Become a Patron!

ALLERIA RTA v2 BY AUGVAPE

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Single coil setups, especially higher performance ones, are really underappreciated I feel. There's some tanks and drippers that are just awesome with a single coil ss clapton or vertebraid. Dual coil is not necessarily better in those devices. I did a flat (ribbon) clapton 316L build on the tsunami last night, and the single coil version beats the heck out of the dual coil version of that build. But I think people see single coil and think kayfun style, mouth to lung, super restricted airflow..
I have a tsunami clone but haven't built it yet. I was going to build a 6x.4n80 wrapped in 40k or was thinking about framing it with 26n80. I might still build the coil but only throw a single and not a double into the tsunami. So how it goes.

I always ran a single vertical 2x28SS430 wrapped in 40k in TC mode in my Aromamizer. That thing has only been beaten in flavor by the Alleria. Better than my Griffin and only that single 7 wrap vertical coil.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Me, too, lol! I at least want to test it asap. I think Boreas might be keeping the machine shop busy. I was told Subtank Supply ordered 800 more!
That's where I got my personal boreas from. Going to be uploading a video to our channel soon featuring it and another for the alleria. I'm a big fan of bottom airflow so I was skeptical about the boreas, but it has pleasantly surprised me. Actually talked to augvape directly about these two and my channel, but they gave me a strange reply then never answered..lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That's where I got my personal boreas from. Going to be uploading a video to our channel soon featuring it and another for the alleria. I'm a big fan of bottom airflow so I was skeptical about the boreas, but it has pleasantly surprised me. Actually talked to augvape directly about these two and my channel, but they gave me a strange reply then never answered..lol

Hmm, I can ask for you.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got hot and smelled like burning (was the board). Now it says all attys are 0.14 ohm and constantly says No Atomizer and Ohms Too High, lol!
Circuit heat protection fail! No good at all.

There is that newer tc mod I saw the other day that is a cool micro mod. Just too boxy for me. I can't remember the name of it though.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got hot and smelled like burning (was the board). Now it says all attys are 0.14 ohm and constantly says No Atomizer and Ohms Too High, lol!
Shit i was actually eyeing this mod, did it just burn up all by itself or did you get liquid spilled inside?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Shit i was actually eyeing this mod, did it just burn up all by itself or did you get liquid spilled inside?

No, all by itself, lol! I only had it 5 minutes. No juice whatsoever.

I have some pretty old mods here that work fine.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Another had his do the same thing as soon as he put the battery in.

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Correct. My only suggestions after testing were to change the top fill to what you see on it now, and make the drip tip Delrin because the SS one got hot really fast.

Merlin is my next RTA with Augvape. We are behind though due to Boreas so I'm not sure when it will be released. I haven't even tested it yet.

I stand corrected, not the first time I've been wrong and I'm sure it's not going to be my last :D

But it's still a great little atty, just wish it held as much juice as the Boreas, as the way I've been vaping it the juice disappears extremely quickly :D

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went back to the Alleria this morning for a little bit before work. Been neglecting it since getting a bunch of new stuff to play with like my Cricket, Knight clone, and Boreas. I forgot what a beast tank it is and how awesome the juice control and glass chamber are. Gotta show it love more often lol

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stand corrected, not the first time I've been wrong and I'm sure it's not going to be my last :D

But it's still a great little atty, just wish it held as much juice as the Boreas, as the way I've been vaping it the juice disappears extremely quickly :D
That is my problem with the alleria. I empty the tank way too quickly. That is why I want the boreas. The huge capacity and everyone saying it is a great vape with flavor Better than the Griffin

Last edited:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So guys, I got a second Alleria today. Got a second because I was told they were making some changes to it after hearing some feedback, and wanted to see whats up.

Gotta say, they did fix the issues I had with my first one, for sure. Ill do a side by side with some pictures in a little bit, just got home from work.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So guys, I got a second Alleria today. Got a second because I was told they were making some changes to it after hearing some feedback, and wanted to see whats up.

Gotta say, they did fix the issues I had with my first one, for sure. Ill do a side by side with some pictures in a little bit, just got home from work.
I'm interested to hear/see what is different. How long ago did they start asking this improved version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The first shipment of the new ones hit the shop on Tuesday and they shipped it the same day. So its pretty recent.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry it took a while, got wrapped up in other shit and then had to take apart and clean the first Alleria for the pics.

So, youll see in the pics the difference. What you cant see is how much smoother the threading all is. The original Alleria I got (referred to as #1 from here on out) had such bad threads that it felt like you were rubbing sandpaper together when screwing it together. Even worse than that even, it was BAD. On the new one (referred to as #2) the threading is smooth. Its still not super butter smooth, but its definitely not bad or even close to how it is on #1.

