Become a Patron!

Deeks' berry Custard

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's good to know! I've mixed it for a couple people and have used less VG but no personally I haven't tried it.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I had a few minutes tonight to clean out a couple tanks (Billow v2's,my only multiple tanks built the exact same way) and loaded both. Side by side they are both damn good, and I mean damn good. I don't like to blow myself like this but you really can't go wrong with either. I can't find anything I dislike about mixing with the v2 CAP Custard. If anything the V2 seems to bring out a little bit more of the strawberry and the V1 is leaning more towards the cookie "crust" if that makes sense even though the strawberry is definitely there. I didn't try to shake and vape the v2 but I need to refresh my steep shelf so this weekend I may try that to see how it tastes fresh, but for me the V1 is a solid shake and vape as noted in the original post.

The v2 custard I cant imagine would be horrible at all as a shake and vape. But again as simple as this recipe is you're not going to lose either way you mix it!

I'm not by any means a super sensitive taste pallet guy so as always YMMV. But if you're worried about dike-tones and such you won't be disappointed mixing with the CAPs V2 Custard.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The v2 custard I cant imagine would be horrible at all as a shake and vape. But again as simple as this recipe is you're not going to lose either way you mix it!

I'm assuming you used the same % for the V2? I just mixed another batch of it using V1, but I'll mix one with the V2 also :)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm assuming you used the same % for the V2? I just mixed another batch of it using V1, but I'll mix one with the V2 also :)

Exactly, I used the exact same percentages for both that I mixed on the same day. I really really like both, I got a buddy coming over Saturday that I mix for and I'm going to have him blind taste test them so I know a little more! My preemptive guess is that he won't know the difference between the two but I'm hoping for some feedback one way or another. Of course I'm biased because my first mix was with the V1 so my opinion is to be take with a grain of salt really.

Skeene, LOL I think custard improves greatly after a long steep. I average between 15- 30 in ml a day. I've got another 500 ml of buttered pop corn/caramel/peanut butter steeping as well. Friend owns a vape shop, and I'll trade a little for a couple of things that are a pain to make. Betty is a great girl, but she is difficult. I try and only order stuff to mix once a month, It's as easy to mix a liter as it is a 10ml bottle, if you've made the recipe a few times. You guys are gonna give me a complex about how much juice is in the closet.

Betty search is over my friend.. after much $$ and serveral flavor orders I found it to be simply FA forest fruit 10% and sweetener 7%

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Betty search is over my friend.. after much $$ and serveral flavor orders I found it to be simply FA forest fruit 10% and sweetener 7%
I saw that posted somewhere, and the reviews were great. Have you tried it? I saw it listed at Forest Mix(Forrest Fruit) 10% Sucralose 15 %. The Sucralose percentages looked high, so I did some digging, and the Sucralose % was right for Betty. Definitely let us know how yours is.

Last edited:
I saw that posted somewhere, and the reviews were great. Have you tried it? I saw it listed at Forest Mix(Forrest Fruit) 10% Sucralose 15 %. The Sucralose percentages looked high, so I did some digging, and the Sucralose % was right for Betty. Definitely let us know how yours is.

its a spot on mix. side by side cant tell the difference.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been unsuccessful in finding caps v1 vanilla. Any ideas or did it just get replaced completely by v2?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, vanilla classic is labeled as madagascar, is that the one?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pulled the trigger on all these flavors... fa cookie is the only one i had.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wait, I fell off the boat. Who the heck is Betty?

"Betty is a great girl, but she is difficult," according to Bucky205, and it seems he knows her well.

Yeah i saw that but the image is surrounded by a caution warning, which raised flags for me.

Be advised; It's got chems in it which taste great.

I need more custards 'cause I vape them faster than they can steep :D

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to dump a bunch of my failed custards this past weekend. My steep shelf was getting full of the rejects so I downsized and made more room for a couple 500ml bottles of Deeksberry!

I'm sure I could have salvaged some of those I dumped out but meh.. that's why I DIY so I can afford experimenting mistakes lolz.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Betty is a Pinup Vapor flavor that is really popular. People have tried to clone it for awhile. Lately they have been getting really close with Forest Mix and Sucralose. I don't want to hijack @Deeks thread on a discussion on Betty, here is another thread that discusses Betty, and Lana.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/pinup-vapors-betty-or-lana.57492/

Still liking @Deeks, Deeksberry, almost gone. Putting an order together, debating on whether to use up some of the flavors I have, before spending $s. I am out of Caps V1, and almost out V2. I may order one last big bottle of V1, if I can find it.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been vaping the Deeks'berry hard tonight in a dripper and I actually feel like I prefer the v2 Caps Custard in the dripper over the Caps V1 version. Tank wise I'm still more partial to the V1 original version. But damn, in a dual 22g kanthal (Mutation X v4) the V2 is pretty amazors. Don't get me wrong the V1 is great in a dripper as well.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got that vape mail today mixing right now this is gonna be my new years sauce hopefully.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hate to bumpy my own recipe but I mixed it up a bit and went 1% INW Biscuit instead of .5% FA Cookie and wtf, its pretty amazors not gonna lie (stuck with the Caps v1 custard on this fyi). Just tossin this in there for those that like a bit of variety :)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is on my flavoring wish list, moving it to priority status. Nice call on that!!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hate to bumpy my own recipe but I mixed it up a bit and went 1% INW Biscuit instead of .5% FA Cookie and wtf, its pretty amazors not gonna lie (stuck with the Caps v1 custard on this fyi). Just tossin this in there for those that like a bit of variety :)
Bump away Deekster. There's nothing wrong with sharing the tweak. I'm always adjusting and trying newer flavors in some of my favorite recipes. I really need to go through them and do some "Tweak Shares" myself. I really like INW Biscuit(thanks Teresa P) and put it on par with FA Cookie. They're both great in different way. Have you tried CAPs Sugar Cookie? I actually like it as a stand alone. I'll whip up a bottle of your newer version this weekend once my new scale gets here sometime today. I've had a scale down due to a massive VG spill last week and my juice supply is running dangerously low.:eek:

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just mixed it, with the biscuit... Can't quit it.

MadCowsGoMooo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone know a good clone to the flavour freaks berry custard? I would really like to try and make some.

Sent from my E5303 using Tapatalk

bcr500

Member For 3 Years
How big does the vanilla classic play into this mix? I thought I ordered it all but missed vanilla classic somehow!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its probably fine without it, I wouldn't call it a critical ingredient but it adds a little extra to the custard.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any of those would probably suffice. Vienna cream would probably be very good as a sub in actually!

chief63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Bump away Deekster. There's nothing wrong with sharing the tweak. I'm always adjusting and trying newer flavors in some of my favorite recipes. I really need to go through them and do some "Tweak Shares" myself. I really like INW Biscuit(thanks Teresa P) and put it on par with FA Cookie. They're both great in different way. Have you tried CAPs Sugar Cookie? I actually like it as a stand alone. I'll whip up a bottle of your newer version this weekend once my new scale gets here sometime today. I've had a scale down due to a massive VG spill last week and my juice supply is running dangerously low.:eek:

Sugar cookie plays well with CAPs custard. 1.5 to 2% for me.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had sugar cookie for quite a while and haven't really given it a fair shake yet. Definitely going to try to work that into a custard at some point. Working on a blueberry custard recipe now that I feel like I almost have pinned down. If I can get time this week to work out a few kinks I think it could be worth posting :)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've had sugar cookie for quite a while and haven't really given it a fair shake yet. Definitely going to try to work that into a custard at some point. Working on a blueberry custard recipe now that I feel like I almost have pinned down. If I can get time this week to work out a few kinks I think it could be worth posting :)
Well, I couldn't wait. Just mixed up some Sugar Lemon Cookie using your suggestion. I'll see how it turns out after some steep time.
Looking forward to both! Lemon Sugar Cookie and Blueberry Custard sound delish! What lemon did you use? FA Lemon tends to fade and with my travel schedule I need something I can make a 50ml of.

I've been playing around with Sugar Cookie as well. Getting close on a chocolate mint (sorry Squonk I know you don't do chocolate vapes).

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking forward to both! Lemon Sugar Cookie and Blueberry Custard sound delish! What lemon did you use? FA Lemon tends to fade and with my travel schedule I need something I can make a 50ml of.

I've been playing around with Sugar Cookie as well. Getting close on a chocolate mint (sorry Squonk I know you don't do chocolate vapes).
I used FA Lemon. Here's what I did, but I have no ideal what it will taste like till it steeps. I was actually thinking of using some INW Lemon cake(after thought).
Sugar Cookie(CAP) 5%
Custard(FA) 1.5%
Lemon Sicily 3%
Fresh Cream(FA) .5%
Vanilla Classic(FA) .5%
Marshmallow(FA) .5%
I know of the FA lemon fade you speak of, so I'm hoping the FA custard will help support it.
Aaand... Damn you gopher_byrd and your brown chocolate blood!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I know FA Lemon fades but I find it doesn't go totally away. You could always up it a little so the fade would be what you are looking for.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for posting this recipe. Love it and I've made it off and on for a while now. A week ago I mixed it using Jungle Flavors Strawberry Sweet in place of CAP Sweet Strawberry at the same % and I used INW Shisha Strawberry in place of FA Strawberry at the same %. It is excellent even after only a week steep. I like Jungle Flavors Strawberry Sweet better than CAP. They are very similar, but something about JF is better to me and seems to hold up better. The Shisha Strawberry is an excellent replacement for FA in this recipe. Vaping out of my Avocado 24 which btw is an awesome RDTA

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Commenting on this thread simply because I want to bring it to the attention of DIY'ers who are new to VU that may not have stumbled across it. This is a good one. A really good one. ADV for sure.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Commenting on this thread simply because I want to bring it to the attention of DIY'ers who are new to VU that may not have stumbled across it. This is a good one. A really good one. ADV for sure.
This earned permanent party status in one of my REO Grand squonkers and has been there for over a year! :inlove::bliss:Also check out his Golden Custard, Blueberry Custard, and Raspberry Custards as well!

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This earned permanent party status in one of my REO Grand squonkers and has been there for over a year! :inlove::bliss:Also check out his Golden Custard, Blueberry Custard, and Raspberry Custards as well!
Ordering the goodies for the Blueberry tonight!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going to make this next! Thanks Deek! Sounds like a great one!

I don't think you'll be disappointed :) I've been sticking to the version with the Inawera Biscuit rather than the FA Cookie. They are both good versions, but the Biscuit version has a slight lead for my taste buds!

VU Sponsors