Become a Patron!

eleaf istick pico kit

gtrtech

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've run the kanthal and nickel coils in the Ijust2 I didn't care for t
I've read the Ccell coils can block the airflow quite a bit, do you find this to be true?

I can run the .3 ohm coil the Melo came with up to 45 watts without burning, but north of that it starts to. Airflow is great!

They are a bit restrictive,I'm waiting on the ss version, the images look like they a bit more open.

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've read the Ccell coils can block the airflow quite a bit, do you find this to be true?

I can run the .3 ohm coil the Melo came with up to 45 watts without burning, but north of that it starts to. Airflow is great!

The cCell 0.9 ohm is a tight airflow but can still manage a lung hit. I run them because I enjoy the flavor but vaporesso have new ss316 .5 cCell coils that is more for lung hitters. I want to try them out. I do plan to run the coils that came with the melo 3 but just wanted to make sure the tank can run the cCell coil and so far they are running well.

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to try those ccell ceramic coils, I haven't heard a bad thing about um...only great flavor.

I have a cCell coil on a melo 2 tank going for 7 weeks. Between week 5 going to 6 I notice the waste build up on the kanthal so bump the wattage to see if the coil clear but the vape after that was a burn taste. I will say I can get a good month out of a coil. Flavor is the selling factor on this coil.

Steamhead

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
@joedirt what vg/pg are you running? I'm 80/20 and was getting burnt hits at 47 and 50 watts.

To the Ccell guys, what wattage do y'all run at?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine yesterday. Ludicrously small for a full feature 18650 TC mod.
Sorry Nugget fans.

Big plusses... it's the exact footprint of the i50. Extremely comfortable mods IMO.
And even better... it has the RX's feature of scrolling both ways when selecting mode.

It's also the brightest iStick screen I've had... by far. Fractionally larger text too.

Haven't tried the Melo tank yet, though I got a Triton RBA to go with it.
Quite a lot of complaints of muted flavor. I'll try it later.

Wish it accommodated larger diameter toppers, but it's such a fun little thing I expect I'll get over that. Maybe at least one more is a good idea. Finally retire the i30s and i50. :)

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine yesterday too. I put a 4ml Sikary Dicey Saint tank on it, like MFS does with their Mini Volt bundles. Nice MTL vape.
Weighs in at 5.8oz. Wife's Istick 40TC w/ Eleaf GS tank weighs 5.3oz
P4040046_zpsr3ry6kcj.jpg

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah... the new gray, same as my TC100 but lighter than the TC40.
Go figure.

I keep forgetting to unbox the White TC100 to compare.
I understand it and the PICO are different. And neither has the "iridescence" of my white VTC. Too bad, I like that finish.

How the hell did I suddenly end up with three white mods? :confused:

:p

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got my pico yesterday and that thing rocks and so does the melo 3. Ordered it from 101 Saturday and got it Monday damn... I will say it is the best mod I have ever bought. I have 0 complaints for the first time. So anyone wanting one I'm sure you will be impressed.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered a Pico from Rocky Mountain Vapor at 2:00 this afternoon and got a tracking email at 5:00. Much nicer than the added 10 day delay fasttech dropped on us. They have the mod alone for $28 and the full kit for $39, both with free shipping if anybody is looking for a killer US deal. Coupon code for 25% off is "president".

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still waiting for this to hit our shores. Cant wait to get one. Seems like the best small mod to date and looks pretty darn good.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which shores?

MVS and Rocky Mtn. are both U.S. domestic.
Shipped and delivered in 3-4 days.

Your palm tree avi doesn't exactly scream... "the Continent". :D

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which shores?

MVS and Rocky Mtn. are both U.S. domestic.
Shipped and delivered in 3-4 days. :D
Right. I just got an email from RMV saying that they are breaking up the full kits to sell the mods and tanks separately. That's how they are able to sell just the mod before everyone else. It's a creative way to give customers what they need, although some people will complain. Tracking shows that the mod I ordered yesterday should be here Friday. Can't beat that, especially considering it's free shipping. Absolutely no complaints here.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah. The owner is an ECF vendor and there's a thread about it.

