vapor Flask V1 with the built-in unremovable 2200mah battery, that shit is awful.

filipvisnjic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Please do me, haha!!! Nice work, I sent you a message I think. Not sure how this site works yet, it wasn't like a PM on other boards. But I'd love to have this done to mine.

I wish I knew how. I am also based in the UK so I don't think you want to ship your mod overseas for a fix =]

Anyone with a little soldering experience can do this. I had help from the pros so the job took little over 2 hours. This includes them learning what is a mod and how it works to completing the transplant =]

I did however do quite a bit of research so I pointed them in the right direction. I just couldn't solder and don't know enough about electronics. This is a good start to learn how it needs to be connected:

http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna40.pdf

This was also very useful as a reference:

http://instagram.com/p/wBCCKINbLS/

filipvisnjic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
An associate of mine would like to know how you worked out the ground circuitry on that conversion....with schematic if you do not mind.

The ground connects to the s/s case, it goes straight down. Since the battery negative on the board is also connected internally to ground, this means that by connecting ground to the case you create a circuit. Remember, your battery negative is connected to the s/s casing.

Does this make sense?

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Oggy Right, but like I said in my post I believe what I received from Focal was a v1. I'm not trying to say that anyone owes me anything, I guess this is maybe the price I pay for being an early adopter, but it is a little disappointing. If Yosen, or Focal would replace the v1's it would make me feel a little better about the situation. Maybe they will, who knows. It's just that $40+ is a pretty good chunk of change. Maybe I'm just being a selfish consumer.

I knew they'd be cheaper very soon, but I was impatient. Meh, my character flaw costs me money sometimes. I paid about $244 (2 of them) w/shipping from Yosen direct, so don't feel too bad.

Last edited:

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya that would be the one aesthetic improvement that they could make to the Zero clone. Mine weren't really sharp, but they didn't give the edges a slight radius finish like the authentic. But I have seen the pics of the SX Zero and those are radius finished around the edges, which is more like the authentic.

I used to be a watchmaker, and doing something like that to the edges by hand is very easy. Try a satin bar. They are like a big eraser impregnated with diamond grit, used to touch-up & refinish brushed SS/gold watch cases & bracelets.

Just go slow, make your strokes at the same angle & always parallel to the grain of brush. Tape areas you don't want to overlap. From the looks of these in the pics (don't have mine yet) medium or maaaaybe fine would be perfect. They are also handy for keeping brushed SS stuff looking new.
http://www.ofrei.com/page250.html

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok... just some thoughts and opinions that I've developed about FT and FC... these could certainly be just as easily wrong...

I'd assume that FastTech purchased much more than Focal for one main reason... they have been doing it much longer and have had time to grow where FC is relatively new. Another clue... it seems everyone that has an issue with something they got from FC deals with Doris... you don't hear of just one person doing it for FT. Of course, Doris may be superhuman :D

I wouldn't be surprised if FT bought seconds or worse... I know they do carry some very sub-par products at the least. I also hear complaints of known brand name goods more often when they were sourced from FT as apposed to known approved distributors ( Kanger comes to mind the most since that is what I used for so long and still do on occasion ).

I have little experience buying from FC... but going by the number of good stories that I hear about Doris and how much she helps... I have to assume that if good service is so much of a FC policy... so is trying to source good products at the best price they can. As I mentioned in the first sentence... I don't know any of this for certain, it is just what I'm able to piece together on my own to make my opinions of each company.

Fasttech is the much larger company, as per similarweb statistics FT's traffic is about 8 million visits per month, whereas FC is 450K, that is a world of difference. Keep in mind that FT also sells everything related to electronics, so that is not just ecigs.

Also for the sake of clarity, its not that the V1 chip was a bust across the board, it wasn't. As I pointed out in my review, there were sub par batches that came off a particular production lines. The first two pieces that I received were not produced on the same production line, of this I am certain. I have one V1 which is stellar, and the other is a little wonky and finnicky with couple of my atties. There are those who received a great working unit, those with minor quicks, and some with major issues that made it completely unusable ... just like every other product out of China. Such is the nature of mass production.

The only thing that can be said with certainty about what FT is selling is that is the V1 version chip. Its possible that they are factory seconds, but we will not know that for sure until someone receives it. . We also know that Yosen stopped selling the V1 chip and asked all to wait on the V2 upgraded version ... so it looks like FT is selling what was left of the V1's which was not an across the board issue for all that received that version.

