Become a Patron!

ALLERIA RTA v2 BY AUGVAPE

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really is more intense....If your looking for a smaller tank then that is the only tank I would suggest. The Griffin has been superseded by the Boreas and the Alleria is the secoind tank in my line up....The deck is the same size as the Crius and Cthulhu V2 but the flavor is much more intense, I would think it all has to do with the Glass chamber and the insulation from the excess heat...It keeps everything consistent within the RTA while vaping and the chamber being small make the vape have more of a punch...
You could chain vape @ 100w for an hour straight and have no problems grabbing the whole tank with your hands...I love it.
Now that's a huge plus! My Boreas (and Griffin) get so hot I have to wait to refill them, because the top is too hot to touch!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Now that's a huge plus! My Boreas (and Griffin) get so hot I have to wait to refill them, because the top is too hot to touch!
When you refill the Boreas do you get some slight leaking? If you do follow this, I do this now everytime I refill the Boreas. Close down everything, fill it up and leave a small bubble, tip the Boreas upside down and then open everything up to where you want it then flip it right side up and take a normal draw. If you take a few draws directly after you fill it there wont be any leaking and you will have the entire tank filled. If I dont do this it leaks a pretty large amount out of the airholes (almost 1/4 tank leaks out slowly).

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you refill the Boreas do you get some slight leaking? If you do follow this, I do this now everytime I refill the Boreas. Close down everything, fill it up and leave a small bubble, tip the Boreas upside down and then open everything up to where you want it then flip it right side up and take a normal draw. If you take a few draws directly after you fill it there wont be any leaking and you will have the entire tank filled. If I dont do this it leaks a pretty large amount out of the airholes (almost 1/4 tank leaks out slowly).
Nope, I refill it like the say in the instructions, and it doesn't leak! Although last time the tank got low it did spit out some boiling juice at me:eek:

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im designing a block deck rda ,LOL
I've been planning out one but have no sort of architects/engineers eye so I have been waiting for someone to do it and do it right lol.
Quad hole 2 post (velocity/griffin style) with a good size to fit the 3.5-4mm builds
I can't wait to see what you come up with though buddy!

sent from a dumb operated smart phone

whiplash leon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I've been planning out one but have no sort of architects/engineers eye so I have been waiting for someone to do it and do it right lol.
Quad hole 2 post (velocity/griffin style) with a good size to fit the 3.5-4mm builds
I can't wait to see what you come up with though buddy!

sent from a dumb operated smart phone

what ? 3.5-4.0mm? thats crazy !!

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of peeps waiting on the back BOREAS? Any update? What about the RAYMO RTA?
Raymo said in another thread he kinda lost contact with Augvape since the Boreas dropped, so no idea whats up there. I dont think they even made it to the prototype phase yet, so its probably still a good ways out.

But anyways, anyone else think the Alleria pushes out TOO much flavor? I feel like mine does. Its just super saturated vapor pumping outta that thing. I swear sometimes it almost feels like Im sucking up a thin milkshake or something. Its so thick and creamy feeling and just lush with rich heavy flavor. Almost too much sometimes. I ran a tankful of this Ice Cream Donuts Bedrock through it and GOD DAMN, it was so intense I almost couldnt finish it off.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Raymo said in another thread he kinda lost contact with Augvape since the Boreas dropped, so no idea whats up there. I dont think they even made it to the prototype phase yet, so its probably still a good ways out.

But anyways, anyone else think the Alleria pushes out TOO much flavor? I feel like mine does. Its just super saturated vapor pumping outta that thing. I swear sometimes it almost feels like Im sucking up a thin milkshake or something. Its so thick and creamy feeling and just lush with rich heavy flavor. Almost too much sometimes. I ran a tankful of this Ice Cream Donuts Bedrock through it and GOD DAMN, it was so intense I almost couldnt finish it off.
The tank is a FLAVOR FIRST TANK DUDE... U taste everything...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing I don't like it about it is the juice capacity,
Look here
When I go to work it's 11 miles
By the time I get to work tank is empty lol

VAPE IT

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lmao, mine lasts a little longer than that, but yea.

