Become a Patron!

Cloudmaker Whiteout dna and sx...... issues?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Keep your eye on the prize, the dna200 Squonker. I have a DNA200 board I plan on putting in a custom mod with a monster LiPO pack.
yeah, I have 2 boards on ice, and the one in that whiteout. - truthfully, that lostvape duo is awesome, if I can find that for about a hundred bucks I'll jump!- takes a lipo -or-2, 18650s
- also , I need to get a renegade kit or 2

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
0f5afe1a937d22ff4230200d9c7690fb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@Wingsfan0310 we did get the same deal, but mine was 83.?? Shipped after the sale and 5% off, free shipping included. It looks like you had a 15% off? Please do share, unless it's a one time use. I got a 25% off once from the owner because they moved warehouses and it was delayed a day, except they got it out same day. Great pricing and customer service there.

I'm pumped for the VT133. I almost bought one from gear best on flash sale for a good 30 or more bucks. Then the slow boat. I should have it from ecig Monday. And I'm gonna have to download that screen, it's great.

@f1r3b1rd ive been taking that stock up strategy for awhile. If I like an atty, I usually get at least two. And I always check a handful of sites that periodically blow out authentic attys and mechs. I've gotten 6 Vectors, paid between 15-30 dollars a peice. Got my Aeolus V2 for cheap, my Thump, Rematty, low pro as well. If you're patient and persistent you can find some deals that are crazy. I've been collecting authentic mechs, too. I've gotten a Munstro V1.5 by 2 Puffs full set with display and drip tip, B&C Vape industries Aiden mod set, Tarsius customs copper Prime, and copper vanilla. The Vanilla was back in the days when tubes cost a shit ton. All the others, I get when stock pops up somewhere, and haven't paid more than $40. I used to drool over the Munstro at a local shop, but it was in the $200's. I couldn't believe I paid $40, but that's what happened to mechs. So I'm with you, stocking up.

Also, there are many sites, but an eBay vendor about 20 minutes from my house sells kits for OKL T/20 etc... Mods. You choose everything, you just need wire. For the 20 Amp chip with everything including a voltmeter, too, it comes to around $40. I don't know how to solder, yet, but I'm going to build one when I get the kit and everything I need. And some practice soldering. As long as the box is precut, it's really simple wiring. And I love my HexOhm. It sees a ton of use.

I've gotten way off topic, but craving vapor has a hexohm V3 up. I think it's a beta, and it's sold out, but it's a 30 amp chip, so 180 watts. Same as an LE80. I'm intrigued.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Wingsfan0310 we did get the same deal, but mine was 83.?? Shipped after the sale and 5% off, free shipping included. It looks like you had a 15% off? Please do share, unless it's a one time use. I got a 25% off once from the owner because they moved warehouses and it was delayed a day, except they got it out same day. Great pricing and customer service there.

I'm pumped for the VT133. I almost bought one from gear best on flash sale for a good 30 or more bucks. Then the slow boat. I should have it from ecig Monday. And I'm gonna have to download that screen, it's great.

@f1r3b1rd ive been taking that stock up strategy for awhile. If I like an atty, I usually get at least two. And I always check a handful of sites that periodically blow out authentic attys and mechs. I've gotten 6 Vectors, paid between 15-30 dollars a peice. Got my Aeolus V2 for cheap, my Thump, Rematty, low pro as well. If you're patient and persistent you can find some deals that are crazy. I've been collecting authentic mechs, too. I've gotten a Munstro V1.5 by 2 Puffs full set with display and drip tip, B&C Vape industries Aiden mod set, Tarsius customs copper Prime, and copper vanilla. The Vanilla was back in the days when tubes cost a shit ton. All the others, I get when stock pops up somewhere, and haven't paid more than $40. I used to drool over the Munstro at a local shop, but it was in the $200's. I couldn't believe I paid $40, but that's what happened to mechs. So I'm with you, stocking up.