You can see in the pic below you can see #1 on top and #2 on the bottom. The picture doesnt do justice to how deep and sharp the serrations are on #1s "grips" on the top and bottom pieces, but believe me, they are SHARP. They cut my hand up something fierce the other day when the top cap got stuck. They were terrible. On #2 you can clearly see they have nicely rounded off the grips into a circular shape. They are totally smooth and nice. No more cut up fingers! Plus they added that another row of grips onto the second unscrewable piece (that top section is 3 peices) to make it much much easier to get the top cap off the juice holes. Awesome.

About the only thing negative about #2 is that the post holes look just a little tiny bit smaller than on #1, which might effect you if you like to use fancy wire, but lets be honest, you werent gonna fit framed staples on #1s deck or post holes either.
35a6k1w.jpg

Next pic is more of the same. They replaced the sharp boxy grips with the smooth rounded off ones on the build deck base/airflow adjuster.
2e33d45.jpg

Last picture is the build deck itself and the airflow holes. #1 is on the right and #2 on the left. You can kind of see #1s airflow holes are jagged and sharp looking. There are a lot of razor sharp burrs sticking up and out on #1s deck and airflow holes, it was very poorly machined. It just looks like total shit in person, like something youd get out of a bubblegum machine.

On #2 it looks like they took more time with it and focused on it because the airflow holes are cleaned up and theyve put an angle on the edge so its not a 90 degree corner anymore from the build deck to the inside of the airflow hole. Much smoother and no more burrs or sharp edges or corners.
2n0khn7.jpg

Altogether they did good. The first Alleria I got functioned perfectly, but those sharp edges and burrs and shitty threads just made me not want to use it they were so bad, so now that they cleaned it all up and changed the grip points, its an amazing tank in all aspects. Super super happy with the new one.

Gotta give a big huge shout out to Subtank Supply. The guys there are fucking awesome people with great customer service and actually care about who they sell to and the product they sell. Cant speak highly enough about them. If you need or want any tanks, definitely go to them first. Youll be happy you did if anything ever happens to go wrong with it.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Does anyone know if there's a consistent method to screwing the base in to get it to be "lined up" right so the posts are even with the metal tank posts? Maybe I'm just missing something here...

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know if there's a consistent method to screwing the base in to get it to be "lined up" right so the posts are even with the metal tank posts? Maybe I'm just missing something here...

I wish, my tank only shows the sides of the posts and not the coils. If I have it show the coils, it seeps a bit. I have to get that extra quarter turn.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Don't fully tighten until you line them up. Works for me. I tighten most of the way, then line them up, and tighten the last little bit.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wish, my tank only shows the sides of the posts and not the coils. If I have it show the coils, it seeps a bit. I have to get that extra quarter turn.

Same here. I'm filming for the channel with this right now and was just curious if it was just me. I've gotten it to be 3/4 in the right place by changing the position where I start screwing it in, but not perfect and still screwed in all the way. I know it's nitpicky, but one of the reasons for the glass is to show off the build..

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Don't fully tighten until you line them up. Works for me. I tighten most of the way, then line them up, and tighten the last little bit.
If you're tightening it and then adjusting some and tightening more, aren't you kind of locked in to where the threads will end up taking it?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If you're tightening it and then adjusting some and tightening more, aren't you kind of locked in to where the threads will end up taking it?

So far I've gotten it perfect every time.

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sorry it took a while, got wrapped up in other shit and then had to take apart and clean the first Alleria for the pics.

So, youll see in the pics the difference. What you cant see is how much smoother the threading all is. The original Alleria I got (referred to as #1 from here on out) had such bad threads that it felt like you were rubbing sandpaper together when screwing it together. Even worse than that even, it was BAD. On the new one (referred to as #2) the threading is smooth. Its still not super butter smooth, but its definitely not bad or even close to how it is on #1.

You can see in the pic below you can see #1 on top and #2 on the bottom. The picture doesnt do justice to how deep and sharp the serrations are on #1s "grips" on the top and bottom pieces, but believe me, they are SHARP. They cut my hand up something fierce the other day when the top cap got stuck. They were terrible. On #2 you can clearly see they have nicely rounded off the grips into a circular shape. They are totally smooth and nice. No more cut up fingers! Plus they added that another row of grips onto the second unscrewable piece (that top section is 3 peices) to make it much much easier to get the top cap off the juice holes. Awesome.