I just took it apart to re wick it, and GOD DAMN son, I ripped my fingers to shreds on this bitch. When I first got it I mentioned how all the edges are sharp and theres little burrs and shit on it and how if you ever got the top cap stuck youd fuck yourself up tryin to get it open. Well...my top cap got stuck...and I fucked myself up tryin to open it lol.

I dunno, I wanna love this thing, but its just problems. Really gritty threads (its like rubbing 2 pieces of sandpaper together screwing it together, makes my spine shiver.), razor sharp edges and serrations, metal burrs on the deck, poorly formed airflow on the deck (holes all jagged and burred). Its just a pain. With how much everyone was raving about the build quality I feel like I either...A) Just got a dud, B) I got one of the later ones and everyone else got very early ones, or C) I some how got a poorly made knock off. Probably A, but really dont matter since it feels like all 3.

Romano Cheese

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
One thing I don't like it about it is the juice capacity,
Look here
When I go to work it's 11 miles
By the time I get to work tank is empty lol

VAPE IT

That is true. Top fill is nice but filling it twice an hour gets old. Maybe a 25mm version will be out in the near future?

Really gritty threads (its like rubbing 2 pieces of sandpaper together screwing it together, makes my spine shiver.), razor sharp edges and serrations, metal burrs on the deck, poorly formed airflow on the deck (holes all jagged and burred).

My threads are pretty gritty, gotta back out and try again a few times. My airflow holes aren't bad but I did think that wick ring on the deck was removable so I spent a few minutes trying to unscrew it just to cut up my thumb. I do think it's a good tank, just needs a little more quality control.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats what Im sayin. When it first hit, people were saying it was the best quality tank they have. One person said miles above the Griffin. They must have gotten one of the protos or a very early run (early runs of stuff are made well for reviewers and shit), or we just got duds. I dunno, but I emailed the place I bought it from to see what I can do about it.

Ive got a Boreas coming Monday so at least Ill have somethin new to play with then.

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thats what Im sayin. When it first hit, people were saying it was the best quality tank they have. One person said miles above the Griffin. They must have gotten one of the protos or a very early run (early runs of stuff are made well for reviewers and shit), or we just got duds. I dunno, but I emailed the place I bought it from to see what I can do about it.

Ive got a Boreas coming Monday so at least Ill have somethin new to play with then.
My Alleria came without the ring that holds the wick in place and also had a lot of burrs. I emailed Subtank supply about it and they sent me a new deck with the ring, its better but it still had some burrs. It’s a good flavor tank but it needs some quality controll for sure.

Now the Boreas has excellent build quality, I don’t know what happened with the Alleria maybe it was made by a different cnc machine shop.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im really looking forward to the Boreas. It almost HAS to have better build quality, if it was any less than the Alleria it would just fall apart lol. Im exaggerating but you get the point. Should have mine monday.

Also have a new Moonshot RTA Ive been toying with. That thing has amazing build quality and I love how tiny it is. Its kind of hard to build on because of the way the deck is laid out, but once you get it down its wonderful.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You gonna forget about the ALLERIA when you get the BOREASS dude... I will forget about the ALLERIA when I get my GIANTS... I already know It will see the dark side, I hope STS will replace yours man, did you try to juice the gritty parts?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I hope the QC on the next batch of the BOREAS won't be RUSH out... Since we all know how they rush all this tanks out to outsell competitors...

VAPE IT

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You guys can grab some 1000grit wetsanding paper from Walmart car section and knock down the edges if you find them that sharp...You wont have anymore issues afterwards. Try not overtightening the cap, once it hits the O-ring its sealed and wont turn on its own either so it doesnt need to be cranked down on.

alexm

Member For 4 Years
lmao, mine lasts a little longer than that, but yea.

I just took it apart to re wick it, and GOD DAMN son, I ripped my fingers to shreds on this bitch. When I first got it I mentioned how all the edges are sharp and theres little burrs and shit on it and how if you ever got the top cap stuck youd fuck yourself up tryin to get it open. Well...my top cap got stuck...and I fucked myself up tryin to open it lol.