We don't even know if the "v2" will be any better for the record, we only know that this is the version that Yosen and Infinite are now selling ...

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
They're trying to shill that fucking Vapor Flask V1 with the built-in unremovable 2200mah battery, that shit is awful.

Precisely .. that is the clone that was rejected around the world, and it ended up on FT because no other vendor wanted it.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My thinking from start was to replace the original chip with dna40 so having the clone chip die in the first 15 minutes was kind of a good thing. There have been too many complaints about this chip's performance to just go ahead and use it daily. I just don't trust it.

Spending around $150 on this mod was something I was ready to do from the start. I love the size and the form factor. However you can get a reliable, manufacturer's guarantee device like vaporshark for the same price.

If you are not ready to spend $120 - $150 on this clone/authentic hybrid, it's probably best to stay away. The original chip is bad, really.

You can also just get dna30 (they'll get cheaper now) and use this instead. You'll have a reliable chip in a beautiful case.

The original chip is not bad .. you got a bad one, there is a difference. Do you have any idea how many of these were sold? Literally thousands, and reports of defects or faulty chips are not even numbered in the hundereds. But I don't disagree at all that a real DNA chip is better ..

-V-

Member For 4 Years
Transplant complete but not without the help of friends that know what they are doing. It really is a great device and DNA40 is fantastic. It doesn't even come close to the clone chip although mine was pretty crap anyway so.

Anyhow, here are some pics of the install. As I mentioned earlier we had to include new buttons since the original board the buttons were fixed would just not work with dna40, well we couldn't figure out how to. There is some glue gun action here, it ain't pretty but it works great. We also had to play around a little with the buttons to get the right feel to them since they are not fixed to any board. Luckily the wood insert pushes them nicely into place so just a little bit of glue gun to hold them in place is enough.

We also decided to leave the original charge port in place since it was nice and snug. I'll save the new one for another mod should I decide to venture there. Zero will keep me happy for some time.

I also ordered some extra sleeves from Yosen over Facebook. They ship DHL and transaction was smooth. Hope to get them soon - gray, gold and s/s.

Now, photos...

a0f6534094ad5750afcd13798107ce97.jpg
f0b19482de04de970a7edd02ffea744f.jpg
5aba1d172cb59981ec09e29a542187ff.jpg
6b3f0bce28860f483aaa218a3dd37359.jpg
7107f58b026fdeb331a484d9d142557c.jpg
e2ad22031e652d3d151e28b88a213d6b.jpg
cf4dcced62d910a8f936d9bbd4435f52.jpg

Ignore the screen on the last pic, it's fine but because of the refresh rate of the screen is about the same speed as of the iPhone it's kind of hard to capture. I'll try iOS slowmo to see if this works better.
So the way with the buttons which it came with was on a daughter board, so that wasn't able to be used for the DNA 40?
Where did you get the new buttons and what were the specs/sizes of the new buttons?

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got an email from Carol at Yosen, they are going to ship me some sleeves (gratis) with my order.
Very nice of them. I don't know what they look like though, the pics aren't clear. Does anyone know if there is a plain black with no engraving, or a brushed SS?

Edit to add: I see the ones earlier in the thread, but the pics they sent look like there might be a plain black, a carbon fiber, and the one they are calling brushed looks like it's the blasted one that comes with it. So I'm slightly confused.

Last edited:

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, does anyone know exactly what size/type anti-vandal button is used for the firing switch on the genuine Zero mod? I'd like to use one of those if I'm going to be replacing the button anyhow for the gen DNA conversions.

I will use these in stock form for awhile & write up a review. I'm new to the new world of ecigs, but I was a very early adopter & stopped using them in 2008 & came back to all these wonderful gadgety devices.

My last favorite before I started "vaping" again was the Ruyan "bling."

I just got an email from Carol at Yosen, they are going to ship me some sleeves (gratis) with my order.
Very nice of them. I don't know what they look like though, the pics aren't clear. Does anyone know if there is a plain black with no engraving, or a brushed SS?

Edit to add: I see the ones earlier in the thread, but the pics they sent look like there might be a plain black, a carbon fiber, and the one they are calling brushed looks like it's the blasted one that comes with it. So I'm slightly confused.