Also, there are many sites, but an eBay vendor about 20 minutes from my house sells kits for OKL T/20 etc... Mods. You choose everything, you just need wire. For the 20 Amp chip with everything including a voltmeter, too, it comes to around $40. I don't know how to solder, yet, but I'm going to build one when I get the kit and everything I need. And some practice soldering. As long as the box is precut, it's really simple wiring. And I love my HexOhm. It sees a ton of use.

I've gotten way off topic, but craving vapor has a hexohm V3 up. I think it's a beta, and it's sold out, but it's a 30 amp chip, so 180 watts. Same as an LE80. I'm intrigued.
Gotta link for that OKL T dude?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just checked and I think the kit I linked is for a parralell unregulated build, but he has DNA's, GE raptors, AND OKL's for real cheap.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You nailed it TBC. It was a one time use coupon I got from the owner. In retrospect, I should have made that clear. I've also been following the same stock up strategy, firebird and you are using. I know what I like and when I see a deal to good to pass up, I don't (finances permitting).

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just checked and I think the kit I linked is for a parralell unregulated build, but he has DNA's, GE raptors, AND OKL's for real cheap.
I didn't see an OKL kit. I went through all his listings. I DID however do a search & saw a Hex with a digital display.
9aad1937f7343e10dcef66d38bccd616.jpg

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You nailed it TBC. It was a one time use coupon I got from the owner. In retrospect, I should have made that clear. I've also been following the same stock up strategy, firebird and you are using. I know what I like and when I see a deal to good to pass up, I don't.

Cheers,
Steve
I don't have 3 Goons for nothing. lol

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I'm with you! I've got 3 Petri rads, 4 tugboat v2s and 3 indestructibles on top of 42 other rdas. Not to mention the 20 some-of rtas and 40 mods. Half of which are mechs; I also have a decent amount of modder boards on ice.
As for soldering, it's easy, practice on an old board or something you don't like.
get a vw iron, flux, and a third hand with magnifier.
I emailed CV about the new hex, the only thing that sort of tweaks me, is the okl chip is not a vaping chip, so the Feds can't touch it. The proprietary chip, will be future dependent on them.

Last edited:

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I need to figure out how to multi quote in this forum, lol. Anyway.

@Hank F. Spankman if you look on there he does sell DNA 200's, and the OKL chips are under $20, the GE raptor ones aren't much more. So you could potentially get a kit geared towards that and buy the chip. I'm thinking he doesn't pre drill them, too. I thinks it's mammoth mods? They have kits, too. And they drill to your specs. It's a bit more expensive. I need to double check the site. They will drill a HexOhm style with a voltmeter , which is what I want ideally.

@f1r3b1rd I totally agree on the proprietary chip, but it is intriguing. A large reason I like the hexohm is because of its simplicity and power delivery. For power vaping within its abilities, IMO it can't be beat. And thanks for the soldering advice. I keep buying mods and putting this project, and DIY juice off. I didn't know what to get, so thanks. I should probably get on the DIY juice now, too. But, money... And yeah, they can't do shit about Hammond boxes, OKL chips, everything for a HexOhm. They all have other intended uses. That stuff makes me feel good, just would need to stock up on 510's, then you can keep making mods, lol. Fuck the FDA. Unless they made a law that banned those parts when assembled for vaping. At this point it wouldn't surprise me, and it will be illegal to sell since it's a "tobacco product".

@Wingsfan0310 You mention the knowing what you like part, and it's key. I can't find a tank I like, but I basically love all things top airflow for my rdas. It can be hard to find an atty or mod that's almost perfect for your needs. When you find that perfect whatever, if you're committed to vaping you gotta stock up. I love all the mentioned RDAs, all slightly different. And Vectors are incredible. My go to for sure. They do not leak at all ever. Not from the o rings, nothing. I'm sure I'll buy more when I find more on sale, lol. Also, don't know why you got the coupon, but that site has the best customer service I've experienced I think. When that happened and I got my coupon, first I got a call from an employee to notify me of the warehouse move, then not long after an email and the code from the owner. Above and beyond what I expect.