The mod onlys sold faster than incoming shipments and he's asking how people feel about getting an opened package. He'll sell the tanks separately.
As someone posted... we know they're all still new, because at this point... they're all new.

As long as he lets buyers know, and decide... no problem.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah. The owner is an ECF vendor and there's a thread about it.

The mod onlys sold faster than incoming shipments and he's asking how people feel about getting an opened package. He'll sell the tanks separately.
As someone posted... we know they're all still new, because at this point... they're all new.

As long as he lets buyers know, and decide... no problem.
I agree. That's a very good point. He added a note about it in the 'simple kit' description. I didn't notice it when I ordered but it may've been there. Either way, It's a great deal. I just hope he can sell all of those Melo 3 tanks without boxes.

Thanks for the heads up for that vendor thread. Found it. :)

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That melo 3 is a killer tank. I recommend getting is with the pico. From 101 it took sat to mon to get it from cal to Ky, And 101 price for the full kit was 37.99 with shipping only 2.99.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree. That's a very good point. He added a note about it in the 'simple kit' description. I didn't notice it when I ordered but it may've been there. Either way, It's a great deal. I just hope he can sell all of those Melo 3 tanks without boxes.

Thanks for the heads up for that vendor thread. Found it. :)
I imagine he's still making a profit considering they're selling just the mod at almost the same other places are selling the whole kit.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ahh, nice. Yeah I missed that.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah. Wish he had more to suit my needs, I'd have ordered already.

And for those not "over there"...

Rocky Mtn's owner says he's limiting how many opened boxes he'll sell, and expects the new delivery of sealed mod-only kits on Monday.

Though he's not sure if he ordered enough in Pink... surprise hot seller. :p

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly my istick 60w tc is great and very durable I work construction and it is pretty much fall proof I liked the way the pico looked from the first time I laid eyes on it. And for $30 I am sure it won't dissapoint I have bought 2 isticks one tc one not and they are both vaping strong despite constant abuse they are my work mods. I told the wife I was going to get it for her but it might just be my new work mod lol.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thing is just stupid tiny. :p

Yes, I know the MiniVolt and Nugget are smaller... but I like JTech's new take on TC.
It's a lot better than my TC40, which I presume is not too different from the 60TC.

F

fckaugust8th

Another thing about the Pico, no more rattle in the buttons!!!:bliss:I actually like it very much and with the Melo 3 it is well worth the money. My only problem is deciding between another Melo 3 mini or another TFV4 micro:headbang: They are both really good and so far no leaks. The TFV4 Micro kit comes with the RBA and the extensions for 3.5 and 5 ml so it is like 3 tanks in one. It looks pretty good on the Pico too!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another thing about the Pico, no more rattle in the buttons!!!:bliss:I actually like it very much and with the Melo 3 it is well worth the money. My only problem is deciding between another Melo 3 mini or another TFV4 micro:headbang: They are both really good and so far no leaks. The TFV4 Micro kit comes with the RBA and the extensions for 3.5 and 5 ml so it is like 3 tanks in one. It looks pretty good on the Pico too!

Does the melo 3 take aspire coils? I've seen conflicting things online...

F

fckaugust8th

Does the melo 3 take aspire coils? I've seen conflicting things online...
I'm using a Triton 1.8 ohm coil in it. Since the Atlantis and Triton coils are interchangeable, I see no issue. @georgemeadal started a compatibility thread around here somewhere.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes it should take aspire coils and RBA, ECR RBA, Atlantis & Melo RBA Kit by Project Sub-Ohm, and AnyVape RBA for Atlantis, Melo, iJust 2

The thing is that these RBAs are tiny and a pain to build, i have one of those which i stopped using since i got my first velocity deck tank. The TFV4 micro seems like a good idea with this mod, along with the Diablo 2.5ml and the Moonshot.

It is actually hard to decide which tank to go with since they are all good, if not even great.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TFV4 Micro kit

Interesting. Do the original TFV4 heads and decks fit?