Hi bitfi3nd I just had 3 sleeves delivered from Carol (also free as I produced some photos of the yosen zero,you may've seen them as I post as mtv71 on the Fasttech forums) and she sent the gold,grey and the silver.
The sleeve named brushed silver is indeed the stock one that comes with the zero,the one you want is the silver.
It's a very nice dull mirror finish and looks superb on the mod.
I'm shooting some more photos this afternoon with the new sleeves and I'll pop a few on here :)

Oh hi Nikki ;) how's things?

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi bitfi3nd I just had 3 sleeves delivered from Carol (also free as I produced some photos of the yosen zero,you may've seen them as I post as mtv71 on the Fasttech forums) and she sent the gold,grey and the silver.
The sleeve named brushed silver is indeed the stock one that comes with the zero,the one you want is the silver.
I'm shooting some more photos this afternoon with the new sleeves and I'll pop a few on here :)

Thanks. That clears things up a bit.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Ben darling :D Hiya hun .. Well its about time you posted something :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok ... My mind is swirling from the vast amount of misinformation swirling around the internet with regards to the Yosen/Infinite Zero Modz. So lets clear it up shall we.

First .. The upgraded black box packaging for the Zero Modz in no way, shape, or form signifies a Version 2 of this device. The new packaging is exactly that, a new package. At best the black box can be related to the timing of production batches, but not a new version of the Zero Modz. Up until now, every single Zero Modz held in hand is a V1, whether you have a brown box, or a black box.

As I stated when I first started this thread, my shipment of the Zero V1 was initially delayed pending receipt of the new black gift box. The gift box did not arrive after one week of waiting for it, so it was shipped to me with the old box. So those of you that have identified the black box as a V2 are incorrect.

Every single Zero Modz held in hand by any person right now is a V1, whether they have the old brown box, or the newer black gift box.

V1 and V2 Zero Modz.

V1 chip specs : 2v-7V output , V2 chip specs: 3v-8.3v output.

Fasttech is selling what remains of the V1 Zero Modz, based on the published specs in their listing, which is essentially Yosen's unsold V1 stock. This has also been confirmed by Yosen Tech to me, and anyone else who has contacted them directly for clarification. Going forward both Yosen and Infinite will be supplying the V2 chip version of the Zero Modz, which has literally just started to ship, and no one including myself has in hand yet.

Those of you with pending Zero orders from FC will be receiving the V2 Zero Modz confirmed ... FC's first batch that went out was the V1. Yosen delayed FC's remaining order, along with everyone else's when Yosen made the public announcement two weeks ago that they were no longer going to sell the V1 chip Zero, and asked everyone with pending orders (individuals and vendors) to please wait patiently for them to complete the new V2 Zero Modz with the new chip.

It is also worth stating that just because FT is selling the V1 Zero Modz does not mean that whoever buys it will get a crappy unit. IMO the units that were crappy were due to poor assembly and poor QC. While there are those who didn't like the punchy power of the V1 chip, there were also those who had no problem with it.

Is it really such a terrible thing that you can get the same vape at 10W on the Zero V1, that you got at 12-15W on other DNA's? For me no, but that is subjective, and everyone is entitled to their own tastes, and point of view.

I, for one am not assuming that the V2 chip will be better, at this point we can only hope that it is ..

Last edited:
Lol I thought so too Nikki ☺️
Not had a chance to look around properly here yet as I've been following the zero frenzy over at FT ( I sincerely want everyone there to get a good one and not a 1st batch disaster)!
Anyway let's deflect from that and enjoy a little sleeveporn image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Ok ... My mind is swirling from the vast amount of misinformation swirling around the internet with regards to the Yosen/Infinite Zero Modz. So lets clear it up shall we.

First .. The upgraded black box packaging for the Zero Modz in no way, shape, or form signifies a Version 2 of this device. The new packaging is exactly that, a new package. At best the black box can be related to the timing of production batches, but not a new version of the Zero Modz. Up until now, every single Zero Modz held in hand is a V1, whether you have a brown box, or a black box.

As I stated when I first started this thread, my shipment of the Zero V1 was initially delayed pending receipt of the new black gift box. The gift box did not arrive after one week of waiting for it, so it was shipped to me without the old box. So those of you that have identified the black box as a V2 are incorrect.

