Become a Patron!

eleaf istick pico kit

F

fckaugust8th

You actually have less than 1mm clearance between the tank and the battery knobby protrusion with the Melo 3.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Vapomizer the Moonshot sits flush on the Pico, I just gave it a try.
Thanks for the info, can you also confirm on the TFV4 Micro when you have the chance, this is the particular tank that Wismec warned has a longer threads/pin than their 510, if that sits perfectly flush without force this would be awesome.

F

fckaugust8th

The TFV4 sits nice and flush, like it was made for the pico.
I should be specific, the TFV4 micro sits flush one the Pico.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The TFV4 sits nice and flush, like it was made for the pico.
I should be specific, the TFV4 micro sits flush one the Pico.
Awesome, thanks a bunch for the info

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using a Triton 1.8 ohm coil in it. Since the Atlantis and Triton coils are interchangeable, I see no issue. @georgemeadal started a compatibility thread around here somewhere.
Top threads of the Melo3 are not used so the Triton or eleaf RBA or Saucecode/anyvape RBA coil would work nicely. The Freemax and Vapeston RBA "should" work too but that bottom pin of the RBA coil may be a tad too long or short for the Melo3 base. Since I do not have the melo3 yet I am not sure.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mini Volt seemed to have stopped working today, used it as an excuse to quickly order a pico, then I got the Mini Volt running again... I don't regret my quick reaction :bliss:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I get some feedback on battery life?

Mine will run all the way down to 3.2v, no problem.
It just seems to get there quite a bit faster than I feel it should.

I should do some side by side with my VTC, they should be equivalent.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can I get some feedback on battery life?

Mine will run all the way down to 3.2v, no problem.
It just seems to get there quite a bit faster than I feel it should.

I should do some side by side with my VTC, they should be equivalent.
Same tank/coil? Same settings and all that jazz?

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same tank/coil? Same settings and all that jazz?

That's why I haven't done a side by side.
The only duplicates I have are iSubs, and only the VTC has puff/time counters.

I'm afraid the first couple of passes would be entirely subjective.

But then again... I am asking for opinions. :p

I have a lot of mods, but even accounting for "wearing off the shiny"... it feels as though the PICO's efficiency is lacking. I expect a close match to the rest of this chip family's offerings.
It doesn't "feel" like I'm getting that.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why I haven't done a side by side.
The only duplicates I have are iSubs, and only the VTC has puff/time counters.

I'm afraid the first couple of passes would be entirely subjective.

But then again... I am asking for opinions. :p

I have a lot of mods, but even accounting for "wearing off the shiny"... it feels as though the PICO's efficiency is lacking. I expect a close match to the rest of this chip family's offerings.
It doesn't "feel" like I'm getting that.
I'm getting comparable time compared to my IPV D3, on 1.2 coils (Crown & Artic). Not a fan of the Melo's.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting comparable time compared to my IPV D3, on 1.2 coils (Crown & Artic). Not a fan of the Melo's.

Well, I don't seem to be doing as well.

I've used the iSubs and now the Bellus (all usually around 35w in TC) and I'm flatting batteries faster than I can blink.

Hmmm... hyperbole. :p

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I don't seem to be doing as well.

I've used the iSubs and now the Bellus (all usually around 35w in TC) and I'm flatting batteries faster than I can blink.

Hmmm... hyperbole. :p
Sounds like something may be off with your mod. My Pico lasts just as long as my VTCs using the same batteries. I've run the Pico with the same LG HG2 and Samsung 25R batteries I use in my VTCs and they seem to last just as long. I haven't seen this issue reported elsewhere. Let's hope this is a one off problem and not a common issue. I had an IPV Mini a while back that started draining batteries out of the blue. It just sucked them dry, so I know this can be a real thing. No idea what causes it.
unsure_zps412aa381.gif

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have no problem with mine either in fact mine has very good batt life. I did buy new batterys for mine because after about 6 months they lose power and run down much faster.