I dunno, I wanna love this thing, but its just problems. Really gritty threads (its like rubbing 2 pieces of sandpaper together screwing it together, makes my spine shiver.), razor sharp edges and serrations, metal burrs on the deck, poorly formed airflow on the deck (holes all jagged and burred). Its just a pain. With how much everyone was raving about the build quality I feel like I either...A) Just got a dud, B) I got one of the later ones and everyone else got very early ones, or C) I some how got a poorly made knock off. Probably A, but really dont matter since it feels like all 3.
Sounds like you got a dud. I have an original and one with the delrin tip from the original eBay seller (acersio). Both are a little bit sharp on the top cap knurling but nothing like you describe.

I wash my tanks and lube the threads / rings with juice before using.

But yeah. It's a flavor beast and drinks juice like it's going out of style. I wish it was at least 5ml but with the easy top fill it's not a big deal. And I love being able to see the wicks / coils. Zero guesswork on whether or not it's time to dry burn or rewick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love the Alleria...Cant beat checking your wicking and coils on the fly...no more wondering how and what to diagnose...
I found my old Authentic V3 Flip diggin through old gear...I forgot all about this damn thing...for a SS Tube this thing hits!!!

In the Alleria is the Smallest Framed Staple Ive ever done...Its 3 x .3 Ribbon/28N80/40N80 (7 Wraps/2.5mm ID @ .18 Ohms)

20160403_223451.jpg 20160403_223357.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the Alleria...Cant beat checking your wicking and coils on the fly...no more wondering how and what to diagnose...
I found my old Authentic V3 Flip diggin through old gear...I forgot all about this damn thing...for a SS Tube this thing hits!!!

In the Alleria is the Smallest Framed Staple Ive ever done...Its 3 x .3 Ribbon/28N80/40N80 (7 Wraps/2.5mm ID @ .18 Ohms)

View attachment 45952 View attachment 45951
Pssst

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a love hate relationship with Alleria. The flavor is top of the charts. I will go 1-3 tanks then can't get top off to fill, will unscrew whole top and then get it apart. Of course during this process the sharp edges do a number on fingers. No regrets, love the tank, frustrating when run into fill issues. Raymo, you mentioned somewhere about sanding down, would be a shame on black tank, ss would be done already. I still highly recommend due to performance, glass chamber, but negative points are annoying.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont tighten mine down all the way, and still it gets stuck somehow. Go figure.

I have a love hate relationship with Alleria. The flavor is top of the charts. I will go 1-3 tanks then can't get top off to fill, will unscrew whole top and then get it apart. Of course during this process the sharp edges do a number on fingers. No regrets, love the tank, frustrating when run into fill issues. Raymo, you mentioned somewhere about sanding down, would be a shame on black tank, ss would be done already. I still highly recommend due to performance, glass chamber, but negative points are annoying.

You tried the Boreas tank? Id get one if you havent. It doesnt have the intense flavor the Alleria does, but its close, and its much better on build quality. MUCH better. Check one out if you have the money.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the top cap gets locked tighter maybe when opening and closing juice control, IDK. Keep trying to make it looser, but still gets tighter.

Yes, the Boreas is on the buy list for sure, trying to hold out until the Supreme and Alleria get old..lol

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am loving the intense flavor out of my alleria but this thing leaks like no other. I can't seem to keep this thing from leaking above the AFC. Kept it loose, made it tight, changed out gasket. Always so leaky.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, maybe its just faulty? Other than the quality issues mine functions perfect. In fact, Ive only had leaking problems with 1 tank out of the dozen or so I have, and thats been the Subtank Mini. And that one is just terrible. Extremely leaky no matter what I try and with these gClapton Gold coils it spits up HORRIBLY. Like every single hit I wind up with a mouth full of juice. Its gross. Thing sucks so bad I dont even use it or the Kbox Mini it sits on.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, maybe its just faulty? Other than the quality issues mine functions perfect. In fact, Ive only had leaking problems with 1 tank out of the dozen or so I have, and thats been the Subtank Mini. And that one is just terrible. Extremely leaky no matter what I try and with these gClapton Gold coils it spits up HORRIBLY. Like every single hit I wind up with a mouth full of juice. Its gross. Thing sucks so bad I dont even use it or the Kbox Mini it sits on.
This thing leaks like my subtank did... that is why I'm getting frustrated. Never had this with my Griffin.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably going to sell this Alleria off and pickup a Boreas... sucks because the flavor is insane on this tank! Just tired of having to constantly wipe this thing.

VU Sponsors