Every single Zero Modz held in hand by any person right now is a V1, whether they have the old brown box, or the newer black gift box.

V1 and V2 Zero Modz.

V1 chip specs : 2v-7V output , V2 chip specs: 3v-8.3v output.

Fasttech is selling what remains of the V1 Zero Modz, based on the published specs in their listing, which is essentially Yosen's unsold V1 stock. This has also been confirmed by Yosen Tech to me, and anyone else who has contacted them directly for clarification. Going forward both Yosen and Infinite will be supplying the V2 chip version of the Zero Modz, which has literally just started to ship, and no one including myself has in hand yet.

Those of you with pending Zero orders from FC will be receiving the V2 Zero Modz confirmed ... FC's first batch that went out was the V1. Yosen delayed FC's remaining order, along with everyone else's when Yosen made the public announcement two weeks ago that they were no longer going to sell the V1 chip Zero, and asked everyone with pending orders (individuals and vendors) to please wait patiently for them to complete the new V2 Zero Modz with the new chip.

It is also worth stating that just because FT is selling the V1 Zero Modz does not mean that whoever buys it will get a crappy unit. IMO the units that were crappy were due to poor assembly and poor QC. While there are those who didn't like the punchy power of the V1 chip, there were also those who had no problem with it.

Is it really such a terrible thing that you can get the same vape at 10W on the Zero V1, that you got at 12-15W on other DNA's? For me no, but that is subjective, and everyone is entitled to their own tastes, and point of view.

I, for one am not assuming that the V2 chip will be better, at this point we can only hope that it is ..

Damn you're good Nikki
With your knowledge and those cheekbones you're a force to be reckoned with lol.

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is some speculation in another forum that the uninsulated switch wires in the V1s is causing the auto-firing & burnouts, which is certainly possible. Anybody that has one might want to paint some Plastidip or similar on them to insulate them if they are planning on keeping the original chip.

filipvisnjic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is some speculation in another forum that the uninsulated switch wires in the V1s is causing the auto-firing & burnouts, which is certainly possible. Anybody that has one might want to paint some Plastidip or similar on them to insulate them if they are planning on keeping the original chip.

They actually are insulated so I don't think that's the problem.When you see the ends on close inspection you can tell. See image below.

b8946550720f1dfef2a90b40a8f035f4.jpg

b2b33e84ba26ee3c9c6698b9eb1d0e30.jpg

bitfi3nd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They actually are insulated so I don't think that's the problem.When you see the ends on close inspection you can tell. See image below.

b8946550720f1dfef2a90b40a8f035f4.jpg

b2b33e84ba26ee3c9c6698b9eb1d0e30.jpg

OK, strike that. In the pics that translucent amber looks like uninsulated copper.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Lol I thought so too Nikki ☺️
Not had a chance to look around properly here yet as I've been following the zero frenzy over at FT ( I sincerely want everyone there to get a good one and not a 1st batch disaster)!
Anyway let's deflect from that and enjoy a little sleeveporn View attachment 9848View attachment 9849 View attachment 9862 View attachment 9863 View attachment 9864

Agreed darling! Now Ben .. these photos are so deliciously stunning, you did a fantastic job, I love every one of them! Beautiful presentation, love the soft corners of the frame ... Diamonds ;)

Ok, well now you have upped the ante ... Nikki's got to get to work, lol. Thanks for the inspiration :cool:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Damn you're good Nikki
With your knowledge and those cheekbones you're a force to be reckoned with lol.

Aww thanks Ben :) .. I just like clear, objective, and accurate information. Confusion makes me pissy :p

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

SXK is not known for their background in electronics, and I think this was also their first foray into any DNA style chip devices ... learning curves I guess. I sure hope that they learned from the mistakes made on the V1, and bring a new understanding to the V2. This device is much too beautiful and otherwise well made to end up panned.

fury

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Found some time to get the 40 installed today and it's working grreaat! I think this may be my new favorite mod.

uKFxEqw.jpg

I left out the USB charge port because I don't use it. I think the screen is a little tiny bit off so I will be readjusting and may install the charge port later.

Bring some patience with you because it's really tight in there.

Wiring

See DNA40 Wiring diagram for button wiring layout and specifics. (Page 8)
http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna40.pdf

Zero specific wiring:

Ground is wired directly to stainless steel body - Reuse the solder spot already present on the zero body. I wired both battery ground and ground to body and used them as legs for the board. Similar to how it shipped from Yosen.