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine is great no problem with battery

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What P/V % mix? Cause I can't get the damn thing to wick 20/80, and it works fine in my Super tank mini's, that have a more open chimney over the feed holes.

All my DIY mixes are max vg. The cCell .9ohm coil came with the vaporesso tanks. The ss316 .5ohm just got them about 2 weeks and is more for my style and more airflow. I notice with the coils after running them, on the 2nd liquid re-fill is when they shine with burst of flavor. I also run the coils on the melo v2 and the supertank. The ss316 settings on the pico is 36w @ 490F

IMG_20160419_091109.jpg

Last edited:

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All my DIY mixes are max vg. The cCell .9ohm coil came with the vaporesso tanks. The ss316 .5ohm just got them about 2 weeks and is more for my style and more airflow. I notice with the coils after running them, on the 2nd liquid re-fill is when they shine with burst of flavor. I also run the coils on the melo v2 and the supertank. The ss316 settings on the pico is 36w @ 490F

Yeah, coils work fine on the Melo 2. But the Melo 3, I just watch the air bubble develop and sit there between the coil and chimney, while I get a dry hit.

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, coils work fine on the Melo 2. But the Melo 3, I just watch the air bubble develop and sit there between the coil and chimney, while I get a dry hit.

On the melo v3 is tricky, coil needs to sit tight on the base, then you can't over tighten when connecting to the tank and the o-ring inside the tank that the top part of the coil rest have to be well seal. Once I figure it out they both work good for me. Hope this help.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the melo v3 is tricky, coil needs to sit tight on the base, then you can't over tighten when connecting to the tank and the o-ring inside the tank that the top part of the coil rest have to be well seal. Once I figure it out they both work good for me. Hope this help.
Thanks. I'll look at that.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. Do the original TFV4 heads and decks fit?

It's not actually widely available. Any good deals you know of?
I don't have or keep up with the TFV4... is this a brand new model?

How was the weather today? Read any good books lately?

Sorry... got on a roll there. :p
The Tfv4 micro heads are differant from the others , I picked up 5 SS DUAL .5 from vapenw for 11.99 everywhere else is 4.50 to 5.99 for the same coils . So it was a decent deal for me ....though the Clapton coil that came with the tank is still going strong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
20160417_140026.jpg Love the Pico...The Micro Smok tank is perfect for it. As well as the V2 Herk+...Man I hate to say it but my evic mini's have been in the back seat ever since I put my hand on the Pico lol....I love to go to my local B&M and show them the new shit when it hits the market...

Last edited:

Exchaner

Member For 5 Years
I am about to place my order with vapeNW and was wondering what type of battery I would need. Already have a button top 18650, but it is classified as "unprotected" ... whatever than means..... Is it likely to work, or should I order another battery? Thanks everyone for this great thread.

Last edited:

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use the brown lg's...3000mha they're great batteries...7.99 each is a smoking deal too...

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just ordered a Micro Smok tank kit with a 5 pack of stainless tc coils for it at www.ecig.com should be awesome in temp mode...

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am about to place my order with vapeNW and was wondering what type of battery I would need. Already have a button top 18650, but it is classified as "unprotected" ... whatever than means..... Is it likely to work, or should I order another battery? Thanks everyone for this great thread.
My favorite cell for these mods is the LG HG2. The LG HE4 or Samsung 25R are also good choices. Just make sure to buy your batteries from somewhere that you know sells genuine cells. There are lots of fake batteries on eBay and even in some B&M shops.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the brown lg's...3000mha they're great batteries...7.99 each is a smoking deal too...

Agree on the battery (I have a handful) but not on the price, we're being gouged.

Compared to the stronger 20A 25Rs or HE4s at $5, we get 15-17% more runtime, but pay a 60% premium for it

That's not a smokin' deal.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has nothing to do with LiIon, the ballpark $5 is common to most all of our top 5 or 6 trusted vendors. So is the 7 or 8 bucks for the HGs. But I take your point.