It's not actually widely available. Any good deals you know of?
I don't have or keep up with the TFV4... is this a brand new model?

How was the weather today? Read any good books lately?

Sorry... got on a roll there. :p

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is actually hard to decide which tank to go with since they are all good, if not even great.

I'm hoping the Bachelor Nano gets good reviews because my full size just works, and works well. Even I can't screw up the wicking. :p

But the Micro TF may get me to try that tank line.

F

fckaugust8th

along with the Diablo 2.5ml and the Moonshot.
They do look good on it, I have both of them but I'm more of a MTL not DL vaper. The Moonshot could be cowed into MTL but it is not easy so I'd much rather use the Kabuki, the Melo 3 or the TFV4 micro. I misplaced the Sauce Code RBA from VaporDNA so I guess I'll have to go back there for juust one more thing....like that's possible:gaah:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info @Vapomizer and @Brewbear. I'm getting a mini volt next week and currently assembling a few small RDA's and tanks to go on top. Now that I have confirmation I'll be ordering some of those triton 1.8 coils.

F

fckaugust8th

It is new to the market, I guess there'll be a flood pretty soon! I believe the coils for the mini and micro versions are interchangeable but I have no ideat about the coils for the regular (mega?) TFV4 will fit.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm hoping the Bachelor Nano gets good reviews because my full size just works, and works well. Even I can't screw up the wicking. :p

But the Micro TF may get me to try that tank line.
Me too, maybe time to give SMOK a shot, should also look sick with the right o-rings and that SMOK vape band, best is to get them ALL, the kit with the Melo 3, the Moonshot, the TFV4 Micro and the Diablo :vapemail: :drunk: LOL

F

fckaugust8th

best is to get them ALL, the kit with the Melo 3, the Moonshot, the TFV4 Micro and the Diablo LOL
I do have them all:bliss:I think I'll post the Diablo for sale, not so sure about the Moonshot, I might be talked into trading it for something I don't have yet>:wait:

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I do have them all:bliss:I think I'll post the Diablo for sale, not so sure about the Moonshot, I might be talked into trading it for something I don't have yet>:wait:
Great, what are your top 2 with the Pico? And why? :)

F

fckaugust8th

For now, TFV4 Micro-clapton coil on the RBA, great flavor and Melo 3 Mini cause it's cool and great MTL with Triton 1.8 ohm coils. I haven't put any other tanks on it but I'm planning on Pico RTA, Kabuki and Goblin Nano.
P.S. The Kayfun mini v3 is nice but too tall, it throws things out of proportion.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting. Do the original TFV4 heads and decks fit?

How was the weather today? Read any good books lately?

Sorry... got on a roll there. :p
Naw they're much smaller coilheads. They actually sell a "backup kit" for the Mini that lets you convert it into I believe a slightly taller micro. Shorter glass and some coilheads (was $4 at vapeNW, so I picked it up but haven't used it).

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh one more important question, is the 510 on the Pico short/shallow like that on the rest of joyetech products, or did they make it deeper this time? The ultimate test is, does the TFV4, the Diablo and Moonshot sit perfectly flush on it without having to force or over-screw it? and is battery replacement easy and quick when out and about or are there any annoyances in the process?

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh one more important question, is the 510 on the Pico short/shallow like that on the rest of joyetech products, or did they make it deeper this time? The ultimate test is, does the TFV4, the Diablo and Moonshot sit perfectly flush on it without having to force or over-screw it? and is battery replacement easy and quick when out and about or are there any annoyances in the process?
As far battery it's very easy to swap on the go :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another probably stupid question, is 22mm tank the max diameter it could take due to that battery cap getting in the way or is there some more space for a 24.5mm tank? :idea:

F

fckaugust8th

Another probably stupid question, is 22mm tank the max diameter it could take due to that battery cap getting in the way or is there some more space for a 24.5mm tank?
No joy there, 23 mm might fit very snugly, but that's about it.:cuss2:

VU Sponsors