Red lead wire from the Zero insert wired to Out on the DNA board (Atomizer).

Black lead wire from the Zero insert wired to Battery + on the DNA board (Positive Battery).

**If your doing this your Zero may be wired from Yosen differently than mine was. You need to verify this before wiring to your DNA chip. You can see the wire soldered to the 510 pin - that one goes to Out. On mine it was red, but don't assume another Zero would be the same.

w0ffrvJ.jpg

Buttons

I used these switches off of Amazon:

12mm x 12mm x 4.3mm Momentary Tact Switch (Fire)

6mm x 6mm x 5mm Momentary Tact Switch (Power Adjustment)

Notes:
On the 12 x 12 fire switch I snipped the 4 plastic dots off of the face of the switch

Smaller wire is better - Evolv calls for 28 gauge minimum - it's tight in there.

I got to the end thinking I was all done and buttoned everything up and it wasn't working. The buttons seemed ok, but they were getting pressed just enough. This prevented the device from turning on. So, make sure your tact switches have good clearance.

I reused the board and super glued the switches to it after soldering the leads - it may have been easier to leave out the board.

TGrTGJH.jpg

Make sure to verify placement - this wasn't my first try
rRDvpTY.jpg

Connected to board and ready for solder
1XFSFyN.jpg

From the bottom
UvvMIJ4.jpg

Screen

I reused the tape from the factory to keep the alignment while it's being installed. If you hold it up to a light source you can make out the outline of the screen and get it aligned pretty straight then fold the tape down over it.

Also, the solder next to the usb port on mine was preventing me from adjusting the screen so I had to remove some of the solder to get the screen straight.

Time for a vape
BidAqDu.jpg

I'm done building for today. I'll test the temp control tomorrow.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@fury thank you so much for posting this pictorial with explanation. I am sure there are a boat load of vapers who love you right now :D

compile

Member For 4 Years
Wonder if an SXMini 350 would fit in there. Don't understand why FT or FC dont force their suppliers to use authentic chips. Increasing the price by $10-30 is not much if it has a board that isn't fucked up.

Hi guys, Hi Nikkita

being following this post and need some help

FT as just start selling a different version of the Zero... 35 wts with G-Sensor.....

The first version on FT everyone was thinking being the yosen V1 but now they confirmed that isn't the yosen clone! strange....

But now with the 35wt version.... what a mess!!

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...-modz-style-g-sensor-variable-wattage-apv-box

any comments on this 35wts version?

thanks

filipvisnjic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys, Hi Nikkita

FT as just start selling a different version of the Zero... 35 wts with G-Sensor.....

The first version on FT everyone was thinking being the yosen V1 but now they confirmed that isn't the yosen clone! strange....

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...-modz-style-g-sensor-variable-wattage-apv-box

thanks

That seems like hotcig version using SX350 chip clone. I'd be interested to hear what their experience with this device is. Anyone ordering?

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Wonder if an SXMini 350 would fit in there. Don't understand why FT or FC dont force their suppliers to use authentic chips. Increasing the price by $10-30 is not much if it has a board that isn't fucked up.

FT and FC have absolutely no power when it comes to manufacturing, and their suppliers are not manufacturers either in most cases. Also you have to understand that Yihi does not just sell their chip to anyone, and the SX 350 it contracted to two manufacturers at the moment, so no else can use the chip.

Yihi as a company is a little disgusting though, they look down on other Chinese manufacturers, and if you could hear a few of their reps speak you would be shocked to hear how they speak about the Chinese as if they are not Chinese themselves .. Yihi has a superiority complex for real.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys, Hi Nikkita

thanks

FT Zeros .. well technically the Yosen/Infinite Zero's are SXK made Zero's so FT saying it isn't a Yosen Zero is semantics at work .. It is indeed the same V1 Zero that I reviewed, and that everyone who has one is walking around with.

The SX Zero is being supplied by Hotcig, but it is not Hotcig made. I really can't offer anything else on it at the moment because I don't have it yet. But I find it very interesting that the manufacturer of it had said last week the SX Zero would be completed this past weekend, and Monday it shows up on FT. Not a surprise since FT has long since been supplied various clones by Hotcig.

Like everyone else, I hope it doesn't suck :D

VU Sponsors