And yeah... I've ordered several $9 pairs of HE4s from eCig back last fall.
He's a madman.
If I was ever going to buy a DNA Reuleaux... I should have grabbed one of his for $120. :p

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Tfv4 micro heads are differant from the others , I picked up 5 SS DUAL .5 from vapenw for 11.99 everywhere else is 4.50 to 5.99 for the same coils . So it was a decent deal for me ....though the Clapton coil that came with the tank is still going strong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Are these the same ones you have coming? http://www.ecig.com/smok-micro-tfv4-coil-5-pack-stc2.html
If so, I believe they're .25's....

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you happen to see they sell the Micro Smok tank kit for 18.99? What deal....

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can anyone who got the kit with the Melo 3 tank confirm that it uses the same coils as the same coils as the iJust 2 tank? Eleaf's EC coils. And has anyone happened to have used both the iJust 2 tank and the Melo 3, and could speak to how they compare?

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can anyone who got the kit with the Melo 3 tank confirm that it uses the same coils as the same coils as the iJust 2 tank? Eleaf's EC coils. And has anyone happened to have used both the iJust 2 tank and the Melo 3, and could speak to how they compare?
It uses the same coils as the Atlantis/Eleaf/Vaporesso/Tobeco my Melo 2 and Tobeco Supertank mini uses. :bingo:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally fired up the Melo3 yesterday.

I'll have to start looking into alternate heads and especially RBAs so I can SS TC.
I'm liking the tank quite a lot, but let's be honest... 50w+ on the included 0.3 (rated to 80w) and probably a tad higher if I get around to the 0.5 (rated to 100w) is not what I intend for all day use of my 75w mods.

And in a 2ml tank? Thank FSM for convenient top-fill. :eek:

Ima start calling it "the TFV4 Effect".

:p

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So true. That's one of the reasons why I skipped the full kit and ordered a Bachelor Nano for this mod. Tracking says it will be here Tuesday. :)
It's also 2ml, but it shouldn't run dry as fast as the Melo3. I just hope it's a decent vape and doesn't leak or spit back. I've been running the full sized Bachelor with a .97Ω SS 28/32g Clapton at 25w 400º. The battery last a pretty long time but the full sized tank is just too tall. Can't wait to get a tiny tank on this mod. <3

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been waiting for the B Nano to hit the shelves domestically (probably Eciggity again) and it's just about time. Can't get much easier top-fill than those TFV4 style pinned caps (ok, we have a couple now with a rotating cap to open a juice hole... that's easier).

And either it or some alternate heads for the M3M better happen quick... it's been a day and I'm becoming quite enamored with this little tank. :p

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been waiting for the B Nano to hit the shelves domestically (probably Eciggity again) and it's just about time. Can't get much easier top-fill than those TFV4 style pinned caps (ok, we have a couple now with a rotating cap to open a juice hole... that's easier).

And either it or some alternate heads for the M3M better happen quick... it's been a day and I'm becoming quite enamored with this little tank. :p
What alternative head Jim? You know Atantis/Triton/Vaporesso heads fit them right?

My wife's came in yesterday, and with the GS tank like @Whiskey 's, it's smaller than her istick 40TC for purse toting.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What alternative head Jim? You know Atantis/Triton/Vaporesso heads fit them right?

That's what I meant, especially available RBA options.
(I haven't jumped on the Ceramic bandwagon yet)

I just have to go back and re-read the several PICO threads here and "there" to start putting a list together.

But I'm being lazy about it. :p

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I meant, especially available RBA options.
(I haven't jumped on the Ceramic bandwagon yet)

I just have to go back and re-read the several PICO threads here and "there" to start putting a list together.

But I'm being lazy about it. :p
Gotcha.:shades:

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just wanted to give a report on the Smok Micro tank and the Pico. I'm running the .25 SS TC coils and everything is running smooth. The Pico even reads the coil at .25 which I'm not used to. Usually the crown and herk+ coils very so much from whats marked on them...l would have to say anyone lookin for a nice little tank(but comes with 3 different size glass) for their Pico, l would definitely recommend the Micro Smok....

VU Sponsors