I'm way off topic, lol. Those cloudmaker's sure look awesome!... Lol. Really, they kinda do.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a heads up to the guys that were posting in this thread that missed out on the VT133 last week at a great price (imo). They restocked at the same price. I couldn't resist picking up another one (this time, all Black)
http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2016/05/usa-blowout-authenic-evolv-dna200-box.html

@f1r3b1rd I hope you don't mind me putting this here. I just remember last week you and Zam (iirc) missing out on the deal so I posted it here so you would see it. If you think it's inappropriate for whatever reason, just remove the post or message me and I will.

Cheers,
Steve

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well if I understand CM Reddit right there is a company making aftermarket parts for the mods already . And they don't seem to be very upset that CM is going bye bye .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yeah fuck me... was hoping to do the squonk kit to mine and dual 18650 sled...
their went a 200$ gambel

live and learn.... live and learn - on the upside I have a 510, a dna 200 board and leads... maybe I can mount it in something decent and make this big wet turd something nice.

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't think your SOL bird . From what I am understanding there is other companies Making stuff for it . They are even trying to get another Reddit started before CM closed theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't think your SOL bird . From what I am understanding there is other companies Making stuff for it . They are even trying to get another Reddit started before CM closed theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well, I'm not really active much on reddit, so Ima have to look out for a sales point..
or a 2000 mah 3s battery and a project box..
I will make this shit work somehow

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So Cloudmaker Tech is folding and leaving many vendors and people without what they paid for? They went Smaug huh?

From the looks of the reddit some people are wanting to take over the project to some degree. I am glad I missed that purchase. Hopefully for all you CM owners some of the promised concepts will blossom.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So Cloudmaker Tech is folding and leaving many vendors and people without what they paid for? They went Smaug huh?

From the looks of the reddit some people are wanting to take over the project to some degree. I am glad I missed that purchase. Hopefully for all you CM owners some of the promised concepts will blossom.
no too late if you wanna buy one..

I make good deal for you
NKmarket-657x360.png

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you want to buy one?

No thanks, but thanks for the offer. Remember last October we were PM'ing each other about CMT, and that it looked like either a scam or they were in way over their heads, and they would just disappear one day? I was just looking at those conversations, and everything we were talking about came true.

I wonder how much money got swallowed between CMT & Smog orders never fulfilled . A bunch of Vendors got burned too. Even during the first batch, they were desperately shipping anything they could. defective stuff, Broken parts, mods that never worked. They knew before that first batch was shipped, it was over. I don't think they even got all of the 1st batch out before disappearing.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No thanks, but thanks for the offer. Remember last October we were PM'ing each other about CMT, and that it looked like either a scam or they were in way over their heads, and they would just disappear one day? I was just looking at those conversations, and everything we were talking about came true.

I wonder how much money got swallowed between CMT & Smog. A bunch of Vendors got burned too.
yeah dude, I was looking at all of that yesterday.

fuck, great concept, but it was just what we thought it was. :cuss2::soapbox:

I bet a huge sum of money got taken down that collective drain!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet a huge sum of money got taken down that collective drain!

I remember we were talking about why the hell would they be in San Francisco, and finally figured out the HQ was a condo. The cost of living in that city is basically the highest in the country. Renting that nice large condo was probably 5 grand a month or more. Living large off of other people's money.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I remember we were talking about why the hell would they be in San Francisco, and finally figured out the HQ was a condo. The cost of living in that city is basically the highest in the country. Renting that nice large condo was probably 5 grand a month or more. Living large off of other people's money.
you sure youre not interested? I have the silver and green panels

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Put it up on ebay as a collector's item, and charge 300 for it
I was gonna wait and see if a squonk kit or dual 18650 conversion "magically" appears then take the board out and slap it in more convenient sized box

VU Sponsors