About the only thing negative about #2 is that the post holes look just a little tiny bit smaller than on #1, which might effect you if you like to use fancy wire, but lets be honest, you werent gonna fit framed staples on #1s deck or post holes either.
35a6k1w.jpg

Next pic is more of the same. They replaced the sharp boxy grips with the smooth rounded off ones on the build deck base/airflow adjuster.
2e33d45.jpg

Last picture is the build deck itself and the airflow holes. #1 is on the right and #2 on the left. You can kind of see #1s airflow holes are jagged and sharp looking. There are a lot of razor sharp burrs sticking up and out on #1s deck and airflow holes, it was very poorly machined. It just looks like total shit in person, like something youd get out of a bubblegum machine.

On #2 it looks like they took more time with it and focused on it because the airflow holes are cleaned up and theyve put an angle on the edge so its not a 90 degree corner anymore from the build deck to the inside of the airflow hole. Much smoother and no more burrs or sharp edges or corners.
2n0khn7.jpg

Altogether they did good. The first Alleria I got functioned perfectly, but those sharp edges and burrs and shitty threads just made me not want to use it they were so bad, so now that they cleaned it all up and changed the grip points, its an amazing tank in all aspects. Super super happy with the new one.

Gotta give a big huge shout out to Subtank Supply. The guys there are fucking awesome people with great customer service and actually care about who they sell to and the product they sell. Cant speak highly enough about them. If you need or want any tanks, definitely go to them first. Youll be happy you did if anything ever happens to go wrong with it.
Thanks for the comparison, wish I knew they were updating it I would have waited for the new one.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That will be please some of the people having problems with getting the top cap off, but to be honest I've had no issues at all after lubricating the o-ring up with a small bit of juice.

I haven't either, but with so many complaints I don't think they should ignore them.

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't either, but with so many complaints I don't think they should ignore them.

That is true, the customer is always right or so they say, but it's one reason why I like the look of the Boreas so much, it has such clean lines and no knurling, perhaps they should have bundled some cheap vape grips with it instead.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That will be please some of the people having problems with getting the top cap off, but to be honest I've had no issues at all after lubricating the o-ring up with a small bit of juice.
This is what I did my Griffin. First got it, I couldn't get the top cap off easily. Little juice to lube and been fine ever since.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a quick heads up on this new version of the Alleria (the one with the rounded edges I compared with the original). Im finally putting some coils in it and checking it out more and I dont think its anodized black finish like the first earlier version. This one appears to be some kind of paint or something. Took me a while to realize it, but thats what it looks like. Could be wrong, but just wanted to throw it out there.

F

fckaugust8th

Right. Merlin is a modern single coil RTA.
So does this mean the Merlin will be a DL/MTL rta? I'm mostly MTL so I would absolutely love to see a nice, lower profile, single coil RTA that you can build up or down, depending on your mood! Another thing to consider is the TFV4 micro idea of accessories for extending the chimney and increasing the juice volume. I have the TFV4 micro and honestly, it is one of my favorites. I only use the RBA and it is great for MTL, I dropped in the 0.3 ohm coil just because I could and created my own weather front for a while (actually until my wife started to open all the windows) and then I went back to the RBA. Please keep us posted, I will pre-order, buy, review, whatever is needed to get this going.
P.S. Keep us MTL minority in mind when you guys design these tanks:wave:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel for you MTL guys. It seems like almost everything being developed and released lately is straight up for DL people. Just higher and higher wattage mods and bigger tanks with more and more airflow and bigger coils. Rarely see single coil stuff being made with tighter airflow and lower wattage limits.

I started out MTLing but quickly started going direct to get more nicotine and more satisfying hits. Glad I did too since the market is almost uniquely geared toward that style of vaping, leaving everyone else to scavenge what they can lol.

F

fckaugust8th

We have to make due for now, the kayfun mini v3 is one of the few tanks that's MTL, most others we have to modify and choke down the afc. I like the tfv4 micro with rba single coil clapton and Melo 3 mini with 1.8 triton coils. My other tanks are Pico with clr rebuilt coil and kabuki with the nautilus rba. I'm hoping the Merlin will be another tank we,the minority , will be able to use. I had a Griffin but it was much too airy for me. How are the Alleria and Boreas compared to the Griffin? Is seems the Bachelor mini will be another MTL usable tank, but we'll have to wait and see.

F

fckaugust8th

Here is an idea for you tank architects, how about removable afc rings? You can have one with the large cyclops slots and one with teensy tiny holes for the MTL minority. Then everyone will be happy :idea:

VU Sponsors